Start by marking “Ouran High Host Club, Volume 16” as Want to Read:
Ouran High Host Club, Volume 16

Ouran High Host Club, Volume 16 (Ouran High School Host Club #16)

4.52  ·  Rating Details ·  5,611 Ratings  ·  87 Reviews
At the Seniors’ graduating party, Fate decides to pull the ol’ ‘accidental kiss’ prank on Tamaki and Haruhi! Before they recover from the shock, another surprise hits Tamaki - his grandmother has summoned him to the Suou main residence! That, however, signifies the start of a hectic routine under her authoritarian rule that leaves him with no time for the club. Then the fi ...more
Published July 6th 2010 by Chuang Yi (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Ouran High Host Club, Volume 16, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ouran High Host Club, Volume 16

Michelle. D.
Aleixie
Dec 25, 2011 Aleixie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga

I am not going to spend a long time on this. Like most manga series, I have been disappointed toward the end. Although the characters were great (well, most anyway. The main character wasn't a very bright one), especially the twins, I had trouble staying awake (and not because I was deadly tired from all the Christmas decorating!!) The first book wasn't very bright either, where the characters came across as very shallow. Then, the following eight were good but the rest was the same thing over a
Nidhi Bhatt
Miss Ryoko
Aug 03, 2015 Miss Ryoko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, library-book
I really, really liked this volume a whole bunch! It was serious and silly, and a wee bit intense! I mean, I can make a huge guess as to how it'll all work out, but I really was digging Tamaki's "plot twist"

Two more volumes to go!! I can't wait to see how this series ends!
Daphne
This volume was so cute and sad at the same time!!!

But what happened at the end of chapter 72 **wink**
Katie
Mar 08, 2014 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, completed
see full review @ Katie's Corner
Eva Domínguez
Jul 04, 2016 Eva Domínguez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
T.T maldito Tamaki...
Hannah (Sakurahan)
Another great volume! 4.75 stars!
Joti
Aug 14, 2016 Joti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cornerofmadness
Oct 15, 2012 Cornerofmadness rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Olivia
Feb 25, 2017 Olivia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Tamaki is breaking my heart. Oooooh how I hate his grandmother! Although I think the duel was ridiculous...I loved every second of it. And the extra story about Haruhi's parents! It was so cute!
Rach
Dec 08, 2010 Rach rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The build-up between Hunny and Mori and their graduation in the first part of this volume seems a little excessive and irrelevant, given how it is resolved. Mori beats Hunny on a technicality, and his only requests are that once he starts at the university, he brush his teeth daily, eat less cake, and bring his bunny to school less. There is no real drama, because despite the fact that Hunny and Mori will not be at Ouran every day, they're still part of the group, and will be around.

The real dra
Julie Hayes
Mar 13, 2013 Julie Hayes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The time is rapidly approaching for Hunny and Mori’s graduation, hard as that is to believe. Even more unbelievable is that Mori has challenged Hunny to a duel! What’s up with that?

Ouran High School is abuzz with the news of the impending duel, and bets have even been placed. But no one can predict how the duel indeed ends.

April arrives, and time for the new school year, but the door to Music Room 3 remains locked…

So much is changing, more than friends graduating and moving on. Tamaki has been a
May 22, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Arrrggg!! This volume was so good! My chest was literally tight with emotion, my heart racing.
The first episode has Hunny and Mori’s fight, which Mori wins, allowing him to tell Hunny to remember to brush his teeth, cut his cake intake by 90% and to not take Bun-bun to uni. It also has Haruhi and Tamaki accidently nearly kiss when they pick Haruhi’s cookies off the floor.
In the second episode Tamaki is finally allowed to move into the main Suoh mansion. I was suspicious about this from the momen
Penny
Jan 14, 2013 Penny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-read, manga
Let me start out by saying that i will be writing one review for this manga. At first i had watched the anime that was adapted from this manga and i fell in love with the characters. It is a funny, cheesy kinda gender-bender romantic plot.

Compared to the anime, the manga had far more details and other stories involved.
Ok enough with the anime.

As i mentioned before the plot is a comedy, cheesy romantic, gender-bender...
Haruhi is a scholarship student at an exclusive rich high school called Ouran
Lynn
Aug 17, 2015 Lynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Today's post is on Ouran High School Host Club volume 16 by Bisco Hatori. It is 183 pages long and is published by Shojo Beat. The cover has Hunny and Mori on it looking sweet. As it is the sixteenth in the series you need to have read the first fifteen to understand the story. There is no language, no sex, and no violence in this book. The story is mostly told from Haruhi's perspective. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- The two senior members of the Host Club are graduating and
Review posted 1/30/2012 at Owl Tell You About It.

The reason I’m rating this lower than I’ve rated this series in the past is because this volume was full of a lot of stuff I just didn’t care about. I can remember when Fruits Basket was concluding and I could barely keep my nose out of those. I was so hooked. Even though this manga has really stepped things up in the past few volumes, some of it is just not that interesting to me.

Tamaki’s grandmother is made of evil. Actually, pretty much his who
Victoria
Mar 22, 2016 Victoria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book was an interesting experience, because my opinion did almost a complete 180 between the first chapter and the last.

The first chapter was really good, until it ended, at which point one of the biggest flaws in the manga was highlighted: Hatori's inability to change the status quo. In the very early volumes, it was mentioned at once that the passage of time was going to be ignored, which struck me then and now as pretty sloppy writing, particularly when the passage of time could
Anna
Hunny and Mori's graduation, and the duel which preceded it, was anticlimactic and silly. Which I suppose should've been expected from this duo. I don't know why I was expecting Mori to say something profound -- though really, if their respective fathers as models, this oddball master/servant dynamic isn't going to change anytime soon.

Haruhi's reaction to Tamaki is this volume makes me uncomfortable. (view spoiler)
Jocelyne
Dec 05, 2013 Jocelyne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
December 2013: 4 Stars
Dawwwww Mori and Hunny's fight was so true to who they are! I was worried at first but the ending of that sequence was great ^_^
I HATE TAMAKI'S GRANDMA!!! He is such a pure, kind soul, and she just poisons him and yet he remains optimistic! ... Gwaahhh it kills me to see him trying so hard and doing everything he can to please her, to no avail. Come on, Tamaki! Stand up to her! Show her that you have the strength of will, vision and leadership to run the company!
Meanwhile,
Marilag
Jul 09, 2012 Marilag rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emy
Jun 24, 2012 Emy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shoujo-manga, 2013
This is the hundredth review I've done on Goodreads. *fanfare*

Having broken a priceless vase, Haruhi Fujioka is in debt to the host club, and this romantic comedy series follows her as she tries to pay it back.

This volume covers Hunny and Mori's graduation, and the events that come after it. I can't really say much more without spoiling.

Let's just say my little heart is breaking. ;A;

I DON'T KNOW WHO TO TRUST. Perhaps I wasn't wrong about the chairman being sinister, after all! D:

On a side note,
❅ (t.c) (hiatus: school)
This is WAYYY too dramatic. I cannot stand this !@#$%^&*() volume!!! UGH THANK GOODNESS THINGS WILL BE RESOLVED. I get IT. Tamaki has to grow up, be the fucking leader and all that shit BUT that is NO fucking excuse to leave ALL your friends in a blackhole, CLUELESS and don't know a shit. Rich and wealthy people, especially one's insistent on that pure blood shit are THE WORST. I hope someone shits on Tamaki's grandma's heart. Someone needs to ask her if she even has one -.- I swear one da ...more
Feb 11, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mostly Plot with Little Thought

Mori and Bunny's supposed split makes the front page of the school newspaper (we also get to see what their dads look like!) causing a school wide stir. Of course the fight takes place on the classic windswept ridge! The reason why Mori wanted to fight Bunny....hysterical!

Haruhi and Tamaki accidentally kiss...you can imagine where this goes. Haoru gate crashes Kyoya's bedroom while he's sleeping. Tamaki is told he is going to live at Suoh Mansion #1.

Tamaki drops a
Ashley
Jun 28, 2013 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cynthia Santiago
Aug 26, 2015 Cynthia Santiago rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Todo empieza con la pelea entre Honey y Mori, quienes están a punto de graduarse y entrar a la universidad, cuando todo el grupo piensa que algo grave debe de haber pasado para que este dúo tenga una pelea resulta que solo era una estrategia para hacer ganar dinero al Club.
Después de un beso accidental entre Haruhi y Tamaki ninguno de los dos sabe como actuar, pero cuando la noticia de que Tamaki por fin será aceptado en la primer mansión este accidente se olvida para solo dar paso a la incerti
Sarah Hayes
Jun 10, 2011 Sarah Hayes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
T-T-TAMAKI-SEMPAI ;_____; this was very much a Tamaki volume - despite the back cover description, most of the chapters center around him and his troubled relationship with his family. It also has some lovely flail-making Tamaki/Haruhi moments including the one at the end of the first chapter OH YES LET IT BE ♥

The extra chapters are adorable as well, especially the one about Haruhi's parents back when they first started dating. Interesting stuff! All in all, for a series sliding into home base,
Aparajita
Jun 04, 2012 Aparajita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
God i cannot believe that Honey and Mori graduated!
Mori challenges Honey to a battle because he has something to say to Honey and he will only say that if he wins.
In this book we are introdued to Honey and Mori's parents who are nothing like Honey and Mori.
Honey's father accuses Mori because he challenges Honey but Mori's father reminds him the number of things Mori has done for Honey and thy are epically funny!
When Mori challenged Honey i thought he had something very serious to say but the thi
Rahmah
First kiss karena nggak sengaja Tamaki dan Haruhi. Tamaki pindah ke rumah utama, tapi harus keluar dari Host Club. Pernyataan kejam Tamaki ke Haruhi. Semakin panas aja jilid 16 ini (T▽T) *ku nggak suka yang terlalu serius fufufu*

Cerita tambahan tentang orangtua Haruhi juga menarik. Sifat Haruhi mirip bener deh sama emaknya. Bedanya ibunya ternyata penyuka cowok imut dan polos dan juga lebih aktif. Persamaannya sih, sama-sama pintar dan terjebak dengan laki-laki yang ya gitu deh hahaha (∩_∩)

• Fruits Basket, Vol. 16
  • Special A, Vol. 17 (Special A, #17)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 17 (Hana-Kimi, #17)
  • 電撃デイジー5
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 22
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 07 (Maid Sama! #7)
Japanese: 葉鳥ビスコ

Bisco Hatori born August 30 is a Japanese manga artist. Bisco Hatori is a pseudonym; she states that the name has special meaning to her. She has worked for such magazines as LaLa. Her manga debut was A Moment of Romance in LaLa DX. Her first series was Millennium Snow. However, the comedy Ouran High School Host Club is her breakout hit.

More about Bisco Hatori...

Ouran High School Host Club (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 2 (Ouran High School Host Club, #2)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 3 (Ouran High School Host Club, #3)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 4 (Ouran High School Host Club, #4)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 5 (Ouran High School Host Club, #5)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 6 (Ouran High School Host Club, #6)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 7 (Ouran High School Host Club, #7)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 8 (Ouran High School Host Club, #8)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 9 (Ouran High School Host Club, #9)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 10 (Ouran High School Host Club, #10)

“You, your grandmother, the chairman----YOU'RE ALL ABUNCH OF FRIGGIN' IDIOTS!!!"

~Haruhi”