Start by marking “Lezioni di scrittura creativa. Un manuale di tecnica ed esercizi della più grande scuola di formazione americana” as Want to Read:

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  790 ratings  ·  72 reviews
Questo manuale presenta le lezioni teoriche del Gotham Writers’ Workshop, la principale scuola di scrittura creativa americana, unite a una serie di esercizi di scrittura e di analisi di brani letterari raccolti dalle opere di Carver, Hemingway, Scott Fitzgerald e altri grandi scrittori. Frutto di un’esperienza decennale con allievi di tutto il mondo, è il “libro di testo” ...more
Paperback, Manuali di script #75 , 160 pages
Published 2006 by Audino (first published 2003)

Be the first to ask a question about Lezioni di scrittura creativa. Un manuale di tecnica ed esercizi della più grande scuola di formazione americana

LAnn
When I expected a book for writing, I expected a long list of tedious grammar rules and endless lectures about good versus bad, great versus crap, good versus evil - the writing guide cliches. Instead, this writer's guide touches on anything and anything there really is about writing, from characters to story to plot development to publishing. Even formatting a manuscript can be found hidden in these pages.

This writer's guide takes the reader from the normal typed nonsense of a guide with no bre
Holly
This book is wonderful. It's filled with so much useful information. I found it very unique that each chapter was written by a different person.

It has everything; from characters, to setting, to finding a voice. Maybe the most helpful chapter of all is the last one. It gives you tips on everything from magazines that publish short stories, to finding an agent. It even gives you sample query letters for both short story and a novel.

Throughout the book there are also exercises you can do to pract
Rebecca Graf
If you want to be a writer, you need to realize that there is a certain degree of having the gift of writing and a certain amount of knowledge that needs to be learned. The part you learn helps you fine tune the gift and improve what you are already good at. Gotham Writer’s Workshop: Writing Fiction is a book to do just that.

This is a non-fiction book that is designed to help you as a writer improve on your art. Chapters cover characters, plots, descriptions, dialogue, setting, voice, pace, them
Irs
Como no es un libro de ficción, sino didáctico, lo llevo leyendo desde el verano pasado sin mucha continuidad. Es muy útil tanto para los que sientan curiosidad por el mundillo de la narrativa como para los que se estén planteando ejercer como escritores de forma profesional. En todo caso, tiene material muy interesante al que conviene echar un vistazo, ya sea por curiosidad o diversión o como planteamiento inicial para una carrera literaria.
Danae
Muy revelador para la lectura y la escritura.
Hay que leérselo a conciencia eso sí para que sirva de algo.
David
This book is ok for anyone who likes writing. It gives a lot of samples from other writers with their styles and whatnot. But I'm sure it will fill a person's head with a whole lot of shit to the point of them not doing what they want.

It's ok to write junk. I'm still writing junk. If I write this shit forever, I'm good. Books like this get people scared and then bend them over and teach them to write like Papa. This book is like a story of a person who is on a ship with a violent bully who take
Jakefan Efp
Davvero carino. Non gli ho messo le quattro stelle perché in certi punti non sono d'accordo e in certi altri mi pare un po' tirato via; ho anche l'impressione che non tutti i contributori siano allo stesso livello. Comunque lo consiglierei sicuramente per iniziare. E' un buon primo manuale di scrittura creativa perché tocca tutti i basics di tutti i principali argomenti, si può leggere prima di passare a roba più spessa e non mi dispiacciono gli esercizi proposti.
Include un capitolo finale sulla
Phil Giunta
After publishing my first novel, I wanted to achieve a deeper understanding of writing fiction. You never stop learning, no matter your stature as a writer. This book is very informative and has helped to make the outline and first draft of my second novel much stronger. There are wonderful exercises and great explanations and examples for such topics as character, dialogue, POV, plot, story and the sometime nebulous theme. I would recommend this book as invaluable asset to all those looking to ...more
Nascha
It took me awhile to actually sit down and read this book from beginning to end. Oh, I started it a few times, but I think I was overwhelmed by the wealth of advice it gives and at the time I was procrastinating on some of the stuff I'd been writing.

Nevertheless, I was very pleased with this book. I think it's an excellent guide to the nuts and bolts of writing fiction. It's definitely a book I'll be returning to again and again. I highly recommend it.
Dee Waite
I think out of all of my self-help books on writing, this has to be the most treasured. This book just works for me. I love the simple approach, explanations, examples, and advice. It all makes sense to me when I read this book - so, as you can guess, I read it often. I've only had it about three months, but it already looks like it's at least two years old and used regularly. You can't go wrong here.
LATOYA SAUNDERS
Easy to read and understand. Informational. I'd recommend this to anyone interested in improving their creative writing.
Ishtar
Maravilloso, práctico, indispensable. Si escribes o quieres hacerlo este libro no puede faltar bien cerca de tu mesa de trabajo. Yo desde luego pienso releerlo mucho y seguramente me haga con la edición en papel para poder trastearlo físicamente, pero su versión digital me ha dado una gran sorpresa. Muy bien dividido en secciones, con muchos ejercicios de lo más útil.
Allison
This was a recommendation of a writer I respect a lot, to read during my own editing process. While you can't expect any book like this to have entirely shocking, new advice you've never thought of before, this guide covers a ton of ground in a practical yet thoughtful, nuts-and-bolts kinda way. In particular, I appreciated the obvious thought that went into the book's structure--it's divided by item, like dialogue vs. character development vs. structuring a plot, so you can focus in on one aspe ...more
MB
Every once in a while, I'll pull this out and reread all or part of it. It gets me into a writing mode, and it broadens my creative thinking. I really like the non-stuffy tone it's written in, and it's one of those books I can pick up, turn to a random page and find a little gem of information or an exercise that I need at the moment.
Mike
One of the pull quotes on the cover of this book (from a review in The Writer) says: "Explains all the basics of writing fiction in a simple, easy-to-understand manner." That's an excellent summary.

For a beginning writer, this will be tremendously valuable as an introduction to the important factors you need to consider when writing fiction: character, plot, point of view, description, dialogue, setting, pacing, voice, theme, and revision. (There's a closing chapter on the business of writing,
kceyagi
I really enjoyed this book about writing. I read it from the beginning and straight through doing all of the exercises except the ones in the very last chapter when it talked about contacting agents. This book is a really good primer for beginning writers and also writers may know the basics already, and need a refresher. The fact that some of the advice/lessons offered in this book echoed what I learned in some writing classes I've taken is proof that this book is legit. Def recommend to folks ...more
Bernie Gourley
This workbook-style guide to writing fiction is put out by the well-known New York City creative writing school. With 11 chapters, it delivers lessons on all the elements of fiction including: character development, plotting, establishing point of view, honing description, building realistic dialogue, varying pacing, establishing voice, determining a work’s theme, and carrying out revisions. It also has a chapter that goes into the business of writing (as opposed to the craft of writing which is ...more
Dexter
It really is a very good book on writing. Some of it's just silly (even my fiction teacher says so), but a lot of it is useful, and it can definitely serve as a good checklist/guide/reference when writing. Whether you have questions/doubts on things like setting or dialogue or if you're uncertain what to do with something once you've finished it, this book can probably tell you something.

But I still believe that there's not always a wrong or right way to write, and this book actually says that t
Readitnweep
An excellent, organized book that clarifies how to tell your stories and why certain things should be considered, such as character, conflict and theme. Rather than just telling you to do something, this book tells you why and displays examples. It's easy to use repeatedly as a reference and includes checklists of things to look at in your writing.

As with any other book on the process of writing, the reader has to filter what he or she will find helpful; using questionnaires to develop character
Joshua Novalis
Sep 28, 2011 Joshua Novalis rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: English Students, Writers
Recommended to Joshua by: Dr. Jody Nusholtz
An excellent primer to the world of Creative Writing! Each chapter is written by a different GWW teacher, and covers a different element of fiction(Character, Plot, Description, Theme, Voice, etc.). These chapters are informative, entertaining, and from the perspective of actual writers, giving it life. The book does a fantastic job of demonstrating what makes fiction good, and the key concepts that an aspiring writer should adhere to as they dive into the rabbit hole of fiction.

The first half o
Trevor
Best nuts-and-bolts book on the craft of fiction that I have ever read. Most books like these end up being "How To" guides, formulaic, gimmicky or pragmatic but GWW: Writing Fiction avoids these pitfalls. At the same time, it isn't like other books which just aim to inspire or commiserate you. Some really good practical takeaways here.
Kate
Is good for conveying the nuances of artistic style. It was easy to read and understand.. And have also excellent writing exercises. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has desire to write. In addition i think that it's not only for writing fiction, you can applies to all genre with a tiny effort.
Keren Verna
Estará en mi lista de libros de cabecera, en esos que cada vuelvo para aprender cosas nuevas. Y sobre todo, alejado de los libros que nos terminan minando la autoestima, esta obra nos alienta a seguir escribiendo. Cuando leía un capítulo, incluso a mitad de él, cerraba el libro y escribía. Fue un libro que me llenó de energía creativa.

E.A. Lake
Remember as you read, this is their take on how to write fiction. You don't have to follow every rule - and you shouldn't either.

Excellent resource for all writers, you and old.

Plot, POV, characters, settings...If you have questions, this guide will help.

Amar
An excellent book on the craft of writing fiction. Much more useful, in my opinion, than John Gardners' famed The Art of Fiction, or than Stephen King's On Writing.
Zac
A nice, easy to read instructional book for writers. Each chapter is a different lesson taught by a different author. I felt that it got my gears moving and provided clear insights into such topics as character, plot, dialogue, theme, and point of view. The book provides plenty of easy to follow examples from many well known classics as well as a short story found in the appendix. There are plenty of writing exercises along the way, but found it just as effective on the days where I only felt l ...more
Johnna  Gurgel
- An awesome overview to elements of fiction writing broken up in manageable bites
- Information is simplistic and yet powerful
Laurel
So in short, Gotham's Writing Fiction is really excellent.

Seriously.

What I think excels in this book above other standards (though Writing Fiction for Dummies is actually really great, too) is its explanations of the examples it provides. They break down everything from similes to the necessity of plot points and give examples of good similes and similes that you wish you could burn.

I definitely suggest this book just as the added bonus on how to fiction and how to fiction well without purpling
Francisco Becerra
My second book on creative writing, it adds more depht to the basics learnt with Novakovich's book.
Chris
An insightful and interesting read. Mostly reinforces what you already know, but with great examples and activities to engage on another level. A great resource.
Goodreads Librari...: Set as foreign-language editions 5 25 Oct 17, 2014 07:35AM
  • Fiction Writer's Workshop
  • Robert's Rules of Writing: 101 Unconventional Lessons Every Writer Needs to Know
  • The Write-Brain Workbook
  • The Writer's Idea Book
  • Your First Novel: A Published Author and a Top Agent Share the Keys to Achieving Your Dream
  • The Plot Thickens: 8 Ways to Bring Fiction to Life
  • What Would Your Character Do?: Personality Quizzes for Analyzing Your Characters
  • Description & Setting
  • The 3 A.M. Epiphany: Uncommon Writing Exercises That Transform Your Fiction
  • The Modern Library Writer's Workshop: A Guide to the Craft of Fiction
  • Room to Write: Daily Invitations to a Writer's Life
  • Dialogue: Techniques and exercises for crafting effective dialogue
  • The Writer's Guide to Character Traits: Includes Profiles of Human Behaviors and Personality Types
  • Naming the World: And Other Exercises for the Creative Writer
Writing Movies Moby Dog (Adventures of Wishbone, #10) Case of the Unsolved Case (Wishbone Mysteries, #13) Tale of the Missing Mascot (Wishbone Mysteries #4) The Last of the Breed (Adventures of Wishbone, #16)