Start by marking “The History of Food” as Want to Read:
The History of Food

The History of Food

Aimed at the 9-12 age group, this examination of how inventions have effected lives throughout history is part of a series which also covers everyday life and transportation. Each volume features a bibliography, fun facts, timelines, further reading list, sidebars and website recommendations & historic and modern photographs.
Hardcover
Published September 1st 2005 by Twenty-First Century Books (CT)

To ask other readers questions about The History of Food, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The History of Food

Makengeleyannick makengele
Summary:
This story is about how people in the past storage or conserve food and inventions which helps them.Hundreds of years ago,sailors had to eat rotten food full of worms.A safe way to preserve meat,cheese and vegetables had not been invented yet.In the 1800s,children often died from drinking milk and before refrigerators were invented,people had big blocks of ice delivered to their houses to keep their food cold.Thus,by the time many inventions had changed the way we live.
For example,-Nic
Grace Park
Jul 28, 2008 Grace Park rated it liked it
The story of this book is about the history of food same as the title. What I could recognize from this book and the most interesting part of this book is the invention of canned food. Before I read this book, I usually thought canned food was very comfortable stuff to carry everywhere, however, I never thought about the reason why people tried to make this canned food. I have thought the process of making canned food has been so simple, but after I read the book, I knew people could acheive ...more
Jessica Burns
Apr 13, 2012 Jessica Burns rated it it was amazing
This was a fast book that covered inventions/ideas that radically changed how humans store and interact with food. The chapters included canning, refrigeration, supermarkets, and pasteurization.
Lauren
Mar 26, 2009 Lauren rated it liked it
I had to read it for the book report!!! UGHHH!
Smita
Smita rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Araminta
Araminta rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Susie Anderson-Bauer
Susie Anderson-Bauer rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2015
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2009
Madison
Madison marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2012
Lusine
Lusine marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2012
Jasia
Jasia marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2012
Peter
Peter marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2013
TCS
TCS added it
Sep 29, 2013
Jbondandrews
Jbondandrews marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Lois
Lois marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Andrea Perez
Andrea Perez marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Iris Kalka
Iris Kalka marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015