Start by marking “Amadi and the Phoenix [Excerpt]” as Want to Read:
Amadi and the Phoenix [Excerpt]

Amadi and the Phoenix [Excerpt] (Amadi except from book 1)

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Amadi is determined to find out who betrayed her mentor, and the only way seems to be by entering the guild of thieves. When she is asked to steal the magician's phoenix as an entrance exam, it seems that someone is out to kill her since no one has ever returned alive.
Nook, pre-publication excerpt, 35 pages
Published July 21st 2010 by Gerlach, Katharina

To ask other readers questions about Amadi and the Phoenix [Excerpt], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amadi and the Phoenix [Excerpt]

Katharina Gerlach
Mar 02, 2014 Katharina Gerlach rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
This is the short story that turned into the seed for the three book mini-series "Amadi, the Phoenix, the Sphinx, and the Djinn" years later. It is no longer available.

Since I, the author, learned a lot during the "germination", style and character issues mentioned by reviewers of the short story have been addressed. I hope you will check out the trilogy to see for yourself. ;-)
Lindsey
Short story with action and character development. I got this book free on my Nook and decided to give it a go. Entertaining but I would have like a continuation of what happened next.

Favorite quote: "One of us is the Lyingbird, one is the Firebird and the last one is the Phoenix. But you'll have to make up your mind alone."
Kenna
I like this book. The beginning of the first chapter was a bit off and I almost set it aside but by the end of it I was hooked and when I finished the story, I was looking for a sequel. It was well worth my time, Im glad I stuck with it.
Heavenlypeachgarden
This is a lovely short story reminiscent of persian or arabian fairy tales
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Juneta
Juneta marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
Lyn
Lyn marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
Danabnite
Danabnite marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2013
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2013
Kana
Kana marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2012
Scot
Scot marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2012
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
May 01, 2012
Jennifer Woodford
Jennifer Woodford marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2012
Aurélie Sophie
Aurélie Sophie is currently reading it
Mar 17, 2012
Misty
Misty added it
Feb 17, 2012
Ferin
Ferin marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2012
Yen
Yen marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2012
Bianca
Bianca marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2011
Katharina Gerlach was born in Germany in 1968. She and her three younger brothers grew up in the middle of a forest in the heart of the Luneburgian Heather. After romping through the forest with imagination as her guide, the tomboy learned to read and disappeared into magical adventures, past times or eerie fairytale woods.

She didn’t stop at reading. During her training as a landscape gardener, sh
More about Katharina Gerlach...

Amadi (3 books)
  • Amadi and the Phoenix (Amadi Trilogy #1)
  • Amadi and the Sphinx (Amadi Trilogy #2)
  • Amadi and the Djinn (amadi Trilogy #3)
Scotland's Guardians Amadi, the Phoenix, the Sphinx, and the Djinn Der Zwerg und die Zwillinge: Schneeweißchen und Rosenrot (Schätze Neu Erzählt #1) Paralan's Children Urchin King