Start by marking “From Here to Maternity” as Want to Read:
From Here to Maternity

From Here to Maternity

3.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  70 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Sydney marketing exec Sophie presumed "making sacrifices for your children" meant giving up Bloody Marys and champagne for nine months. When she thought about it, that is.... But then two blue lines appear on her pregnancy test. How does a baby fit in with a hectic job, a chaotic social life, and the absence of Max, the Y chromosome in the equation, who has moved to San Fr ...more
Published May 2004 by Thomas Dunne Books (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about From Here to Maternity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Here to Maternity

Rebecca
Jun 25, 2011 Rebecca rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
Yay, an Australian book! Chicklit in Australia is so few and far between. And now that I am here, I can like actually sort of picture where everything is. There really needs to be more of it. (Well, the story I am sort of writing takes place partly in Aus, so who knows!!!) Anyway, Girl gets knocked up by her longtime boyfriend but he doesn't want kids, so they break up and he goes to America to work. She gets support from her group of friends, but doesn't really want to go back to work after she ...more
Ellenjsmellen
Feb 27, 2009 Ellenjsmellen rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, chick-lit
This book was cute, but ok. When Sophie and her boyfriend break up because he's moving to San Francisco from Australia & isn't ready to commit, she finds out that she's pregnant. In the meanwhile, she has a baby and her good friend talks her into making baby books to sell through department stores. It doesn't talk about how she's surviving on her own without a job. Maybe Australia gives a year's maternity pay. Who knows, plus she comes up with the money for a baby book venture.
Bree
Feb 05, 2008 Bree rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, 2000-2005
This book was pretty good...I was expecting something totally different though. I thought it would be a funny book about being pregnant (ie "maternity"), but it completely skipped that part (with a flashback scene to the birth later) and was more about her life with a baby. Which was OK, just not what I expected. Anyway, I liked the characters in the book, and saw a lot of things coming way before they happened, though there were quite a few surprises. Anyway, a pretty good read.
Michelle
Mar 07, 2012 Michelle rated it liked it
A good book to tear through (I finished it in just 3 days) when you want a break from heavier reading. I thoroughly enjoyed the fresh and often humorous plot and appreciated the fact that it was fast paced and never seemed to hit an uneventful lull.
All in all a great 'chick lit' read about motherhood, friendship, business, relationships and the unconventional way we see them all now.
Michelle
May 03, 2012 Michelle rated it liked it
I just finished this book. It took two 1 1/2 days. It's a comedy about a single woman who just got out iof a two year relationship just to find out she is pregnant. Her ex has moved to San Francisco (she in Sydney) and wants no relationship or baby. She is doing it all on her own with a lil help from her friends. Easy good read.
Flora
These days, all I ask for in a chick book is that it end happily, not be lame or poorly written. The happiness of the ending is not fully settled, and of course there's some suspension of disbelief here and there, but overall, this clears the bar.
Suzanne
Jan 26, 2010 Suzanne rated it liked it
Set in Australia the story had many interesting background notes. The characters were a little superficial and the writing stilted. It was entertaining and somewhat humerous.
Charity
Jun 13, 2007 Charity rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit, mommy-stuff
Interesting book, but I got a little caught up with the Australian dialects and spellings. Ending wasn't what I thought it could have been.
Christy
Jul 31, 2009 Christy rated it it was amazing
I read this last month, it's hilarious. I recommend it for any expectant moms, single moms or new moms.
Aug 19, 2008 Jennifer rated it liked it
This reminded me a lot of the Bridget Jones books. It was easy to read and funny.
Shelly
Aug 21, 2008 Shelly added it
easy, fun read. the ending seemed kind of rushed, but other than that, a good girl read.
Jill Wall
amusing
Sushma
Nov 21, 2008 Sushma rated it it was ok
Time pass
Kritt
Kritt marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Carissa
Carissa rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Patti
Patti rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Monica
Monica rated it did not like it
Apr 08, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2015
Makelovenotrawrr
Makelovenotrawrr rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2014
Joyce Klipsch farrow
Joyce Klipsch farrow rated it it was ok
Aug 05, 2014
Elaine
Elaine rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2014
Jhannas
Jhannas rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2014
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Julie
Julie rated it it was ok
Feb 12, 2014
Shawna
Shawna added it
Jan 01, 2014
Pam Macleod
Pam Macleod rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2015
Wendy Weinfurter
Wendy Weinfurter rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2013