Start by marking “His For The Holidays” as Want to Read:
His For The Holidays

His For The Holidays

Mistletoe at Midnight By LB Gregg

Owen McKenzie has traveled to Vermont to spend an old-fashioned Christmas with his family when he finds himself staying at the same inn as his first love. Owen is disconcerted to realize he's still attracted to Caleb Black but refuses to pursue him. Caleb left him once, and Owen's not going down that road again.

Caleb is ready for a second c
Published December 6th 2010 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about His For The Holidays, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His For The Holidays

Nick Pageant
Nov 16, 2014 Nick Pageant rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, holiday
BR with Mishy!

Nice collection of varied Christmas novellas. HO HO HO.
Susan
Nov 24, 2013 Susan rated it liked it

3.5 Stars

So, I never knew this anthology existed and I’m kinda floored at the pure muscle in this book! I mean, you’ve got 4 of the very best M/M writers around contributing and just thinking about diving in made me excited! Plus, I’m totes in the holiday spirit so ya kinda can’t go wrong…ermm…can you?

“MISTLETOE AT MIDNIGHT” BY LB GREGG (3.5 stars)

I adored this story. It’s a long, lost flame story about 2 boys who met and fell in first love in high school until one leaves suddenly and without wo
Bookwatcher
Very good anthology, but unfortunately I didn't like all 4 stories
I don't know if it's fair to give 5 stars to an anthology with 2 amazing stories, and another 2 that I have trouble to finish it.

So, an overview vote would be 3 stars, but I prefer to give 1 to 5 to each story too.

Mistletoe at Midnight, by LB Gregg

Main characters: Owen (narrator) and Caleb Black.
I had a huge problem reading this book...all the flashbacks.
I'm not complain about the fact that there is this past and present momen
KatieMc
Dec 09, 2014 KatieMc rated it liked it
Better than I expected. Two stories featured rekindling of old flames and the other two were new found love. Perfect holiday rom com fare.
Dina
Jan 19, 2011 Dina rated it really liked it
Recommended to Dina by: Eyre Monroe
This anthology contains four stories that take place during the holidays, but the only one that fully integrates the season into the plot is the third.

I had a problem deciding how to rate the book as a whole, because I loved one of the stories and disliked another. As usual, I did the math (added all the individual ratings and calculated the average rating) but that resulted in 3 1/2 stars. Should I round it up or down? Well, I decided to round it up because there was only one story I didn't lik
Ann
Jun 08, 2013 Ann rated it really liked it
Listening to . . .

Mistletoe at Midnight by LB Gregg, read by Max Bellmore - 3.5 stars
I love this lost and found Christmas love story. Pretty traditional stuff full of warm and fuzzy feels. This is the first time I've heard Max Bellmore and I liked him a lot.

Nine Lights Over Edinburgh by Harper Fox, read by Jack LeFleur - 3 stars
This reminded me of a Jo Nesbo story with the addition of the MM romance of course. I absolutely love Jo Nesbo's work and the mood in this one was similar but not quite
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
First Story: Mistletoe at midnight by L.B Gregg 3.5 stars, was cute but the numerous and random flashbacks got boring and didn't add to the story, they got confusing and made me disengage from the story.

Second Story: Nine Lights Over Edinburgh by Harper; could not finish, never got into the story

Third Story: I heard him Exclaim by Z. A. Maxfield 5 stars. I loved the characters and their development. I loved Poptart the very adorable 5 year old girl. A great holiday story so cute with a very ha
Breann
Mistletoe at Midnight by LB Gregg 4♥s

This was cute, sexy and just fun. All of the things that LB Gregg does best made this quite an entertaining little holiday read.

Owen and Caleb get a second chance after being apart since high school. They end up reuniting when Owen is spending the holiday with his family. Because of the whole fam being there, crazy shenanigans ensue.

The side-characters were memorable and fun, the dialogue was funny and the romance was sweet. It really was just a nice, feel-
Susan
Sep 28, 2016 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas, mm
Didn’t really like most of the stories, although the first one was quite good. So 3 stars it is.

description

Leanne
These were sooo good in a comfort read, everything-will-be-all-right-cause-great-stories-will-always-be-awesome way. It made the events of the past week, my tentative move to BookLikes, and the resulting malaise ease a little. I listened to the four stories while crocheting charity teddy bears(badly! poor kids!), doing spring cleaning around the house and trying to revive a garden overtaken by winter weeds and snails (I've been on school vacation) and I thoroughly enjoyed every. single. one.

Good
Chris
Nov 15, 2010 Chris rated it it was amazing
Excellent collection of four m/m holiday romances. From LB Gregg's trademark madcap romp to Harper Fox's angst-filled tale of a detective inspector possibly beyond redemption, each story shines. Highly recommended and very satisfying read.
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Nov 15, 2010 Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* rated it really liked it
Recommended to Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* by: Shanna
Mistletoe at Midnight by L.B. Gregg - 4 stars - My review

This was a great, humorous story about lost love and second chances. Both main characters and secondary characters were amusing with a plot that is very entertaining. The only fault this story had was the flashbacks were a bit annoying. With each start of a flashback it didn't seem to fit with the story.

Nine Lights Over Edinburgh by Harper Fox - 3 stars - My review

This story starts off very rocky and is extremely dark. I wouldn't really co
Camilla
Dec 19, 2010 Camilla rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I bought this book, because I've read the blurp for one of the 4 short stories in it and wanted to read it, and thought with the titel, and it being Christmas, that what the hell.. Let me have all of them and give it a go..

And thank God for that! Such 4 very different stories, but all charming in their own way and full of love in all shapes and sizes..

Anywho..

I wrote a review for each short story as I read them, so I'll just post them here:

1. Mistletoe at Midnight By LB Gregg (4 stars * * * *)

W
Lily
This anthology contains four stories all centered around finding love during the Christmas holiday. The stories share the Christmas theme but are quite different one from the other and all are very well written.

In Mistletoe at Midnight by L.B. Gregg we meet former high school sweethearts Owen and Caleb. When Owen walks into the inn where he's spending Christmas with his family he's shocked to see Caleb, the man who'd broken his heart fifteen years earlier. A fun but interfering family, an ex une
Lightreads
Mar 24, 2011 Lightreads rated it liked it
M/M romance, rated for enjoyment, not quality. Oh, and the “Holidays” in the title is there for alliteration, not multiculturalism. It’s more like His for Christmas Except Also There’s That One Jewish Guy. In no particular order:

ZA Maxfield, “I Heard Him Exclaim.” Schmaltz, and boy howdy. A mindlessly enjoyable story about two men finding each other, punctuated by some terrible writing. Seriously, check this out: “Chandler inched his way forward again, angling to either hit Steve’s sweet spot or
Heather
Jan 24, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt-romance
I’ve never been a big fan of the holiday story, but these titles (while set at Christmas-time) really weren’t about the holidays. These stories, while technically m/m romance, offer a lot more of a novel feel, and “Nine Lights Over Edinburgh” kept me at the edge of my seat. The characters were mysterious, and far from perfect – and I loved that. “Mistletoe at Midnight” was my favorite title in the series; I really enjoyed Owen and Caleb, and Owen’s family cracked me up. I liked that Owen’s last ...more
orannia
Dec 22, 2010 orannia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Heather C
Dec 14, 2011 Heather C marked it as to-be-continued

Nine Lights Over Edinburgh by Harper Fox

I Heard Him Exclaim by Z.A. Maxfield ★★★★☆
Cute story!! It started off a little slow but I really enjoyed it. There was a lot of "cheek flushing" and "blushing" so that got a little annoying. The "Poptart" was cute even though I usually do not like children in the stories I read. I still don't understand why this title was chosen and I could never remember it, so this story will always be Skinny Santa in my memory.
Recommend
Kaje Harper
Jan 31, 2012 Kaje Harper rated it really liked it
Four well-written, different and heart-warming holiday stories from four of the top authors in the genre. Harper Fox's entry was darker than the rest, but solidly happy in its ending. Great characters are the order of the day here. The fact that there are even better stories out there by all these authors is a measure of how good these writers are, not a critique of this collection. (Do be aware that these stories are also available individually. I owned one already, but the collection was still ...more
Elle Beasee

LB Gregg - 3.5 stars
Harper Fox - 4 stars
Z.A Maxfield - 2.5 stars
Josh Lanyon - 4.5 stars

Props to Harper Fox, LB Gregg and Josh Lanyon for melting my insides with the cuteness in these stories (yet at the same touching, heartfelt, a little sad). Unfortunately Maxfield's dragged on a little too much for my liking but, all in all, a superb Christmas feel-good anthology :)
Tamara (Nanny Ogg)
3.5 rounded up

Mistletoe at Midnight By LB Gregg ★★★★
Nine Lights Over Edinburgh By Harper Fox ★★★
I Heard Him Exclaim By Z.A. Maxfield ★★★
Icecapade By Josh Lanyon ★★★★
Shelby
Overall a fabulous 4.5 star holiday series of shorts. I really enjoyed this book bunches. I can see myself re-reading a number of these stories for the holidays every year.

Mistletoe at Midnight by L.B. Gregg ★★★★★

Adorably sweet Christmas happiness! This is a perfect short story to me. I loved both characters! Lost love found again, wonderful!

Owen McKenzie is on his way to his new home in snowy cold Vermont where he’s soon to start his new job as the town vet. He’s bought a house and everything.
Janna
Dec 07, 2010 Janna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
This was a fabulous anthology with four Christmas themed stories from four great authors. As a collection I would rate it with 5 stars, because each of the separate stories is worth the buy. Here's my take on each of them.

Mistletoe at Midnight
LB Gregg

5 out of 5 stars

This is a perfect holiday story! It has a fabulous love couple, some sort of Christmas miracle, an intriguing narrator's voice, this author's distinctive humor and an engaging plot.
Owen is the narrator of the story. He is a vet and
Julie
Nov 29, 2010 Julie rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
This review is a little awkward to copy and paste from my blog... I did it anyways but I hope it's not too strange. lol You can always come see it here: http://yummymenandkickasschicks.com/?...

For the anthologies that I’m reviewing this week, I’m going to try something new. Since the stories were short, I’m going to mimic them and do short little reviews. I know right?! What a concept. :)

From Goodreads
Owen McKenzie has traveled to Vermont to spend an old-fashione
Mandi Schreiner
Nov 24, 2010 Mandi Schreiner rated it it was amazing
Mistletoe at Midnight by LB Gregg

Owen has bought a house and a veterinary practice in upstate Vermont. With his house not quite ready to move in, he meets his family at an Inn for a week of Christmas celebration. Although is mother loves to play matchmaker, to everyone’s surprise his first love, his high school crush, Owen Black is also at the Inn. Having not seen each other for fifteen years, there is definitely some awkward moments. But as they are forced to spend time together in these close
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
This is a quality anthology. If you’ve never read something from one or all of these authors, it’s a good introduction. If you’ve read something by all of them, then you won’t be disappointed by what you find in here. I rated each story on its own.

Mistletoe at Midnight: The setting, the characters, the dialogue, the believability are all here with this one. Before Owen (he’s meeting his family at an inn in Vermont to celebrate Christmas) and Caleb (I won’t even tell you) have their first conver
Kassa
Jan 03, 2011 Kassa rated it liked it

His for the Holidays is a four story anthology from Carina Press. I’m going to review each story more in depth on their individual pages and review the anthology as a whole here. As an entire anthology to be read in one sitting, I found the stories unequal. I didn’t enjoy all of them and the longest story was actually my least favorite. All four are amusing and interesting enough to read, there were no DNFs in the bunch, and each one is well written. There are a few editing mistakes but
Elizabetta
LB Gregg/Mistletoe at Midnight by LB Gregg
5+ stars

Oh, how lovely it would be to get away to Evergreen Inn, the sprawling B&B farmhouse in a snow encrusted Vermont pine forest straight out of a Currier & Ives picture. LB Gregg paints such a picture perfect setting that pulls you in from the start, you can feel the crunch of fresh snow underfoot and smell the piney boughs.

Owen McKenzie’s family has decided to gather at Evergreen for the Christmas holiday as it’s in Owen’s new backyard. He
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
4.5 stars.

Mistletoe at Midnight by LB Gregg, 4 stars.

A sweet story, full of humor. The main characters are cute, but I think Owen's family was a protagonist by itself, especially the mother. The flashbacks were not really confusing, but somewhat inconsistent and they happened randomly, so I felt dragged out of the story sometimes, but I liked the author's writing and this story made me want to read something else by LB Gregg. I really liked Owen, I could totally relate to him, because I'm a bit
Fani *loves angst*
Well, this is my first m-m book and I have to say, it's so much more than I expected from the genre. I especially loved the fact that most stories seem to emphasize the emotional rather than the sexual part of the heroes' relationship.

Mistletoe at Midnight - 4.5 stars
A sweet and tender but sometimes funny story about two men who started a relationship as teens, only to meet again unexpectendly 17 years later. The whole family of one of the heroes is in attendance at this rustic lodge, trying to
  • Mistletoe at Midnight
  • Christmas Delights
  • Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Four
  • Making His List
  • Irregulars
Editorial Director of Carina Press, Harlequin's digital-first imprint, and veteran of the digital publishing industry, Angela James is a long-time advocate for digital publishing. She has enjoyed nearly a decade of experience in digital publishing, including successfully launching, building and serving as executive editor for two digital-first presses. Angela frequently travels to regional, nation ...more
More about Angela James...