Start by marking “L'invenzione di Morel” as Want to Read:
L'invenzione di Morel

L'invenzione di Morel

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  9,247 Ratings  ·  721 Reviews
Nell'assolato e labirintico scenario di un'isola deserta dei Tropici, un misterioso scienziato e la sua corte di amici ripercorrono un'antica illusione degli umani: sottrarsi attraverso l'Arte alla corruttibilità della Vita e divenire pura Forma. Ma l'immortalità dei personaggi passa necessariamente per la loro morte, a cui segue di poco quella del narratore, involontario ...more
Paperback, Tascabili Bompiani #387, 146 pages
Published December 7th 2000 by Bompiani (first published 1940)

To ask other readers questions about L'invenzione di Morel, please sign up.

Vspapado είναι εξαντλημένο παντού (μάλλον θα το διαπίστωσες κι εσύ αν το ψάχνεις), εγώ το διάβασα εκτυπώνοντας το από το ίντερνετ. Θα το βρεις σε pdf εύκολα.

Bill  Kerwin
May 15, 2016 Bill Kerwin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: weird-fiction

"The Invention of Morel" is a romantic classic in which passion triumphs over convention, a surrealist classic in which imagination triumphs over reality, a science fiction classic in which technology triumphs over time, and a mystery story whose fantastic resolution always plays fair with the reader.

Is corporeality necessary for human personality? Is community possible even in isolation? Can love survive death and--perhaps what is worse--complete indifference? Bioy Casares novel addresses all
s.penkevich
Jul 07, 2015 s.penkevich rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Unrequited Love
Recommended to s.penkevich by: The Borges effect
I do not believe that a dream should necessarily be taken for reality, or reality for madness.

How often we feel like an island, alone in a world and beleaguered by the crashing waves of change, responsibility and heartache eroding our soil. Adolfo Bioy Casares presents us a chilling and empathetic tale of love and loneliness, molding the ‘diary of a man stranded on an island’ literary trope into a fantastical and exciting exploration into the human heart. While the sci-fi elements are engaging
Glenn Russell
Jul 20, 2015 Glenn Russell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The Invention of Morel was adjudged a perfect work by Jorge Luis Borges, the author’s mentor/friend/frequent collaborator. Anybody familiar with the essays and short fiction of Borges can appreciate what it means for one of the great masters of world literature to make such a pronouncement. Perhaps Borges’ appraisal reflects, in part, how Adolfo Bioy Casares shares much of his own aesthetic and literary sensibilities (after all, they collaborated on 12 books).

More specifically, here are some obv
mai ahmd
عندما تكتب عن رواية فاتنة فيجب أن تعطي نفسك فرصة لكي تلتقط الأنفاس وتستحضر الصور والمشاهد والأفكار .. ليس كل الروايات تستحق ولا كلها تعطيك هذه البهجة البهجة التي تأتي محملة بالكثير من التصورات والأفكار بعد قرائتها
هذه مقدمة لا بد منها يستحقها أدولفو كاساريس .. لأنه كاتب مختلف ولأنه كاتب فنتازي أعطى هالة من الغموض ليتيح المجال للعديد من التفسيرات كاتب لا يسهل عليك الأمر يدفعك للتفكير وأنا أحب ذلك ..

كتبت هذه الرواية على شكل يوميات لبطل الرواية هوامشها جزء من الحكاية
تدور أحداثها في جزيرة معزولة لا
Lynne King
When I first started this novella, I was highly bemused by everything. The nameless narrator from Venezuela, who is living on an island he believes is called Villings and who decides to write a diary of what is happening there. He is unsure how long he has to live. He is a fugitive on the run from justice after being sentenced to life imprisonment. We are never to find out what this crime is, and then an Italian rug merchant in Calcutta tells him about an island:

There is only one place for a fu
Rakhi Dalal
Apr 13, 2015 Rakhi Dalal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: magical-realism

The incomprehensibility of an idea is what makes man delve deeper into it. The more challenging the idea the more fascination it holds. For as long as mankind can remember, the idea of death and immortality has intrigued minds, making man wish to conquer death and to become immortal. Philosophy, science and religion maintain views which suggest some interesting thoughts for contemplation. But since ‘death’ still remains unconquerable, man somehow tries to deceive it by leaving behind works of im
brian
am i jackass? a moron?

this is a perfectly good book. and a guy spending months on a sun dappled island amongst three dimensional phantoms re-enacting a single weekend is sublime. but this:

“the most complete and total perception not only of the unreality of the world but of our own unreality: not only do we traverse a realm of shadows, we ourselves are shadows.”

that’s octavio paz. and paz is a badasss. a serious badass. and borges – maybe the biggest badass that has ever lived – called this nove
Helen Stavraki
Jul 06, 2016 Helen Stavraki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best
*****************************************************

«Πιστεύω πως χάνουμε την αθανασία γιατί δεν έχει εξελιχθεί η αντίστασή μας στο θάνατο· οι τελειοποιήσεις της επιμένουν στην πρωταρχική, τη στοιχειώδη ιδέα: να διατηρήσουμε ζωντανό ολόκληρο το σώμα. Θα 'πρεπε να επιζητούμε τη διατήρηση αυτού που ενδιαφέρει τη συνείδηση».

Η μπαλάντα των αισθήσεων και των παραισθήσεων.
Ένα αριστούργημα. Ένας προφητικός εφιάλτης για την ανθρώπινη υπόσταση. Επιστημονικό θρίλερ,μαύρο,φρικιαστικό,ανατριχιαστικό και μ
Γκέλλυ
Mar 12, 2016 Γκέλλυ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Από τις λίγες φορές που δεν ξέρω τι να γράψω για ένα βιβλίο, όχι γιατί δεν έχω κάτι να πω αλλά φοβάμαι ότι θα αποκαλύψω περισσότερα από ότι θα έπρεπε και ετσι θα χαλάσω, σε όσους επιθυμούν να το διαβάσουν, την μαγεία αυτού του βιβλίου.

Ο ήρωας μας είναι ένας κατάδικος (τους λόγους δεν τους μαθαίνουμε και ποτέ) που δραπετεύει σε ένα ακατοίκητο νησί όπου υπάρχουν μόνο ένα μουσείο, μια πισίνα και ένα παρεκκλήσι. Παρά τις φήμες για μια θανατηφόρα ασθένεια, ζει σχετικά καλά σε αυτήν την ερημιά, μόνο
Nickolas the Kid
Μόλις τελείωσα το βιβλίο (δλδ σε μιάμιση μέρα) και δεν είχα καμιά αμφιβολία ότι πρέπει να πάρει 5 αστεράκια...

Έτσι απλά μιλάμε για ένα αριστούργημα της λατινοαμερικάνικης λογοτεχνίας...
Δεν θέλω να γράψω πολλά για το βιβλίο για να μην χαλάσω τις απανωτές εκπλήξεις των εν δυνάμει αναγνωστών. Ο Μπόρχες το θεωρούσε τέλειο κι εγώ (!!!) μαγικό.

Ένας ναυαγός/κατάδικος (ίσως) βρίσκεται σε ένα ερημικό νησί όπου υπάρχει μια πισίνα, ένα μουσείο και ένα παρεκκλήσι... Τίποτε άλλο.. Κάποια στιγμή αρχίζουν να ε
Matt
Aug 01, 2010 Matt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: yeahhhh-bioy
What a great little book!

Casares comes as close here as a writer possibly could to successfully mixing literary fiction with elements of science fiction. I feel like there is very little that I can say about the plot without spoiling it. Over the first thirty pages I was convinced that this was merely a ghost story – more specifically the ghost story that inspired Shyamalan’s whole “I see dead people” thing. Casares totally surprised me at that point by taking the story in a direction that I ha
Maria Thomarey
May 06, 2016 Maria Thomarey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: readathon2016

Λοιπόν εντάξει . Ας το κάνουμε με τον τροπο του Casares. Τι λέτε ;;
Α) Lost
B) lost
Γ) κατασκευή
Δ)"διαβάστε και λίγη λογοτεχνία " φράση καθηγητή στο πανεπιστήμιο
E) φιλοσοφία
Ζ) θεωρία των μέσων
Η) μεταμοντέρνο
Θ) Μορελ .2
Ι) κάψιμο . ( με την καλη έννοια )
Greg
Apr 15, 2010 Greg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Floating Reviews and the Television Show Lost

I just went through my update feed looking to see what my goodreads.com friends have been doing. I see reviews and things I should pay some attention to, but I'm not quite that self-reflexive yet that I will write reviews only about what I'm doing at the moment on goodreads.com. Instead I would like to make an observation of how my goodreads.com update feed mirrors this book.

For the past few days just about every morning and early evening that I chec
Chris_P
Τι να πω γι' αυτό; Τέλειο σε όλους τους τομείς! Ολόκληρος Borges το εκθείασε, πώς είναι δυνατόν να έκανε λάθος; Ευφυέαστατη σύλληψη, εξίσου ευφυέστατη εκτέλεση και ένα τέλος που μόνο απόλυτα αρμόζον μπορεί να χαρακτηριστεί.

Νικόλα σ' ευχαριστώ που μου άνοιξες τα ματια!
Tony
I see Faustine....

....but she doesn't see me.

I speak, halting, tortured words....

....but her gaze never shifts.

I build her a garden, a hint of my love....

....but she walks through it.

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____

I hold the glass by the stem, hard against the table. My wrist works, making the liquid swirl. I breathe it in. So often, I miss the notes. I guess wrong. I keep quiet at tastings.

So here.

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____

No, that won't do.

Let me tell you of my wrong guesses and dead ends.

I t
RandomAnthony
I wish I hadn’t read the back of The Invention of Morel before I read the novel. Once I read that Borges, Paz, etc. loved this book I felt like I had to like it. Too much pressure.

Fortunately, I think the The Invention of Morel is strong enough that I would have been a fan without any background knowledge. The book is narrated by a fugitive marooned on an island to which the tides carried him after his escape. A house, chapel, and museum occupy the otherwise-deserted island. Soon, however, peop
Erato
Jul 13, 2016 Erato rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Δεν εχω λόγια!! Προκειται για ενα αριστούργημα!!Μοναδικό, εξαιρετικό, ανατριχιαστικό, τρυφερό, ανατρεπτικό, σκοτεινό, ΑΝΕΠΑΝΑΛΗΠΤΟ!!
Η γραφή του Κασαρες ειναι απίστευτη πραγματικά πλην ομως οφείλονται εύσημα και στην εξαιρετική μετάφραση του Αχ. Κυριακιδη.
Δε θα πω τίποτε άλλο,μονο να το διαβάσετε ΟΠΩΣΔΗΠΟΤΕ!
Θα το θυμάμαι καιρο και σίγουρα θα ξαναγυρίσω σ αυτο.
Πεντε αστέρια ειναι λίγα!
Nora Dillonovich
Jul 26, 2009 Nora Dillonovich rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysterioso
This is the kind of book one reads from cover to cover in one sitting (or before bed, and then finishes on the bus in the morning). This is true for a variety of reasons: the length, the mystery evoked in the first twenty or so pages, and the pacing of the narration for the last half.

The narration is haunting, the island where the action (the endless, repetitive action), the events transpire, is eerie, somewhat vague.
The Love (the emotion or obsession or sentiment or consuming need- I dont kno
Teresa
Jun 28, 2014 Teresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terminei há dias este livro e fiquei com a sensação de que não o tinha lido com a dedicação que ele merecia. Como tem pouco mais de 100 páginas, não me assaltou o desespero pela falta de tempo, e reli-o, hoje, sem intrometer entre mim e ele outras leituras.
De facto Jorge Luis Borges tem razão: "não me parece uma imprecisão ou uma hipérbole classificá-lo como perfeito."

Trata-se do diário de um foragido que se refugia numa ilha deserta. Passado um tempo descobre que não está sozinho. Aí conhece F
Hadrian
A charming little narrative which lulls you into thinking it's 'just another adventure story' and then throws a few genuinely shocking twists at you. I won't reveal their nature, as that would genuinely spoil the book, but let's just say that Philip K. Dick would enjoy this idea as much as Borges or Paz.
MJ Nicholls
Lacking in the satirical surrealism found in his later (and some say lesser) NYRB book Asleep in the Sun, unfortunately this one failed to sustain my attention despite forty pages of anticipatory eagerness. The narrator, nameless, mooches around an island spying on a gypsy woman and is evicted from her presence by bearded Frenchmen. Naturally, she is beautiful, naturally he falls in love with her, then something happens to do with photographs and people dying and I didn’t understand most of it, ...more
Camille Stein
Jul 12, 2014 Camille Stein rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Ilustración. A5. Bolígrafo. | Alba Ruiz De Miguel - http://ow.ly/yXuw3

Todo se ha perdido: la vida con la mujer, la soledad pasada. Sin refugio perduro en este monólogo que, desde ahora, es injustificable.

En la soledad es imposible estar muerto.

Pero debo convencerme: no necesito huir. Vivir con las imágenes es una dicha. Si llegan los perseguidores, se olvidarán de mí ante el prodigio de esta gente inaccesible. Me quedaré.

El narrador de Adolfo Bioy Casares, aunque anclado en una isla supuest
Brian
Apr 06, 2013 Brian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully written, completely original and demands a second and third reading. I understand why Borges was over the moon about this novella. Now I want to watch all of the movies that this story spawned.
سلطان
Aug 09, 2015 سلطان rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
من الروايات التي تشعرك بعد ربعها الأول أنك أمام قصة مختلفة عن القصص السائدة. وكنت أسأل نفسي في الصفحات الأولى منها: لماذا أشاد الكاتب الكبير بورخيس بها؟ ولماذا كتب مقدمة لها؟ فبدايتها كانت عادية نوعاً ما، لكني عرفت بعد ذلك أنها لا تختلف عن الأجواء البورخيسية التي توقع في القارئ في حيرة كبيرة أمام النص وأمام نفسه.
أين الوهم في الرواية؟ وأين الحقيقة؟ من هم الأشخاص الحقيقيون في الرواية؟ وكيف أتت فكرتها إلى المؤلف؟
هذه رواية تستحق أن تقرأ بتروي، وتحتاج إلى تركيز منذ البداية للاستمتاع بأجوائها وفكرتها.
Fernando
Sep 24, 2015 Fernando rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pocos saben que Bioy Casares se inspiró en El Castillo de los Cárpatos, de Julio Verne para la consecución de este maravilloso libro. Debo releerlo pronto...
Jimmy
Jul 18, 2009 Jimmy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first this book was good but a little predictable. It felt like Last Year at Marienbad. Then it started to feel a little like Celine and Julie Go Boating. These are both great films that I love, so I didn't mind. But the book definitely differs from these in interesting ways, and I really loved the last 30 pages or so. I haven't read Borge's introduction to it yet, but he is so predictable for loving it: it's got most of the signature things in a Borges story: mirrors, reproduction, the fact ...more
Arthur Grunenwald
Nov 15, 2015 Arthur Grunenwald rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a preliminary read for Borges' Ficciones , I read this evocative novella by Adolfo Bioy Casares; which the former author described as "a perfect novel" (p. 7). This is one of the first (if not the first) stories that I've read that deals with multiple "realities", and is likewise one of the first science-fiction books that I've read. The novella has impressed me in both respects.

Despite being a translation, Ruth L.C. Simms manages to render Casares' noticeably beautiful prose into English (a
Leonel
Oct 06, 2015 Leonel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Muy complejo, en las primeras páginas uno apenas intuye lo que pasa, se empieza a disfrutar de verdad cuando se da a conocer qué es la invención de Morel. Teniendo en cuenta que es un libro de hace 75 años se aprecia mas la imaginación del autor, muchas obras, incluida la serie Lost (por lo que se comenta) están fuertemente influenciadas por este libro. Muy bien escrito, este tipo de libros son los que hacen ejercitar la mente. Para leer y releer tranquilo.
[P]
Jul 06, 2015 [P] rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bitchin
I misread ‘the intimate forms of address’ as ‘the intimate forms of sadness,’ and liked it much better. I could recite word-for-word, without the book in my hand, but now, as I read it, I make mistakes. Before I found the book I spent a long time looking at photographs, studying them. I would stare at the faces and try to gauge their mood. Who amongst them were happy? Those who are smiling? That seems obvious, of course; but who can say with any certainty? You cannot know anyone but yourself. Fi ...more
Ebrahim Abdulla
May 01, 2016 Ebrahim Abdulla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: literature
بعد محاولات لم تنجح كثيراً، تعتبر "اختراع موريل" الرواية التي سلّطت الأضواء على أدولفو بيوي كاساريس، لدرجة وصلت لأن يصفها صديقه بورخيس بالرواية الكاملة، وإلهامها لكثير من كتّاب أمريكا اللاتينية ومن أهمهم ماركيز. على الرغم من عدد صفحاتها القليل، إلا أنني قرأت الرواية على فترات متقطعة لأيام، وعانيت بعض الشي أثناء القراءة، ولا أدري إن كانت المشكلة في الترجمة، أم في أسلوب الكاتب، أم في الاثنين معاً؟ (المُترجم دوّن ملاحظة في بداية الكتاب عن صعوبة الأسلوب)، لهذا اضطررت لمشاهدة فيلم إيطالي أٌنتج في الس ...more
  • An Episode in the Life of a Landscape Painter
  • The Survivors of the Chancellor (Extraordinary Voyages, #13)
  • 62: A Model Kit
  • Los siete locos (Los siete locos, #1)
  • Bad Twin
  • Zama
  • Lancelot
  • The Stone Leopard
  • The Obscene Bird of Night
  • The Museum of Eterna's Novel (The First Good Novel)
  • The Adventures and Misadventures of Maqroll
  • Los pichiciegos
  • The Letter Killers Club
  • Don Segundo Sombra
  • Antología de la literatura fantástica
  • Sobre héroes y tumbas
  • Respiración artificial
Winner of the Gran Premio de Honor da Sociedad Argentina de Escritores (1975), the Cervantes Award (1990) and the Légion d’Honneur da França (1981), Adolfo Bioy Casares (Buenos Aires, 1914-1999) is one of the main writes of the XX century. Also a journalist and translator, he was a friend and collaborator with his fellow countryman Jorge Luis Borges, with whom he wrote six books and created the ch ...more
More about Adolfo Bioy Casares...

“And the reason I am so nervous is that everything I do now is leading me to one of three possible futures... Which one will it be? Time alone will tell. But still I know that writing this diary can perhaps provide the answer; it may even help produce the right future.” 18 likes
“The sea is endless when you are in a rowboat.” 16 likes