Start by marking “Fit and Female: The Perfect Fitness and Nutrition Game Plan for Your Unique Body Type” as Want to Read:

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  6 reviews
No one understands what it means to be fit and female better than Geralyn Coopersmith. Her work has brought results to women nationwide.
-Carol Espel, MS, National Director of Group Fitness for Equinox Fitness Clubs

"Every woman should read Geralyn's book."
-Michael Boyle, author of Functional Training for Sports

"Coopersmith leads the reader to new levels of self-awareness an
Published August 1st 2006 by Wiley (first published July 21st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Fit and Female, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fit and Female

Rebecca
If you sat down with a really competent personal trainer and nutritionist, this is what she would tell you. There are no shortcuts, doodads or gimmicks. If you want to be healthy:

Build muscle to improve your metabolism
Sweat to burn calories
Eat less-- keep track of your calories
Eat better (you know what you're supposed to do, kids: veggies, fruit, whole grains, less fat, less sugar)
Eat mindfully-- savor each bite
And love and accept your body for what it is. If you are curvaceous, love it and get
Desiree
I've always known that I was a pear and an endomorph. No big surprise there. And I've read other books that tackle the subject of not comparing yourself to celebrities, and being a real woman (Real Gorgeous by Kaz Cooke for one). Still, this was an enjoyable read and makes some good points that I hadn't really come to on my own, such as that dieting actually causes weight gain by slowing your metabolism several hundred calories a day o_O... that's exacerbated by muscle loss in crash dieting whic ...more
Tejka
I enjoyed reading this book and felt that applying the information to my life will help me improve my eating habits and exercise routines. I really liked the part about loving your body first, it gave me motivation to set my goals for my body type and make this a long term success.
Skylar
Pretty basic knowledge. Like the idea of exercises varied by body type but really that weren't very different. Good read for someone looking to gain some basic fitness and health knowledge geared for women.
Jaclyn
didn't discuss much that I didn't already know. The exercises illustrated as arranged by body type might be useful.
A lot information and it has a fun quiz. I learned a lot about my body.
Fiona
Fiona marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Ayeshah
Ayeshah marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Deanna O'Keefe
Deanna O'Keefe marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Ruth
Ruth added it
Jan 06, 2014
Jteare
Jteare marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2013
Michelle
Michelle is currently reading it
Nov 19, 2013
Sandra
Sandra added it
Aug 26, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2013
Sadie
Sadie marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
Dee's Reading nook
Dee's Reading nook marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2013
Ashley Groves
Ashley Groves marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2013
Iris
Iris marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2013
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
May 14, 2013
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2013
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2013
Stephanie Sese
Stephanie Sese marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Fit and Female: The Perfect Fitness and Nutrition Game Plan for Your Unique Body Type Fit and Female: The Perfect Fitness and Nutrition Game Plan for Your Unique Body Type