Frommer's Paris 2011

Frommer's Paris 2011

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Hundreds of color photos

Free pocket map inside, plus easy-to-read maps throughout

Exact prices, directions, opening hours, and other practical information

Candid reviews of hotels and restaurants, plus sights, shopping, and nightlife

Itineraries, walking tours, and trip-planning ideas

Insider tips from local expert authors
Published September 7th 2010 by Frommer's (first published January 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Frommer's Paris 2011, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frommer's Paris 2011

Steven Peterson
Between 1972 and 1983, I had the good fortune of visiting Paris four different times. Alas! Not once since then. So, I must confess that I often buy these tourist guides to renew my acquaintance--from afar--with the City of Lights. Personally, I have found Paris to be one of the most enchanting places that ever I have visited.

Frommer's is a dependable publisher of such guides. And this one surely does not disappoint. The first part of the book whets one's appetite, by summarizing some of the exp...more
Raelene
Admittedly, I used the 2007 version. Even though we were in Paris May-June 2010, I had been to Paris in Jauary 2007 and kept the guidebook. Despite outdated pricing (which after three years is only to be expected), nearly everything else was spot on. For our 4 weeks in Paris, this guide was the only one we considered essential. It has excellent street and metro guides, excellent history and info on sites/neighborhoods/historical influences/sites to see. Still - in 4 weeks, we weren't able to see...more
Anne
I read this to get ready for a brief trip to Paris. It is well organized for such a purpose, with suggestions of the most rewarding activities and destinations for short stays. The hotel, restaurant and shopping guides are actually very good for those of us on an ordinary professional's holiday budget. Students and millionaires will want a different book. The pull-out map is an excellent tool for studying the city's layout beforehand. The metro map is adequate for some purposes, but lacks full r...more
George
I found the maps in this book not very practical as there are separate maps for accommodations, attractions and restaurants. It would be better if these maps were combined. Also, the map of the subway system is incomplete.
Another thing I found missing: the Musée des Arts et Métiers, the oldest museum of Science and Technology in Europe and one of the most fascinating museums in Paris, is not even mentioned.
During my 11-day stay in Paris I ended up using mostly the Lonely Planet city guide, which...more
Carrie
I've tried lots of different guidebook series, but I always end up going back to Frommer's. Lonely Planet is a little more offbeat, but they don't include the same quality of information to help you actually plan in the listings. And Frommer's seems to be the only guidebook publisher that's really jumped on the Kindle, so Frommer's it is!
Lisa
This book was a very helpful guide while in the city of lights. Much better than the Time Out 2009 I picked up. I didn't use it for any of the hotels, but the restaurant information, plus all the info on sights and getting around was greatly appreciated. You do not disappoint Frommers!
Lisa
We used this as our only guidebook on our trip to Paris and it was excellent! Great advice and the maps - especially of the metro - were so helpful. We chose 2 restaurants it recommended and they were truly unforgettable. Excellent resource!!
Rosa Gaerlan
their discussion of the many Arrondissment was very helpful to me to determine which area we wanted to stay at. also a great discussion on the differences between staying in the East Bank or the West Bank.
Veronica
I have always been a big fan of Frommers'. They are super organized, easy to read and they do a great job of cross-referencing.
Dave Clark
This is a well-organized and well-informed guide of Paris. I suggest getting the latest copy before planning a trip to Paris.
Tia
Useful to read before the trip, but I wouldn't take it with me.
Daniel
Jan 17, 2008 Daniel rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all travelers
I used an earlier version several times seeing Paris.
Ellen
Most excellent!! Plot coming shortly. :-D
Spybeauty
Spybeauty marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Sarah added it
Jan 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Brando Unzipped: A Revisionist and Very Private Look at America's Greatest Actor Venus: A Novel Based on the Life of Anais Nin Merv Griffin Hollywood Babylon--It's Back Damn You, Scarlett O'Hara: The Private Lives of Vivien Leigh and Laurence Olivier