Start by marking “A Deadly Judgement (Murder, She Wrote, #6)” as Want to Read:
A Deadly Judgement (Murder, She Wrote, #6)

A Deadly Judgement (Murder, She Wrote #6)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  301 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Helping her lawyer friend, Malcolm McLoon, defend a tycoon who has been accused of fratricide, Jessica Fletcher finds more trouble than she bargained for when the defendant's girlfriend--and only alibi--is also murdered.
Published April 1st 1996 by Penguin Group US

To ask other readers questions about A Deadly Judgement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Deadly Judgement

Tim
Really liked the mystery until the very last moment (won't give it away)...but there were many ways that a certain someone could have heard a certain fact & it throws the whole structure of the tale out of whack...what happened which I won't tell you.

I DID listen to this on audio and the reader was just plain awful. From "J D Fletcher" to "Seth Hathlett" and several instances in which I know she read things backwards (can't believe the producer didn't catch it and make her do it over). Also
Bruce
The Murder, She Wrote book series is based on the characters and settings of the long-running television series starring Angela Lansbury. Each book is similar to the show, in that they are all "written" by Jessica Fletcher, along with another author.

In this story, Jessica is asked by a lawyer friend in Boston to work as a jury consultant on a high-profile murder trial. But then the defendant's girlfriend -- his one alibi -- is killed. After that, the bodies start piling up, and Jessica nearly be
Puneri
I loved this book so much that I finished it in few hours. It's Jessica Fletcher meets Law and Order. Jessica is helping a lawyer friend who is defending a famous and rich man indicted with the charge of murder of his brother. This time Jessica is a jury selection person. The plot is intriguing and Jessica uses her master mind to find the real culprit. But this time there is lot of court room drama. The novel features rich people and their lawyers and jury selection process and the overall feel ...more
Lisa Hansel
Very good read

The book and plot kept you guessing the entire time. By the end of the book I was surprised by the outcome of suspects. I recommend this book to anyone who loves a true mystery.
Pat
Daniel Devereux
I enjoyed it, honestly I'm using these Jessica books to distract me from reading a dozen other things. They're such short reads that I usually finish them in one sitting. I can't wait to read the next one the exerpt was juicy.

A line I highlighted. "Step right up and see the mystery writer-turned jury consultant and the alcoholic defense lawyer hang from their fingertips from the world's highest trapeze."
Shannon Renee
This is the ultimate comfort food book. It brought back memories of when I was little and watched Murder She wrote. It's a light easy read. I had no idea it was #6 in a series. (I hate reading things out of order). Other than my own personal aggervation from reading it out of order, I really liked it and will hunt for more of these at my library when I return this one.
Sherri Smith
My least favorite book in the Middle, She Wrote series thus far. I found it slow and a bit dull.
Manda
Didn't finish this book. Apparently it's a very young adult novel. Friend told me that they actually used to see these at junior high book fares with Nancy Drew. I tried. I love watching Murder She Wrote (cuz the inner me is an old lady) but the book just .... bit it.
Barbz
This was the first book in this series that I read and it was good enough that I kept reading the series. It has a very warm spot in my heart. =o)
Reba
Oh J.B. Fletcher you wily ole' cat you. Loose in Boston & taking down swindlers, crooks and murderers. You're just the most.
Sarah Jowett
A very good book with a little bit too many plot twists at the end, kind of confusing but very well written.
Dina
Read this book in one evening. I simply could NOT put this one down. Stayed up till 2 am reading it.
I really enjoyed this book, could not wait to finish it, to find out who did it.
A real page turner.
This book mentions Simmons as a list of colleges in Boston. Automatic thumbs up :)
Cindy
The character McLoon has got to come back in another book! He was great!
Cassie
A pleasant and easy read, but the ending was a little abrupt.
Pam
Feb 01, 2008 Pam marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
02/01/08 rec via bookmooch
Lori Scott
Lori Scott marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Colleen Sowden
Colleen Sowden marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Sighris Sharber
Sighris Sharber marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Joyce
Joyce added it
May 21, 2015
April
April marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Shellii Huff
Shellii Huff marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Lisa Ott
Lisa Ott marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Cynthia M
Cynthia M marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
The Women's Myste...: #6 A Deadly Judgement 1 2 Aug 09, 2013 11:38PM
  • Backstab (Francesca Vierling Mystery, #1)
  • Murder, They Wrote (Includes: Aurora Teagarden)
  • Skating on the Edge (Rebecca Robbins, #3)
  • Wreckers' Key (Seychelle Sullivan, #4)
  • Fashion Faux Paw (Dog Walker Mysteries, #6)
  • Words With Fiends (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #3)
  • Murder under Cover (A Bibliophile Mystery, #4)
  • Books Can Be Deceiving (Library Lover's Mystery, #1)
  • Fire Engine Dead (Museum, #3)
  • Hanging by a Hair  (Bad Hair Day Mystery, #11)
  • The Under Dog and Other Stories
  • Murder Talks Turkey (Gertie Johnson, #3)
  • Christmas Cake
  • Killer Twist (Ghostwriter Mystery #1)
Jessica Fletcher (born Jessica Beatrice MacGill, and writes under the initialed J.B. Fletcher) is a fictional character from the US television series Murder, She Wrote.

In keeping with the spirit of the TV show, a series of official original novels have been written by American ghostwriter Donald Bain and published by the New American Library. The author credit for the novels is shared with the fic
More about Jessica Fletcher...

Murder, She Wrote (1 - 10 of 44 books)
  • Gin & Daggers (Murder, She Wrote, #1)
  • Manhattans & Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #2)
  • Rum & Razors (Murder, She Wrote, #3)
  • Brandy and Bullets (Murder, She Wrote, #4)
  • Martinis & Mayhem (Murder, She Wrote, #5)
  • A Palette for Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #7)
  • The Highland Fling Murders (Murder, She Wrote, #8)
  • Murder on the QE2 (Murder, She Wrote, #9)
  • Murder in Moscow (Murder, She Wrote, #10)
  • A Little Yuletide Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #11)
Gin & Daggers (Murder, She Wrote, #1) Manhattans & Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #2) A Little Yuletide Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #11) Trick or Treachery (Murder, She Wrote, #14) Murder on the QE2 (Murder, She Wrote, #9)