Start by marking “Bloated Goat” as Want to Read:
Bloated Goat

Bloated Goat

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Get ready to enjoy a gut-busting adventure full of crazy forest animals and hilarious dialogue. You’ll meet Granny Hammy, Cocky Doodle, Bloated Goat, and a wide assortment of other wacky characters as they romp around the forest. It seems everyone wants to get Bloated Goat for one reason or another, but you’ll have to read the book to experience the explosive ending.

If you
Published (first published September 28th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Bloated Goat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloated Goat

Nicole MacDonald
I LOVED this story! The best laugh I've had for .99c period. I don't know if this book could be fully appreciated by a child without an adult helping them. I do however think this would be a truly awesome book for English teachers to use in aiding them for teaching kids a variety of writing techniques. I absolutely HAVE to insist you read the sample chapter!! I've been driving my husband nuts for the last few nights I read this due to all my shrieking and cackling at it. It's a fantastically rid ...more
Manley Peterson
Jan 06, 2011 Manley Peterson rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
I am the author, so I love it, of course. I would really appreciate other people giving their honest opinions. Bloated Goat is geared towards ages 8 and up. I would recommend parents and grandparents read this story with their children and grandchildren as Bloated Goat is humorous for all ages.
Cleo
One day, Cocky Doodle's best friend, Bloated Goat, is found with x's for his eyes, which of course means that he's dead. This unfortunate death leads to the funny adventure that Cocky and Granny Hammy go on to give Bloated Goat the proper burial he needs. Along the way, Bloated Goat somehow manages to get mixed up with a skunk, mushrooms, a wolf, and many more wild animals that live in this crazy forest.

Bloated Goat isn't exactly young adult. It's probably more of a middle grade type book, and I
David Wuensche
The product description for Bloated Goat suggest that it was written in the same vein of comedy and CGI spectacles such as "Shrek" and "Madagascar". This alone nearly turned me away from the book as I found Shrek's self-conscious fairytale inhabitants tiring and Madagascar's hyperactive zoo animals outright loathsome. Still, best to let the work speak for itself.

And when I say, "speak for itself," I mean this in a very literal sense. The book frequently reminds the reader that you are, in fact,
Candy
I bought this book a while back thinking my 10-year-old son would enjoy it. He hasn't gotten to it, but I read it and I'm not entirely sure what I think of it. It starts out with... well a bloated dead goat. A little odd and you know you're in for a bit of a ride.

The writing is pretty well done. I will admit that the introduction of so many characters of different species completely lost me a few times and I had to flip back to remember who was who. Between that and the jumping around in scenes,
Tanya
Hilarious!! It's for older kids, maybe 10 and older. I read it to my 9 & 12 yr olds and a bit to my husband. It was awesome!!
Katy Brandes
Actually I give it 3.5 stars, not four just because I'm picky with my stars. We liked this book well enough, but it just has several places where I had to explain the humor to my five-year old. It has funny characters and situations, perhaps a bit over a little kid's head (although I don't know the target audience). The teaser ending about other stories involving the main characters has my interest piqued for future books.
Linda
Who would have thought a book about a dead goat would be cute? I had fun reading this book. Very funny situations, Cocky and Granny just want to give Bloated Goat a proper burial, hilarity ensues. Highly recommend for grade school children.
Bought this for my boys one night, very cute book
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Sean
Sean marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2012
Derek
Derek added it
Jul 07, 2011
Cally Jackson
Cally Jackson marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2011
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2011
Simple Series 3-Books-in-1 Just Be Yourself, Zap Camp Chin-up Midnight Jack The 12 Days of Fishing