Start by marking “He Is Talking to the Fat Lady ” as Want to Read:
He Is Talking to the Fat Lady

He Is Talking to the Fat Lady

In her first chapbook xTx holds nothing back, but if for one moment anyone thought this collection would drift from her candor explorations in prose and poetry they obviously haven't been paying attention to the words of this Southern California writer. As assumed xTx is not a birth name, and no one is really sure if this anonymity is to protect her or us.

*Note: Production
Chapbook , 1st , 26 pages
Published November 15th 2010 by Safety Third Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about He Is Talking to the Fat Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about He Is Talking to the Fat Lady

Ben Loory
Dec 03, 2010 Ben Loory rated it really liked it
if james ellroy and stephen king got together and beat the shit out of jeanette winterson, she might crawl home and bite a radioactive spider that would then become xTx.
Jordan
Dec 13, 2010 Jordan rated it really liked it
xTx might be one of the raccoons that haunts my trashcan—I'm equally scared and charmed. She's a responsibly unhinged internet writer, more direct than a firm spanking, and never afraid to be freaky or vulnerable.
He is Talking to the Fat Lady is full of words that drip with a raw and precious crude oil that is increasingly hard to find: voice. xTx's unique voice is slippery and dark and harmful if swallowed. I think she's learning to control it; the results thus far have been very impressive.
valerie
Dec 07, 2010 valerie rated it it was amazing
xTx. never disappoints.
Richard Thomas
Nov 16, 2010 Richard Thomas rated it it was amazing
Unafraid to go anywhere, anyplace. That's xTx. A compelling chapbook filled with humor, human waste, sex, pain, BBQ, things large and small. Never expected:

"You are big. Very big. So big with your girth. Your infinite waistline. Your head that hits the
sky. I cannot comprehend you as a whole, just pieces: fingers, knee, shirt sleeve.

I am tiny. Very tiny. So tiny with my shortness. My baby legs. My head skimming
undersides of coffee tables. You could put me into your mouth and I could live there."
Heather Foster
Mar 28, 2012 Heather Foster rated it it was amazing
Loved this! Strange, moving, funny, and dark. I suggest reading it in spurts. I read it over the course of a couple days, one piece at a time. It's like eating a bite of something delicious, and then giving your brain time to process the deliciousness before you take a bite of something else. I found myself re-reading this thing and getting more and more jealous, the ultimate compliment to any writer. xTx is amazing, and she's only just begun. Hold onto your f***ing hat.
Shannon Peil
Nov 16, 2010 Shannon Peil rated it it was amazing
xTx takes words and shoves them down your throat until this little pit in your stomach swallows the rest of your body and you disappear. When you're done reading the words all your parts grow back together and you think, "fuck."
Justin
Nov 24, 2012 Justin rated it really liked it
Brilliant and disturbing.
Marcus
Dec 23, 2012 Marcus rated it it was amazing
xtx YES! Want more!!! Immediately started reading again after I finished it. It's that kind of book.

Hear Mud Luscious/Nephew has a new book out. Will have to get it after Christmas.
Marcus Speh
Feb 12, 2011 Marcus Speh rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
excellent stories by a mysterious author. i liked "PARTS" from this book so much that i recorded it for xTx' guest post on Nothing To Flawnt. here is the recording of PARTS.
Amy
I didn't jump quickly enough to acquire the printed chapbook, but I took advantage of the .pdf and mp3 version opportunity.

P.S. - Which I subsequently lost in a computer crash.

And it's no longer available in either version. Waaaah...
xTx xTx
Nov 16, 2010 xTx xTx rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Tovah france
Tovah france rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2011
Jon Tucker
Jon Tucker rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2011
Stacey Teague
Stacey Teague rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2012
Tyler
Tyler rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2012
Tara
Tara rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2012
Fred Pelzer
Fred Pelzer rated it really liked it
May 17, 2013
Phoebe Glick
Phoebe Glick rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2013
Robert Vaughan
Robert Vaughan rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2016
Chris Vola
Chris Vola rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2013
Scott Mcclanahan
Scott Mcclanahan rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2011
Ofelia Hunt
Ofelia Hunt rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2011
Eric Beeny
Eric Beeny rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2011
P. H.
P. H. rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2011
s.d.
s.d. rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2010
Tres
Tres rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2013
Ethel Rohan
Ethel Rohan rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2010
Chad
Chad rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2012
Mel Bosworth
Mel Bosworth rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2010
Civil Mechanisms
Civil Mechanisms rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2013