Start by marking “Nobody Was Here : Seventh Grade in the Life of Me, Penelope (Elston Prep, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nobody Was Here : Seventh Grade in the Life of Me, Penelope (Elston Prep, #1)

Nobody Was Here : Seventh Grade in the Life of Me, Penelope (Elston Prep #1)

In this paperback debut, Alison Pollet brings us the story of an observant uptown girl named Penelope, whose posh upbringing can't protect her from changes at home and at school.

It's 1981, and nothing is going right in Penelope's life. She has just started seventh grade at Elston Prep, and she and her best friend Stacy aren't getting along. Stacy is all caught up in who's
Published July 1st 2005 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published July 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Nobody Was Here , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nobody Was Here

Caroline Saltzman
Jan 11, 2011 Caroline Saltzman rated it it was amazing
I really thought this was a good book and that it showed the struggles of being a teenager and fitting in with friends. It showed that you necessarily don't have to go along with what everyone else is thinking, you should be your own person, have your own thoughts, and not do something just because everyone else is. Even though the main character Penelope doesn't do this the whole book, just towards the end. This is because through recent events in her seventh grade year, she realizes that she c ...more
Emily Newberry
Mar 09, 2012 Emily Newberry rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book very much, because it was about a girl going through troubles at school. it really captured my attention. I would definantly
Maria
Oct 04, 2008 Maria rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: middle school ppl?
Recommended to Maria by: Library catolog
This was just another regular middle school book. Big friendship problems,life stress, future thoughts, family problems, BOY problems, etc etc etc. Being based in the 1988 or something like that (i have a big headache, don't expect me to remember this stuff!)There is SOME difference but again, same content as any normal realistic fiction middle school book. However, it's a rather good book and may effect your outlook on life. Depends what type of reader you are and if books effect you or not. Th ...more
Monica Albright
Aug 15, 2011 Monica Albright rated it liked it
Read this as a quick in-between book. True to life teen situations regarding friendships and dealing with peers. The best part for me was that it took place in the early 80's...and I was in high school in the early 80's. I remember Elvis Costello coming on the radio, General Hospital's Dr. Monica Quartermaine, the Smurfs and shoelaces with colorful hearts. It's a quick read for girls and encourages making friends with new students...and not following the clique.
Emma
Feb 22, 2014 Emma rated it it was amazing
I think Nobody Was Here is a great book! One thing I thought was confusing is on the cover is when I thought it said Mrs. Penelope but it said Me, Penelope. That is what confused me. I think Alison Pollet is a great author and I have seen some other books she has wrote and that I want to read. I finished the book on February 21, 2014. I don't want spoil the book if you change your mind to reading the book. But the book was amazing! A lot of people would love the book!
Jacalyn
Aug 18, 2009 Jacalyn rated it liked it
so far i have learned to be careful when you sighn something because sometimes you might regret it. i would recomend this book to midle schoolers because that is when i think you really start clubs.

i have read the whole book and it was a very friendv like book and shows you that maybe your worst enimies could be your bff.
Fashiongirlgoldberg
Oct 15, 2009 Fashiongirlgoldberg rated it liked it
This book was ok. Nothing really special about it. I'm not sure why the author bothered to set it in the 80's considering the fact it was like any book about a middle schooler written nowindays, besides the fact that nobody really talked about technology (cellphones ipods laptops etc.).
Anna
Dec 01, 2009 Anna rated it liked it
This book was okay i just got done reading it for school i don think i would go out of my way to tell my friends to read it but if you have nothing better to do i guess it would be a good read.... XD no offence!
Chris
Oct 12, 2012 Chris rated it liked it
Shelves: school2012
I really think this book is good because it shows teenagers' concerns and troubles. Also it has really good six traits of writing in the story. I could feel what characters are thinking while I'm reading this. It's a interesting book to read.
ⓒⓐⓘⓣⓨ
Apr 12, 2010 ⓒⓐⓘⓣⓨ rated it it was ok
This book doesnt really have muh of a plot to it, I got a little after half way, expecting a twist but didnt get one.
Kendra
Dec 09, 2010 Kendra added it
I really enjoyed this book and think that it is something that all Middle School girls would enjoy and should read.
Penelope Tir
Sep 20, 2012 Penelope Tir rated it liked it
I liked this book. It wasn't all that exciting but somehow I felt into it. Maybe it was The main character, Penelope. I'm not sure...
Samantha Rose
Jan 27, 2013 Samantha Rose rated it it was ok
one word: BORING.and to say the truth, i actually never really finished this book, i read up to page140 and it was just so irresistibly boring so.. I decided to quit on this book.
Alexis
Apr 25, 2009 Alexis rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-books
This is pretty good! I like how it was 'back in the day' and you are learning stuff as you read. I am enjoying it right now.

Pooja Dimba
Sep 07, 2009 Pooja Dimba rated it it was amazing
I really liked it.
Even though the book took place in 1982 it didn't seem like that long ago.
It seemed very present.
Emily Lucas
May 19, 2012 Emily Lucas rated it it was ok
I thought that the plot was hard to discover and it was not very interesting. I thought that the ending was stupid, and they didn't explain everything at the end.
Davina S
Mary
Mary rated it it was ok
Aug 28, 2010
Erin Sherman
Erin Sherman rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2015
Wellsy
Wellsy rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2008
Molly
Molly rated it did not like it
Nov 30, 2008
Reenie1721
Reenie1721 rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2017
Brian
Brian rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Devstress
Devstress rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2008
Mary
Mary rated it it was ok
Sep 26, 2012
Joyce
Joyce rated it really liked it
May 01, 2008
Kadesha Sy
Kadesha Sy rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2012
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
May 14, 2011
Elizabeth ☠
Elizabeth ☠ rated it it was ok
Dec 08, 2013
  • Missing
  • Tennyson
  • Darkhenge
  • Before, After, and Somebody In Between
  • Tips on Having a Gay (Ex) Boyfriend (Belle, #1)
  • Story Time