Intuition: Knowing Beyond Logic

Intuition: Knowing Beyond Logic (Osho Insights for a new way of living )

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  724 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Intuition deals with the difference between the intellectual, logical mind and the more encompassing realm of spirit. Logic is how the mind knows reality, intuition is how the spirit experiences reality. Osho's discussion of these matters is wonderfully lucid, occasionally funny, and thoroughly engrossing.

All people have a natural capacity for intuition, but often social c
Published December 14th 2001 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 2001)

Alka Arya
Intelligence is the inborn capacity to see, to perceive. Every child is born intelligent, then made stupid by the society. We educate him in stupidity, and sooner or later he graduates in stupidity.
Alefia
When I picked this book, I must admit I was quite skeptical as to what influence will it have on me. And for me a good book is not what I read, it is a book which reads me. I was in complete awe after finishing it. This book definitely makes you break free the shackles of the rigid mindset that keeps your life grounded in the complexities of everyday living. You never get to lift your feet from the ground realities; fly with the wings of your imagination is pure fiction. Osho just dissolves thos...more
Atul Sabnis
Jun 29, 2009 Atul Sabnis rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Atul by: Sunil
It was the most innocent pick-up of the year, I think. When I picked up Intuition: Knowing Beyond Logic, by Osho, you could say, it was intuitive.

I am amused and smiling as I write the review. One of the resonating themes of the books is to let go of the shackles of the belief system(s) that you have adorned, imbibed and ingrained over the years. Whatever these may be - religious, spiritual, social or political.

Osho says in a section of the book - to be in the moment and not necessarily agree or...more
Adrienne S.
WOW! Super amazing. If you ever wondering why your logical brain can't figure out intution, this book will tell you why!!! Your rational mind can not accept or understand anything that exists above it. In other words, your intution is above your intellect. Bottom line: so don't cling to what you know, cause what you don't know is stronger than what you do.
Sach Singh
Osho... True to form :)

Like many of Osho's books, this one is about what the title concludes, and yet also... not (or at least not in the way some readers might be expecting). He sometimes makes creative leaps into seemingly-unrelated content, but it always comes together for me at some point when I can see the bigger picture he is pointing to. There is a lot more to this book than most books on intuition, and yet this book is tiny! If you're looking for one of those quick "psychic development"...more
Tony Kaldas
Osho as usual is a person who always gives you the truth in your face!
Dan S.
One of the best books I've ever read. It helped me tremendously with my life and outlook. Osho can be provocative and downright confrontational in a lot of his writing but I found intuition very affirming and helpful. Trusting oneself is a lifelong quest that should be pursued.
Cassandra Stroehmer

One of my favorite books of all time. Simple, honest, profound... Life changing.
Suzy
Reviewing this book will never do it justice.
Lucas Lundin
There are few "spiritual", "mystic", meditational books that I can read page to page and agree with everything being said- I mean that's rare in any book. Osho does a great job of seperating "fact from fiction" and the overbearing traditions from long practiced meditations. Taught me great insight on the silent side the of the mind.
Munkhbayar Baatarkhuu
This was dastantik. Here goes the pringes on the courtling poreas, and the beauty of the morning peackot surbounds mene heart. No destination, but direction. There is nothing higher than human consciousness and nothing more beautiful than this life. Oh deur per mene sanchitos! Laphrim.
Elbe
In a way very encouraging book... so all that I knew as a child was true, so all that my mother taught me was true... it just went a bit amiss, when the society finally hit in. And good... that I've diced already few years ago to follow my heart again... :)
Sooraj Raju
I had always believed in intuition. But was always in an imbalance with the inner voice and the sense of reasoning. Osho has given me enough insight to be comfortable with my intuitions and to follow it in life as you follow your instincts.
Karthick Rajan R
Really nice book to show "What is Intelligence, Intuition, Instinct and intellect was ?"
Ana Rita
Neste livro, Osho, dá-nos a conhecer o nosso lado mais intuitivo.
Mostra-nos como a intuição vai além do racional; e como esta pode influenciar de forma positiva determinadas decisões.
Sermos levados pela intuição, é uma busca constante pela descoberta - e é assim que Osho nos guia até ela. Porque a lógica e o racional não estão presentes em todos os momentos da nossa existência. É necessário seguirmos o nosso interior para alcançar conclusões impressionantes; -com esta filosofia o autor elucida-n...more
Bhaskar Mishra
well, judging someone's teachings, and that too,Osho's,is certainly out of question.
The point behind keeping the last star with me was that i had heard over a major part of the book in audio discourses, and so that familiarity,(that knowledge, haha) made me keep the 5th star.
Cheryl
I couldn't make it through the book, it was a little vague and incoherent. There are some interesting insights, about Western culture and our problems, but I had to laugh at his idea that living in a nudist ashram will shake off our sexual repression and eventually make us lose interest in sex and therefore be enlightened and transcend ourselves, leading us to our intuitive state. That is just not helpful to me!
Marco
es bueno, pero no es un libro que el haya escrito, es una recopilación de lo que ha hecho en conferencias, platicas, entrevistas, etc... ( de hecho creo que solo escribió dos libros ) a algunos puede que no les sirva, pero a otros les ayude muchísimo. A mi parecer es cuestión de quien lo lea, solo dale chance; es un libro al que le tienes que dar oportunidad, lo mas seguro es que no te defraude
Alex
Dangerous thinking in print. The best Eastern mystic and renowned bioterrorist draws on all great religious thought to weave Daoism, Buddhism, Zen art and atheistic humanism into a workable vision of positive human spirituality. (Great for people with nothing better to do.)
Raghul
Dec 09, 2013 Raghul rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: osho
Osho is one of the great thinker and spiritual leader of all the time. His knowledge about self always amazes me. This book is helps up to distinguish between instinct,intellect and Intuition.
a clearly written words of a wise man.
Vicky
I like to re-read books by Osho from time to time, there is always some reminder to look at the things in a different way, to better understand yourself, to remember that logic and reason are only parts of decision making.
Max
a beautiful read that leads the heart into uncharted waters and glimpses the possibilities that can spring forth when we abandon old patterns of thought and enter into new patterns of awareness.
Alexander
Taxonomy of bases for our actions: instinct, intellect, and intuition. The differences and similarities between these methods are explained. A very good book to read for a scientist.
Corry Hinckley
This book made me stop pretending I didn't know things I had known all along. I couldn't continue to live like I was unaware because it felt ridiculous to be dishonest after reading Osho.
Ahmad Moshrif
As usual, OSHO has a deep perceptions about new way of living.
This book is for people who are willing to discover new stuff, fresh insights and maybe audacious way of thinking!
Tiago Sampaio
Interessante e inspirador, para quem quer aprender a acreditar mais nas suas proprias decisoes e melhorar a sua interaçao com o mundo.
Akshay Cm
Osho never ceases to blow my mind . His 'straight-in-the-face' words are very profound indeed. An Osho classic.
Incredible and deeply thought provoking! I can't wait to buy more of his books.
Viet Hung Nguyen
Khi tôi đưa mắt nhìn chăm chú, tôi thấy hoa nazunia đang nở bên hàng rào!
Mahesh
still reading it when finished than i will write
Must read book 1 13 Dec 03, 2012 01:46AM
  • Insight Meditation Kit
  • The Flowering of Human Consciousness
  • Freedom from the Known
  • How to Eat, Move, and Be Healthy!: Your Personalized 4-Step Guide to Looking and Feeling Great from the Inside Out
  • Never Let Go: A Philosophy of Lifting, Living and Learning
  • I Am That: Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
  • Complete Chanakya Neeti
  • The First and Last Freedom
  • The Laughing Jesus: Religious Lies and Gnostic Wisdom
  • Eastern Body, Western Mind: Psychology and the Chakra System As a Path to the Self
  • Thick Face, Black Heart: The Asian Path to Thriving, Winning & Succeeding
  • Mother Teresa
  • Anatomy Trains: Myofascial Meridians for Manual and Movement Therapists
  • The Diamond in Your Pocket: Discovering Your True Radiance
One of the most provocative and inspiring spiritual teachers of the twentieth century, Osho defies categorization - reflecting everything from the individual quest for meaning to the most urgent social and political issues facing society today. His books are not written but are transcribed from recordings of extemporaneous talks given over a period of thirty-five years. Osho has been described by...more
More about Osho...
Courage: The Joy of Living Dangerously Love, Freedom, and Aloneness: The Koan of Relationships The Book of Secrets (Vigyan Bhairav Tantra ) Creativity: Unleashing the Forces Within Freedom: The Courage to Be Yourself