Start by marking “Ouran High Host Club, Volume 16” as Want to Read:
Ouran High Host Club, Volume 16

Ouran High Host Club, Volume 16 (Ouran High School Host Club #16)

4.52 of 5 stars 4.52  ·  rating details  ·  4,331 ratings  ·  55 reviews
At the Seniors’ graduating party, Fate decides to pull the ol’ ‘accidental kiss’ prank on Tamaki and Haruhi! Before they recover from the shock, another surprise hits Tamaki - his grandmother has summoned him to the Suou main residence! That, however, signifies the start of a hectic routine under her authoritarian rule that leaves him with no time for the club. Then the fi ...more
Published July 6th 2010 by Chuang Yi (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Ouran High Host Club, Volume 16, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ouran High Host Club, Volume 16

Michelle. D.
Aleixie

I am not going to spend a long time on this. Like most manga series, I have been disappointed toward the end. Although the characters were great (well, most anyway. The main character wasn't a very bright one), especially the twins, I had trouble staying awake (and not because I was deadly tired from all the Christmas decorating!!) The first book wasn't very bright either, where the characters came across as very shallow. Then, the following eight were good but the rest was the same thing over a
Cornerofmadness
Review posted 1/30/2012 at Owl Tell You About It.

The reason I’m rating this lower than I’ve rated this series in the past is because this volume was full of a lot of stuff I just didn’t care about. I can remember when Fruits Basket was concluding and I could barely keep my nose out of those. I was so hooked. Even though this manga has really stepped things up in the past few volumes, some of it is just not that interesting to me.

Tamaki’s grandmother is made of evil. Actually, pretty much his who
Julie Hayes
The time is rapidly approaching for Hunny and Mori’s graduation, hard as that is to believe. Even more unbelievable is that Mori has challenged Hunny to a duel! What’s up with that?

Ouran High School is abuzz with the news of the impending duel, and bets have even been placed. But no one can predict how the duel indeed ends.

April arrives, and time for the new school year, but the door to Music Room 3 remains locked…

So much is changing, more than friends graduating and moving on. Tamaki has been a
Rach
The build-up between Hunny and Mori and their graduation in the first part of this volume seems a little excessive and irrelevant, given how it is resolved. Mori beats Hunny on a technicality, and his only requests are that once he starts at the university, he brush his teeth daily, eat less cake, and bring his bunny to school less. There is no real drama, because despite the fact that Hunny and Mori will not be at Ouran every day, they're still part of the group, and will be around.

The real dra
Penny
Let me start out by saying that i will be writing one review for this manga. At first i had watched the anime that was adapted from this manga and i fell in love with the characters. It is a funny, cheesy kinda gender-bender romantic plot.

Compared to the anime, the manga had far more details and other stories involved.
Ok enough with the anime.

As i mentioned before the plot is a comedy, cheesy romantic, gender-bender...
Haruhi is a scholarship student at an exclusive rich high school called Ouran
Anna
Hunny and Mori's graduation, and the duel which preceded it, was anticlimactic and silly. Which I suppose should've been expected from this duo. I don't know why I was expecting Mori to say something profound -- though really, if their respective fathers as models, this oddball master/servant dynamic isn't going to change anytime soon.

Haruhi's reaction to Tamaki is this volume makes me uncomfortable. (view spoiler)
Jocelyne
December 2013: 4 Stars
Dawwwww Mori and Hunny's fight was so true to who they are! I was worried at first but the ending of that sequence was great ^_^
I HATE TAMAKI'S GRANDMA!!! He is such a pure, kind soul, and she just poisons him and yet he remains optimistic! ... Gwaahhh it kills me to see him trying so hard and doing everything he can to please her, to no avail. Come on, Tamaki! Stand up to her! Show her that you have the strength of will, vision and leadership to run the company!
Meanwhile,
Marilag
Emy
This is the hundredth review I've done on Goodreads. *fanfare*

Having broken a priceless vase, Haruhi Fujioka is in debt to the host club, and this romantic comedy series follows her as she tries to pay it back.

This volume covers Hunny and Mori's graduation, and the events that come after it. I can't really say much more without spoiling.

Let's just say my little heart is breaking. ;A;

I DON'T KNOW WHO TO TRUST. Perhaps I wasn't wrong about the chairman being sinister, after all! D:

On a side note,
Jenny Clark
I love how Hatori makes fun of everything in her story like "Wow, I feel like my first year was really long" and the twins saying "I thought there were no birthday plots" and various other little things. I really want to know what is up with Tamaki's dad. I get the grandma never accepted Tamaki but I thought his dad did care about him but he just says to listen to grandma... Kyoya had better save Tama!!!
Ashley
❅ (t.c) (hiatus: school)
This is WAYYY too dramatic. I cannot stand this !@#$%^&*() volume!!! UGH THANK GOODNESS THINGS WILL BE RESOLVED. I get IT. Tamaki has to grow up, be the fucking leader and all that shit BUT that is NO fucking excuse to leave ALL your friends in a blackhole, CLUELESS and don't know a shit. Rich and wealthy people, especially one's insistent on that pure blood shit are THE WORST. I hope someone shits on Tamaki's grandma's heart. Someone needs to ask her if she even has one -.- I swear one da ...more
Sarah Hayes
T-T-TAMAKI-SEMPAI ;_____; this was very much a Tamaki volume - despite the back cover description, most of the chapters center around him and his troubled relationship with his family. It also has some lovely flail-making Tamaki/Haruhi moments including the one at the end of the first chapter OH YES LET IT BE

The extra chapters are adorable as well, especially the one about Haruhi's parents back when they first started dating. Interesting stuff! All in all, for a series sliding into home base, i
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Well this was good. Series getting interesting. And moments where it was good, a little sad in a way and makes you wonder where the story will go, same with the characters.
Sakura Yue Michaelis
The departure of 2 members of the club :( the ending is approaching :(

BUT! the first kiss between 2 other beloved members! :D Very "shoujo" style.
Bec ♥ Live for the ones you love ♥
This volume wasn't as silly as the others, but it did give me an array of emotions and I'm interested to see what happens in the next one.
Romi
And this is the one. This is the one where I just paused at Ranka's words and nodded and wanted that to last forever.
Ren
Tamaki's grandmother is now officially my most hated villain ever to be quite frank. I'm SO SAD.
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
The big final arc is in full swing, and I find myself obsessively worrying about everyone.
Kristen
Well now I'm a big emotional mess!!! Why is this happening????
Aparajita
God i cannot believe that Honey and Mori graduated!
Mori challenges Honey to a battle because he has something to say to Honey and he will only say that if he wins.
In this book we are introdued to Honey and Mori's parents who are nothing like Honey and Mori.
Honey's father accuses Mori because he challenges Honey but Mori's father reminds him the number of things Mori has done for Honey and thy are epically funny!
When Mori challenged Honey i thought he had something very serious to say but the thi
Lauren
Haruhi is one of my favorite manga characters of all time. She is funny and strong even against a bushel of guys (strange kinds of guys by the way, but they are lovable too!) Even though all of the guys fit in their own individual stereotype that is exactly what makes the series as a whole so funny and enjoyable. The relationship between Haruhi and Tamaki is epic and I can tell you for a fact that I will be re-reading this series many times in the future!

I would really recommend watching the ani
Chelsea
The plot in this series seems to be getting really intense and I am looking forward to the next volume! The bonus chapter Haruhi's Mother and Father was really sweet. I also loved the bonus chapter Hitachiin Family Precept because it gave us another chance to see the twins when they were younger as well as some more insight into their family. I really enjoy reading about the Hitachiin family because they are all so fun and eccentric.
Kay
This latest installment in the series provides more character and plot development than some of the previous, although I'm still often confused about about a character's, well, character. The stereotypes and archetypes and world views differ a lot from my background and givens, so I often don't have any idea why A leads to B and then C. Still, this is one manga that has managed to keep me interested.
Lindsey
Ryouji and Kotoko are soooooooo cute!
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 23 (Fruits Basket, #23)
  • Dengeki Daisy, Vol. 4 (Dengeki Daisy, #4)
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 13
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 07 (Maid Sama! #7)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 25
Japanese: 葉鳥ビスコ

Bisco Hatori born August 30 is a Japanese manga artist. Bisco Hatori is a pseudonym; she states that the name has special meaning to her. She has worked for such magazines as LaLa. Her manga debut was A Moment of Romance in LaLa DX. Her first series was Millennium Snow. However, the comedy Ouran High School Host Club is her breakout hit.

More about Bisco Hatori...

Ouran High School Host Club (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 2 (Ouran High School Host Club, #2)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 3 (Ouran High School Host Club, #3)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 4 (Ouran High School Host Club, #4)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 5 (Ouran High School Host Club, #5)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 6 (Ouran High School Host Club, #6)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 7 (Ouran High School Host Club, #7)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 8 (Ouran High School Host Club, #8)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 9 (Ouran High School Host Club, #9)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 10 (Ouran High School Host Club, #10)
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1) Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 2 (Ouran High School Host Club, #2) Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 3 (Ouran High School Host Club, #3) Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 15 (Ouran High School Host Club, #15) Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 4 (Ouran High School Host Club, #4)

“You, your grandmother, the chairman----YOU'RE ALL ABUNCH OF FRIGGIN' IDIOTS!!!"

~Haruhi”