Start by marking “My Life Starring Mum” as Want to Read:
My Life Starring Mum

My Life Starring Mum

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  181 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Meet Hollywood Bliss Winterman (Holly to her friends). She's the daughter of mega pop-idol Kandhi - the unbelievably famous singer and tenth-richest woman in the world. From the outside, it might look like Holly has the perfect life, but being the average daughter of rock royalty is anything but blissful.

Holly's life is turned upside-down when Kandhi receives some threaten
Hardcover, 1st U.S. ed., 279 pages
Published May 16th 2006 by Bloomsbury Publishing (first published May 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about My Life Starring Mum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Life Starring Mum

Thoughtless by S.C. StephensBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireLove Unscripted by Tina ReberEffortless by S.C. StephensWhere She Went by Gayle Forman
I'm a Celebrity. Love me!
313th out of 578 books — 1,643 voters
Thoughtless by S.C. StephensEffortless by S.C. StephensLove Unscripted by Tina ReberBreathe by Abbi GlinesBackstage Pass by Olivia Cunning
Famous Characters
321st out of 375 books — 849 voters

More lists with this book...

Wisteriouswoman
A really stupid book that I kept reading hoping it would get better. It sounds like Holly lived in the US with her Dad for her early years but she doesn't have any American accent. She uses words like 'candy floss' instead of 'cotton candy'. Holly has a terrible narcissistic neglectful controlling mother. Holly puts up with being locked in a hotel room with guards patrolling the halls and never really rebels or tries to sneak out on her own until the very end. She doesn't care that she doesn't h ...more
Frezanda
Regardless of her name, Hollywood Bliss is a humble character. Pretty down to earth and well adjusted. Considering how her mom treated her, if I were Holly, I would throw a temper tantrum. It doesn't mean she's not hurt by her mom though. She really tried to please her mom and accept the fact of her mother's fame. Still even Holly had her limit. The most memorable scene from this book for me is when Holly saw her mother singing live. When she saw how her mother thrived in the adoration of the cr ...more
Lauren
I read this book about three years ago and then, it was one of my favourite books! I have reread it recently and it doesn't even come close to some of the books that I am reading now. I am in love with the Twilight saga and Sarah Dessen which I hate to say it, are way better than this book!
However I think that girls of the age of about 9+ would enjoy this book as it looks at the importance of a loving family and one girls longing for this. Even though she could have anything that she wanted, tha
Jessica
Imagine that you just want to fit in, have friends, have a pet, have a normal life. But, unfortunately, your mother is one of the top pop stars in the world. So, what with the paparazzi and the bodyguards and the hotels and the private schools, that's a little hard to achieve. Now, add to that a threat against your mother's life-- that may or may not be a publicity stunt-- and the fact that, in order to keep Mum looking and feeling young, no one can know that she has a teenage daughter.

Hilarious
Rita
2006. For adolescents, probably girls only.
Daughter of celebrity singer who doesn't really 'see' her daughter.
Some times it seems insightful and realistic and warm, other times hopelessly unrealistic.
I guess it wouldn't damage a child to read the book.
It speaks a lot about feelings though there is the sense that nothing is actually traumatic [maybe she is that well adjusted].
Darcey
This book is about a teen girl named Hollywood Bliss Winterman. Her superstar mom named Khandi, suddenly sends her off to Boarding School and then she takes her out of Boarding School and puts her in a fancy hotel in London and forgets she's even there. This book is great for anyone.
Natalie
This book was OK for me. It just got boring after a while because of the numberless probles that Hollywood and her mum had. I'm not into that kind of celebrity stuff.

I would not recommend this book to people like me who dont like cele stuff.
Natalie
I think this book is not very good. I didn't enjoy it at all because it just kept on going on for ever and ever about the problems of the Hollywood stars and their daughters - yawn. I wouldn't recommend it.
Deoro
No romance but but of celebrity. Coming of age story about a 13 year old girl whose mom is the most popular singer in the world. Very light; suitable for young readers.
Harsha
This isn't the kind of book I usually read .. It wasn't that great nor too bad ..

I expected a bit more romance but the book turned out to be childish
Sam
Aug 16, 2013 Sam rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: girls, middle school
A story about a girl caught up in her mom's life who is a very famous celebrity. She finds that her mom never has time for her, and is always left out.
Sofija
its kind of a child-sih read but it's still very fun to read!!! it's interesting how her mom acts and her personality. it's actually funny!
Alexis
I learned how important it is to be nice to your parents because sometimes they may not be there for you.
Maddi
I thought it was a good book but i was kind of slow. now claire v is reading it and she loves it.
Rachael Lewis
I WOULD LOVE TO BE HER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meaghan Mallia
i think it was good
Isabelle
flippen STUPID!
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Niria
Niria added it
Aug 01, 2015
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Leanne
Leanne added it
Jul 17, 2015
Seeta
Seeta marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Meagan
Meagan marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Ivy-Sue
Ivy-Sue marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Dasha
Dasha marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
What's The Name o...: SOLVED. Like a Meg Cabot. [s] 4 33 May 04, 2014 07:44PM
  • Grace Happens
  • Letters to Cathy
  • Better Off Famous?
  • Backstage Pass
  • Diamonds Are A Teen's Best Friend (The Living Blond trilogy Book 1)
  • Unplugged (A Portrait of a Rock Star)
  • Swapped by a Kiss
  • Road to Somewhere
  • Tempo Change
  • True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet
  • Hopeless Savages Volume 1
  • Indigo Blues
  • Nightstorm and the Grand Slam (Pony Club Secrets, #12)
  • Lily
  • Tone Deaf
  • You Don't Know Me
  • Beige
  • Mishaps
Hollywood Bliss - My Life So Far Mwah Mwah Drama Queen Love in Cyberia (Justine Duval, #3) Virtual Sexual Reality (Justine Duval, #2)