Start by marking “Mysteries of Easter Island” as Want to Read:
Mysteries of Easter Island

Mysteries of Easter Island

The myths and statues of Easter Island remain one of the world s most intriguing unsolved mysteries. Join a couple who have visited most of the island of the Pacific as they attempt to unravel the secrets of Easter Island.
Published (first published July 28th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Mysteries of Easter Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mysteries of Easter Island

Will
May 31, 2011 Will rated it liked it
It reminded me of reading some of the travelogues found in National Geographic publications where a person writes an account about going to a location featuring his or her own experiences coupled with factual information about the location. I have enjoyed reading these type of adventures on Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Canyon recently, so I thought I'd give this one a try and learn a little about Easter Island. Not a bad read. The author paints a very good picture of the area and what ...more
Kitty
Jun 05, 2011 Kitty rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This was... strange. Most of the book (more like a novella - very short) read a bit like the trip reports some of my friends share, after a fun vacation. I suppose if I was actually planning a trip to Easter Island, this might have been a bit helpful... but as someone who just wanted to learn a bit about the history of the island, and the amazing statues, I just really wasn't all that interested in what the author had for breakfast. He did include a few interesting facts he had learned himself f ...more
Anna Dye
Jun 26, 2012 Anna Dye rated it really liked it
Mysteries of Easter Island is a novelette that will help others see and appreciate the interesting culture of the natives that live there. Brian writes from his own point of view of the many intriguing things found on this island. His explanations make for a thought-provoking and enjoyable trip. This novelette is based on the author’s research and personal experiences in this island and is very well done.
I second Brian lines, “We’d enjoyed our very brief stay on Easter Island. It is remote, is t
Danielle
Jun 23, 2011 Danielle rated it did not like it
Very short essay on the author's trip to Easter Island. Could use some editing. At one point he uses the word "wolla." The word he is looking for is "voila." That made me laugh out loud. You can get a much better history of the island and mysterious end to their statue building in "Collapse" by Jared Diamond. This book is only worth reading to get ideas of how to plan a trip to Easter Island.
GoldenjoyBazyll
Jun 19, 2011 GoldenjoyBazyll rated it liked it
Shelves: travel
Just reading up on another place I would like to go to someday. While it is a remote island.... I just think it would be so interesting. The author of this book recommended a 3 day tour to really see the island. Aparently, the statues we are all familiar with are not the only ones to be found on the island. Like the mysteries of Machu Pichu... Easter Island is filled with many as well!
Teri Pre
Dec 27, 2011 Teri Pre rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2012-reads
Very short. A good deal of editing wouldn't have been amiss!! Paragraphs and commas truly are important parts of good writing. Why the author chose to place his facts at the end of the narrative instead of incorporating them I'll never know.
Cathy
May 30, 2011 Cathy rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
Free Kindle download. Short essay by Lawrenson, a travel writer, about a visit to Rapa Nui (Easter Island). Did include some good facts about the statues and culture of the island.
Glen Dickinson
Glen Dickinson rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2015
Kent
Kent rated it it was ok
Dec 18, 2012
Anders
Anders rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2014
Crissy
Crissy rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2010
Joe and Toni LoBasso
Joe and Toni LoBasso rated it it was ok
Jan 22, 2016
Yazir Paredes
Yazir Paredes rated it it was ok
Mar 15, 2014
Liz Winn
Liz Winn rated it really liked it
May 28, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it did not like it
Dec 29, 2015
Sabrina Johnson
Sabrina Johnson rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2015
Tina Fowler
Tina Fowler rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2016
Kristin Pickford
Kristin Pickford rated it really liked it
May 05, 2015
Ali
Ali rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2016
Donny
Donny rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2016
Carla Herbert
Carla Herbert rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2013
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2014
Sammi
Sammi rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2014
Tristan
Tristan rated it it was ok
Feb 19, 2012
Andrea Smith
Andrea Smith rated it did not like it
Feb 02, 2016
Donwanavan
Donwanavan rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2016
Jane
Jane rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2013
Brian Lawrenson
Sep 28, 2014 Brian Lawrenson rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jen
Jen rated it did not like it
Feb 19, 2012