Start by marking “Devil's Eye (Mirus, #1.2)” as Want to Read:
Devil's Eye (Mirus, #1.2)

Devil's Eye (Mirus #1.2)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  104 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
A Novella of the Mirus:

Trouble. That’s what wolf-shifter Mick Guidry thinks when a beautiful woman appears in his New Orleans bar with a hurricane at her back. His first impression is confirmed when Sophie starts asking questions about his missing waitress, Liza. Mick will do anything to rescue a member of the pack he’s made for himself, including forming an unlikely alli
ebook
Published December 22nd 2010

To ask other readers questions about Devil's Eye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devil's Eye

Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: Available Now!
Publisher: Self Published
Author’s Website: http://kaitnolan.com
My Source for This Book: Amazon.com
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 1.5 Mirus
Series Best Read In Order: Yes, but would work well as a standalone
Steam Level: Warm

I hate myself a little right now. You see, I bought this short story in December, when it was a new release, and somehow it got shoved to the back of my TBR pile on m
A.M.
Set in Kait Nolan’s Mirus universe, Devil’s Eye is a fast-paced urban fantasy detective novella which expands upon the intriguing world-building first seen in Forsaken By Shadow. This bite-sized tale is just long enough to whet your appetite and introduce some interesting new characters, but also works well as a stand-alone for those unfamiliar with Nolan’s work.

Trouble. That’s what wolf-shifter Mick thinks when a beautiful woman appears in his New Orleans bar with a hurricane at her back. His f
Vicki Keire
Jan 08, 2011 Vicki Keire rated it it was amazing
I love New Orleans. It's like no other city in the world. There's a rhythm and a spirit there that I've never encountered anywhere else. It's easy to break it down into its component parts and celebrate those: the food, the music, the architecture, the festivals. It's far more difficult to capture some aspect of the essence of the whole.

When I heard Kait Nolan had set her latest Mirus release in New Orleans, I knew I had to read it. The city is so often the subject of paranormal fiction that rar
Misti Wolanski
Jun 10, 2011 Misti Wolanski rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, urban-fantasy
First, a caveat: I read paranormal romance for the paranormal, not the romance. I find that entire "Love at first sight" and "I don't know you but I love you anyway" stuff silly. That is, however, a matter of personal taste and is something I try to ignore. This story has that "Love at first sight" stuff in it, so if you can't stand it, move along.

Otherwise, "Devil's Eye" offers an enjoyable read with some lovely turns of phrase. I love how the hurricane tied into things. There were still a few
Eric
First a disclaimer, today I was sick, I was so sick I don't even want to tell you how sick I was. Let's just leave it at be wary of "fresh" on fresh food and we'll move on.

Considering I had to completely stop a few times while reading this novella I was totally hyped about I was surprised to see how clearly it all stayed in my head. I love how Nolan spins a tale. There's none of the extra nonsense and fat that I've come accustomed to ignoring to continue reading a book, it's all meat and I love
Soleil
Jan 15, 2011 Soleil rated it it was amazing
Frickin’ Sweet. That’s what I think any time Kait Nolan’s work is involved. Sure, this is only my second Nolan read, Forsaken by Shadow being the first, but I’ve learned to trust my gut when it comes to certain authors. And the Mirus books are turning into one hell of an awesome series. Devil’s Eye is just as good as it’s predecessor.

Though-since the author saw fit to mention it herself-Devil’s Eye is more of an Urban Fantasy with Romantic elements than ParaRom (which FBS definitely was). Given
Kim
Jan 04, 2011 Kim rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Kim by: Kait Nolan
This is the second novella in the Mirus series by Kait Nolan, and equally as great as the first. I have been looking forward to this story since the moment I finished the last. One of things I love most about this writer is her ability to fully flesh out and conclude a full story in the shorter length of a novella without making the reader feel rushed or that anything was left out. Her use of descriptive language is extraordinary, drawing you into the story and causing you to feel the emotions t ...more
Sharon
May 20, 2011 Sharon rated it really liked it
A werewolf, a demon, and a demi-goddess all walk into a bar... It sounds like a joke, but they all really do, at one point in this story.

I wish I could give half-stars, because I'd add another half a star to this rating. I love Nolan's strong heroines, and her stories are always action-packed. I'm breathless when I'm done, because I hold it without realizing it; there literally is no down-time, no time to regroup, no time to take stock.

Devil's Eye--and its predecessor Forsaken by Shadow--strong
Alex Laybourne
Jul 05, 2011 Alex Laybourne rated it really liked it
I have now read Forsaken by Shadow and Devil's eye and it is clear to everyone that Kait Nolan has gone from strength to strength with her second Mirus Novel(la). I thoroughly enjoyed FBS and was kept totally engaged and thoroughly entertained by Devil's eye. It seems much more mature in its story line yet kept that YA feel along with it.
I really loved the fact that the novel was set over just one day, it created a fast pacing naturally and once the plot grabs a hold of you (at about paragraph
Deniz
Nov 03, 2011 Deniz rated it really liked it
If you're looking for a short piece to read this weekend, you can't do better than Kait Nolan's latest paranormal novella, Devil's Eye, the second story in the Mirus series. Devil's Eye features wolf-shifter Mick and demi-goddess Sophie, set against the backdrop of New Orleans - with a hurricane coming in.

The story is tightly woven, with rising tension throughout, and the romance between Mick and Sophie had me hoping for more stories about them.

Kait does a great job of wrapping up the action b
Sandra
I really like Nolan's short-stories, but they're a total teaser for her full-length books (unfortunately not out yet). You can get this one for free if you sign up for her newsletter, and 'Blindsight' is free on BN.com or Goodreads. It was fun reading about Mick and Sophia because we were introduced to them very briefly at the end of 'Blinsight', and we also get to learn a little more about Isla's story. Although it doesn't matter if you read this or that first, their both enjoyable short storie ...more
Jessica Anne
Oct 20, 2011 Jessica Anne rated it really liked it
A really fun read! It's was my first paranormal romance, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The story follows Sophie, a demi-goddess, and Mick, a werewolf, as they try to save Sophie's sister by stealing the Devil's Eye, an ancient stone with extraordinary powers. The world building was really well done and the characters very real and memorable. It wasn't too heavy on the romance, not a bodice ripping type of book, but did have a very strong action/mystery component. It was a quick read for me and I ...more
Lisa
May 26, 2011 Lisa rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, paranormal
This is the second book in the Mirus series.
The love story between Sophie, a demi-goddess, and Mick, a wolf-shifter, is just beginning when the novel finishes, so I'm interested in seeing how that develops.
One of the more interesting secondary characters in this novella is the demon who inhabits the Devil's Eye. I have a feeling, based on what I've read, that he may become more important as the series develops. At least I hope so!
A good read. I'm looking forward to the full-length novels. :)
Anya Kelleye
Jan 08, 2011 Anya Kelleye rated it it was amazing
Although this was just a glimpse into the beginning of the relationship for Sophie & Mick I just loved this! I think of this story as more of a teaser to a greater story to come.

The action was fast paced and kept me turning the pages to get to the end. I read this in just half a day. Would have been quicker because I didn't want to put it down but I had to do real work. :( So I had to read during my lunch break and after work.

Kudos to Ms. Nolan for an excellent story!
Lauralynn Elliott
Dec 30, 2010 Lauralynn Elliott rated it it was amazing
This was a great story of adventure, romance, and peril. Kait Nolan always does a wonderful job writing action as well as developing characters in such a way that we feel as if we know them. This was an awesome novella, and even though it's just a taste of what's in store for Mick and Sophie, I feel like it can also be read as a stand alone story and still be entertaining with enough closure at the end. I thoroughly enjoyed this one!
Darcia Helle
I fell in love with the character Mick when I read Forsaken By Shadow, the first book in Kait Nolan's Mirus series. Yes, I admit it, I fell in love with a character. He funny and tough and has that cool factor going for himself. In this second book, I loved him even more.

This is a great story, with suspense and mystery, romance and fantasy. It's a short book but packed with intensity from beginning to end.
Raven Carluk
Mar 15, 2011 Raven Carluk rated it liked it
I love the world of the Mirus. There's so much there to explore, and such an interesting range of characters.

This is another good addition to that world. I liked the adventure, and really like the characters.

What I didn't like was how very brief it was. Painfully so. I'd barely gotten into the narrative before it was over.
DeAnna Knippling
Nov 28, 2011 DeAnna Knippling rated it really liked it
Urban fantasy that's written in a professional as hell style. Good plot, good characters, use of a mix of typical and atypical mythologies without being jarring, good romantic leads...is there ANYTHING wrong with this book? I don't know, maybe there's a comma missing somewhere.

Mary Kruger
Mar 16, 2012 Mary Kruger rated it really liked it
Good story although a bit too short for my liking. Love the suspense and the way everything falls back into place. Would be better though if the book was a longer read, maybe draged on slightly longer so the imagination could let loose a little. Loved it though.
Melissa
Jan 28, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing
My personal favourite of the Mirus series thus far. Mick and Sophie are two of my favourite characters in any genre of fiction. The scene in the catacombs is fantastic and who doesn't love a demon with a sense of humour?
R Scott Steele
Mar 28, 2012 R Scott Steele rated it it was amazing
Another excellent tale in the Mirus world. One of the main characters is from the first story and she made me like him even more. A really nice paranormal romance that keeps drawing me in to her world.
Marie Wolf
May 02, 2011 Marie Wolf rated it really liked it
Another great book in the series. The Mirus world is creative, the characters are loveable, the story keeps you on your toes with no chance to guess.
I am looking forwards to the others!
Mhairi Simpson
May 24, 2011 Mhairi Simpson rated it it was amazing
Again, I loved it. Each book brings in some new aspect of the Mirus culture, so you never feel like it's all being dumped on you at once. Kait is a seriously skilled writer.
Laurie McLean
Jun 27, 2011 Laurie McLean rated it it was amazing
Have I said how much I like this universe and its characters? Well, I do. Read this! You won't be disappointed. I hear a novel-length Mirus novel is in the works from Kait.
Christel Grady
Feb 01, 2011 Christel Grady rated it it was amazing
April
Apr 18, 2011 April rated it liked it
I was very sad to realize that this was only a novella! I'll definitely look forward to more.
SheLove2Read
Jun 18, 2011 SheLove2Read rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
Wished it had been longer!
Donna Sabol
Jun 09, 2013 Donna Sabol rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed the series
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Dagmar Ooms
Dagmar Ooms marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Advice Girl (Dalara, #1)
  • The Catalyst (Preternaturals, #3)
  • A Storm of Love, A Novella
  • The Vampire Relationship Guide: Meeting & Mating (Vampire Relationship Guide, #1)
  • Impulse Control (Talent Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Dead People (Haunted Hearts #1)
  • Catalyst (The Passage of Hellsfire, #1)
  • Darkness in the Blood (Angel's Edge, #2)
  • Kiss Me, Kill Me (Includes: Dulcie O'Neil, #1.5; Wild, #3)
  • Lights, Camera...Monsters (Monsters in Hollywood, #1)
  • Vampire Assassin (Jane #1)
  • Spiderwork (Apocalypto, #2)
  • Fierce Dawn (ParaRealm, #1)
  • Die Already
  • Thalo Blue
  • Beyond the Darkening
  • Fruitbasket from Hell (Alex Cheradon Mysteries #1.1)
  • The 19 Dragons
I’m a southern gal, Mississippi born and raised. My nose stuck in a book is where I spent most of my days. Chillin’ out maxin’, relaxin’ all cool… oh wait, I’m starting to rhyme with the Fresh Prince theme song. Sorry…

Seriously though, I love books. I was a voracious reader, starting way back with Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys. I moved from mystery to paranormal to romance to romantic suspense. My wri
More about Kait Nolan...

Mirus (4 books)
  • Forsaken By Shadow (Mirus, #1.1)
  • Blindsight (Mirus, #1.3)
  • Riven (Mirus, #2)