Start by marking “Keeper of the Way (Aftermath Cleaners #1)” as Want to Read:
Keeper of the Way (Aftermath Cleaners #1)

Keeper of the Way (Aftermath Cleaners #1)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  11 reviews
One man is a harbinger. The other a bad boy. She’s set to save their race. Too bad she has to die.

NiaMora, a magical crime scene cleaner, is destined to die tonight. Severin, a harbinger of death, has already arrived to bear witness. But he’ll defy his duty. He won’t stand by and watch, not when NiaMora may be the Fae’s last hope of survival.

Zan Wynn cares nothing for Seve
Published September 13th 2011 by Fan Fatale (first published June 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Keeper of the Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keeper of the Way

This book was Epicly Awesome.

So allow me to preface this with saying that I never write reviews. EVER. Not that I do not have opinions on what I read, but that I hardly ever feel the need to make my opinions known. This book warrants me taking the time to give my thoughts to words and structure, in the form of a review. Also I feel the need to explain that rarely do I enjoy a book of this length *Short

This book starts you right off into the lushly surreal universe that it is. The background, m
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: September 13, 2011 (Available Now!)
Publisher: Self-Published (Fan Fatale)
Imprint: N/A
Author’s Website:
My Source for This Book: Gift from the Author
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 1, Aftermath Cleaners
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Steamy

NiaMora is an Aftermath Cleaner. Joined by teammates Shoan and Kunai, they use their abilities to make certain that no evidence of t
Amazon lists this as 73 pages and goodreads as 87 pages. Either way, it is a short and sweet. I enjoyed getting to know NiaMora. I couldn’t tell who I was supposed to root for between Zan and Severin, but I was happy with the outcome.

It starts with the reader knowing that NiaMora is going to die. Both men seemed to be attracted to her. Zan, it seems has been watching her and even though I just finished it, I still don’t quite understand why he is doing that. Severin knows he is called to her to
David Disspain
I really enjoyed "Keeper of the Way".

Going into it, I really had no idea what it was about, so I wasn't expecting an urban magic fairy tale, and that was a good thing! It was a very pleasant surprise.

From start to finish it's very entertaining, and I had to force myself to put it down a couple of times to answer the phone or deal with something other distraction. But it was always easy to pick back up, and it stayed with me from reading session to reading session, and always remained clear on wh
The book started out great. I was really excited. It had the makings for a really good book. Nia'Mora is an elf with magic from the Amaranthine. She an extractor and also has an ability that is very human. The story mentions all kinds of mystical creatures, dragons, pixies, gargoyles, gryphons, basilisks and I mean just that mentions.
Once you start getting into a part of the story it switches and then the book is over. There is action and steamy romance but it all seemed very rushed.
Like others here, I enjoyed the book, got hooked right in and then whoosh it was over too quick. Shirin, now you can believe that we all will read your work, for hundreds and hundreds more pages--write a whole saga with these characters! in real print and make us pay the big bucks for them, like others in the urban fantasy genre...
Rosalind M
2.5 stars. A great idea, loved the non-western take on the fey races, but the plot felt thin compared to other urban fantasies I've devoured. Also, though some of the descriptions were intriguing, so much time was spent on them that they distracted from the pace of the storyline.
L.K. Rigel
I loved this book! I only wish it were longer. I read this book some time ago and just added it to my books. If you're looking for a quick (not too quick) read with a clever plot, great dialog, fun characters -- grab this book.

Heather Wildman
I enjoyed the story, but there was a lot of story crammed into a small space. The characters did intrigue me, and if Shirin expanded on this story, I'd definitely pick up any following stories.

I really liked this a great quick read, I'm looking forward to the next one!
Seven Dorton
Seven Dorton marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Beth marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Sherri Thompson
Sherri Thompson marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Lannette Wright
Lannette Wright marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
September Angel
September Angel marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Joel marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Coyora Dokusho
Coyora Dokusho marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Chesspalomino marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Christie marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Alanna Fowler
Alanna Fowler marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Carrie Bourgeois
Carrie Bourgeois marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
B.T. Jaybush
B.T. Jaybush marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Rob marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Monica marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Shirin Dubbin is often called a “chic geek,” and she likes the sound of it. Especially since she’s a closet wallflower (albeit one with a super-heroine styled alter ego). When not working in graphic design or hosting The Fantastic Forum—a celebration of comics & speculative fiction—she writes stories inspired by the art, literature, international cinema, and anime she grew up with.

In her own
More about Shirin Dubbin...
To the Fifth Power (Powers, #1) Chaos Tryst Dreams' Dark Kiss Dusk Takes Dawn Whipstitch *free read*