Start by marking “The Blades of the Rose Bundle: Warrior, Scoundrel, Rebel, & Stranger” as Want to Read:
The Blades of the Rose Bundle: Warrior, Scoundrel, Rebel, & Stranger

The Blades of the Rose Bundle: Warrior, Scoundrel, Rebel, & Stranger (The Blades of the Rose #1-4)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The Blades of the Rose BundleWarrior

To most people, the realm of magic is the stuff of nursery rhymes and dusty libraries. But for Capt. Gabriel Huntley, it's become quite real and quite dangerous. . .

In Hot Pursuit. . .

The vicious attack Capt. Gabriel Huntley witnesses in a dark alley sparks a chain of events that will take him to the ends of the Earth and beyond--where w
Published December 1st 2010 by Zebra Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Blades of the Rose Bundle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blades of the Rose Bundle

Melindeeloo
I have really loved reading Zoe Archer's Blades of the Rose. Her series is a wonderful combination of adventure and romance, sprinkled with a touch of magic and a bit of sex, set in gorgeous locales in a time gone by. The overarching theme involves the noble members of the Blades of the Rose finding love even as they fight to prevent the elitist Heirs of Albion who are intent on stealing magical artifacts and accumulating enough magical power to install England as the world's supreme power.

In W
Lesli
Warrior: Funny, fast paced, entertaining. More adventure than romance....think Romancing the Stone, sort of.

Scoundrel: A lot like the first book slightly different characters. Slightly different mission. You have to be 100% willing to suspend your disbelief for nearly all of this series. Still, it's a light, entertaining read.

Rebel: Just like the first two. If you have read one you have read the rest...but they are each worthy of a little bit of time.

Stranger: Last of the series. Good, but long.
I ended up sort of all over the place on these four books. I loathed Warrior, mostly enjoyed Scoundrel, was iffy on Rebel, and am not looking likely to finish Stranger.

I think what it comes down to in the end is that there are certain tropes I can't stand in my romances - they don't make the books bad per se, as they might work beautifully for another romance reader, but they bore me to tears. Regrettably, Zoe Archer's books are full of things that drive me crazy, for example: the overbearing l
Claire
Loved the series as a whole, and books 3 and 4 in particular. Rolicking good adventures, dashing heroes and ladies who can handle themselves in a dangerous situation. I rushed through all of these like a bag of tortilla chips.

Warrior: Good introduction to the world, the Blades and the Heirs. Vaginal Fantasy hnagout pick for September 2013 - yay, my birthday month! Very cinematic descriptions of the scenery and I could clearly picture in my head the places they were traveling and the people aroun
Mica P.
Having such a tough time making it through the 1st of the novels in this series/collection that I may never make it to the next one... Yes, I have said it - too much sex and lust in this book. And not particularly good or exciting sex. It's sooo boring!!!
Jamie Saphow (Wolfer)
So far, the first book is ok. The dialogue is, occasionally, overly contrived, which is a usual occurrence in these types of novels. It's a bit more graphic than I expected, but not too ridiculous.
Ok, so I 'm about half way through the last book. I don't think I can finish it. Although the writing of the world inside the book is really great, the character interactions are too saccharin and I think I'm done with it. Not a terrible book but not a great one either.
Francesca
This book (or set of books) had a really good premise and some sections that were extremely well written. I loved the setting, the concept but got completely overwhelmed by the sexual desire and overall 'gotta have him/her' to the point where I couldn't finish the book. I may some day, but right now, it's just too much near sex/actual sex to slog through.
Danielle
Someone I follow online described this series as Indiana Jones for Social Justice. . . and I wish it was. I think the romance aspects of the series ruined it for me (every book has a couple that gets together, with too detailed for my taste sex scenes). Especially since I wasn't expecting romance novels, which is basically what these are.
Julia
finished warrior... magic indiana jones sounded AMAZING sadly it was not...
Estara
Dec 11, 2010 Estara marked it as to-read
Shelves: ebook
I bought this as a regular ADE .epub at Books on Board.
Dara
Loved these books! So much fun to read!
Laura marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Liz
Liz is currently reading it
Dec 06, 2014
Christina M.
Christina M. marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Nickie
Nickie marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Marion
Marion added it
Oct 23, 2014
  • Warrior Enchanted (Sons of the Zodiac, #4)
  • Evernight (Darkest London, #5)
  • Faery Queen (Realm Immortal, #2)
  • Royal House of Shadows Box Set: Lord of the Vampires\Lord of Rage\Lord of the Wolfyn\Lord of the Abyss
  • Temptation  & Twilight (The Brethren Guardians, #3)
  • His Seduction (MacGruder Brothers, #5)
  • Mistress of Scandal (Greentree Sisters, #3)
  • A Forbidden Temptation (The Shields, #4)
  • Hot Pursuit (Sugarland Blue, #2)
  • His Dark Bond (Fallen, #2)
  • Here There Be Monsters (Iron Seas, #0.5)
  • My Lady Mage (Warriors of the Mist, #1)
  • Stolen Seduction (Stolen Series, #3)
  • The Warrior (Medieval Warriors Trilogy, #1)
  • Immortal Warrior (Immortal Brotherhood, #1)
Zoe Archer is an award-winning romance author who thinks there's nothing sexier than a man in tall boots and a waistcoat. As a child, she never dreamed about being the rescued princess, but wanted to kick butt right beside the hero. She now applies her master's degrees in Literature and Fiction to creating butt-kicking heroines and heroes in tall boots. She is the author of the acclaimed BLADES OF ...more
More about Zoe Archer...
Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1) Scoundrel (The Blades of the Rose, #2) Rebel (The Blades of the Rose, #3) Stranger (The Blades of the Rose, #4) Devil's Kiss (The Hellraisers, #1)