Start by marking “L'eredità Scarlatti ” as Want to Read:
L'eredità Scarlatti

L'eredità Scarlatti

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  8,372 ratings  ·  90 reviews
A Washington si viene a sapere che un membro del Comando Supremo Nazista è disposto a divulgare informazioni che potrebbero porre termine anzitempo alla guerra a favore degli Stati Uniti. Ma per il suo tradimento richiede il file top secret sull'Eredità Scarlatti, un documento che, se reso noto, potrebbe distruggere la reputazione degli uomini più importanti e famosi dell' ...more
Published January 1st 2007 by Fanucci (first published 1971)

To ask other readers questions about L'eredità Scarlatti, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about L'eredità Scarlatti

VaultOfBooks
By Robert Ludlum. Grade: A
Robert Ludlum is the bestselling author of 37 novels once touted as the best in the world with his blend of sophisticated planning and extreme pace. He is best known for The Jason Bourne Series – The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum among others.
According to this story, the Third Reich is in its death struggle. Elizabeth Scarlatti has a plan, a desperate, last-minute gamble, designed to save the world from a most dangerous man – her own son
Zohar - ManOfLaBook.com
Even though this is one of the first books Robert Ludlum it is one of the last ones I read so you could imagine my delight when I found this a Ludlum book I haven't yet read during a book drive at my daughter's school.

The book starts in Washington DC where Major Matthew Canfield is being sent to meet a high ranking German official with promises to divulge information to help end WWII.

From the second chapter, to one before last, the story is told as a back flash about the Scarlatti family. Giov
John
Hard to believe this was Ludlum's first novel. The plot, which centers around the rise of the Nazi party, is every bit as layered and intricate as what you get with his later work. Less action, though, so readers will have to exercise a higher degree of patience than is usually required from modern thrillers. As is always the case with Ludlum, the story feels incredibly realistic and thoroughly researched. Expect lots of detailed information pertaining to German history and international banking ...more
Ru
The first novel written by the late Robert Ludlum, "The Scarlatti Inheritance" is about as classic a cat-and-mouse global thriller can be, from its World War settings, to secret identities, financial machinations, and other grand subterfuge. Any concerns I may have had about Ludlum's work being too layered and unnecessarily complex were put to rest, thankfully, as well.

I am a fan of historical fiction, and this book employs it nicely. By weaving in the Scarlatti/Scarlett family into the setting
David Swiedler
The Scarlatti Inheritance was recommended to be by a friend who told me that if I liked James Bond, I would like the Robert Ludlum series. The Scarlatti Inheritance tells a truely fascinating story of an American intelligence officer who is hired to determine the status of the Scarlatti fortunes and Ulster Scarlett while being financed by German Nazi's. Ludlum is a very gifted writer and has now become a favorite author that I count on for a fun filled adventure.
Saad Farooq
This book was given to me a few years ago by my elder brother as a birthday gift. At that time I was really into Tom Clancy's books & my brother knew this. I thought that the reason for his giving me this book was the similarity between the writings of Robert Ludlum & Tom Clancy. But after reading this book I found out that there are marked differences. Although the genre is same but the writing style is different. Tom Clancy's writing has immense details of the technical aspects of ever ...more
Mike Philbin
Great WW2 story, intriguing and folded around basic Nazi facts... there's a dramatic ELITIST BOARD MEETING in the guts of this book that perfectly shows the sheer amorality of the Money Game and how devoid of the natural empathies these fucking banking bastards are; these monsters' motivations laid bare.

Superbly depicted, Robert Ludlum, you are the master.

Dick Edwards
This is a mildly interesting book about an evil man who is attracted to an evil empire, and the mother who recognizes his evil and sets out to stop him. I give this only a 5 on my scale of 1 to 10. I may read some more of his books to see if they get any better. After all, I saw all 3 of the Jason Bourne movies and thought they were great.
Endre Barath
I got my hand on the orginal 1st edition, 1st book of Robert Ludlum....I read it about 30 years ago...I hardly remember it and after my last book I was ready to read a good one....

I still enjoyed it 30 years later and am glad I re-read it, it was like reading it for the first time the twists and turns were great
Sahar Kharrufa
Quite a good read. Bit naive on the financial issues but not a waste of time.
C.L. Swinney
Impressive book. I wish I could write as well as Ludlum!
Tim Painter
Engrossing and intriguing.
Michael
Big fan of Robert Ludlum's writing, so naturally this has been on my list to read for a while. I found the plot compelling, though not quite the intense page turner that some of his other novels are, but it kept my interest to the very end. It was great entertainment, but you can tell it is one of his earlier works. The relationships between characters was not developed as well as I would have expected from Ludlum, and a fair bit of the plot line was predictable. The assassination attempts I fel ...more
Kelanth, numquam risit ubi dracones vivunt
Un plauso a Fanucci che ha ristampato "L'eredità Scarlatti", romanzone d'intrigo internazionale e d'azione con cui il celebre "Mr. Plot" ha esordito nel 1971.

Ricordo a tutti che Ludlum è l'autore che ha dato vita al bellissimo e rivalutato personaggio di Jason Bourne, che impazza nei cinema con l'adattamento del personaggio sul grande schermo, con il mitico Matt Damon.

In effetti nell' Eredità Scarlatti il Ludlum a venire lo si ritrova già tutto: intrighi planetari complicati e plausibili, giochi
Петър Стойков
Честно казано не помня дали в тийнейджърските си години съм чел нещо на Лъдлъм - но и да съм, не ме е впечатлило толкова, че да го помня. Така че може да се каже, за пръв път се сблъсквам с част от обширното творчество на този автор.

Може би има какво да се каже за връзката между количество и качество на въпросното творчество обаче, защото въпросната книга ми се стори толкова елементарно и бездарно написана, че се чудя кой му ги купува тия бози.
Eric
I loved Robert Ludlum when I was a teen. Stumbled onto this one which I'd never read, so I plowed through it. I'm not sure if it was just this book, or his writing hasn't survived the test of time for me. This one was a real struggle to get through. It started off pretty well, and had a good finish, but for 200 pages in the middle it was really hard to stay focused.
Dhia Bousselmi ( ضياء البوسالمي )
Nous sommes à l'aube de la Seconde Guerre Mondiale !
Une histoire d'une mère et son fils !
La famille Scarlatti possède une fortune inestimable, Elizabeht Wyckman Scarlatti va essayer d’empêcher son fils Ulster ( qui change son identité et devient Heinrich Kroeger ) qui a l'objectif de soutenir HITLER dans ces projets ..

Un roman extraordinaire !
Bob Conner
Ludlum is an excellent writer if you want to be completely submerged into an intriguing suspense, not breathing again until it's finished. I have two authors I read consistently and Ludlum is my number one. His writing is always right on, and I can't imagine how he keeps coming up with such enthralling stories.
Damiano Battaglia
Ci sono opere prime che bastano da sole a spiegare i motivi del successo di un autore. Credo che "L'eredità Scarlatti" sia una di queste.
Un piccolo manuale del romanzo di spionaggio: i personaggi fittizi si calano perfettamente nelle trame della storia reale e la influenzano, in un intrico di affari, politica e diplomazia che affascina il lettore con grande facilità. Il periodo tra le due guerre mondiali, poi, offre spunti di suggestione infiniti e scenari storici decisamente evocativi. Forse in
Stefan
The Scarlatti Inheritance was not as good as I had thought before reading it. I have never really liked Robert's Ludlum's writing style but found a copy of his first work (I think) and decided to read it because I wasn't up to challenging Umberto Eco's confusing but brilliant writing just then. This book is alright in every regard: the characters are not horrible but not especially memorable, the action is good during some parts of the book but is notably lacking in other sections, the dialogue ...more
Tod Hamilton
Story tellers of Robert's calibre do but come along once every few generations.
The only thing I can say is once you've read one of this era of books, if you like them, you'll read the entire collection.
Britta
I didn't really like this book. It was too plain for me. All this talking about business with barely anything happening. That just isnt what I like to read about.
The main plot was very good though and so was the writing.
So yeaah.. 2 1/2 stars = 3 stars.
Felicia
As the first of Robert Ludlum's books, it is less complicated and perhaps slightly less impressive than others of his. However, it is still a very good - and quick - read. What I found most impressive is the construction of the story. Tension is created by putting the reader half a step ahead of the characters in the book, until the moment of climax, when their knowledge is about the same. Then a new chapter starts with differing amounts of knowledge again. It is very interesting.

As always, I fo
Jim M
An elite Nazi is willing to defect to shorten the war but the defection entails the release of documents that can destroy many big reputations.
Cindy
This was well done. It had a steady pace and I was caught up in the intrigue. Great read. Elizabeth Scarlatti is not to be messed with.
Al
In Washington, word is
received that an elite member of the Nazi High Command is willing to
defect and divulge information that will shorten the war. But his
defection entails the release of the ultra-top-secret file on the
Scarlatti Inheritance - a file whose contents will destroy many of the
Western world's greatest and most illustrious reputations if they are
made known... THE SCARLATTI INHERITANCE is a spellbinding story of
international terror and intrigue, greed and cunning, suspense and
m
Syl Oomen de lange
niet uitgelezen kwam er niet doorheen
James
The Scarlatti Inheritance is one of Ludlum's earliest books, and still my favorite -- by far. Over the last 40 years, I've probably reread this book at least five times. Each time, I find some new facet that I didn't pick up in a previous reading, and each time, I find my heart pounding as I read through certain suspenseful passages. This is Ludlum at his best. A gripping story, well-developed characters, and a fast pace. I wish it was available in the U.S. as an eBook. My dog-eared copy of this ...more
Dana
Robert Ludlum, A true master, A literary genius.
  • Agent in Place
  • The Bourne Betrayal (Jason Bourne, #5)
  • Storm Warning
  • The Secret Warriors (Men At War, #2)
  • The Janson Command (Paul Janson, #2)
  • XPD
  • The Devil's Alternative
  • The Last Frontier
  • Line of Control (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #8)
  • The Stockholm Syndicate
  • The Little Drummer Girl
Robert Ludlum was the author of twenty-seven novels, each one a New York Times bestseller. There are more than 210 million of his books in print, and they have been translated into thirty-two languages. He is the author of The Scarlatti Inheritance, The Chancellor Manuscript, and the Jason Bourne series--The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, and The Bourne Ultimatum--among others. Mr. Ludlum ...more
More about Robert Ludlum...
The Bourne Identity (Jason Bourne, #1) The Bourne Supremacy (Jason Bourne, #2) The Bourne Ultimatum (Jason Bourne, #3) The Matarese Circle (Matarese #1) The Icarus Agenda