Start by marking “The Dream Spell” as Want to Read:
The Dream Spell

The Dream Spell

When she cast the dream spell, all she could think of was what she wanted, never of the consequences…

After years of trying to have a baby through IVF, Sophie Quinn’s marriage breaks up. In her attempt to start a family, Sophie had put the rest of her life on hold, including a thriving business, so now at thirty-five she’s single again, living alone in a tiny apartment, wi
Published (first published February 25th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Dream Spell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dream Spell

Susan Francis
I made the mistake of judging a book by it's cover when I bought this one. I was attracted to it because of the cover - which is great, by the way. I also liked the premise of the story. It sounded very promising and my kind of read. Unfortunately, it was a major let-down and I am annoyed because it cost me 7 quid! (seven UK pounds.) It starts off with a gratuitous sex scene. Yes, okay I get the relevance, but we didn't need the details. I'm no prude and it might have been okay if it wasn't so p ...more
Julia Putnam
May 24, 2012 Julia Putnam rated it did not like it
I hate writing about how much I don't like a book... but I REALLY didn't like this book. It was one of the worst things I've read in a very long time. The characters weren't anything wonderful, but that wasn't the problem - the story itself was completely unbelievable. I get the fantasy genre - I read it - this wasn't fantasy, except that there's a random witch(?) and odd miracles (trying not to "spoil" anything). I found myself saying "COME ON" out loud to know one quite a few times. If it were ...more
Mira
Feb 07, 2012 Mira rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
I downloaded this book (amongst others) to my iPad because it was free and I wanted to try using an e-reader. I give it 3 stars only because I liked the concept of the book. Someone casts a spell, a dream spell, and then strange things begin to happen, people begin to have "realistic" dreams. The book is a romance. Straight forward romance. I like my romance novels to have more plot instead of the usual boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl.This one started off promising. Instead it turn ...more
Andrea
Oct 27, 2015 Andrea rated it liked it
Without reading the synopsis of this book and just reading the title I assumed this would be a paranormal book about witches or something similar. I guess I learned don't judge a book by its cover the hard way.

There is a supernatural element in the very beginning which sets the catalyst for the plot which in finally explained in the end. However, most of the book does not deal with paranormal concepts or entities. This left me a little disappointed, but as I already mentioned, that's my own faul
Marsha
Apr 20, 2011 Marsha rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Adults
If you are like me and are tired of all of these books advertising paranormal romance but laden with rape and violence, "The Dream Spell" could be the book for you. This book is lighthearted and fun!

Sophie's husband, Duncan divorces her after several fail pregnancy attempts and 10 year of marriage. After the divorce she tries to get her life together moving into a 2 bedroom flat and continue working at a social service department. She begins having erotic dreams about a sexy man.

At work, it is
Rachel Lynn Sterling
May 18, 2012 Rachel Lynn Sterling rated it it was ok
The book I read was titled The Dream Child, but is the same book. I wish I could give it 2 1/2 stars. There were many ups and downs for me. I kept trying to ignore some of the corny dialog while really enjoying the few sections of witty banter. There were also some really good sections when I felt the character connections and then there were many other parts that I just felt were cheesy. All and all, it held my attention most of the time. Certainly glad it was a freebie though.
S.M. Gilson
Jul 09, 2012 S.M. Gilson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I can't believe how many negative reviews this book has gotten. I must say I read it in two days. I absolutely loved it! I had to find out what happened next so I found myself reading really late into the night. I can tell this is a new author from the writing and as a new author myself I feel for her. So please people if you are going to give a bad rating at least be considerate and not give a bad review.
Latte
Jan 16, 2012 Latte rated it liked it
Not really a paranormal romance in that there are no vampires, werewolves or the like. The hero and heroine meet first in a dream, then in real life, but never discuss their shared dreams till the end of the story. Overall an ok read but one you'd probably wait on. Not one to hurry up to read.
Nicole
Apr 05, 2011 Nicole rated it it was amazing
This was such a great book. There was magic but more so it was a great love story that I absolutely loved. It is an adult book also....I've been reading so many YA books lately so it was nice to get back into some adult stuff. Very well written and highly recommend this book.
Larkyn South
Jul 26, 2012 Larkyn South rated it it was ok

This book was ok. There could have been more to the story. A lot of grammatical errors. I felt it was kind of rushed.
Nikki
Jan 21, 2012 Nikki rated it liked it
A really fun eread :)
Tiffany Balay
Nov 15, 2012 Tiffany Balay rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for an amazing Magical Romance novel, look no further. A dream spell absolutely captivated me. 5-Stars!
Sherrill
Mar 09, 2011 Sherrill rated it it was amazing
A little something different from what I have been reading.

A good read for a rainy night.
Bobbie White
Bobbie White rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2015
Nikky
Nikky rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2014
Teresa
Teresa rated it liked it
May 21, 2012
Lynn
Lynn rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2012
Thirteen
Thirteen rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2012
Veronica Heinz
Veronica Heinz rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2014
Missy
Missy rated it it was ok
Jul 07, 2014
Tamara Miller
Tamara Miller rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2011
Darling
Darling rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2013
Jennifer Boyd
Jennifer Boyd rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2013
Julie Post
Julie Post rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2012
Angel
Angel rated it it was ok
Jan 16, 2013
Oidaletmgmail.com
Oidaletmgmail.com rated it it was ok
Nov 01, 2014
Kirra
Kirra rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2015
Molly
Molly rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2011
Vanessa Bates
Vanessa Bates rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2014
Susana
Susana rated it did not like it
Jan 16, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Baby Comes First
  • Whispers on the Wind
  • All About Eve
  • Hell Bent: Love Kills... Professionally
  • The Reluctant (Crayder Chronicles #1)
  • Terms of Possession (Romance)
  • The First Time is the Sweetest
  • Time Treasure
  • Sold in Savannah (Priates of Savannah, #1)
  • Love's Magic (Boadicea, #1)
  • Freedom Incorporated
  • Pay Me in Flesh (Mallory Caine, Zombie-at-Law, #1)
  • Master of Desire (Brides of Caralon, #2)
  • The Avatars: Beginnings (The Avatars, #0.5)
  • The Lady Makes Three
  • Weaver (Weaver Saga #1)
  • Dark Reckoning
  • Incredible (The Inevitable Trilogy #3)
Emma Daniels lives in Sydney Australia, but also lived in Germany as a child. She is married with two children. She has been writing romantic novels for most of her life, and the results are clear - more than 15 books to her name. She is also a jewellary artist. Her favourite mediums are chain maille, bead sewing and artistic wire work.
More about Emma Daniels...