The Earl's Mistletoe Bride

The Earl's Mistletoe Bride

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  7 reviews

If it hadn't been for handsome Jonathan, Earl of Portbury, Beth might never have seen another Christmas Destitute and suffering from amnesia, she was lucky to be saved from the freezing cold and given a roof over her head.
A year later the earl returns, seeking a bride. Discovering his foundling is now a beautiful woman, he resolves to give her a new identity. This Christm...more
Published November 1st 2010 by Harlequin Special Releases

Sheila
This was a great regency story, engaging and page-turning. It was interesting being in the heads of both the heroine, Beth, as she strove to find identity after losing her memory and the hero as he changed from the stiff, starchy, dutiful Earl to the passionate lover. A simple story but totally engaging and a good Christmas read.
Amanda
I would rather give this 2 1/2 stars, but I rounded up instead of down. I had issues with this book, mainly to do with the flow and horrible placement of the critical climax of the story.... which was 2 chapters from the end..... I should have to read a book clear to the end, to his a climax in the story. The characters were fine, not well developed, but yet, they were there and you could relate to them. A lot of left unsaid clear to the very end of the book, which I found unnecessary... I think...more
Lisa Delaine Youngblood
When a young woman is found destitute and suffering from amnesia, she is saved by handsome Jonathan, Earl of Portbury, and cared for by the local rector and his wife. Not even knowing her name, the truly good Christians call her Beth and pretend that she is their niece. She quickly becomes schoolmistress, though is not accepted by everyone in town. When the Earl of Portbury returns after harrowing experiences during the war, he determines first to help the poor girl by introducing her into socie...more
Sandy
This was a good read. The male character was nicely developed. The female character was one dimensional in that no one could ever be that good. There was a tiny bit of intrigue as to who she really was. Which gave her no end of guilt and grief throughout the book. Was she a serial murderer?? Probably not. The courtship was sweet but a little quick. Things fell together a little too easy for me, but overall just a good story.
Maureen Osborne
I wanted to like this book because its my first Christmas Regency of 2010. Unfortunately, I was not engaged by the two characters Jonathan, Earl of Portbury nor Beth. I think this book was edited badly which resulted in problems with pacing.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Beth was rescued on a rainy winters night a year ago by Jonathan. He is an Earl, and she has amnesia with no rememberance of her past. Love ensues and the mystery of her past is solved. Good read!!
Nikki
It had a lot going on but it was quite boring. I wish there was more adventure. Christmas wasn't even a factor until Beth was wandering around in the snow. Not a good Christmas book.
Maryellen Kunkel
Maryellen Kunkel marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Stacy
Stacy added it
Jan 21, 2014
Juliet Mccleary
Juliet Mccleary marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Tasneem
Tasneem marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2013
Kelly
Kelly added it
May 23, 2013
Tammy Hager king
Tammy Hager king marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2013
Renee
Renee added it
Dec 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
I am a Scot, born and raised in Glasgow, one of the friendliest places in the world. Unfortunately, there were not many career opportunities in Scotland at the time I left University, and so I migrated to London. Living in England didn't stop me from hankering after the glorious wildness of the Scottish mountains and lochs, but short visits were the best I could do.

I have always been a history fa...more
More about Joanna Maitland...
His Cavalry Lady (Harlequin Historical, #936) Marrying the Major My Lady Angel (Harlequin Historical, #737) A Poor Relation His Reluctant Mistress (Aikenhead Honours, #2) (Harlequin Historical, #940)