Start by marking “Freedom Shift: 3 Choices to Reclaim America's Destiny” as Want to Read:
Freedom Shift: 3 Choices to Reclaim America's Destiny

Freedom Shift: 3 Choices to Reclaim America's Destiny

Americans who are so demonstrably willing to labor and sacrifice for the benefit of their posterity can only allow the destruction of the forms that protect our freedoms if they do not understand what freedom is, nor how to maintain it.

A FreedomShift is needed today; and to accomplish it, Oliver DeMille proposes The 3 Choices to Reclaim America’s Destiny.

Can it be possible
Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Freedom Shift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freedom Shift

May 08, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a great follow up to Oliver De Mille's last book "The Coming Aristocracy".

The Coming Aristocracy shows how we've departed from the true freedoms outlined for us by our founding documents, and then challenges us to learn more about freedom so we can better preserve it.

I appreciated what "Freedom Shift" had to say because it shows us what to DO about our loss of freedom in America today. Demille proposes that there are three major decisions that can be made by regular citizens today
Tim
Apr 03, 2012 Tim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All who desire to see the United States return to it's Constitutional roots
Recommended to Tim by: LIFE/Team
I would have likely given this five stars if I could better grasp some of the Author's terms. I'll likely read this again and again in the next several months, because I think this work is very important to regaining the freedoms we are rapidly losing.

These are Author Chris Brady's comments taken off the back cover:

"Oliver DeMille stands like a signpost pointing the way to a better, freer, saner society in keeping with our founding ideals. Regarding America's decline, many people are finally as
T.J. Allen
Sep 23, 2014 T.J. Allen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great history of our civilization and where it is headed and what we can do about it.
Janell Howard
Aug 12, 2015 Janell Howard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!
Brandon Perry
Mar 05, 2013 Brandon Perry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lot of great information in this book. First couple times I went through this I didn't get much out of the third section on Tribes. This time was very different. I really enjoyed what it was teaching about tribes or communities and the impact it has on families and future generations. I can also see the importance of great tribal communities for the future of freedom. It gave me a better idea on how I would like to raise a family and also how I should be for other families.
Dustin
Feb 10, 2011 Dustin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing book. I’ve always considered myself a ‘conservative’ but Oliver has debunked the rhetoric and helped me understand the importance of objectivity in ‘choosing political sides’. I’m a lot more tolerant of opinions that differ from my own as a direct result of reading FreedomShift. My motivation to make a great difference in my family, community, and nation is stronger than ever. My resolve to help make a ‘freedom shift’ happen has greater meaning to me and my family.
Stephen
Dec 09, 2010 Stephen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you want shallow opinions and simple answers, turn on talk radio. If you want depth and principles, turn to Oliver DeMille.

If you think one election creates change, then make a sign and march on Washington. But if you want to catalyze real and lasting change, read FreedomShift and apply its vital lessons. This is the real deal. And because it is, it’s not an easy read, nor is it easy to apply.

The question asked of every free citizen is this: Is it worth it?
Marc Page
Jan 13, 2012 Marc Page rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great time time read this book, an election year. FreedomShift is an amazing analysis of our culture and ends with a perceptive view on America's political parties.

Oliver DeMille pulls out, now obvious, conclusions about our society and the needed prescription for change. This goes beyond party politics (and to me appears to be an attempt to heal party divisions by understanding those divisions).

A must read.
Matt
Jan 18, 2011 Matt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the book! While lots of people see the problems facing the United States, this book draws on timeless principles and historical lessons to paint the way forward. Oliver offers practical advice for every individual and family to consider. This book offers the reader a sense of real hope for America's future without shying away from the realities we face. BRAVO!
Feb 26, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was such a paradigm shift for me in how I view the government and my role as a citizen. I always felt so helpless with just my vote. Now after reading FreedomShift I understood better what I can do personally to make this country a better place and this has given me a lot of hope.
David Garza
Nov 27, 2011 David Garza rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to David by: TEAM
Oliver DeMille is a true thought leader when it comes to strategizing what it will take to restore and maintain true freedom in a society. FreedomShift builds upon the foundation of his other writings in giving Americans the tools needed to fight for freedom.
Tanya
Sep 09, 2011 Tanya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always want the concrete "NOW what do I do" sort of stuff, and deMille NEVER gives you that. I suppose it is my conveyor belt side that wants the nice tidy list. I did love the book.
Brice
The first section is quite good, at least for me. It won't be valuable for everyone. The other two sections were simply blind speculations and will bore most people to death.
Dawn
Jan 28, 2014 Dawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good, thought-provoking ideas in this book. We all need to read it to understand our role in the freedom fight.
Soupie Shaw
Jul 23, 2012 Soupie Shaw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can Not wait to see Oliver DeMille this coming weekend at the Major Convention and get the new book 1913!!!
Tanya
Apr 24, 2012 Tanya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: political
Excellent book!!
Jean Jacques
Jean Jacques rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Leah
Leah is currently reading it
Sep 16, 2016
Jack Daniel
Jack Daniel marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Koen Van
Koen Van marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Linda Adler
Linda Adler marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Stephanie Wood
Stephanie Wood marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
Anwar Ramadi
Anwar Ramadi rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2016
Joyce
Joyce rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Pat G
Pat G marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Brian Mitchell
Brian Mitchell marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
AGNES
AGNES rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Praveen Bhandari
Praveen Bhandari marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Anthony Meals
Anthony Meals marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Kristin Higy
Kristin Higy marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
  • Voyage of a Viking
  • LeaderShift: A Call for Americans to Finally Stand Up and Lead
  • Leadership and Liberty
  • The Serving Leader: Five Powerful Actions That Will Transform Your Team, Your Business, and Your Community
  • The Compassionate Samurai: Being Extraordinary in an Ordinary World
  • The Ant and the Elephant: Leadership for the Self: A Parable and 5-Step Action Plan to Transform Workplace Performance
  • Toughen Up!
  • Already Compromised
  • Point Man: How a Man Can Lead His Family
  • Outstanding!: 47 Ways to Make Your Organization Exceptional
  • Bringing Out the Best in People: How to Enjoy Helping Others Excel
  • The Power of Four: Leadership Lessons of Crazy Horse
Oliver DeMille is the founder and former president of George Wythe University, a founding partner of The Center for Social Leadership, and the author of A Thomas Jefferson Education: Teaching a Generation of Leaders for the 21st Century.

As a university student, Oliver went on a search for a truly great education — experiencing private and public universities, technical and religious schools, corpo
More about Oliver DeMille...