Start by marking “Tempt Me at Midnight” as Want to Read:
Tempt Me at Midnight

Tempt Me at Midnight (The Wolf Pack #3)

4.52 of 5 stars 4.52  ·  rating details  ·  530 ratings  ·  38 reviews

Lexi Austin is living a fantasy. At the stroke of midnight, in the most romantic country in the world, a masked stranger sweeps her into his arms. But when the man turns out to be Quentin Reddick, Lexi's best friend since college, the celebrity chef knows she's in trouble. He may be the most irresistible man on the planet, but the powerhouse attorney is also the world's ha
Published December 1st 2010 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Tempt Me at Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempt Me at Midnight

Delaney Diamond
I'm so mad at Maureen Smith! She did it again: Roped me into an interesting story that I couldn't put down. How am I supposed to write my own stories when I'm busy reading hers? LOL.

This book is so awesome, I don't know where to begin.

First, let me just say, I absolutely loved the characters. Lexi Austin is a celebrity chef and is the type of heroine who is the perfect combination of vulnerability and strength. I was in her corner the whole time. She seems so sweet, and I empathized with her fr
Emmarae Smithy
I read a short story by Maureen Smith last week. Now I've read five of her books. I couldn't put them down, no matter how much reading and writing I have to do for school. I blame her completely for my recent insomnia. You know it’s bad when you’re using eye drops at 330 am because you ‘only’ have 150 more pages.

Nothing is better than a friends-to-lovers story, especially when one of them is a chef! I wish they'd cooked more, and wish there were more appearances from their other friends, but I g
Sasha G.
Absolutely LOVED this book.
Shonnie
I liked this book but I think because I finished A Touch of Heaven the day before I'm still stuck on how I finished that book with a smile on my face. It kept my attention better than Recipe for Temptation. I think I have to leave that book alone for a while then try and read it only because I don't think I should follow a book like A Touch of Heaven.

Overall a good story.
LillaLovesBooks
This was difficult to rate. I just read Recipe for Temptation (great book by the way and you should check it out before you read this one)and would have given it five stars if I hadn't thought the ending was somewhat rushed. So, instead I gave RFT four stars. This book however was just as good, but I think what made this a different read was that Lexi and Quentin had a way more emotional than comical story. I like how Maureen Smith's stories are realistic and not overly sappy. And despite the mo ...more
D.lee
OMG Quentin and Lexi's story was so awesome I don't have words. This is absolutely a MUST READ!! I rarely gush over a book, but I truly feel like gushing over this one!! Maybe its because I married my best friend too.

Quentin's feelings for Lexi were so strong, real and raw the leaped off the page and wrapped themselves around your heart. Its not often that you can actually feel all of the emotions in a story. Ms. Smith not only knocked out of the park with this story, but she sent it soaring thr
Naaz Summer
I went through the full series synopsis and i like this book most, so rather than going sequence in series i picked this one..
I really like writer style the best part is her hero's and there way of telling heroine how much she mean (specially sensual hot style on love scenes ) to him..

Overall very well written and executed book and BBF convert in lover is always fav plot .. only unconvincing part is they took almost 20 yrs (a broken marriage) to understand their attraction which writer tried t
Texas Diva
A longtime in the making...

Maureen Smith has done it again. Trials and tribulations of two best friends discovering a love of a lifetime. Quentin and Lexy are a perfect match. even if they're both clueless. Well done Ms. Smith. You never disappoint.
Danielle
I knew there was a good reason I fell in love with Quentin in Recipe for Temptation, and this book made me fall even deeper. I love this book through and through. I love. the protectiveness of the guys over Lexi. The pure masculinity that radiates off of Quentin is overwhelming.
Toni
Lexi Austin is feeling like a third wheel at a New Year's Eve masked ball at her friend's home in France. Everyone else seems to be paired off, so she escapes to the balcony during the festivities. But when the clock strikes midnight, a masked stranger kisses her and its not until she hears his voice that she realizes its her best friend since college, Quentin Reddick.

They both try to play off the kiss as a one time thing, but soon realize after spending time together sightseeing and resuming th
Gina
Love this book alpha male all the way and the sex scenes were great
Jenifer
makes you wish stuff like this could happen in real life
A. Jones
Quick and hot! A great summer read.
Sydete
This was a real tear jerker. Lexi and Quentin have been best friends for over twenty years. One night at a New Year's Party Lexi sneaks outside because she is feeling like a third wheel and is missing her best friend who couldn't make it to the party. At the stroke of midnight she is kissed by a masked stranger and it turns out to be the best kiss she's ever had. When she finds out it's Quentin she has a lot of mixed feelings. As the two explore a relationship, previous experiences conspire to i ...more
Barb
I love a romance where best friends become lovers and soulmates. There just isn't anything better and I wanted to just cry when Lexi admitted she'd loved Quentin for years even though she never realized it at the time. There is just something about best friends coming together that is so hot and you could tell these two were meant to be together from page one and how deeply they loved each other, whether in the guise of friendship or as lovers. Loved Quentin and Lexi!
Kim
Best friends indeed do make the perfect lovers. Lexi and Quentin loved each other for 20yrs and didn't even realize it. All it took was a steamy new years eve kiss to set everything in motion. Quentin was just so passionate and OMG that pantry love seen will knock your socks off! This is a wonderful addition to The Wolf Pack Series, and you get to catch up with a lot of the previous characters. Well done Maureen Smth!
Connie Whitfield
Friends to lovers? Absolutely loved it! I didn't like Quentin in Recipe for Temptation. He came across as a sleazy player. But in Tempt Me at Night, he is revealed to be a strong, intelligent man determined to love and protect Lexi, the love of his life! Both Quentin and Lexi both had somewhat insurmountable issues but I'm so glad they decided to fight for their love. Awesome story!
Cf
Lexi and Q short and sweet. I love a reform rake.
Ms.Toni
Lexi Austin, a chef, and Quentin Reddick, an attorney, have been besties since college. All of that changes one New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight.

It is very obvious from the beginning where this story is headed, but the story is enjoyable nonetheless. Maureen Smith’s “Tempt Me at Midnight” is a quick, easy and cute read.
Denina
I absolutely LOVE this book!!! I brought it a couple of years ago and I continue to read it over and over....I love it when best friends becomes lovers. I like the relationship between Lexi and Quentin, they have a true friendship that makes their love life that much amazing. I just love this book!!!
Karen
OMG! This was an awesome love story between Quentin and Lexi. It was so good that I couldn't go to bed without finishing the book. That just goes to show that best friends makes for best lovers and meaningful relationships! Awesome...Must read! Thanks Maureen for this mind-blowing romance.
Gwen Cannon-Jenkins
Lexi and Quentin were best friends since college but on one night that all seemed to change for them both. This is a beautiful love story about a friendship over years that grew into something more powerful than either knew what to do with it. Great story line!!
Metris
This was such a heart felt story...who better to fall in love with then your best friend, the person who knows all of you; the good, bad, your weaknesses & strength, your likes & dislikes! Q & Lexi was so compatible! SWEET HEARTY LOVE STORY! I'm so in love with Quentin
Chelsea
Loved it. What an enjoyable story.... Quentin and Lexi's story was a special one. The fact that their relationship blossomed from their friendship made it all the more special. Great job Maureen. I can't wait to read more from Miss Smith.
Shone
Feb 02, 2011 Shone rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all romance readers
A mother who hate you, a father who left you,whenyou were only a baby and an ex-husband who she caught cheating leave Alexis unsure of life in general.
Tonya Lee
A good story of best friends become one in life. We should all hope to have our mate be out best friend. A good read that gives a smile.
Kenzie
I mean it was okay... I think people are definitely boosting it though.. It was kind of sappy to me, but that's just my opinion.
Coco at *Reading Nook Blog*
Loved it! The characters and story were believable and there was more to the story than just the hot sex scenes.
Raquell Barton
Wonderful story. Made me laugh, made me blush, made me cry! Love happy endings!
Brenda
Great book, great read! Love the Wolfe! Waiting on Manning's story.
  • Body Heat
  • Bachelor Unleashed
  • Say My Name
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General)
  • Winter Kisses
  • Bittersweet Love
  • The Realest Ever
I have enjoyed writing for as long as I can remember. My earliest memory of knowing I had a “literary gift” was as a third grader, when I wrote and illustrated a story about a child who stumbled upon a bird’s nest and decided to nurture the orphaned chickadee until its mother returned. I can’t recall whether the story had a happy ending or not, but my teacher, Mrs. Bennett, was so impressed that s ...more
More about Maureen Smith...
Whatever You Like Recipe for Temptation Touch of Heaven Any Way You Want It Taming the Wolf