Start by marking “The PCOS Diet Plan: A Natural Approach to Health for Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome” as Want to Read:

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is the most common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age, and if left unchecked, is linked to serious health issues like infertility, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and endometrial cancer. In this groundbreaking book, registered dietitian Hillary Wright explains this increasingly diagnosed disorder and introduces the holistic symptom- ...more
Published November 9th 2010 by Celestial Arts

To ask other readers questions about The PCOS Diet Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The PCOS Diet Plan

☕Ava Brightly (aka Bee)
Easy to read and digest (har, har, I said "digest") Excellent comprehensive starting place for those who still think PCOS is a cell phone company (warning! SPOILER: its not).

Too many Americans get stuck in the get-rich-quick, drive-thru, diet-fad, pop-a-pill, botox-cement-your-eyebrows mentality when it comes to their life. This book is not an easy fix guide. It is practicality: diet, hormones, supplements, exercise, and a plan.

Its one thing to get all this valuable info but most wont implement
Jordan Wagge
This is a good book for people who don't know about their PCOS and know very little about nutrition and health. It would be an excellent starting point.

I have spent the past few years absorbing any information I could about nutrition (although at times this has had little behavioral impact, I have made some really significant changes to my diet and lifestyle). Wright's book was my first exposure to nutritional information specifically for PCOS women, although there is a lot of information out th
Dominique Schoon Krog
This book has changed my life, and I don't say this lightly. For the first time since I've been diagnosed with PCOS, 13 years ago, I finally understand what my body has been going through, and subsequently why I've been struggling with my weight, infertility and some of the other confusing PCOS symptoms. If any doctor I'v ever been to, had given me half this info, my 20's would have been very different.

Very grateful that I found this book.
Becca
Really good information. The supplement and exercise section was especially enlightening. Loved that the author encouraged change, not perfection.
Beth
Short version: Keep a healthy, whole foods diet. Watch your carb intake, sodium, and sugar. Exercise. The book was good but what I've already come across.
Danielle Taylor
Found the information up to date and useful. Diet goes along with what I've heard about PCOS since I was diagnosed 11 years ago. I wanted more meal plans, but it does give a good place to start. Another good one for the PCOS library. Added advantage of reading through my ereader, clickable resources.
Danielle
Great resource for women with PCOS who are looking to get control of their health. Generally speaking, this is a great resource for any woman looking to understand how her body works and how to become the healthiest she can be. Highly recommend.
Ariella Waddell
Good starter guide for the newly diagnosed.
Kelly
Very informative and easy to understand. Definitely recommend!
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Victoria
Victoria is currently reading it
Apr 26, 2015
Sarah Derosier
Sarah Derosier marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Savilla White
Savilla White marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Aurelie Bigot
Aurelie Bigot is currently reading it
Apr 05, 2015
Sandra Reynolds
Sandra Reynolds marked it as to-read
Susan
Susan is currently reading it
Salwa Smz
Salwa Smz marked it as to-read
Beth
Beth is currently reading it
Mar 21, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Yolanda Morris
Yolanda Morris marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Wendy
Wendy is currently reading it
Feb 18, 2015
Ravinna
Ravinna marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Ksenia
Ksenia marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Cassandra Ely
Cassandra Ely is currently reading it
Feb 13, 2015
Supriya Pawar
Supriya Pawar marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Ultimate PCOS Handbook: Lose Weight, Boost Fertility, Clear Skin and Restore Self-Esteem
  • A Patient's Guide to PCOS: Understanding--and Reversing--Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
  • The Fertility Diet
  • Our Bodies, Ourselves: Pregnancy and Birth
  • The Mother of all Pregnancy Books
  • Chocolate & Vicodin: My Quest for Relief from the Headache that Wouldn't Go Away
  • Yoga for Pain Relief: Simple Practices to Calm Your Mind and Heal Your Chronic Pain
  • My Sweet Saga
  • Bone Worship
  • So That's What They're For!: The Definitive Breastfeeding Guide
  • The Wholesome Baby Food Guide: Over 150 Easy, Delicious, and Healthy Recipes from Purees to Solids
  • The Body Broken: A Memoir
  • All in My Head: An Epic Quest to Cure an Unrelenting, Totally Unreasonable, and Only Slightly Enlightening Headache
  • An Unlawful Order
  • A Brain Wider Than the Sky: A Migraine Diary
  • The Good Girl's Guide to Great Sex: (And You Thought Bad Girls Have All the Fun)
  • Think Like a Pancreas: A Practical Guide to Managing Diabetes with Insulin
  • Dead Is the New Black (Fashion Avenue Mysteries, #1)
The PCOS Diet Plan: A Natural Approach to Health for Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome The Prediabetes Diet Plan: How to Reverse Prediabetes and Prevent Diabetes through Healthy Eating and Exercise The PCOS Diet Plan: A Natural Approach to Health for Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Prediabetes Diet Plan: How to Reverse Prediabetes and Prevent Diabetes Through Healthy Eating and Exercise