Start by marking “Mysteries of Easter Island” as Want to Read:
Mysteries of Easter Island

Mysteries of Easter Island

2.68 of 5 stars 2.68  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The myths and statues of Easter Island remain one of the world s most intriguing unsolved mysteries. Join a couple who have visited most of the island of the Pacific as they attempt to unravel the secrets of Easter Island.
Published (first published July 28th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Mysteries of Easter Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mysteries of Easter Island

Will
It reminded me of reading some of the travelogues found in National Geographic publications where a person writes an account about going to a location featuring his or her own experiences coupled with factual information about the location. I have enjoyed reading these type of adventures on Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Canyon recently, so I thought I'd give this one a try and learn a little about Easter Island. Not a bad read. The author paints a very good picture of the area and what ...more
Kitty
This was... strange. Most of the book (more like a novella - very short) read a bit like the trip reports some of my friends share, after a fun vacation. I suppose if I was actually planning a trip to Easter Island, this might have been a bit helpful... but as someone who just wanted to learn a bit about the history of the island, and the amazing statues, I just really wasn't all that interested in what the author had for breakfast. He did include a few interesting facts he had learned himself f ...more
Anna Dye
Mysteries of Easter Island is a novelette that will help others see and appreciate the interesting culture of the natives that live there. Brian writes from his own point of view of the many intriguing things found on this island. His explanations make for a thought-provoking and enjoyable trip. This novelette is based on the author’s research and personal experiences in this island and is very well done.
I second Brian lines, “We’d enjoyed our very brief stay on Easter Island. It is remote, is t
Danielle
Very short essay on the author's trip to Easter Island. Could use some editing. At one point he uses the word "wolla." The word he is looking for is "voila." That made me laugh out loud. You can get a much better history of the island and mysterious end to their statue building in "Collapse" by Jared Diamond. This book is only worth reading to get ideas of how to plan a trip to Easter Island.
GoldenjoyBazyll
Just reading up on another place I would like to go to someday. While it is a remote island.... I just think it would be so interesting. The author of this book recommended a 3 day tour to really see the island. Aparently, the statues we are all familiar with are not the only ones to be found on the island. Like the mysteries of Machu Pichu... Easter Island is filled with many as well!
Teri Pre
Very short. A good deal of editing wouldn't have been amiss!! Paragraphs and commas truly are important parts of good writing. Why the author chose to place his facts at the end of the narrative instead of incorporating them I'll never know.
Cathy
Free Kindle download. Short essay by Lawrenson, a travel writer, about a visit to Rapa Nui (Easter Island). Did include some good facts about the statues and culture of the island.
Dae
Dae marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Anna Douillard
Anna Douillard marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Brian Lawrenson
Sep 28, 2014 Brian Lawrenson rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Maegan
Maegan marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
April Lynne
April Lynne marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
angela pellecchia
angela pellecchia marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
Brian
Brian added it
Nov 21, 2013
Bufo Calvin
Bufo Calvin marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2013
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Straw Hats and Bicycles travels in Vietnam and Cambodia China Silk Road Adventures Above the Arctic Circle Journey to Lhasa in Tibet Rockets, mice and men