Start by marking “Bobby Flay's Burgers, Fries, and Shakes” as Want to Read:
Bobby Flay's Burgers, Fries, and Shakes

Bobby Flay's Burgers, Fries, and Shakes

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  196 ratings  ·  24 reviews
After a long day spent in one of his restaurants or taping a television show, what Bobby Flay craves more than anything else is … a crusty-on-the-outside, juicy-on-the-inside burger; a fistful of golden, crisp, salty fries; and a thick, icy milkshake. Given the grilling guru’s affinity for bold flavors and signature twists on American favorites, it’s no surprise that he ha...more
Published October 6th 2010 by Clarkson Potter (first published April 14th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Bobby Flay's Burgers, Fries, and Shakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bobby Flay's Burgers, Fries, and Shakes

Dave
So far, I've enjoyed this book a great deal! Fascinating ways to enhance the burger, and tips on fries that I will try. I have yet to read about shakes. I will definately crack this book open many times on my countertop!
This is a fun cook book with lots of ideas on great burgers. Out favorite recipe in this book is the Louisiana burger. My only complaint with this book is that many of the recipes just offer toppings for burgers rather than a unique BURGER. Still, this is a great cookbook with lots of flavor.
Ed
Oct 08, 2009 Ed rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone who needs to find a gift for the person who has everything.
I guess if you want to know more than 100 ways to cook a hamburger this would be a good reference. I wasn't all that interested.

The sections on fries and shakes are minimal and not very helpful.

I did learn one usable thing. Using your thumb, make an indentation in the center of the raw pattie so that it doesn't arch up while cooking. This prevents the need to flatten the hamburger with a spatula while it's cooking, thereby saving the juices.

Needless to say, I did not read this book word for word...more
Rebecca JW Jindra
My children live this book and the food. They argue over which burger to try next. They even now eat arugula on burgers with enthusiasm. This is a great way to get teens and kids to try new flavor combinations.
Sue
Love the burger ideas in this book.
Veronica
Bought this for the Onion Straws recipe. They are perfect! Handed the book to the boys to pick their burgers. They devoured them. Finished with shakes for dessert. The men in my house were happy for a delicious break from our normal whole, healthy food plan. Will use this book again for an upcoming party -variety tray of 4 different Silders from the burger recipes....Caesar, Mushroom Cheddar, Bleu Cheese, and Buffalo maybe? -with a bowl of Onion Straws in the middle of the tray. Yum!
Melanie
Well, since I am unhealthily obsessed with Bobby Flay, I had to read his cookbooks!!! This one had lots of good advice for burger cooking, and sides, and milkshakes. It all looked really good. The only thing I found sort of annoying was that all the burger recipes were exactly the same; apparently the whole point of the recipes was to put different toppings on. Whatever. The cookbook was well written, AND it had full color photographs. :)
Mrs.
A solid, basic hamburger book. I just re-read the book and for some reason ended up liking it a lot more than I did the first time through. Flay likes to let the meat speak for itself, and jazzes things up with condiments and toppings. There are a few recipes for fishburgers, and most of the recipes can be made with turkey. I really liked the sections on toppings and condiments, as well as his secrets to making fries.
Randy Daugherty
The secret to a great hamburger is not the burger itself but what goes on top and along with it.
Bobby offers up a multitude of ways to cook one of America's favorite sandwich's and fry's and shakes to go along with it.
This will be one cookbook I keep close to hand as we head into the summer grilling season.
Tressa
The burger recipes were intriguing, but I was really in it for the fries and shakes. I was surprised at how easy it was to make both. I liked the explanation about the cheeses. The photographs were done beautifully.
Suzanne
This cookbook is not meant to be one you reach for every day. It targets a specific audience- omnivores looking for a junk food hit. It gives classic recipes and creative spins on old favorites. Try the sweet potato fries.
Libraryassistant
Love the restaurants, love to try making the burgers at home. Simple writing-- basically many variations on a theme-- but what a yummy theme. And oh, if you make the Meyer Lemon mustard, there is no going back!
Janastasia Whydra
A cookbook that focuses on burgers, fries, and shakes. Plenty of recipes to try for the summertime. Artful pictures that correlate with the recipes, but not what the novice's burger is going to look like.
Katherine
Basically, Bobby Flay KNOWS burgers. And is pretty brilliant in his flavour ideas and combinations for burgers. I would DEFINITELY make any and every one of these burgers!!!
Fran
Bobby flay is interesting. Hamburgers are my favorite food. Had to check out this book. Delicious!
S
Good ideas for the burgers, heres a tip - use venison and mix it with ground pork or chorizo.
Lauren
Mmmmm, burgers. Mmmmm, fries. Oh, and milkshakes? Yeah, that brings ME to the yard.
Amber
The only cookbook I've ever read where I want to make/eat everything in it!
Patti
Not only is this a great cookbook it is very readable. Great information!
Karen
The Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake is quite a treat!
Margaret Dee
We have learned a lot from Bobby Flay; books and TV.
Josh
Milk Shakes in this book rock! Awesome burgers too
Carmen
absolutely delicious.
Sergio Aguilar
Sergio Aguilar marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Bobby Flay's Bar Americain Cookbook Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction Bobby Flay's Throwdown!: More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network's Ultimate Cooking Challenge Bobby Flay's Grill It! Brunch at Bobby's: 140 Recipes for the Best Part of the Weekend