Start by marking “Tarot in the Spirit of Zen” as Want to Read:
Tarot in the Spirit of Zen

Tarot in the Spirit of Zen

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  523 ratings  ·  27 reviews
A unique and valuable resource for all students and practitioners of the Tarot

Includes 22 major arcana pop-out cards from the Osho Zen Tarot

A must have for owners of the phenomenally popular Osho Zen Tarot, this in-depth study of the meanings of the cards in the Osho Zen Tarot deck will also appeal to those who use the Rider, Crowley, and other, more traditional cards. The
Published June 5th 2003 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published April 15th 1995)

Adrienne S.
NUMBER ONE TAROT DECK! If you have any interest in doing tarot, after you are familiar with the Raider Waite this is the one to go to....you will never be disappointed.

The book btw is fantastic as well. It's compiled from virtually all of Osho's books.

A must have. I read it at least twice a year.
Michelle
I've never understood Tarot, nor why people believe in it. I've owned a Tarot deck or two, and always found them confusing more than illuminating. The Osho Tarot doesn't attempt to predict the future, rather it opens the user's mind to interpret what's happening here and now. I've used mine on many occasions, and I always come away feeling confident and rejuvenated.
Lee
"Freedom can exist only if the future is open. But about an open future there is no possibility of prediction."

"One thing that is very fundamental has to be remembered, and that is that whenever we are doing anything---astrology, future prediction, horoscope readings, palmistry, the I-Ching, tarot---anything that is concerned with the future, it is basically a reading of the unconscious of the person. It has nothing much to do with the future. It has more do to with the past......If people are m
Eldon Lee
Part of my daily routine!
Rachel
Love this deck, love this book, and love to give this set as a gift to anyone considering picking up tarot. Very colorful, evocative imagery and beautiful, zen-riddled explanations. Great gift!
Lynn
Intense, profound, and truly resonating readings. I can't associate the term 'tarot' with these cards. They are cards yes, but so spiritual.

I've had these for 20 years. At different times in my life I've picked them up, and the next thing I know, I am stunned and in ah.

The graphics are award winning - weeks had to have gone into the drawing of one card alone. Mind boggling art work.
Payal Tarot reader
amazing results loving it doing tarot through Osho Zen Cards for self and clients.
Eneida
Still have it (in Portuguese), though haven't used it for a long time.
Caramel Bella
This book is a great accompaniment to the Tarot set.
Kim
wonderful for those interested in the tarot
Haikaa Yamamoto
Wonderful insights on these cards :)
Enkai
This deck is amazing.
Sverre
Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (1931-90), or Osho as he called himself, was an Indian guru who established a cult-like following in the 60s to 90s. His religious philosophy was all over the map, so to speak: syncretistic but more Buddhist and Hindu than anything else. He advocated a lifestyle of balancing sensuality with spirituality. He had a complex personality and swayed his followers with persuasive arguments and jokes. When he was still alive most of his critics agreed that he was narcissistic, sel ...more
Benjamin Richards
I have 'used' a few decks for readings, but, hands down this is the most fantastic set of cards and accompanying text I have encountered. If you have any interest in Tarot then you simply must acquire this deck, the artwork is very, very good and the cards themselves pull no punches. This is what I love about these cards; one day I can pull something from the Clouds Suit and think, "Oh bloody hell..." but there is always a relevant positive to be drawn from the message.
Ariel
Unlike any other deck I've used, this deck not only is beautiful, but it offers hope.
I've found that all the readings that have come from this deck offer positive insight and the constant view that there is always room for personal improvement and, foremost, hope. I have used this countless times, not only for myself, but for friends and family. They have also felt the same sense of overwhelming positivity during and after their readings.
The accompanying cards are absolutely beautiful. Best Tarot card deck of cards I've seen to date!
Irvina
There is some sort of magic here. These cards draw spot on every time!!
Claire
Book to accompany Osho's Zen Tarot deck. I am not a fan of Osho for the most part. His circular and repetitive writing more often than not bugs me. The card interpretations are thankfully not long - sometimes wordy, sometimes hit me straight where I need it - all reading dependent.

The book though is a necessary companion for this tarot deck, and certainly brings to light greater meaning.
Cheryl Brady
I use this book as I pull a tarot card for the day with the question, " What should I know about today?". Every card description is positive and insightful.
Amber
Have been practicing with this tarot deck for over 10 years now. It's a great way to learn about Zen Buddhism and apply the concepts directly to your life.
Sarah Joy
One of my favourite Tarot decks! The imagery is colourful and gorgeous! It combines my two loves. Osho and Tarot!
Brandon Lott
Great resource for those who enjoy oracular wisdom that comes from outside of our own confusing intellect.
Sabeeha Kurji
My favourite tarot deck ever. The pictures are just gorgeous. The cards are great for self-reflection.
Sharon
Fairly essential if you have the Osho Zen Tarot.
Heidi Domian
Guide and futher explanation for the cards
Kay
Really interesting.
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Dayanithi D
Dayanithi D marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
  • The Mythic Tarot
  • The Wildwood Tarot: Wherein Wisdom Resides
  • The Tarot: History, Symbolism, and Divination
  • Learning the Tarot: A Tarot Book for Beginners
  • Power Tarot: More Than 100 Spreads That Give Specific Answers to Your Most Important Question
  • Pictorial Key to the Tarot
  • Tarot Plain and Simple
  • Shadowscapes Tarot
  • Taking the Path of Zen
  • Mabon: Celebrating the Autumn Equinox
  • Ascended Masters Oracle Cards: 44-Card Deck and guidebook
One of the most provocative and inspiring spiritual teachers of the twentieth century, Osho defies categorization - reflecting everything from the individual quest for meaning to the most urgent social and political issues facing society today. His books are not written but are transcribed from recordings of extemporaneous talks given over a period of thirty-five years. Osho has been described by ...more
More about Osho...
Courage: The Joy of Living Dangerously Love, Freedom, and Aloneness: The Koan of Relationships The Book of Secrets (Vigyan Bhairav Tantra ) Creativity: Unleashing the Forces Within Freedom: The Courage to Be Yourself