Start by marking “The Intimate Act of Choreography” as Want to Read:
The Intimate Act of Choreography

The Intimate Act of Choreography

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  4 reviews
A comprehensive book that covers all aspects of choreography from the most fundamental techniques to highly sophisticated artistic concerns. The Intimate Act of Choreography presents the what and how of choreography in a workable format that begins with basics- - time, space, force -- and moves on to the more complex issues faced by the intermediate and advanced choreograp ...more
Published June 30th 1982 by University of Pittsburgh Press (first published January 1st 1982)

To ask other readers questions about The Intimate Act of Choreography, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Intimate Act of Choreography

Leticia
I'm closing the chapter on this book. I started reading it faithfully, and came to (re)learn so much more about my dance. All of the things that apply to me as a writer also apply to me as a dancer. Except the observation is less about the whole picture, and more about certain parts: movement, texture, shape, space, mood, time. All about texture in movement, and texture in movement, and how the two are related.

As a bellydancer, it was extremely useful to me, in theory and philosophy. In practise
Tania Gee
I think this is the best book on choreography, not only for its ideas but also for its writing. Many other books are pretty dry reading material, this is always fascinating and insightful.
Kalise
Aug 06, 2008 Kalise is currently reading it
I am debating on using this for the choreography class I will be teaching, so far it seems pretty good!
Amy Danielson
Fabulous. A must read for any dancer, of any style!
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Vicky
Vicky marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Dexter/Persy
Dexter/Persy is currently reading it
Jan 24, 2015
Verthandi Bál
Verthandi Bál marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Teresa Conroy
Teresa Conroy marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Tamsin
Tamsin marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Gregorossos
Gregorossos marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Lily Eve
Lily Eve is currently reading it
Dec 19, 2014
Philip Catchpole
Philip Catchpole marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Martha
Martha marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
PJ
PJ marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Kelly Chase
Kelly Chase is currently reading it
Nov 03, 2014
Samantha Underwood
Samantha Underwood marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Shanika Jayasekara
Shanika Jayasekara marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Moment of Movement: Dance Improvisation. The Moment of Movement: Dance Improvisation The Moment Of Movement: Dance Improvisation