Start by marking “Maigret e l'affittacamere” as Want to Read:
Maigret e l'affittacamere

Maigret e l'affittacamere (Maigret #37)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  126 ratings  ·  9 reviews
A tutta prima aveva creduto che fosse un po' svitata. Ora si chiedeva se quella esuberanza non fosse dovuta al fatto che lei recitava, non solo per ingannarlo, non solo per nascondergli qualcosa, ma per il puro piacere di interpretare un ruolo. «Si diverte molto, signorina Clément?». «Mi diverto sempre, commissario». Questa volta lo guardò con tutto il suo ritrovato candor ...more
Paperback, Gli Adelphi - Le Inchieste di Maigret, 164 pages
Published October 1st 2002 by Adelphi (first published 1951)

To ask other readers questions about Maigret e l'affittacamere, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maigret e l'affittacamere

Swissmiss
I don't really know this detective series, although I'm aware it's quite famous. It took me two goes to get into it. The first time round, I was confused by the way the narrative meanders around a bit before getting to the point of the story. Or maybe it's that I was expected to know who the main characters were already. Once I'd gotten far enough in to figure out what was going on, I went back and re-read from the beginning, and this time I could really appreciate the story-telling, the atmosph ...more
Bruce
The title of this book is often translated as Maigret Takes a Room.

Inspector Maigret is alone and bored. Mme Maigret is out of Paris tending her convalescing sister, nothing exciting is happening at work, and he is spending an evening stopping at a bar, going to a movie, wandering the streets, and avoiding going home. Things change suddenly when one of his men is shot. Taking over the assignment of the injured man, Maigret moves into the lodgings where a robbery has occurred, outside of which th
John
Another very atmospheric tale from the master. As usual Maigret hangs around with the people involved, drinks and eats with them, watches them, talks to them, listens to them, gets to know them and gradually works out what's gone on. While this is happening, the reader is right in Maigret's head.

For me, with these stories, the journey is more important than the destination. Top notch! I don't think this man could have written a bad book if he tried.
Steve
another brain teaser whodunit starring Maigret.he is loved but not very lovable.
he does bring out his compassion at the end.
It has always amazed me at the amount of alcoholic beverage he consumes in one little book and the great variety of said beverages.
Monica Nolan
Turns out I've read it before. But like an old Perry Mason episode, I couldn't remember whodunit. This is the Maigret where at one point his bistro breakfast is a glass of white wine, a menu I tried a few months ago, although I added a croissant.
ilaria
Per la prima volta mi leggo un Simenon e conosco il commissario Maigret con un libro comprato usato un paio di anni fa e rimasto lì a prendere polvere sullo scaffale. E mi chiedo perché non l'ho letto prima.
Probabilmente non ci sono attinenze letterarie e sicuramente non ce ne sono geografiche, ma questo romanzo mi ha portato alla mente i mila e mila gialli di Agatha Christie letti da ragazzina. Sarà la presenza di un protagonista investigatore che interroga, pensa, ragiona, sarà il periodo sto
alessandra falca
Maigret vive per una settimana circa da un'affittacamere e improvvisamente gli abitanti della pensione si disvelano nella loro tristezza, monotonia, follia. As usual, non è importante chi uccide chi ma il perchè.La malinconia, il grigiore, la piega che può prendere una vita. I colori come al solito sono netti. Il giallo sbiadito del vino bianco e la fuliggine del quartiere. Grande Maigret, da leggere.
Concha Marcos
Un Inspector Maigret mas humano que nunca que nos deleita con los dialogos que mantiene con cada uno de los personajes y donde lo mas importante es descubrir la verdad de cada uno y no el final.
Raul
Entretenido libro de Maigret. Aquí Simenon desarrolla toda su habilidad para describir un misterio en una pensión de Paris.
Will
Will marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Tim Robinson
Tim Robinson marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Karen
Karen is currently reading it
Jul 28, 2015
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Estelle
Estelle marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Shani
Shani marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Chris Jackson
Chris Jackson marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
J.
J. marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Emil Ferrari
Emil Ferrari marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Julita
Julita marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Val
Val added it
Apr 30, 2015
Borja Eugui
Borja Eugui marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Tommy Verhaegen
Tommy Verhaegen marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
  • Ad occhi chiusi
  • I ragazzi del massacro (Duca Lamberti, #3)
  • Have Mercy on Us All (Commissaire Adamsberg, #4)
  • Morte a Firenze
  • Il gioco degli specchi
  • Kismet
  • Περαίωση (Η Τριλογία της Κρίσεως, #2 )
  • Il centravanti è stato assassinato verso sera
  • Total Chaos
  • Crimini
  • Death-Watch (Dr. Gideon Fell, #5)
Simenon was one of the most prolific writers of the twentieth century, capable of writing 60 to 80 pages per day. His oeuvre includes nearly 200 novels, over 150 novellas, several autobiographical works, numerous articles, and scores of pulp novels written under more than two dozen pseudonyms. Altogether, about 550 million copies of his works have been printed.

He is best known, however, for his 75
More about Georges Simenon...

Maigret (1 - 10 of 74 books)
  • Pietr the Latvian (Maigret, #1)
  • The Carter of 'La Providence' (Maigret, #2)
  • The Late Monsieur Gallet (Maigret, #3)
  • The Hanged Man of Saint-Pholien (Maigret, #4)
  • A Man's Head
  • The Yellow Dog
  • The Night at the Crossroads
  • A Crime in Holland
  • The Grand Banks Café
  • The Dancer at the Gai-Moulin
Dirty Snow The Man Who Watched Trains Go By The Yellow Dog Pietr the Latvian (Maigret, #1) The Strangers in the House