Start by marking “Bokura ga ita, Vol. 01” as Want to Read:
Bokura ga ita, Vol. 01

Bokura ga ita, Vol. 01 (We Were There #1)

3.99  ·  Rating Details ·  4,267 Ratings  ·  121 Reviews
L’inizio delle scuole superiori, per le ragazze può anche essere l’inizio di un amore. E questo, ovviamente, vale anche per Takahashi Nanami, detta Nana, vivace studentessa al primo anno...

Casualmente finito nella stessa classe di Nana è il popolarissimo Yano Motoharu. Due ragazze su tre finiscono inevitabilmente per innamorarsi di lui... riuscireste a immaginare chi, inve
Paperback, Girls Garden Series, 196 pages
Published May 2007 by Flashbook (first published October 26th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Bokura ga ita, Vol. 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bokura ga ita, Vol. 01

Arlene
Rating Clarification 3.5 Stars

We Were There by Yuki Obata was my first shojo manga, and I have to say I enjoyed it very much. I’ve read a couple of graphic novels before, but this was a different experience as the reading flow is a bit more unique because it keeps with the original Japanese format.

I was impressed with the art work that complimented the engaging storyline. I will admit that I made a few mistakes with the reading flow and had to go back for a redo for a page here and there, but i
Alba
Mar 13, 2012 Alba rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
If you got here, and you havent read this manga, then STOP RIGHT THERE.

If you like the romance where girl and boy love each other and do everything to make the other happy, altough sometimes they act like fools, then go and read something else. THIS is not for you.
But, if you like idiot girls in love with boys that treat them awful and dont deserves them, then keep going and cry a river with this.

Now, the review:

DIE YOU SON-OF-A-B**CH!!! Argh!!! Im sorry for the flame, but this guy is the wor
Laura (ローラ)
I read this series because I'd been recommended it so often, and also because I own the series, and I owe it to my money to read the manga I buy.

Unfortunately it's not the series I had hoped it could be. Every time you were left with a hanging question about where the story would go, I predicted the outcome. It was NEVER the outcome I'd hoped for. The outcome was always convenient. Always expected. And never profound.

The characters are weak. I think this is the overall problem I have with the s
Saralena
Jan 18, 2012 Saralena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Summary:
We Were There is about Nanami, a first year high schooler, who develops a crush on a seemingly carefree boy in her class. Her feelings are conflicted and confused as she starts to find out more about the boy, and the happens of his mysterious past.

Opinion:
I bought We Were There on a whim because the art on the cover looked interesting and the title seemed like it would make a good story-- I honestly didn't know what to expect! The novel ended up being a pleasant surprise though and I ho
Sesana
Jan 09, 2013 Sesana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is a big "no" for me. I am very picky about romance in my shoujo, I know that. But I think it should be a general rule of thumb that, when a guy casually tells you that he would kill any girlfriend of his that cheated on him, and then grabs you by the throat to prove his point, you should run. Run like the wind. Yano, the apparent love interest, was so disturbing to me that I had to force myself to finish this volume. No more.
Joyzi
Feb 28, 2011 Joyzi marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Shoujo
Recommended to Joyzi by: Crunchyroll
I love this anime, it's very realistic and it also talks about very sensitive issue about love, relationships and premarital sex. Romantic and emotional, and definitely at the beginning it's full of twists and turns that it might confuse you at first but that makes it more compelling. I have not read the manga entirely but only the latter volumes.
Lorena Mozo Vega (Pink Hummingbird)
ME MUERO DE AMOR <3
Theresa ♫
Oct 30, 2011 Theresa ♫ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fellow humans in search for a beautiful love story capable of making you cry
This review is for the anime...Apparently the way the anime and the manga ends are different--but this review is for the anime...

I can't describe Bokura Ga Ita. I've only watched the anime, but still....
Anyway, I just finished the anime within the hour that I'm typing this review. I can't describe the way this story made me feel.

This was officially the first ever series capable of making me cry. And even though I'm super childish and emotional and overreactive, I don't cry much over books and mo
Ana Lucía Gómez
Uno. Adoro este manga hasta cierto punto porque la música de su anime es super linda, habla de cosas que otros mangas no lo hacen y sí, tiene varios temas que van para más la categoría de josei.
Dos. POR QUÉ NADIE ME AVISÓ DE ESTO ANTES DE QUE LO EMPEZARA A LEER. Me terminó por destrozar el corazón cuando lo leí, así que si desean sufrir de una forma nada bonita pueden leer este manga, si no pueden optar mejor por otro.

Qué dolor señores, qué dolor.
Garden of Eden
Sep 17, 2016 Garden of Eden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not for those who has 'faint heart'. I mean this manga got suicide in it, sex in such young age, cheating, etc. For me, I may become annoyed with some of the characters, but come to think of it, it's reality. Nothing goes sweet all the time. Human sometimes makes bad choices. That's what the mangaka wants to emphasize in this.

Overall it's a great manga.
Dilushani Jayalath
I still don't know why I started this book. I didn't want to read it after seeing some comments on the anime. It was supposed to be a sad one and I normally stay away from sad manga and anime.
Th drawings are acceptable. Not my style though. But the story is interesting.
Anna
Oct 06, 2009 Anna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It's rare that I don't like a sappy shoujo manga. This is one of those occasions. I found both central characters uninteresting and not worth following. So glad that I just got this book from the library.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
This was interesting. I like Nana but Yano not sure about.
Miss Akacia .
Jan 03, 2017 Miss Akacia . rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me encanta que mi primera lectura de 2017 sea Yano Motoharu. Gracias Marino <3
Nek0 Neha (BiblioNyan)
1) There's no chemistry.
2) The guy is a grade-A fucking douchebag, even for shojo manga.
3) The story is slow and rather insignificant.
4) Promotion of psychological/emotional abuse that's validated due to "romantic" feelings.
5) Just no.
Re: M e
Feb 10, 2017 Re: M e rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Um how about no...this was just plain awful... I normally don't read sappy love stories I'm lying, I do but this one I can't condone because this girl doesn't understand how much of a psycho this guy is and the plot is just slow and obvious.
Mazohyst
I've been reading this series on and off for a couple of years. Yesterday at around 11 PM, I decided to read the series completely from the beginning. I didn't stop reading until 5:27 in the morning. I've tried reading the series from the beginning a couple times before, so this was literally my fourth time reading this volume.

As I read, I felt this small tug at my heart. Maybe it was from the pain of my first and failed "love", or from the love that I wish I could have had, or from the characte
Ale
Chapter 1.
No me acuerdo realmente quién me recomendó ver Bokura Ga Ita pero fue lo mejor que alguna vez hicieron, ¿ok?

Primero, sí, vi la serie, pero hasta el capítulo 9. Luego lo quise retomar pero no antes de leer la manga. Y ver de nuevo la serie y yo...

No me arrepiento

Me encanta Yano es demasiado cuchi en la vida! jkajksda
Y Nanami es otra cosa cuchi en la vida.
Nanami y Yano son tan cutest couples

Chapter 2.

Me cae súper mal Yamamoto, jum...
Y amo a Takeuchi. Siento algo que no debería sentir por
Vivi
To those who just saw the anime... we are not talking about the same story... the manga is so, so, so, much more deep, sad and beautiful.

The manga includes YANO's and Nanami's love story not only in high school but for years after. the story only deepens after Yano leaves (in the end of the anime).

I cried so much with this manga, Yano made my heart ache. How he gave up on their love (he had his reasons)but still always loved and longed for her.
And Nanami trying to start her life over, without hi
Jill Jacob-cabrera
Not gonna lie, I read this when I was much younger and liked angst. (Not that I grew out of angst, but yeah). This is a pretty long series, and it's motivated by a girl's really strong feelings for a guy hung over an ex who passed away. The guy is a bit flit, but is sincere. You might not like it because he is a bit of an ass, but there is a compelling melancholic thread that you can't just let go off. There are really beautiful, moving dialogues here. I especially liked the vividness of the gir ...more
Yue
2 stars may look like I did not like the manga, but I did. It is a dramatic shoujo, way more than I thought, and it was OK. I guess I was expecting more as this is one of the most popular manga/anime. Nana is the new girl at school and she tries to get friends. She meets Yano, one of the most popular boys in school, who actually has an interesting, but sad story. His girlfriend, the first one he ever loved, died not long ago.

Yano is an OK character, but I could not get into any of the characters
Paul
May 25, 2016 Paul rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Many books about romance have something new and interesting in the world that makes them enjoyable We Were There does not have anything like this. The book does a good job of showing how confusing and disorienting a love-hate relationship like the main characters have can be, but in doing so it also makes the entire story a little strange to read. The plot doesn’t seem to move forward ever and is just full of scenes of the characters interactions, after every chapter it is as if the entire story ...more
Lauren
Jul 22, 2013 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This first volume starts off slowly, but you will definitely fall in love with the series. I've been looking for a completed, good shoujo manga for the longest time since finishing hana yori dango (boys over flowers) a while ago.

This series DOESN'T DISAPPOINT!! I was left thinking over the entire story again and again. I've been telling all of my friends about the story line because I feel like it's been one of the most epic love stories I've ever read about/heard. It makes me nostalgic for high
☆Eiko
本屋で平積みされていて目立っていたので読んでみました。
意外なほどに面白かった。

これといって美人でもなく、取り得もない普通の女子高生の「七美」が高校に入学してから出会った矢野はクラスの中心的存在。
「お調子者」を絵に描いたような彼を当初は苦手に思っていた七美だが、彼が抱える心の傷(昔付き合っていた女性が別の男と事故死した)・複雑な家庭環境を知り、徐々に惹かれていく。

両思いになって付き合い始めるものの、矢野の心にはかつての彼女が居続けて、一度は「別れ」を選ぼうとする七美。
矢野の親友で七美を密かに思い続けていた生真面目な「竹内」も巻き込んでの三角関係。
やっと2人には幸せが・・・と思う間もなく、今度は母子家庭の矢野の母親の離婚による転校・遠距離恋愛、矢野の母親の闘病生活の末の(矢野の言動が引き鉄となっての)自殺・・・・・・・と、「外部からの要因」によって2人は引き離されそうになる。矢野に次々と困難が襲い掛かる中、傍に居て欲しい「七美」はいない。

で、現在は高校・大学を経て「社会人編」に突入中。
それぞれに大人となった中で矢野は行方不明の音信不通。
七美は自分の事を5年以上も想い続けてくれていた竹内と付
Soobie's heartbroken
E adesso riprendiamo in mano Bokura ga ita. Avevo già cominciato a leggerlo parecchi anni fa ma, con la scusa che la conclusione non arrivava mai, avevo abbandonato la lettura.

Reduce da Elettroshock Daisy, Vol. 01, avevo bisogno di qualcosa di più... arioso. Nel senso che le vignette di Elettroshock Daisy erano tanto piene, sia di testo sia di immagini. E qui, le vignette sono molto più vuote e c'è poco testo.

La storia parte come un normale shojo manga. Lei arriva al liceo e s'innamora immediat
Elexys Howard
Mar 24, 2014 Elexys Howard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this series, its even in my top 5 but the reason why i gave it a 4 was because the main character Takahashi doubted Yano to much i understood at first but when then she just keept doubting him and not believeing in him. Yes i understand that it was hard for her but it was hard on Yano as well.

I think Takahashi should have had more faith in Yano i think she should have been there for him when he was struggling, Takahashi has to think he let her into his heart after being betrayed and not
Priscilla VdL
Nov 02, 2013 Priscilla VdL rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The whole series.
The characters in this series are really thought out, even some of the secondary characters get enough descriptions and development.
Oh and it's frustrating when you get attached to characters, and then they go and do things they know will just make their life suck (makes you sad for their situations)...but all is good, there's a nice ending, even though it would have been nice to see how all the characters were maintaining their friendships/acquaintances, after going through all
EroMaru
Jan 05, 2014 EroMaru marked it as read-manga  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-challenge
Something about Yamamoto rubs me the wrong way I'm mean i know it sucks her sister died but from the sounds of she didn't even like her sister. She is just the ultimate downer for me and maybe i should have more sympathy for her but i just don't. I don't really relate with any of the characters so far maybe Takeuchi he is very likable. I think this has been a slow read so far hard to really get into but there is something to be said for a casual read easy to pick up and put down. I watched the a ...more
Thy Anonymous
Jul 23, 2015 Thy Anonymous rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
The art style was just plain creepy. I’m very picky when it comes to manga or graphic novels; not only does the plot have to be somewhat intriguing but the art-dios mio!- is everything. Because honestly, why would you draw the story in the first place when it can be badly written instead? Anyways, other than the disturbing art; the story was very silly and not captivating at all. I had to force myself through the first volume, thank God it wasn’t that long. Perhaps the anime is a better alternat ...more
Emma
Jun 12, 2013 Emma rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This manga had some good parts and some not-so-good parts. I may or may not continue with it. Some of it was a bit slow, but other parts really got me thinking.

I liked this part of a discussion between Nanami and Yano in particular:
Y: "Being softhearted and confessing your feelings wasn't wrong either"
N: "What do you mean?"
Y: "Huh? ... I don't know."
N: "...You don't know? Why do you always avoid the important stuff with "I don't know"... You never give me a direct answer."
Y: "I'm not avoidinig a
Shoujo Manga Book...: We Were There Discussion 1 10 Jul 03, 2014 03:17PM
happy ending? sad ending? 5 23 Aug 25, 2012 09:56AM
  • Sand Chronicles, Vol. 1 (Sand Chronicles, #1)
  • Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu - Secret Unrequited Love (Volume 1)
  • Nosatsu Junkie, Volume 1
  • Tramps Like Us, Vol. 1
  • Cat Street, Vol. 1 (Cat Street #1)
  • Honey Hunt, Vol. 1
  • Love★Com, Vol. 17
  • B.O.D.Y., Volume 1
  • Honey and Clover, Vol. 1
  • Strobe Edge, Vol. 1 (Strobe Edge, #1)
  • Nana, Vol. 8 (Nana, #8)
  • Moe Kare!!, Vol. 01
  • Kiss/Hug, Vol. 01
  • Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 2
  • Crimson Hero, Vol. 1 (Crimson Hero, # 1)
  • Suppli, Volume 1
  • Mixed Vegetables, Vol. 1 (Mixed Vegetables, #1)
  • Desire Climax, Vol. 1