Start by marking “Insurrección (Reinos Olvidados: La Guerra de la Reina Araña, #2)” as Want to Read:
Insurrección (Reinos Olvidados: La Guerra de la Reina Araña, #2)

Insurrección (The War of the Spider Queen #2)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  4,242 ratings  ·  31 reviews
«Nadie ha captado tan bien el tono y la mentalidad de los drows. Muy pocos los comprenden tanto como Thomas Reid.»
R.A. Salvatore

Un grupo selecto de los aventureros drows más capacitados emprende un viaje por la traicionera Antípoda Oscura mientras los rodea el caos de la guerra. Su destino es la ciudad comercial de Ched Nasad, puerta de entrada a la poderosa Menzoberranzan
Hardcover, Primera Edición, 301 pages
Published March 8th 2004 by Timun Mas (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Insurrección, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Insurrección

Tony
Good book. Any book about the drow in Forgotten Realms is a good read. They are worse than the republicans.
Heather Carter
What can I say, other than I'm a -bit- of a drow fangirl, and to finally have the opportunity to read a series where a group of dark elves are, y'know... acting like drow, instead of centering on one goodie-two-shoes individual, made me squee with delight.
I loved the politicking and conniving done by, and general unpleasantness of, the characters in this whole series, to the point that I was more than willing to forgive a couple of plot holes and narrative errors, not to mention the sudden chang
Steven Cole
What fun! A quintet of characters from the depths of Menzobarranzan heads to Ches Nasad to find out the extent of Lolth's silence.

Reid did a great job describing the environment and the journey... The drow were as evil and scheming as ever, and the battles were well done.

I'm really enjoying this series!
Tiffany
This book grew on me. I still prefer Salavatore's original characters. I love the character Pharaun in here, he keeps the other drows on there toes.
Shelby
I very much liked this book. It was a well written addition to this series!
Tony
May 26, 2014 Tony rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Forgotten Realms readers and fans of Dark Elves and the Underdark
This second adventure in the mysterious underdark is a wrecking ball that keeps building momentum until the end. It brings us to the dark elf city of Ched Nasad where betrayal and deceit bubble way past the boiling point.

Overall, Reid does a favorable job of picking up where Byers Dissolution left off. After leaving Menzoberranzan, our characters from the first book quickly find themselves in one worse predicament after another, and the author never let's you come up for air. Reid moves at a fra
Jimmy
Lolth is vulnerable during this moment of weakness, as she undergoes her rebirth, for a millennium of power. A hand picked team, from the matron mother of Menzoberranzan, must travel through the Underdark to the trade city of Ched Nasad. The matron mother needs to know if Menzoberranzan is the only drow city being affected by Lolth’s silence, but Quenthel Baenre has her own agenda. The team run into Aliisza, an alu-fiend, part drow and part succubus, who is intensely interested in Pharaun. The c ...more
Jimmy
David
The pacing is faster in this book than the first one, but nevertheless it captures the feel of the characters introduced in the first book. Book 2 tells the tale of the main characters of the first book being picked for a investigative mission to a neighboring city and their adventures there. There's plenty of action and not much dull moments - of course, there is a tendency to go too quickly and as a result Thomas wrote less interactions between the characters than Richard did in the first book ...more
David Schwarm
When WotC finally starts making Movies this is going to be one of the total highlights. Great Characters, Amazing battle scenes, subtle intrigue resolved quickly, and moves the larger story along--this is the Empire Strikes Back of the War of the Spider Queen. Our heros are beaten, a city is destroyed, and grudges are resolved in the Drow way as we plunge further into the Underdarks current crisis.

I really enjoyed this read a lot--initially the abundance of characters was overwhelming, but in t
Frank Poe
I'm hooked on dark elves.
Michael Alan Grapin
The story continues...the goddess appears to have abandoned her faithful and a fellowship is assigned the task of traveling to another city in hopes of determining why. A priestess and her demon nephew, a mage and his closest friend -- a warrior who has become bored with teaching martial arts -- and a mercenary scout are all following a diplomat who has her own agenda. Magic and adventure in a dark realm that is in danger of total destruction. It's fast paced and action packed...and very enterta ...more
John
I wish the underdark that R. A. Salvatore created was not so interesting. The world of dark elves is captivating. It’s the setting that I enjoy. This is the second book of six set in RA’s creation and like the first it was not that good.
One thing that was annoying is that the characters are hard to keep track of. For the first half of the book I was confusing them. When you right a book with strange elfish names, be kind and help the reader keep them strait.
Another problem I had was Pharaun’s
Benjamin Spurlock
One problem that often arises in trilogies is that the second book is weaker than the first. Likewise, in works with multiple authors, we often see that the 'second fiddle' isn't as enjoyable as the first, due to being more constrained and not having the advantage of the initial positive response. Unfortunately for Mr. Reid, he doesn't quite manage to avoid this problem. To his credit, however, that's due primarily to how strong the first book was, and not as much a statement about his own talen ...more
In Insurrection a company of drow (including Pharaun and Quenthel) chosen by the Matron Mothers of Menzoberranzan try to determine the cause of Lolth's absence and whether it extends to other cities. However, there are others who would rather see them... disappear, and so their seemingly simple quest becomes a fight for their lives.

The book started off slow but picked up toward the middle, where it really began to engage me. It took a while to get to that point (and having to contiuously put t
Douglas Owen
The two books take place over one day. I'm afraid if I keep reading I'll find out all the books take place over the same day.

As an avid AD&Der from years gone by, I can say the magic thrown about by the elves would make any 20th level magic user cringe. Scrolls self-destruct after being read, so there are not really a lot of them. Inate magic is fine, but too much of it would be considered a Monty.

Sorry, even after quaffing a healing potion the character would still need to rest. Potions on
Nepule
Definitely a good read. A great series to try reading different authors in. Delves more into Drow society and the machinations and problems that can be created from a chaos based society.
Donald Reynolds
This book introduced a new dark elf city, Ched Nesad, the City of Shimmering Webs. I particularly liked the irony of its undoing. The Underdark continues to mesmorize me. We get a few more additions to the party trying to uncover the fate of Lloth, a few new demons, and duergar thrown into the fray. Pharaun, Ryld, and Valas are growing on me and Pharaun really steals the show. I loved the setup for the next story, and I can't wait to see where the chaos takes them next.
Robert Negut
What can I say about it? Though how come that wizard got so many spells to cast without resting is beyond me, this is a part of a D&D game in book form, just like most in "Forgotten Realms". Not a lot of literary value, but an easy read if you know what it's all about. Also, I guess it does help when all characters are supposed to be evil; none of their action can disappoint you.
The events are on a greater scale than in the first of this series, at least.
Scrivendreams
Second author, Thomas M. Reid continues with Insurrection.
I haven't finished this book as I grew tired of it, something that rarely has happened. The reasons it happened however is because it Draaaags, the fight scenes were better however, as were the detailing of the environment. On that scale, I did like it. But, I put it down before it was finished and am left wondering if i'll read the rest of them.
Michele
Non so se sia colpa delle traduzioni, ma la seconda parte di questa saga �� davvero illeggibile. Ho letto la prima parte con grande piacere, ma non sono riuscito a spezzare le 100 pagine. Il problema �� davvero lo stile di scrittura troppo approssimativo, non si capisce cosa succede, non si capisce dove si svolgono le azioni, neppure che aspetto hanno luoghi e personaggi. Terribile.
Zoltán Gecse
It was OK, nothing more.

The enjoyment factor of this book was better when I read first ~10 years ago. The heroes taking serious wounds, but survived everything. The betrayal of one them was also inevitable, but wasn't suprising.
Dorina
I loved this book. The challenge the characters are facing and how the characters are developing are so interesting. I couldn't put the book down. I can't wait to read the rest of the series to see where all of the characters end up.
Aaron
This second book of the series is much better than the first book. Felt a little long to me, but the end is all high-action and tension and page turning delight.

If you're a D&D fan, I recommend this book.
Brandt Anderson
War of the Spider Queen book 2 out of 6 and still no Drizzt references. I am impressed.
Leonard Marquez
great second book of this series. there was a lot of character development.
Nenangs
True colours will shown in the bleakest hours of need.
Tony Gross
great book!! looking forward to the rest of the series.
Steven Meissner
Sep 24, 2009 Steven Meissner marked it as started-but-back-to-the-shelf  ·  review of another edition
stupid library recall...
  • Condemnation (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #3)
  • Extinction (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #4)
  • Resurrection (Forgotten Realms:  War of the Spider Queen, #6)
  • Dissolution (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #1)
  • Annihilation (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #5)
  • Windwalker (Starlight & Shadows #3)
  • Prince of Lies (Forgotten Realms: Avatar, #4)
  • Blackstaff (Forgotten Realms: The Wizards, #1)
  • The Siege (Forgotten Realms: Return of the Archwizards, #2)
  • Elminster's Daughter (Forgotten Realms: Elminster, #5)
Thomas M. Reid grew up in Dallas, Texas as an enthusiastic Dungeons & Dragons player. He performed at Switzerland's Montreux Jazz Festival with his high school jazz band. After obtaining a degree in history at the University of Texas in 1989, he moved to Wisconsin and began working for TSR, Inc., a Dungeons & Dragons publisher, then moved on to be an editor for Dragon, a Dungeons & Dra ...more
More about Thomas M. Reid...
The Gossamer Plain (Forgotten Realms: The Empyrean Odyssey, #1) The Crystal Mountain (Forgotten Realms: The Empyrean Odyssey, #3) The Fractured Sky (Forgotten Realms: The Empyrean Odyssey, #2) The Sapphire Crescent (Forgotten Realms: The Scions of Arrabar, #1) The Ruby Guardian (Forgotten Realms: The Scions of Arrabar, #2)