Start by marking “Awareness: The Key to Living in Balance” as Want to Read:
Awareness: The Key to Living in Balance

Awareness: The Key to Living in Balance (Osho Insights for a new way of living )

4.32  ·  Rating Details ·  1,323 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
Underlying all meditation techniques, including martial arts-and in fact underlying all great athletic performances-is a quality of being awake and present to the moment, a quality that Osho calls awareness. Once we can identify and understand what this quality of awareness is, we have the key to self-mastery in virtually every area of our lives.

According to great masters
Published December 10th 2001 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Awareness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awareness

Dupsie Oriyomi
Jan 17, 2012 Dupsie Oriyomi rated it really liked it
If you want to fully understand the purpose to life and meditation, this book is an absolute keeper. A great book by a great man, he might have been dead for over a decade but his words are still as relevant today as before.

This book is great on the idea of witnessing and watching your own actions. Osho is a wonderful teacher and I am so happy I came across this book.
Hason010
It is such an extraordinary book which written by on of the most influential philosophers in twenty first century. You will be shocked many times, you will feel like if you have not learned anything in this life. Osho will show you how to be aware, alert and live your moment as it comes, and get rid of ego tricks that make you a prisoner of the past or the future which not yet come...
You will enjoy reading it....
Joseph
Oct 05, 2012 Joseph rated it it was amazing
extremely deep for a short book one of oshos best . take your time with it you wont be let down
Muddu Kishan
Nov 12, 2014 Muddu Kishan rated it it was amazing
This books is a culmination of all OSHO , ZEN, Tao and spiritual teachings. Read this book and you are done. No need to read any other books.

The Basic is AWARENESS.
Andreea Loredana
"You live only to the extent that you are consciously aware of the difference between death and life."
"Love is beautiful when you're tall through it and becomes dirty and ugly when you fall through it."
"The more you are unconscious, the better you are away from yourself. The more you are aware of so you get closer to you. When you're in the center is total awareness. When the degree of awareness is lower, you are closer the periphery. you can move to the periphery when you move to the unconsciou
Mark W. Cole
Dec 13, 2009 Mark W. Cole rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
This book is full of insights.
Wade Miller
Jul 07, 2016 Wade Miller rated it it was amazing
This book helped me find the deepest mindfulness or living in the present I have found... Maybe it can help you on your journey too! It's not a good first book on these topics, I'd read Eckhart Tolle for that but this takes it deeper... I'll read it again soon! Big fan and I don't say that about just any book, I quit reading two others half way before this one because they were not impactful.
Diana
Jan 25, 2011 Diana rated it liked it
There are more than a few moments when I wonder is Osho was misanthropic. Many other moments, absolute guru-ic genius.
Ramananda
The first book that I read from Osho.
Sandra
Mar 19, 2014 Sandra rated it really liked it
Recommended to Sandra by: Evija Kļaviņa
Shelves: reviewed
***

Ja turot rokās akmeņus, tu domā, ka tie ir dimanti, es neteikšu, ka tev jāatsakās no šiem akmeņiem. Es vienkārši bildīšu: "Esi modrs un paraugies vērīgāk!" Ja tu pats redzi, ka tie nav dimanti, vai vajadzīgs no tiem atteikties? Tie paši izkritīs no tavām rokām. Ja tu vēl joprojām vēlies tos nēsāt, tad tev būs mazliet jāpiepūlas. Taču ilgi tu to nespēsi. Ja reiz būsi izpratis, ka tie nav lietderīgi, ir nenozīmīgi, tu tos aizmetīsi.

***

Vienīgais, kas jāiemācās, ir vērīgums. Vēro! Vēro katru darb
Mallikarjun Yelameli
Jul 08, 2016 Mallikarjun Yelameli rated it it was amazing
Buddha's mindful meditation is the greatest gift to the world. Being aware every moment is the most important thing. Meditation can only make one aware. Osho says, meditation is the only true religion. Life has no goal no purpose, life itself is the goal and purpose, awareness is the technique to attain it. Awareness is the difference between death and life.

Buddha's one of the most important teaching is being aware every moment. By practicing mindful meditation, one reaches, to his or her inner
Chicky Kadambari
Nov 25, 2012 Chicky Kadambari rated it really liked it
A strong and much needed book in today's stressful living conditions.

Here's the complete review of Awareness - The Key to Living in Balance, by Osho .

In this book, Osho teaches the essence of meditation and living in the present moment. He shows how, with practice, we can avoid being entrapped in the vicious circle of our thoughts. He explains the techniques for relaxing our mind and body, and letting go of all tensions. He points out the difference between religion and spirituality, between c
Ersagun
Jan 12, 2016 Ersagun rated it really liked it
Shelves: spirit
Da-silva
Nov 13, 2013 Da-silva rated it it was amazing
this book will blow your mind across a deeper meditation about yourself, your feelings and a soul without ego. as such, Osho isn't a philosopher but he's going to the most deep space from your inner and lift up a new consciousness to live flying above the things happend to you. you wont just improve a new vision for the world, you'll get new eyes.
Bettina
Jan 27, 2014 Bettina rated it it was amazing
I wish I could manage to do it one day and to find the balance everytime I loose it...Thanks for lending me your book my friend, you know who you're ;)
"Cuanto mas consciente se vuelve uno, mas se recuerda a si mismo, con mas cautela actúa, mas alerta esta, mas heridas empiezan a desaparecer, hay menos brotes de ira, menos odio, menos celos y menos sentimientos posesivos". Osho
Joana Lourenço
I guess we are so bombarded with enlightenment and knowledge quotes that it somehow makes these types of books and all quotes in general seem like everyone else has all the answers except me...
I might get back to this. I just need to detox from the fast feeding on enlightenment, self-awareness, and being the best a person can be. One step at a time.
Sameer Deshpande
Feb 21, 2016 Sameer Deshpande rated it it was amazing
If you want to understand the awareness approach as proposed by Buddha and Upanishads, this is a very useful book. It is written in simple and lucid style. Osho adds his usual persuasive perspective to play to seduce the reader to embrace this panacea to life's problems.
Kayla Noel Jaeckel
Great book

Amazing book for spiritual growth and development. Brings light and balance into your every day life. I really recommend this book.
Muthukumar
Mar 31, 2008 Muthukumar added it
Shelves: osho-shelf
s
Sarito Carol
Jun 30, 2013 Sarito Carol rated it it was amazing
My personal favorite of the Insights series of Osho books.
Vanea Tudor
Dec 07, 2015 Vanea Tudor rated it it was amazing
All books by OSHO are a journey to awareness and inner peace! Can't get enough of it :)
Deniz Oztas
Shelves: 2016
¡Osho siempre magnifico!
Prashanth
Feb 06, 2016 Prashanth marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
good
XO
May 03, 2013 XO rated it liked it
More of the same
Shawn
was ok not the best read
John Fanning
Jul 23, 2012 John Fanning rated it it was amazing
Took me forever to read because it's so hard to get your head around what it has to say.

It's all so new, and well, dense, but in a good way, on a lot of levels.
Sathyanarayanan
Jun 26, 2014 Sathyanarayanan rated it liked it
The provokes your mind and keep your mind from wandering to wonder, The best book who wants to explore what is truth and happiness
Stepas
Mar 18, 2015 Stepas rated it it was amazing
Prašyta gerai, tik, kad neviską jis pats darė, gal net daugiua ko nedarė.
  • Oneness With All Life: Inspirational Selections from A New Earth
  • Wen-Tzu
  • Joyful Path of Good Fortune: The Complete Buddhist Path to Enlightenment
  • The Second Coming of Christ: The Resurrection of the Christ Within You, a Revelatory Commentary on the Original Teachings of Jesus
  • Stepping Out of Self-Deception: The Buddha's Liberating Teaching of No-Self
  • The Tao of Inner Peace
  • The Diamond in Your Pocket: Discovering Your True Radiance
  • Cultivating the Mind of Love: The Practice of Looking Deeply in the Mahayana Buddhist Tradition
  • Selected Writings
  • Power, Freedom, and Grace: Living from the Source of Lasting Happiness
  • Paths to God: Living the Bhagavad Gita
  • No Self No Problem: Awakening to Our True Nature
  • Inner Christianity: A Guide to the Esoteric Tradition
One of the most provocative and inspiring spiritual teachers of the twentieth century, Osho defies categorization - reflecting everything from the individual quest for meaning to the most urgent social and political issues facing society today. His books are not written but are transcribed from recordings of extemporaneous talks given over a period of thirty-five years. Osho has been described by ...more
More about Osho...

Osho Insights for a new way of living (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Courage: The Joy of Living Dangerously