Start by marking “Nobody Was Here : Seventh Grade in the Life of Me, Penelope (Elston Prep, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nobody Was Here : Seventh Grade in the Life of Me, Penelope (Elston Prep, #1)

Nobody Was Here : Seventh Grade in the Life of Me, Penelope (Elston Prep #1)

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  219 ratings  ·  25 reviews
In this paperback debut, Alison Pollet brings us the story of an observant uptown girl named Penelope, whose posh upbringing can't protect her from changes at home and at school.

It's 1981, and nothing is going right in Penelope's life. She has just started seventh grade at Elston Prep, and she and her best friend Stacy aren't getting along. Stacy is all caught up in who's
Published July 1st 2005 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published July 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Nobody Was Here , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nobody Was Here

Nobody Was Here  by Alison PolletThe Kindness of Strangers by Katrina KittleI Gave My Heart to Know This by Ellen BakerGoodbye, Jimmy Choo by Annie SandersWild by Cheryl Strayed
Shoes (no people)
1st out of 161 books — 10 voters
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow RowellWivenhoe Park by Ben VendettaGoing Over by Beth KephartTell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka BruntAristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
The 1980s are back!
11th out of 37 books — 23 voters

More lists with this book...

Caroline Saltzman
I really thought this was a good book and that it showed the struggles of being a teenager and fitting in with friends. It showed that you necessarily don't have to go along with what everyone else is thinking, you should be your own person, have your own thoughts, and not do something just because everyone else is. Even though the main character Penelope doesn't do this the whole book, just towards the end. This is because through recent events in her seventh grade year, she realizes that she c ...more
Emily Newberry
I enjoyed this book very much, because it was about a girl going through troubles at school. it really captured my attention. I would definantly
Emma
I think Nobody Was Here is a great book! One thing I thought was confusing is on the cover is when I thought it said Mrs. Penelope but it said Me, Penelope. That is what confused me. I think Alison Pollet is a great author and I have seen some other books she has wrote and that I want to read. I finished the book on February 21, 2014. I don't want spoil the book if you change your mind to reading the book. But the book was amazing! A lot of people would love the book!
Maria
Oct 04, 2008 Maria rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: middle school ppl?
Recommended to Maria by: Library catolog
This was just another regular middle school book. Big friendship problems,life stress, future thoughts, family problems, BOY problems, etc etc etc. Being based in the 1988 or something like that (i have a big headache, don't expect me to remember this stuff!)There is SOME difference but again, same content as any normal realistic fiction middle school book. However, it's a rather good book and may effect your outlook on life. Depends what type of reader you are and if books effect you or not. Th ...more
Scott Williams
da0ad8e3-6b2c-4cb1-b5f7-9d834dbb73ae
Monica Albright
Read this as a quick in-between book. True to life teen situations regarding friendships and dealing with peers. The best part for me was that it took place in the early 80's...and I was in high school in the early 80's. I remember Elvis Costello coming on the radio, General Hospital's Dr. Monica Quartermaine, the Smurfs and shoelaces with colorful hearts. It's a quick read for girls and encourages making friends with new students...and not following the clique.
Jacalyn
so far i have learned to be careful when you sighn something because sometimes you might regret it. i would recomend this book to midle schoolers because that is when i think you really start clubs.

i have read the whole book and it was a very friendv like book and shows you that maybe your worst enimies could be your bff.
Fashiongirlgoldberg
This book was ok. Nothing really special about it. I'm not sure why the author bothered to set it in the 80's considering the fact it was like any book about a middle schooler written nowindays, besides the fact that nobody really talked about technology (cellphones ipods laptops etc.).
Chris
I really think this book is good because it shows teenagers' concerns and troubles. Also it has really good six traits of writing in the story. I could feel what characters are thinking while I'm reading this. It's a interesting book to read.
Anna
This book was okay i just got done reading it for school i don think i would go out of my way to tell my friends to read it but if you have nothing better to do i guess it would be a good read.... XD no offence!
Samantha Rose
one word: BORING.and to say the truth, i actually never really finished this book, i read up to page140 and it was just so irresistibly boring so.. I decided to quit on this book.
Emily Lucas
I thought that the plot was hard to discover and it was not very interesting. I thought that the ending was stupid, and they didn't explain everything at the end.
Penelope Tir
I liked this book. It wasn't all that exciting but somehow I felt into it. Maybe it was The main character, Penelope. I'm not sure...
Alexis
This is pretty good! I like how it was 'back in the day' and you are learning stuff as you read. I am enjoying it right now.

Pooja Dimba
I really liked it.
Even though the book took place in 1982 it didn't seem like that long ago.
It seemed very present.
Kendra
Dec 09, 2010 Kendra added it
I really enjoyed this book and think that it is something that all Middle School girls would enjoy and should read.
ⓒⓐⓘⓣⓨ
This book doesnt really have muh of a plot to it, I got a little after half way, expecting a twist but didnt get one.
Maysie
It was not so interesting at the beginning, but then it really started to catch my eye!
Alexis
It was good! not my favorite by far.......but good!
Ana Baybee
good and interesting but it could be better.
Hima
Funny, but it doen't seem like the 80s
Nessie
i really loved this book!!!
Haide
awesome book!!!!!!!
Davina S
boring
Richa
Richa added it
Jul 26, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
  • Wait for Me
  • Missing
  • Before, After, and Somebody In Between
  • Darkhenge
  • Tips on Having a Gay (Ex) Boyfriend (Belle, #1)
  • Change Has Come: An Artist Celebrates Our American Spirit

Elston Prep (2 books)
  • The Pity Party: 8th Grade in the Life of Me, Cass
The Pity Party: 8th Grade in the Life of Me, Cass Mtv'S The Real World New Orleans: Unmasked (Real World Series) When I Was a Girl MTV's the Real World : Hawaii True Confessions MTV's Real World Chicago