Start by marking “Jango (Noble Warriors Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Jango (Noble Warriors Trilogy, #2)

Jango (Noble Warriors Trilogy #2)

3.83  ·  Rating Details ·  1,001 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
In joining the warrior society of the Nomana, Seeker, Morning Star, and the Wildman have achieved everything they thought they desired. Yet, as hidden doubts develop, the three friends find themselves pulled in separate directions.

Seeker has gained more power in their training than he or anyone ever imagined, and with this, a new responsibility that isolates him from the o
Hardcover
Published December 31st 2006 by Egmont Books (UK) (first published January 1st 2006)

Elizabeth
The Noble Warriors haven't ever gripped me as good books. They're okay ... but not spectacular. I know several people who like them, though, so maybe I'm just missing something.
Mark Buxton
Jul 10, 2017 Mark Buxton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My name is Echo, and I must find a Noble Warrior to save our Glimmen. An invading tyrant captured me and has threatened to burn it down if I refuse to marry one of his disgusting sons. I'm forced to travel with the Jahan's army as villages are destroyed and the male peasants are murdered. The Jahan will slaughter everyone in the city of Radiance if the Radiant Leader refuses to kneel before him. I've heard the Nomana have great power and may be able to stop the Jahan's juggernaut. Unfortunately, ...more
Aelvana
Sep 03, 2015 Aelvana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seeker, Morning Star, and Wildman are in training to become Noble Warriors. They've achieved nearly everything they set out to do---and nothing is what they thought. For Seeker, the power of becoming a Noble Warrior comes with burdens, questions, responsibilities, and no way to know for sure if his path is the right one. For Morning Star, the unexpected revelation of her own heart seems a contradiction to continuing onward in her training. And for Wildman . . . living by the rules has never been ...more
Scotty Buthker
Jan 22, 2009 Scotty Buthker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jango is the sequal to the fantasy book Seeker, about three aspiring noble warriors. The Noble Warriors are a group dedicated to searving the "All and Only," and posess formidible power. After becoming a member of the Warriors in Seeker, the pact between Wildman, a former 'spiker' captain, and Seeker after Truth, the Protagonist, is broken. Wildman dives off a cliff, and is presumed dead. Seeker, after unlocking his latent power in training, is told that a traitor is among the Warriors. He is to ...more
Lucinda
Apr 18, 2013 Lucinda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An elegantly written action-adventure story which is deeply engrossing and utterly convincing.

As my first encounter with author William Nicholson (author of the Wind Singer & Firesong), I was greatly impressed by this spectacularly thrilling tale. I adore fast-paced adventure full of intense drama and exciting twists, hence I fell instantly in love with this book after reading the blurb. ‘Jango’ is the second book within the noble warriors trilogy and which beautifully blends fantasy fictio
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Carrie Spellman for TeensReadToo.com

FYI: This is Book 2 of THE NOBLE WARRIORS series, and therefore a sequel to SEEKER. If you don't want the end of SEEKER spoiled for you, STOP! If that's not a concern, I invite you back to Anacrea.

Seeker, Morning Star, and Wildman are with the Nomana, training to be Noble Warriors themselves. It's been nine months and they are about to face the most difficult test in their training so far. On their first day of the new lessons, Wildman does the un
Caitlin Mininger
Jul 07, 2013 Caitlin Mininger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: british-lit, fantasy
These books are an interesting mix of Star Wars and Avatar: the Last Airbender, with a touch of Game of Thrones thrown in for good measure. But for a series that claims on the book jacket to be about friendship, there isn't a whole lot of interaction between the friends. In truth, at least in Seeker and Jango it's been more about their separate journeys, which is fine, it just doesn't fulfill the claims of the book jacket. It seems that the only proof of the friendship between the three heroes i ...more
Rhys
Oct 23, 2010 Rhys rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review was originally posted on ThirstforFiction.com

Seeker, Morning Star and the Wildman are all learning how to serve the All and Only and be Noble Warriors. But soon a time will come when they have to decide whether they wish to continue serving the Nomana. Soon, an unstoppable force shall sweep across Radiance, and shall endanger event the strongest: the Nomana. Soon, Seeker shall be called to test the very limits of his strength.

William Nicholson has always had an ability to write touch
Madison
Nov 13, 2011 Madison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Noble Warriors are a group of people with extraordinary power, yet they use it only for the good of others and never for themselves. Seeker, Morning Star and Wildman are on the way to completion of their training. Soon they will be ready to fight among their brothers and sisters, the Noble Warriors. But they better hurry because there are enemies coming. When Seeker is given the greatest gift of all of them it seems that he will be the only one who can save the Noble Warriors and the people ...more
Tyler Carlson
I read the first novel when I was in high school; now I am a senior in college. I didn't expect to have the same "I love this book" reaction as I did with the first, but I also didn't expect to completely hate it. Even in my state of preparing myself to be let down, I was not truly prepared for how boring this novel was. There seemed to be little character development, and I found myself not caring for them as a result. I wish that Nicholson had devoted more time to the main three than delve int ...more
Ali M.
Jun 19, 2009 Ali M. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
William Nicholson has a knack for "middle stories" - I remember being equally invested in the second volume of his Wind on Fire trilogy. Perhaps it's the fact that all three characters step out from under the shadows of their archetypes here, whereas in the first volume, they were almost too easily cast - I don't know. I just know that I very much appreciate the rich themes and ideas Nicholson allows to breathe in his work. He never softens the impact of certain actions. His stories feel true. T ...more
Barbara Ell
This is the second book in the Noble Warrior Trilogy. I didn't think that anything would top the first (Seeker), but I really enjoyed this one just as much.

Seeker of the Truth, Morning Star, and Wildman are now novices as a Noble Warrior. All three feel undeserving for their training for different reasons. Soon all three sense their destiny.

The Nomana have a traitor amongst them, Radiant Leader is still seeking to destroy the Nom, a new warlord appears to take over the world. Can the Lost Child
Josh
Sep 07, 2011 Josh rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alright so I went into this book with high expectations. I did really enjoy the story but was let down a bit as well.

First of all I think it's awesome that Seeker has such great power now. Finally we're getting to the "Noble Warrior" part. I wish we would have gotten to "seen" a more complete view of his power however.

The part that does bother me is the title. With a title of "Jango" one would expect more in the story about Jango. I can guess where it's leading and am interested to see how it ge
Jayne
Apr 29, 2012 Jayne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Part 2 of the Noman trilogy has a typical unfinished quality.

Although the first book was called "Seeker", it was a good mix of Seeker, Morning Star and Wildman's story.
Jango is mostly about Seeker which was a little disappointing. Morning Star especially has been reduced to a love interest whereas in Seeker she was a somewhat feisty, self-sufficient interesting person.

I hope we get to read more about Wildman and Morning Star in the next book.
Mimi
May 07, 2009 Mimi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The writing was nice and some events were worth reading for the ideas, but I didn't like the plot in general, and the part about the Land Cloud was a little revolting and didn't involve much of the story. Maybe it's because I haven't read the first book. The author was a screenwriter, and as far as I know, the movies he's done usually contain fighting and no humor. It definitely showed in his writing.
After the first book, I expected more unity and adventures of the three characters together. Instead several new characters are introduced which confuses the story. Also, the mystical parts of the Nomana beliefs is not as imaginative. For instance, the trial that Seeker experiences locked in alone in a room could have been more creative.
Tara
It was an interesting follow up to the initial book of the series. The concepts and plot twists were interesting. It is well set up to get you to read the next in the series. The question of the quest for power and why people strive for it, as well as the people that are given powers that don't necessarily know what to do with it.
Alex
Jul 01, 2007 Alex rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book Two of the Noble Warrior series, sees the return of the main characters poised between two great armies intent on splitting up the land for their own end. Seeker for Truth discovers a new power and suddenly finds himself alone with the ability to take life. I enjoyed the newest character, Echo Kittle of the Glimmen. It really helps to have read the first book before you read this one.
Kit
Feb 05, 2008 Kit rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second book in a projected trilogy that started with Seeker, Jango revisits almost all of the characters in the first book (which is a great thing) and raises the stakes even higher. It's an epic struggle between good and evil, but with fully-formed characters who seem like real people, with all their goodness and their flaws. I can't wait for the third book to come out this summer!
Perry
Aug 30, 2008 Perry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book series! the writing is amazingly descriptive and they are just the right length! (not too long or too short but about six or seven hundred pages.) this is a amazing book series that I would recommend all fiction lovers.
Karin
Aug 19, 2007 Karin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, teen
second in trilogy, this one is very good, but a little confusing. the three characters from 'seeker' all start nomana training, but end up going separate ways. great climactic battle at end. will have to wait and see how author pulls it all together...
Symphogi
I dont remember much honestly but it was pretty good
Belle ♥
this was really not my type of book. I do not recommend it...
Zoe Stuart
Jan 21, 2009 Zoe Stuart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i read it for i book report book and i thought it was very interesting.
Phillip
An acceptable sequel, if dark
Kat
Sep 17, 2011 Kat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
More of a 3.5
Casey
Aug 12, 2010 Casey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everyone seems to go insane in this book. I much preferred the Seeker, the first of the Noble Warriors trilogy.
Alicia
Jun 01, 2014 Alicia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
So slow.
R Cloake
Jul 05, 2014 R Cloake rated it really liked it
Fast-paced and very enjoyable. As always for the middle book of a trilogy, it feels like something is missing - hopefully because things will be explained in the next book.
Kat
Jan 28, 2011 Kat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm currently loving it! This series is a good read.
  • Winter  (Witch Season, #3)
  • Maiden of the Wolf (Hallowmere, #4)
  • Fall  (Witch Season, #2)
  • Shapeshifter's Quest
  • The Cup of the World (Cup of the World, #1)
  • The Light of the Oracle (Healer and Seer, #3)
  • The Doomspell Trilogy
  • Beast
  • Genesis Alpha
  • Snow-Walker (The Snow Walker, #1-3)
  • Forging the Sword (The Farsala Trilogy, #3)
  • Dark Heart (The Seeker Chronicles, #2)
  • The Adventures of Milly-Molly-Mandy
  • Come Twilight (Saint-Germain, #13)
  • Magic's Child (Magic or Madness, #3)

William Nicholson was born in 1948, and grew up in Sussex and Gloucestershire. His plays for television include Shadowlands and Life Story , both of which won the BAFTA Best Television Drama award in their year; other award-winners were Sweet As You Are and The March . In 1
More about William Nicholson...

Noble Warriors Trilogy (3 books)
  • Seeker (Noble Warriors Trilogy, #1)
  • Noman (Noble Warriors Trilogy, #3)