Start by marking “Metallica Unbound” as Want to Read:
Metallica Unbound

Metallica Unbound

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  75 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Written by a noted hard rock journalist who has covered the band since its inception 10 years ago, this one-of-a-kind, full-color collectors' volume provides the most in-depth information on the band available anywhere. Rare and never-before-published photos. Complete discography.
Published December 14th 2008 by Warner Books (first published August 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Metallica Unbound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Metallica Unbound

Jeff
Apr 18, 2016 Jeff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who love music bios as well as the music.
Recommended to Jeff by: Discovered it on my own.

1st Read: April 21, 1996 - April 27, 1996

The monster that once ruled the metal world has a name. It called itself....Metallica! Yes, they are still around and putting on shows, selling out venues whilst traveling the world to perform for thousands on an almost nightly basis. Somehow it is just not the same.

I ask myself if I still love the band and its music once in awhile. They started losing me in between the Black album and Load. For me, it is the first four albums - the blood and guts of
Jamie Hicks
Jan 24, 2015 Jamie Hicks rated it really liked it
For die hard fans only. In depth details of the early years, the '80's era Metallica. The best years in my opinion. Lots of details about Cliff who was always a favorite - being a bass player myself. Also some great Mustaine era highlights as well. Hit the Liiiiiiights!!!!!!
Tim
Jul 14, 2015 Tim rated it really liked it
I got this book from my sister, back in eh... 1994, I reckon. Not sure anymore. Anyway, at the time I was a massive Metallica fan, they were my Metal gods, so to speak. And so it was interesting to read about their career until the early 1990s. Yes, this book came out a few years before the band changed their image and style that lead to Load and Reload.

The book has glossy pages, lots of very beautiful photos and well-written stories. Recommended for any 'tallica fan, without question!
♡Patty
May 25, 2015 ♡Patty rated it it was amazing
I feel I enjoyed the pix in this book more than what I read. It's cool they added photos but I'm not sure what the author wanted to do with it? It could've been more better written & more detailed. But the pix were great, yes. Had many of the awesome late bassist Cliff Burton.
Nycdreamin
Feb 20, 2010 Nycdreamin rated it liked it
There was a time when I was a devout Metallica fan. That was many years and several crappy CD's ago. But this is a pretty good book, going back to the origins of the band and tracing their rise to superstardom up through 1993, about the time they ceased to mean anything to me. Filled with tons of rare old Cliff Burton-era photos and concert ads and flyers from their early days, it is at least a very visually appealing book.
Ciaran
Jul 31, 2008 Ciaran rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Michelle & Colm Coyne
Read this book when it came out - 15 years ago - I know I loved it at the time - not sure what I'd think of it now though.
Casey Comacho
May 14, 2012 Casey Comacho rated it it was amazing
METALLI'fuckin'CA...'nuff said.
Christopher
Christopher rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2016
shane kenny
shane kenny is currently reading it
Jun 19, 2016
Zane
Zane rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2016
Kay
Kay added it
Apr 30, 2016
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Kris
Kris rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2016
Angela DeSilva
Angela DeSilva marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
James Joyner
James Joyner rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
John Sheridan
John Sheridan rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2016
Marco
Marco rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Ambient
Ambient marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Vinter Skugga
Vinter Skugga rated it it was ok
Aug 25, 2015
Rob Schultz
Rob Schultz rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Joshua Bishop
Joshua Bishop rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Marcelo
Marcelo marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
EVAMAE MONTENEGRO
EVAMAE MONTENEGRO marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Rob Trainor
Rob Trainor rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2015