Start by marking “The PCOS Diet Plan: A Natural Approach to Health for Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome” as Want to Read:

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  86 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is the most common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age, and if left unchecked, is linked to serious health issues like infertility, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and endometrial cancer. In this groundbreaking book, registered dietitian Hillary Wright explains this increasingly diagnosed disorder and introduces the holistic symptom- ...more
Published November 9th 2010 by Celestial Arts

To ask other readers questions about The PCOS Diet Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The PCOS Diet Plan

Ava Brightly ☕
Apr 07, 2015 Ava Brightly ☕ rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Easy to read and digest (har, har, I said "digest") Excellent comprehensive starting place for those who still think PCOS is a cell phone company (warning! SPOILER: its not).

Too many Americans get stuck in the get-rich-quick, drive-thru, diet-fad, pop-a-pill, botox-cement-your-eyebrows mentality when it comes to their life. This book is not an easy fix guide. It is practicality: diet, hormones, supplements, exercise, and a plan.

Its one thing to get all this valuable info but most wont implement
Jordan Wagge
Jul 19, 2012 Jordan Wagge rated it liked it
This is a good book for people who don't know about their PCOS and know very little about nutrition and health. It would be an excellent starting point.

I have spent the past few years absorbing any information I could about nutrition (although at times this has had little behavioral impact, I have made some really significant changes to my diet and lifestyle). Wright's book was my first exposure to nutritional information specifically for PCOS women, although there is a lot of information out th
Dominique Schoon Krog
Feb 10, 2013 Dominique Schoon Krog rated it it was amazing
This book has changed my life, and I don't say this lightly. For the first time since I've been diagnosed with PCOS, 13 years ago, I finally understand what my body has been going through, and subsequently why I've been struggling with my weight, infertility and some of the other confusing PCOS symptoms. If any doctor I'v ever been to, had given me half this info, my 20's would have been very different.

Very grateful that I found this book.
Becca
Jan 01, 2015 Becca rated it really liked it
Really good information. The supplement and exercise section was especially enlightening. Loved that the author encouraged change, not perfection.
Beth
Jun 02, 2014 Beth rated it liked it
Short version: Keep a healthy, whole foods diet. Watch your carb intake, sodium, and sugar. Exercise. The book was good but what I've already come across.
Ss
Mar 10, 2016 Ss marked it as to-read
hg
Danielle Taylor
Apr 20, 2012 Danielle Taylor rated it liked it
Found the information up to date and useful. Diet goes along with what I've heard about PCOS since I was diagnosed 11 years ago. I wanted more meal plans, but it does give a good place to start. Another good one for the PCOS library. Added advantage of reading through my ereader, clickable resources.
Jul 16, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
I didn't read every chapter in the book, but I thought the sections on carbohydrate counting/exchanges were really useful. I think it sets things up well to be able to develop my own meal plans with the level of control and detailed counting that I'm comfortable with.
Danielle
Sep 07, 2011 Danielle rated it really liked it
Great resource for women with PCOS who are looking to get control of their health. Generally speaking, this is a great resource for any woman looking to understand how her body works and how to become the healthiest she can be. Highly recommend.
Ariella Waddell
Jan 01, 2014 Ariella Waddell rated it really liked it
Good starter guide for the newly diagnosed.
Kelly
Sep 13, 2011 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Very informative and easy to understand. Definitely recommend!
Brittany Payne
Brittany Payne marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Megan
Megan added it
Aug 01, 2016
Lacey Wallace
Lacey Wallace marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2016
Laura added it
Jul 28, 2016
Hannah Gough
Hannah Gough marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Kristi
Kristi marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Elissa
Elissa marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Supriya Sinha
Supriya Sinha marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Kamla Rajani
Kamla Rajani marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Diane Giacomozzi
Diane Giacomozzi is currently reading it
Jul 15, 2016
Ash  Leafgirl
Ash Leafgirl marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Subrata Saha
Subrata Saha marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Madhuri
Madhuri marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Erin Russo
Erin Russo marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Tisha Thomas
Tisha Thomas marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • A Patient's Guide to PCOS: Understanding--and Reversing--Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
  • The Fertility Diet
  • The Ultimate PCOS Handbook: Lose Weight, Boost Fertility, Clear Skin and Restore Self-Esteem
  • The Healthy Pregnancy Book: Month by Month, Everything You Need to Know from America's Baby Experts
  • Our Bodies, Ourselves: Pregnancy and Birth
  • The Mother of all Pregnancy Books
  • Chocolate & Vicodin: My Quest for Relief from the Headache that Wouldn't Go Away
  • Yoga for Pain Relief: Simple Practices to Calm Your Mind and Heal Your Chronic Pain
  • My Sweet Saga
  • Bone Worship
  • So That's What They're For!: The Definitive Breastfeeding Guide
  • Turn Up the Heat: A Couples Guide to Sexual Intimacy
  • An Unlawful Order
  • The Wholesome Baby Food Guide: Over 150 Easy, Delicious, and Healthy Recipes from Purees to Solids
  • All in My Head: An Epic Quest to Cure an Unrelenting, Totally Unreasonable, and Only Slightly Enlightening Headache
  • Think Like a Pancreas: A Practical Guide to Managing Diabetes with Insulin
  • A Brain Wider Than the Sky: A Migraine Diary
  • David Sedaris: Live at Carnegie Hall/Live for Your Listening Pleasure (Audio CD)