Reaching Through Time: Three Novellas

Reaching Through Time: Three Novellas

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  232 ratings  ·  29 reviews
What's Happened to Me?
Sarah finds herself in a strange place, and she can recall only one thing—her name. A young man, Heath de Charon, explains to Sarah that he found her unconscious on the grounds of his family's estate and has been caring for her. Sarah is thankful, but when she starts hearing voices that whisper for her to come back, she is confused, and desperate to...more
Published August 9th 2011 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2011)

Evermore by Alyson NoelNorth of Beautiful by Justina ChenSelina Penaluna by Jan PageThis Lullaby by Sarah DessenThe Dark Divine by Bree Despain
Cover Couples
30th out of 703 books — 554 voters
Outlander by Diana GabaldonThe Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey NiffeneggerA Knight in Shining Armor by Jude DeverauxBeyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie MoningA Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
The Best Time-Travel Romance Novels
278th out of 479 books — 2,643 voters

More lists with this book...

Monica!
I want you all to know, friends, that I love Lurlene McDaniel. She will forever hold a treasured, angsty place in my heart from all the time I spent dwelling over the impending death of baby Alicia, the impending death of various attractive Amish youths, the impending death of Kathy, the impending death of Anne, Meghan and Sarah, the impending death of Jessica, and of Melinda, and of April and Mark, and of Lacey and, of course, the impending death of Luke. I even have a couple of my books autogr...more
Midnight Bloom
Out of the many novels Lurlene McDaniel has written, I had only read Heart to Heart before now. I practically cried the entire time I was reading it but I loved how McDaniel could easily evoke such deep emotions in no time at all. Keeping that in mind, I was looking forward to reading Reaching Through Time, hoping to find another story I could lose myself in right away.

I’m not always a huge fan of anthologies or novellas because I always seem to find that as soon as I finally get into the story,...more
Beth
I was prepared to accept mediocre science fiction from Lurlene McDaniel, but I was disappointed that the romance was fairly mediocre, too.
Mamers
Sep 20, 2011 Mamers marked it as did-not-finish
Yeah. She lost me at "intimate mounds" (pg 12).
Alana Massa
Three stories of time. The first one an eerie tale of a girl who doesn't know who she is or where she came from. By the time she realizes who she is it is almost too late. The second story of a boy born with a handicap comes across a strange place in which his watch and cell phone don't work. He doesn't know who is crazy himself or the professor he took a summer job with. He is falling in love with the professor's daughter but why won't she come down the mountain with him to see a movie? The las...more
Amy Lignor
Reluctant Ralph is a truly lovely story that children will absolutely get a kick out of reading; and parents will truly enjoy the laughter, fun, and valuable lessons that this book teaches. Not only is the story sweet and educational, but it is also based on two very real ospreys who arrive in North Carolina in the spring to hundreds of people who love to welcome them home. So, as readers get to know these beautiful creatures, they should keep in mind that this amazing ‘family’ DOES very much ex...more
Mimi
Not quite done this book yet, but Lurlene McDaniel never seems to disappoint me. This book includes three short stories which are not in the medical/life altering genre McDaniel usually contributes to. I have yet one more story to read and when I am finished this book, I will give my full thoughts on it. So far it is really thought provoking and tears have been shed, and my heart has reflected so much on focusing in the little things in life.

[EDIT:]
So I finally finished this book and I am full o...more
Abigail
Not a bad read, but vastly different from Lurlene McDaniel's usual offerings. I used to be a fan of hers in my teen years, so when I found this new one in the library I thought I'd give it a shot.

The first had a rather thin plot, within a few minutes of Heath's introduction I could already figure out what was going on and so could spot the tell-tale elements and know what the maze was for.

The second is less so, although the premise was predictable. Guy finds a mysterious place that no one else k...more
Gabriela Bobadilla
I really like this book because I like how it makes kids think.
Stephanie Lewis
Short but good

as always 's McDaniel delivers exceptional drama and intriguing character s and story lines in these 3 very different but still similar stories of love that crosses special boundaries
Angela (:
Aug 27, 2013 Angela (: marked it as dnf
They were all travelers through time, each of them bound to it, like it or not.

DNF at page 151.

Lurlene McDaniel is a great author and her books are (usually) realistic and inspiring. This one was not, unfortunately. Reaching Through Time is comprised of three novellas, and I barely made it through the first one. It was boring and unlike her other books. It was missing the emotion and pretty much everything else her best books had. I'm disappointed, to say the least.
Cecily Black
I really enjoyed this book, It is three novellas basically about a travel in time in some matter with a dash of love and a little sadness. I find Lurlene McDaniel's books are usually about tragic situations and coping with loss. These Novellas were no different but I did find the topics to be a bit lighter and didn't have me crying my eyes out by the end. Still good but not as emotional.
One of my favorite authors out there, and she is in no short demand of material.
Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)
While this isn't the usual Lurlene McDaniel style, they did all have some sort of health issue, but to me, maybe the novella status, they just weren't as emotional as usual. They all were different styles, but all dealing with time, one a historic type setting, another futuristic and another a collision of past and future.
I liked all the characters and the romances were sweet, it is just none of them stuck with me like her works usually do.
Christie Cote
Interesting set of short stories. Very different then other works by her. The stories were interesting. I personally liked the third story the best and wish there had been more to it. I was just left with a bittersweet ending without complete closure. In my opinion there were still questions of not knowing what happens after where she leaves us or the results of maura's actions.
Brittany
This was the first book I read for 2014 and it was just fantastic. I recommend this read for anyone who is looking for a nice short quick read. Three books into one; I read this in a few hours.
Cami
This book was ok, but I really didn't care for it much. It is a compendium of 3 stories: "What's Happened to Me?", "When the Clock Chimes", and "The Mysteries of Chance." The stories were a bit sad, and had sad endings. They were definitely written for teenagers, and were a bit boring to me.
Holly
While the stories were sweet and short, kind of sad. The better to have love and lost, than never to have loved at all rang true in these. I hate those kinds of stories. I don't like bittersweet, just sweet.

I did enjoy the last story the most though. It was heartfe
Dorel
I love Lurlene McDaniel books. This book's storyline wasn't as good as Ms. McDaniel storylines usually are. The storyline was boring. The characters was boring. It could have been more romantic. I will still read Ms. McDaniel books, this book just wasn't for me.
McKenna
A Good Book

This was a pretty good book. I thought the stories were a little cliche. Not one of my favorites by her, but she never disappoints!

Beth
This book is different from other books that Lurlene has written. It deals with different scenarios not exactly like the other books I've read by Lurlene. Still an amazing book but not what I expected. Definitely an interesting read though.
Kelli  C.
This was a great, quick read. Three novellas about "reaching through time". We are introduced to three sets of teens facing curious circumstances. Middle school girls will love yet another title by Lurlene McDaniel.
Bridget P
It was a very good book with interesting characters and events that took place. Im done with the whole book so if anyone wants to read it I will be returning it.
Angela Davidson
I liked this book, I've always enjoyed time travel. This book is a nice light read.
Brittany
I enjoyed this book. It was the same and different from her usual style.
Anissa
Decent book that entertained me on a long airplane flight.
Tweller83
SM
Deb
nice read
  • Planet Middle School
  • At the Edge (Psychic Triplet Trilogy, #1)
  • The Girl Behind the Glass
  • The Darlings in Love (The Darlings are Forever, #2)
  • Vanished
  • All the Earth, Thrown to the Sky
  • Beswitched
  • The Iron Queen (Daughters of Zeus, #3)
  • Bronxwood
  • Fetching
  • Dancing Home
  • Speak No Evil (Gifted, #6)
  • The Lost Songs
  • The Black Heart Crypt (Haunted Mystery #4)
  • Lovers And Newcomers
  • Letters to Leo
  • The Odd Woman
  • Tunnel Vision
Lurlene McDaniel (born c. 1948) is an author who has written over 50 young adult books. She is well known for writing about characters struggling with chronic and terminal illnesses, such as cancer, diabetes, and organ failure.

Other places to find her are...
More about Lurlene McDaniel...
Don't Die, My Love Six Months to Live (Dawn Rochelle, #1) Angels Watching Over Me (Angels Trilogy, #1) I'll Be Seeing You Telling Christina Goodbye