3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is the most common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age, and if left unchecked, is linked to serious health issues like infertility, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and endometrial cancer. In this groundbreaking book, registered dietitian Hillary Wright explains this increasingly diagnosed disorder and introduces the holistic symptom-...more
Published November 9th 2010 by Celestial Arts

Bεε
Easy to read and digest (har, har, I said "digest") Excellent comprehensive starting place for those who still think PCOS is a cell phone company (warning! SPOILER: its not).

Too many Americans get stuck in the get-rich-quick, drive-thru, diet-fad, pop-a-pill, botox-cement-your-eyebrows mentality when it comes to their life. This book is not an easy fix guide. It is practicality: diet, hormones, supplements, exercise, and a plan.

Its one thing to get all this valuable info but most wont implement...more
Jordan Wagge
This is a good book for people who don't know about their PCOS and know very little about nutrition and health. It would be an excellent starting point.

I have spent the past few years absorbing any information I could about nutrition (although at times this has had little behavioral impact, I have made some really significant changes to my diet and lifestyle). Wright's book was my first exposure to nutritional information specifically for PCOS women, although there is a lot of information out th...more
Dominique Schoon Krog
This book has changed my life, and I don't say this lightly. For the first time since I've been diagnosed with PCOS, 13 years ago, I finally understand what my body has been going through, and subsequently why I've been struggling with my weight, infertility and some of the other confusing PCOS symptoms. If any doctor I'v ever been to, had given me half this info, my 20's would have been very different.

Very grateful that I found this book.
Beth
Short version: Keep a healthy, whole foods diet. Watch your carb intake, sodium, and sugar. Exercise. The book was good but what I've already come across.
Danielle Taylor
Found the information up to date and useful. Diet goes along with what I've heard about PCOS since I was diagnosed 11 years ago. I wanted more meal plans, but it does give a good place to start. Another good one for the PCOS library. Added advantage of reading through my ereader, clickable resources.
Danielle
Great resource for women with PCOS who are looking to get control of their health. Generally speaking, this is a great resource for any woman looking to understand how her body works and how to become the healthiest she can be. Highly recommend.
Ariella Waddell
Good starter guide for the newly diagnosed.
Kelly
Very informative and easy to understand. Definitely recommend!
Sumedha
Sumedha marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Srini
Srini marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Sayuri Espinoza
Sayuri Espinoza marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Ladeana West
Ladeana West marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Alisha
Alisha added it
Jul 02, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Melissa
Melissa is currently reading it
Jun 27, 2014
Nancy
Nancy is currently reading it
Jun 12, 2014
Meghna
Meghna marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Anitha
Anitha marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Maya
Maya marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Jewella Jarrett
Jewella Jarrett marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Camryn Coughlan
Camryn Coughlan marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Lilit
Lilit added it
May 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The PCOS Diet Plan: A Natural Approach to Health for Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome The Prediabetes Diet Plan: How to Reverse Prediabetes and Prevent Diabetes through Healthy Eating and Exercise The PCOS Diet Plan: A Natural Approach to Health for Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome The Prediabetes Diet Plan: How to Reverse Prediabetes and Prevent Diabetes Through Healthy Eating and Exercise