101 Things to Do with Ramen Noodles

101 Things to Do with Ramen Noodles

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Expand your ramen repertoire with an amazingly inventive and unique addition to the million-copy-selling ""101"" series:101 Things to do with Ramen Noodles.

Ramen is fast, easy, and filling, but what can be done to spruce it up and give it a whole new life?

How about recipes like:

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

Summer Garden Soup

Zucchini Salad

Creamy Beef and Broccoli Noodles

Ramen...more
Published April 4th 2005 by Gibbs Smith

Amanda
the noodles taset better plain.
Ginnie Grant
whoever wrote this effin garbage should be imprisoned forever and may god have mercy on their souls!
Bryan
This book had over 4 stars on Amazon and the Kindle edition was less than $4 but I can't recommend it. Of all the recipes in the book I think there was maybe 6 I would be willing to try. There is little description or background in this book. The recipe format is basic; a list of ingredients and simple instructions. There are almost no pictures in the book. In this digital age, cookbooks should show what the dishes should look like.
Crystal
The 101 Things to Do Cookbook Series makes a great gift for the beginning cook. Each one contains quick, easy and impressive dishes to make. Great step by step instructions, which is very helpful because there are no pictures. At the beginning are helpful hints, which is almost the best part of the cookbook.
I bought this book because Ramen is cheap. I thought hey, okay if I can get some cheap meals out of this once and while we'll be able to bring down our monthly grocery bill. WRONG. I tried about two recipes out of the book before my husband made me swear I wasn't going to cook from it anymore.
Bunny
Once I try one or two of these recipes, the star-score may go up. But just looking through the recipes, I can't help wondering, "Can that really taste good?"

But I do like ramen, and they're cheap and always in my cupboard. So why not try one or two of these?
Beth Klingler
Most of the recipes here do exactly what they're supposed to by spicing up food on a budget. There are however a couple that are downright nasty. But the nice thing is that you can substitute real pasta for ramen when you feel the need to class things up a bit.
Mckinley
Not traditional in the sense of a list of ingredients. Each recipe is only a few sentences. More like hey, I have all these packs of Ramen noodles what should I do to dress them up?
Kristen
I just don't like ramen noodles that much. :) I imagine that most of these recipes have a very high sodium level because of the seasoning packets from the ramen noodles.
Amber
Feb 19, 2009 Amber marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I came across a recipe for a Mexican Casserole from this book that looked really good. I am definintely going to have to check out what other ideas they have.
Tricia
Jan 17, 2012 Tricia rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: poor college students, lazy cooks
This had a few good suggestions, but not much variety. And there was a disgusting recipe that suggested using ranch as sauce for ramen noodles.
Stephanie
Aug 07, 2008 Stephanie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: po' peeps
Shelves: rereads
Ramen is what keeps us all together since most of us are beyond poor. The chicken lo-mein is pretty tasty.
Jan B
Mar 15, 2009 Jan B marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'm going to need this book like tomorrow. It's college all over again!
Patti
Wow. There wasn't one recipe in this book that I would consider trying.
Katie
Love the recipe for Chow Mein
Colin
Colin added it
Jul 24, 2014
Jvo
Jvo marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Alice Bliss
Alice Bliss marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Bonnie Cupples
Bonnie Cupples marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Patty Sandifer-Baskin
Patty Sandifer-Baskin marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Christopher Maxwell
Christopher Maxwell marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2: More Amazing Clones of Famous Dishes from America's Favorite Restaurant Chains
  • Kneadlessly Simple: Fabulous, Fuss-Free, No-Knead Breads
  • The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook: 250 No-Fail Recipes for Pilafs, Risottos, Polenta, Chilis, Soups, Porridges, Puddings, and More, from Start to Finish in Your Rice Cooker
  • Tyler Florence's Real Kitchen: An indespensible guide for anybody who likes to cook
  • The 30-Minute Vegan's Taste of the East: 150 Asian-inspired recipes--from soba noodles to summer rolls
  • Get Cooking: 150 Simple Recipes to Get You Started in the Kitchen
  • Cooking for Friends
  • Skinny Italian: Eat It and Enjoy It - Live La Bella Vita and Look Great, Too!
  • A Book of Mediterranean Food
  • Lidia Cooks from the Heart of Italy: A Feast of 175 Regional Recipes
  • The Naked Pint: An Unadulterated Guide to Craft Beer
  • Now Eat This!: 150 of America's Favorite Comfort Foods, All Under 350 Calories
  • Cook Yourself Thin: Skinny Meals You Can Make in Minutes
  • Mark Bittman's Kitchen Express: 404 Inspired Seasonal Dishes You Can Make in 20 Minutes or Less
  • Rachael Ray's Look + Cook
  • Bobby Flay's Throwdown!: More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network's Ultimate Cooking Challenge
  • Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet
  • 101 Things to Do with a Cake Mix
101 More Things to Do With Ramen Noodles 101 Things to Do with Mac & Cheese 101 Things to Do With a Blender 101 Things to Do With Eggs 101 Things to Do with Canned Biscuits 101 Things to Do with Canned Biscuits