Start by marking “Ouran High Host Club, Volume 12” as Want to Read:
Ouran High Host Club, Volume 12

Ouran High Host Club, Volume 12 (Ouran High School Host Club #12)

4.54  ·  Rating Details ·  8,764 Ratings  ·  104 Reviews
For all his outward nonchalance and merciless belittling of Tamaki, Kyoya nevertheless goes on a secret mission to locate Tamaki's mother in France. But what he finds there, is confounding even the Host Club's most calculative mind. Back in Japan, the twins?feud rages on, culminating in Kaoru making the boldest declaration ever! Will Hikaru ever forgive him?! And what abou ...more
184 pages
Published July 22nd 2008 by Chuang Yi

To ask other readers questions about Ouran High Host Club, Volume 12, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ouran High Host Club, Volume 12

Karen
Mar 03, 2017 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 2017
this volume was so much for my heart!
I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH!!
Chelsea K.
Last episode marked a big change in the style of the Host Club comics. Gone are the cutesy little everyone-getting-alone, single episode plot lines. Instead, the plots are becoming deeper and more meaningful, and stretching out over a longer span. This episode had great development for Kyoya, the twins, and Haruhi especially.

Episode 52: 5/5
Kyoya begins to scour France for Tamaki's mother, simply out of the goodness of his heart and his affection for Tamaki. The twins are still fighting, and Haru
❅ (t.c) (hiatus: school)
WAAA THIS BOOK IS SO EMOTIONALLLL. KAROU YOU IDIOT. YOU SELFLESS BOY. UGH I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMOREEEE. THIS SIBLING LOVE IS TOO MUCHHHH. THIS is the best volume of them alll ahhhh.(view spoiler) ...more
Jan 08, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. I have to say I'm impressed. I remember when I began this series. I thought it was fun, but never anything that would hook me. That's been relatively true until the past couple of volumes. This one took it even further.

It is so nice to see the twins actually dealing with something serious like their relationship and their identities. This volume dealt mostly with their struggle to figure out how to live as individuals, but still brothers. Kaoru takes one for the team, but it seems to be the
Valentina
oh lord
Jennifer (FFT Reviews)
4 Stars

Poor Hunny and Mori having to deal with the twins' fight. And Kyoya continues his run at the ultimate best friend award.
Christina
May 21, 2014 Christina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hikaru and Kaoru's fight takes its toll on the two, and they both desperately are searching for ways to make the other happy. But who can say what Kaoru is doing is right? True, you can't be forever dependent on another for your whole life, but that doesn't mean you should deny your strong attachment to them.
Meanwhile in France, Kyoya is searching far and wide for Tamaki's mother, Anne-sophie (well, not too far, but he definitely isn't sleeping because of said search). But while Kyoya is secretl
Katie
Mar 08, 2014 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, completed
see full review @ Katie's Corner

Okay, let’s start with a confession. I rarely do it, but here it is essential. The truth is I should have written the review back in Dec 2015 or at least Jan 2016. Why? I finally finished reading it around that time, plus I had Millennium Snow scheduled to go in February (it’s by the same author) however, this and that happened and I just didn’t get to it.

Another truth is that I started the manga only after finishing the anime. And truthfully it would have been be
Keelah
The beginning of the end of the Host Club, indeed.

Every volume now is becoming my new favorite, ever since material beyond the anime started -- the anime basically cut right where the good, drama-filled, gritty stuff gets started. So it's a very, very nice surprise when reading the manga. Ouran 12 was all of Tamaki's darkness, grit, and real stuff. Everything we could ever want.

Gah. Favorite volume so far -- and favorite Tamaki X Haruhi moments so far.

I'm getting bittersweet already. I can feel
Lauren
May 03, 2013 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Haruhi is one of my favorite manga characters of all time. She is funny and strong even against a bushel of guys (strange kinds of guys by the way, but they are lovable too!) Even though all of the guys fit in their own individual stereotype that is exactly what makes the series as a whole so funny and enjoyable. The relationship between Haruhi and Tamaki is epic and I can tell you for a fact that I will be re-reading this series many times in the future!

I would really recommend watching the ani
Sesana
Mar 12, 2013 Sesana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
One of the best single volumes of the series, so far. This is fundamentally a silly manga, but the serious episodes are really well done. This volume is particularly serious, dealing with both the twins' issues with each other and how they interact with the world and Tamaki's absent mother. It seems like there's more serious episodes and less silly ones as the manga goes on, but I'm happy with that.
Cecilyn
A part made me teary eyed.... This volume is the beginning of the end of Host Club.... Hikaru and Kaoru's finding their own individuality yet still connected deeply to each other, Kyoya's effort of locating Tamaki's mother, Anne Sophie; Ann Sophie being self-reliant... This volume is more serious compared to the previous 11 volumes...
Starbubbles
Jul 22, 2009 Starbubbles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
i loved this book! kyoya was uncharacteristically nice in this one. that's perfectly fine with me, it was still great to read. i almost feel bad for hikaru. i think haruhi and hikaru would be cute together. but then i'm torn, i love tamaki and haruhi together too. it's just a great volume, and i can't wait for #13
Joy
Treasure
Things appear to be really picking up pace as the twins continue to fight and then ultimately resolve their issues about Haruhi and their independence from each other. Kyoya is working on reuniting Tamaki with his long lost mother in France, which could lead to Tamaki making so decisions about his career in the family business and his extremely difficult grandmother.
Patricia
Jun 15, 2009 Patricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely LOVED this volume. Perhaps the best one so far! The twins, Haruhi and Tamaki and what a good friend Kyoya is :] But it was terrible to read that "the beginning of the end of the host club". Damn it, Hatori-sensei! Don't let the host club end with them, let it continue even after the last volume of the series.
Dana
Jul 19, 2009 Dana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yet another really good volume. There’s even more drama with the twins. There’s some cute stuff with Haruhi and Tamaki that I liked even though I prefer her with Hikaru. Tamaki’s text to Kyoya was priceless.
Daisy
Sep 25, 2012 Daisy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
By far the best volume of the series so far. Absolutely loved the extensive character development here, especially with the Hitachiin brothers and Tamaki. Even shed a few tears as it was such an emotion driven volume. Definitely worth the read.
Rach
Jun 05, 2009 Rach rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The newest installment from one of my favorite manga series. I just love Haruhi and her relationships with these boys she's surrounded by. I want to just pick them up and stick them in my pocket, they are so cute. :)
Caroline
Sep 14, 2009 Caroline rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Less gimmicky events in this volume, and more development of the characters. It was good to see more growing of Hikaru and Kaoru, as well as Tamaki becoming less and less annoying. Unlike some of the previous volumes, this didn't feel like a whole bunch of silly jokes strung together.
Rena
Sep 09, 2013 Rena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, manga
I feel some realization coming on. These characters are so cute, but incredible idiotic. It provides for wonderful comedy, but will this ever reach a point where they aren't like this. I want the romance of this romantic comedy to start already. I still absolutely love this series though.
TinTin Kalaw
Apr 10, 2014 TinTin Kalaw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, manga, shoujo
This may have been the most touching volume yet! This sparks the individuality of the twins and the budding realizations of Haruhi towards her feelings for a certain someone ;)
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Whoops, forgot to add this to GR. Love this series. Love the characters. Need more.

Edited to add: This book counts as "a book made into or based on a TV show" for my 2015 Reading Challenge.
Eva Domínguez
Jul 04, 2016 Eva Domínguez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ay, Haruhi, qué lenta eres...
Laura (ローラ)
By far the best book in the series so far. Everyone seems to come to grips with their feelings, and even Haruhi starts changing from her non-complacent persona. Highly enjoyable.
Christina
Feb 17, 2013 Christina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This might have been my favorite volume, yet. More and more of the characters' backstories are emerging, as well as more layers of their personalities.

Loooooove....
Addie Madsen
Apr 09, 2014 Addie Madsen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one made me cry a little at the end, but it was a happy cry. Loving the series so much!
Rebecca Jane
Feb 09, 2015 Rebecca Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other
This one was so cute and so much happened!
Hana Eka
Jun 05, 2017 Hana Eka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AAAAAAAAA, dari sini sudah tidak membaca lagi.
Thanks Hanalala, dulu memperkenalkan cerita bagus ini :)))
Lindsey
Mar 23, 2017 Lindsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, romantic
This has to be my favortie volume so far. I'm really excited for the next one.

• Fruits Basket, Vol. 18
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 16 (Hana-Kimi, #16)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 20
Japanese: 葉鳥ビスコ

Bisco Hatori born August 30 is a Japanese manga artist. Bisco Hatori is a pseudonym; she states that the name has special meaning to her. She has worked for such magazines as LaLa. Her manga debut was A Moment of Romance in LaLa DX. Her first series was Millennium Snow. However, the comedy Ouran High School Host Club is her breakout hit.

More about Bisco Hatori...

Ouran High School Host Club (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 2 (Ouran High School Host Club, #2)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 3 (Ouran High School Host Club, #3)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 4 (Ouran High School Host Club, #4)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 5 (Ouran High School Host Club, #5)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 6 (Ouran High School Host Club, #6)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 7 (Ouran High School Host Club, #7)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 8 (Ouran High School Host Club, #8)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 9 (Ouran High School Host Club, #9)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 10 (Ouran High School Host Club, #10)

“IIf having people tell us apart is the first step towards independence, it's a simple thing. We just have to change the way we look on the outside. We should've done something like this sooner. We always blames other people for not being able to tell us apart...but maybe the reality is that we didn't put forth the effort so others could see the difference. If all we needed to do something as simple as this, I'm happy to do it. And if you want, Kaoru, I'm happy to have separate rooms too. But...nothing will ever change the fact that we are twins! I thought about it all night..and I remembered something Milord one said. Kaoru...you're wrong. It may be true that we can't continue on as we had before. Because if I'm dependent on you, nobody will take me seriously, least of all Haruhi. But to kill her emotions like this enforcer soaps to live separate lives isn't the only way to become independent, is it? Kaoru..we are twins. We share something very lucky and rare. It's called character. We may contradict ourselves but that's the way we are. Even the future, which most people alone face we face together. It's not a bad thing. From now on, we will influence each other and continue to grow individually.as long as we don't forget this or future will be many more times exciting that of most people. So we will remain close because if we don't do it be no point being born twins."
-Hikaru”