Start by marking “An Unnatural Worth” as Want to Read:
An Unnatural Worth

An Unnatural Worth

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  584 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Genre: LGBT Vampire/Shifter Paranormal

Lexis had everything, beauty, grace and a powerful coven, but through a feat of arrogance, he loses it all. Even his sight and his freedom are taken from him. Imprisoned and humiliated by humans, Lexis sinks into a depression so thick that not even a chance at freedom is welcomed.

A headstrong werewolf, Bryce frees the broken vampire fr
Published (first published January 2008)

To ask other readers questions about An Unnatural Worth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Unnatural Worth

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
I really enjoyed this story. I've always loved books that involve disabled characters especially blind or deaf ones since you don't read many of those. This book is even rarer because you don't see many with blind vampires in them. At least, I only know of a few.

The fact Lexis is a blind vamp is one of the reasons I loved this story so much. Bryce, a bossy werewolf takes it upon himself to take care of Lex (even against his wishes). Bryce was pretty bossy but extremely hot in the way he handled
Veronica /  V
If you read this book to criticize, to find flaws, to check the editing, to complain about the sex, better give this book a miss.
But, if you are like me, easy to please, you love vampire and werewolf together, steamy sex scenes and overall you don't expect firework,this story is definitely for you, I like it a lot :)
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
I loved this story. Just about read it straight through, but sleep won out. This is a pretty fast-paced book with interesting characters. Bryce is the big sexy werewolf who, along with his friend Cheetah, an alchemist, break out of a research facility where they were being experimented on, taking the blind vampire, Lexis, with them.

Bryce takes it upon himself to look after Lex and to help acclimate him to freedom being blind. Unfortunately, Cheetah parts ways and heads off in another direction,
Karen K
Raji
Originally reviewed on http://ramblingsofmind.blogspot.com/2...

What do you get when you put a blind vampire and a werewolf together in one room? Why of course, you get a smashing love story! I had never seen books of this author get around but I ended up downloading this one as the summary looked interesting and captivating enough.

Bryce, a werewolf, Cheetah an alchemist have managed to escape a torture facility that experiments on them for "scientific reasons". With them they have dragged Lexis
Jane A
I reeeally liked this book! I have to say it was a bit on the short side (though perfect for now because I had to read this for a challenge and was already behind) and I felt that all happened in such a short amount of time or it just seemed that way. I was also a bit disappointed (view spoiler)

The good points of this book, however, made me forget the lesser ones, such as:

1) Characters with a disability are awesome. It'
Bea
I am torn. I liked the idea of this story, a captured blind vampire is saved by a werewolf and there is an instant attraction and friendship. The vampire begins to get his confidence back as well as falling in love with the noble and loyal Bryce.

Like I said in my update, this was more erotica than erotic romance. The sex scenes (numerous) were more explicit and rough rather than romantic.

I really liked the ending, in the big battle and could have wished the storyline to have been fleshed out now
Camilla
Hmm.. What to say, how to review..

This is a story about a blind Vamp and a Wolf..

Sounds promising enough, right?

And I guess it was. I mean its a cute love story, but make sure you're into animalistic sex though.. These two go at it, when Wolf-boy is exactly that.. a wolf..

I think this was my first story with sex in wolf form, or at least where its just one of the people thats a wolf.. And it was kinda weird reading about a tail being in the way of rimming.. But hey.. To each his own.. lol

If you
SheReadsALot
I really like this story. The sex scenes were hot, there was an actual plot. I liked both Lexis and Bryce. I liked how the author wrote with out much description of the main protagonists' looks until the end. I wished it was just a bit longer to go into more detail about the both characters' background. There are editing issues but it does not detract from the story.

P.S. I loved that Bryce was willing to give control to his partner to help him with his disability. A blind vampire, who'd have tho
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
An interesting story about a vampire and a werewolf. I thought the contrast between the two main characters was strong - with the alternating dominance. At first I was not too fond of Lex - unsure whether I was supposed to like him or pity him. His metamorphosis shifted me to the like category. I found this a very unusual story - sex in shifted form being something I haven't read a lot of. Pretty unique!
Ana
mah1
The basic idea for An Unnatural Worth was very good and on the whole both of the MCs were likeable and distinctive. However, I did have some problems with the writing, I found it confusing, but that could just be me, since English isn't my first language.

(view spoiler)

The emotional roller
Candice
Eh. I thought Bryce was a dick actually. I thought he was arrogant and not even a little bit fun. I wished Cheetah had a bigger role. He was fun :)

I did like Lexis, but I didn't get the whole feeding from someone else to show his independence.

I thought Lexis lost his sight months ago, but then later it said years. Years didn't make sense, actually. If it were years wouldn't he have been able to adapt more easily? I mean, he was still bumping into things and getting lost easily. If he had been b
Elizabetta
This starts off well enough... Bryce, a werewolf, and a Lex, a vampire, break out of a sinister facility that does experiments on their kind. From break out to road trip escape I had high hopes but aside from the unusual vamp/were attraction and Lex’s dependence on Bryce because of his disability, this story really didn’t do much for me. I’m not a fan of the writing style and the middle of the book bogged down into one sex scene after another. Ok, some of it was hot...what with the ‘rougher tong ...more
LdDurham
I enjoyed the way the author changed up the supernatural aspects by making the vampire blind. Using first-person POV was also interesting in that the reader is just as blind as he is.

Mya didn't hold back and, instead, let these guys be monsters. I really enjoyed that. She let the werewolf be big and furry. Yay! She let the vampire wallow in his fallen status and try to clothe himself in the tattered remains of his previous arrogance. Sweet! I get so tired of the perfect and gentle monsters and
Elisa Rolle
Lexis is a vampire kept captive in a lab. He was betrayed by his coven and blinded and soon after the Institute of Evolutionary Divergence found him and used him as a guinea pig. Lexis knows that there are other supernatural beings in the lab with him, but he has no reason, of force, to fight back.

Bryce takes the matter in hands. A strong werewolf, but with a big and good heart in him, he destroys the lab, and when Lexis shows no willingness to escape, he takes him. If Lexis doesn't want to figh
Gloria (censored by Goodreads)
*sigh* This got published? Honestly, if this were a story on Fanfiction.net I'd pass it up. Lexis is very whiny. I know we're supposed to feel sorry for him and his situation, but he doesn't even try. "Leave me" he tells Bryce despite the lab just about ready to burn down around his ears. He's blind and would rather burn to death than lift a single finger to help himself. I don't mind characters who are horrible traumatized, but they have to TRY to help themselves! He doesn't. And Bryce... hones ...more
Pam
An Unnatural Worth is a well written and fast paced story of love between two men separated by experience, culture and kind. Lexis is a cultured and educated vampire, while Bryce is a large, tender hearted and determined werewolf. Mya does an excellent job describing the growing relationship between these two dissimilar men, as fate and circumstances test their dedication and spirit, as well as their passion and commitment to each other.

The sexual encounters between Lexis and Bryce are hot, int
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
Paranormal...not always my thing. To be honest, I'd avoid it if I could. But un/lucky for me Shifters was called for bingo last week and I needed to pick something. In all honesty my reason for picking this book was length and sex in shifted form...yup, that's right I wanted that 'animal' sexin'!

The book/story confused me slightly and I wasn't sure if I loved it or hated it but I will say that it was intriguing and full of hott sex. I did enjoy the Vampire & Wolf relationship. The characters
Danielle
Lots of promise I just wanted the books to be on the sweeter side of the romance scale.
Ayanna
I rather liked this. It was rather clever and cleverly written.

Some things that annoyed me:
(view spoiler)
Illusion
I really liked the book
i think the concept for the blind vampire and protective werewolf is new and refreshing. Sine most people likes to just make them enemies.

Bryce is an adorable character, it was fun seeing him not hold back.
And as for Lexis, like what most said it's was interesting to have a blind vampire in a story.

I like how the story shows that no matter how nice and perfect we may see vampires as, their is still bound to be a bad apple somewhere.
Or in this story's case a bad basket of
Tamela
I liked the blurb, the vampire, blind and alone, being saved by a werewolf. I enjoyed the writing, the story, and the characters, even Cheetah, who was terribly annoyingly cheerful and an awful tease. The only thing that kept this from being added to "My Favorites" was that it was too short. I would have loved to hear more about Bryce and Lexis.
Omega696
Wasn't Bryce just an ideal man. I mean he was handsome, caring, loyal, giving, strong, smart... The list of his virtues doesn't seem to have an end. As for Lexis, he was a bit winny brat for the most part. But I still liked him. And I liked them together. Story told from the point of view of a blind person was also a nice touch.
S.L.
Pros: I really liked the idea of a blind vampire. It was original. Originality in vamp fiction is hard to come by.

Cons: I tell ya, the whole thing was rushed, the plot slap-dash, and there was a lot just not told. More 'WTF' feeling. It left me disappointed, actually.
Cliodhna
Liked the concept and the writing is fairly good but the story just doesn't go anywhere for so long. It rambles along with no direction until everything happens in the last 30 pages....just felt I would have enjoyed it more had it been paced differently.
Gina
DNF
Given't up at about 40%

I was quite into it, up until, (view spoiler)
Ashley
Overall ok but way too much description of wolfie hairy body parts during sex. Just the description of a fuzzy penis was enough to turn me off let alone any scrnes involving the licking of said fuzzy penis.
Meggie
Great story, great plot and good sexy romance between a werewolf Bryce and vampire, Lexis. Sure the plot was easy, but truly well written and we had good HEA at the end. It was worth re-reading it!
  • Blacque/Bleu (Arcada #3)
  • Bound By Blood (Soul Mates, #1)
  • Crying For The Moon
  • Soul Magic (Triad, #3)
  • Altered Heart
  • Lone
  • Forever Broken
  • Inheritance (Dominion #1)
  • Blood Of A Leo (Solomon's Pride #1)
  • Saving Valor (Fanged Love #1)
  • Liquid Crimson (Neo's Realm, #1)
  • Heartsong (Fae, #2)
  • Hunter's Moon (Moon, #2)
  • Saving Ciaran (Outcasts, #1)
  • With a Kiss
  • Just A Vampire (Tribal Bonds, #1)
  • Nick of Time (Preters, #2)
  • The Given & The Taken (Tooth and Claw, #1)
Obedience Training Thief of His Heart A Guardian's Desire The Alpha's Desire Embraced by the Sun