Start by marking “Maigret e l'affittacamere” as Want to Read:
Maigret e l'affittacamere

Maigret e l'affittacamere (Maigret #37)

A tutta prima aveva creduto che fosse un po' svitata. Ora si chiedeva se quella esuberanza non fosse dovuta al fatto che lei recitava, non solo per ingannarlo, non solo per nascondergli qualcosa, ma per il puro piacere di interpretare un ruolo. «Si diverte molto, signorina Clément?». «Mi diverto sempre, commissario». Questa volta lo guardò con tutto il suo ritrovato candor ...more
Paperback, Gli Adelphi - Le Inchieste di Maigret, 164 pages
Published October 1st 2002 by Adelphi (first published 1951)

To ask other readers questions about Maigret e l'affittacamere, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maigret e l'affittacamere

Richard
Madame Maigret is away from Paris due to a family emergency; leaving her husband at a loss. He has no real case to keep his focus and he appears aimless and out of step with a bachelor existence.
Paris however seems full of temptations but before he succumbs to eating snails the tragic shooting of Janvier brings him work. His detective was working a case of a robbery and on surveilance when he took a bullet in the chest, standing outside the rooming house where the suspect lived.
This is a common
John Frankham
May 17, 2017 John Frankham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-detective
Simenon delivers again.

Young Inspector Janvier is shot, in the dark, in Montparnasse when he lights a cigarette. Maigret's wife is away with her sister, so he takes a room in the seedy lodging house close to the shooting, eases himself into the lives of the residents to enable him to understand the characters, their driving forces and struggles, and thence tries to solve the crime.

Simenon at his humane best, describing the struggling poor, both downtrodden and aspirational. Some genteel, fightin
Ivonne Rovira
May 14, 2017 Ivonne Rovira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspector Janvier is shot — nearly fatally — while on a stakeout, and Chief Inspector Maigret takes over the investigation in order to capture the would-be cop killer. Telling you any more would spoil the adventure, but I do want to say that Georges Simenon imbues this novel, the 37th in the series, with even more nuance this usual. I just loved it.
Tony
Jul 21, 2016 Tony rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Grade = 85% - B

I was first made aware of Georges Simenon's Inspector Maigret more than 25 years ago at a Jeopardy Audition in Atlantic City, though I have never read any until this one.

Confession: I am a Hoarder - especially a BOOK Hoarder. I put books away for future reading and then forget about them for decades.

This book, however, broke me into new territory. I had a half dozen other unread Maigrets, and as soon as I finished this one I started donating them to thrift shops and libraries
Bruce
Sep 09, 2012 Bruce rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The title of this book is often translated as Maigret Takes a Room.

Inspector Maigret is alone and bored. Mme Maigret is out of Paris tending her convalescing sister, nothing exciting is happening at work, and he is spending an evening stopping at a bar, going to a movie, wandering the streets, and avoiding going home. Things change suddenly when one of his men is shot. Taking over the assignment of the injured man, Maigret moves into the lodgings where a robbery has occurred, outside of which th
Swissmiss
May 24, 2010 Swissmiss rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't really know this detective series, although I'm aware it's quite famous. It took me two goes to get into it. The first time round, I was confused by the way the narrative meanders around a bit before getting to the point of the story. Or maybe it's that I was expected to know who the main characters were already. Once I'd gotten far enough in to figure out what was going on, I went back and re-read from the beginning, and this time I could really appreciate the story-telling, the atmosph ...more
ilaria
Oct 30, 2011 ilaria rated it really liked it
Per la prima volta mi leggo un Simenon e conosco il commissario Maigret con un libro comprato usato un paio di anni fa e rimasto lì a prendere polvere sullo scaffale. E mi chiedo perché non l'ho letto prima.
Probabilmente non ci sono attinenze letterarie e sicuramente non ce ne sono geografiche, ma questo romanzo mi ha portato alla mente i mila e mila gialli di Agatha Christie letti da ragazzina. Sarà la presenza di un protagonista investigatore che interroga, pensa, ragiona, sarà il periodo sto
John
Jul 30, 2015 John rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another very atmospheric tale from the master. As usual Maigret hangs around with the people involved, drinks and eats with them, watches them, talks to them, listens to them, gets to know them and gradually works out what's gone on. While this is happening, the reader is right in Maigret's head.

For me, with these stories, the journey is more important than the destination. Top notch! I don't think this man could have written a bad book if he tried.
alessandra falca
Feb 08, 2012 alessandra falca rated it liked it
Maigret vive per una settimana circa da un'affittacamere e improvvisamente gli abitanti della pensione si disvelano nella loro tristezza, monotonia, follia. As usual, non è importante chi uccide chi ma il perchè.La malinconia, il grigiore, la piega che può prendere una vita. I colori come al solito sono netti. Il giallo sbiadito del vino bianco e la fuliggine del quartiere. Grande Maigret, da leggere.
Steve
Oct 14, 2014 Steve rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
another brain teaser whodunit starring Maigret.he is loved but not very lovable.
he does bring out his compassion at the end.
It has always amazed me at the amount of alcoholic beverage he consumes in one little book and the great variety of said beverages.
Monica Nolan
Turns out I've read it before. But like an old Perry Mason episode, I couldn't remember whodunit. This is the Maigret where at one point his bistro breakfast is a glass of white wine, a menu I tried a few months ago, although I added a croissant.
Raul
Jan 02, 2013 Raul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entretenido libro de Maigret. Aquí Simenon desarrolla toda su habilidad para describir un misterio en una pensión de Paris.
Concha Marcos
Apr 23, 2013 Concha Marcos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un Inspector Maigret mas humano que nunca que nos deleita con los dialogos que mantiene con cada uno de los personajes y donde lo mas importante es descubrir la verdad de cada uno y no el final.
Wendy
Wendy rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2012
Diabolika
Diabolika rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2014
Georg
Georg rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2012
Kerstin
Kerstin rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2011
Fabrice Maciel
Fabrice Maciel rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2014
Juan Pablo
Juan Pablo rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2015
Connie
Connie rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2012
Marco Pesce
Marco Pesce rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Bee Booker
Bee Booker rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2014
Ginny_1807
Ginny_1807 rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2012
Rieke
Rieke rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2014
Lucft
Lucft rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2015
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2013
Damian Kelly
Damian Kelly rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Mick Scheinin
Mick Scheinin rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Rux Sta
Rux Sta rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2015
Liliana
Liliana rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • I delitti di via Medina-Sidonia
  • Have Mercy on Us All (Commissaire Adamsberg, #4)
  • I ragazzi del massacro (Duca Lamberti, #3)
  • Ad occhi chiusi
  • Kismet
  • Περαίωση (Η Τριλογία της Κρίσεως, #2)
  • Una brutta faccenda
  • Murder in the Central Committee
  • Justiz
  • Falange armata
  • Hammett
  • The Winter Murder Case (A Philo Vance Mystery #12)
  • Gorilla blues
  • La paura di Montalbano
  • The Discrete Charm of Charlie Monk
Simenon was one of the most prolific writers of the twentieth century, capable of writing 60 to 80 pages per day. His oeuvre includes nearly 200 novels, over 150 novellas, several autobiographical works, numerous articles, and scores of pulp novels written under more than two dozen pseudonyms. Altogether, about 550 million copies of his works have been printed.

He is best known, however, for his 75
More about Georges Simenon...

Maigret (1 - 10 of 75 books)
  • Pietr the Latvian (Maigret, #1)
  • The Carter of 'La Providence' (Maigret, #2)
  • The Late Monsieur Gallet (Maigret, #3)
  • The Hanged Man of Saint-Pholien (Maigret, #4)
  • A Man's Head (Maigret #5)
  • The Yellow Dog (Maigret #6)
  • The Night at the Crossroads (Maigret #7)
  • A Crime in Holland (Maigret #8)
  • The Grand Banks Café (Maigret, #9)
  • The Dancer at the Gai-Moulin (Maigret #10)