Start by marking “The Amazing Mexican Secret (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Amazing Mexican Secret (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures, #5)

The Amazing Mexican Secret (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #5)

Special delivery: Danger

Published August 24th 2010 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Amazing Mexican Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Amazing Mexican Secret

Rossy
Nov 01, 2015 Rossy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
This was my very first Flat Stanley book and adventure and I loved it!
Stanley is cute and fun and from what I've read, he always embarks on different adventures all over the world. This one in particular was about Stanley going to Mexico to find out his friend Carlos's Abuela and her secret ingredient. It includes some Spanish words and Mexican history and interesting facts, as well as great illustrations!
Cornell Poder
Carlos R. - One day wen Carlos the naber came over to Stanley`s house they plaid bull fits.Wen they were plainge carlos yoused Stanley as a red bull blancet.And Arthur was the bull and chorgd right at carlos and stanley.Wen mrs Lamchop went to the hol he sed abaut not plaing bull fits insaid the hause and that the diner is redy.Wen Carlos so the Wevos Rancheros he sed something abaut la Abuelas sicret resapy Wen Ms lamchop herd abaut the sicret resapy she sed that she will col la abuela but she ...more
melissa1lbr
This was my first experience reading a Flat Stanley book and I thought it was great! I definitely enjoyed reading about the flat boy's adventures traveling to Mexico. It has just the right balance of fun and learning to get kids interested while still teaching a bit. Definitely a great choice for those just learning to read short chapter books - it will give them a sense of accomplishment. Full review at One Librarian's Book Reviews.
Terry
This is not the Flat Stanley I remember from school, and I like that he is traveling the world introducing kids to different cultures and language (there is a lot of Spanish mixed in). Still, the story is pretty cliche and predictable. The story moves fast enough, but it isn't one that will be a hit with every reader.

To read our full review, go to The Reading Tub®.
Gabriel
Jan 18, 2015 Gabriel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
This book wasn't very exiting. Probably because it is a fourth grade reading level and I'm in sixth. Flat Stanley's mom is wondering how his friend's grandma makes so good huevos rancheros. Stanley's friend, Carlos says it is a family secret. Flat Stanley ends up getting mailed to Mexico. But, there are spies trying to get the secret, also! In my opinion, this book was WAY to small for me. I read all 89 pages in about half an hour.
Christy
Jun 28, 2016 Christy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: easy-reader
Special delivery: Danger!
When Stanley's mother needs the secret ingredient for a special recipe, Stanley mails himself to Mexico to track down its mysterious maker. But when a band of spies threatens to steal the secret, Stanley's simple trip becomes a race against an opponent that even a flat boy like himself can't slip past!!
Sandybear76
Stanley is once again in the mail, this time to Mexico so he can get the secret ingredient for his mom's cooking spices. Stanley runs into a bull fighter, cousins to his friend, wild chefs, and one very wise old lady. Quick read for me and I think the 2nd and 3rd graders will enjoy this new adventure book in the library.
Ashleigh Miller
This was such a fun chapter book to read. There were pictures which would be great for those students who are transistioning from picture to chapter books. It was such a silly book and I think the kids would love to read this and any of them from the series.
Stacie
Oct 16, 2016 Stacie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stanley goes to Mexico to figure out a secret ingredient. He gets used as a Matadors cape to fight the bull.
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i like the part when stanley finds the grandmother that has the secret ingredients to a recipe.
Johnna Katherine Pool
i loved this book it was about an amazing mexican secret
Caren
These are good little books. This one has a little spanish in it, so it might be a good suggestion for a kid who is bilingual.
Thelionfan123
Jan 31, 2013 Thelionfan123 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
its a very good book flat stanley is like famous
Heather
Apr 15, 2016 Heather rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't go into these books expecting much. This one was the worst so far.
Ethan
Oct 24, 2010 Ethan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The secret ingredient is not the secret. It's what you do with it...
Isaac
Apr 09, 2016 Isaac rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked when Stanley found the special ingredient of Mexico!
Jess Gill
Jun 23, 2011 Jess Gill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures series is a nice addition to the original Flat Stanley series... and a nice change from the endless Magic Treehouse books we read!
Ellen Rainey
Apr 01, 2012 Ellen Rainey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this in preparation for a project I'm "borrowing" from a teacher in Fargo, ND! Flat Stanley really is amazing, because we're communicating across the country...which is a cultural lesson:)

Karen Dransfield
More adventures for Flat Stanley. This time in Mexico where he ends up trying to track down the owner of a special recipe. Another fun tale.
Janet Young
Janet Young rated it liked it
May 31, 2011
David
David rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2010
Linc
Linc rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Ananya
Ananya rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2015
Debbie
Debbie rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2011
Ethan
Ethan rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2010
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2016
Andrew
Andrew rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2015
Connor
Connor rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2014
Raen
Raen rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Intrepid Canadian Expedition (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures, #4)
  • The Great Egyptian Grave Robbery (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #2)
  • Herbert's Wormhole
  • Shark Tooth Tale (Ready, Freddy!, #9)
  • Salsa Stories (cuentos Con Sazon)
  • Thanksgiving Rules
  • Rashouk the Cave Troll (Beast Quest, #21)
  • Kai, Ninja of Fire (Ninjago Chapter Books, #1)
  • A Ghost Tale for Christmas Time (Magic Tree House, #44)
  • Horrible Harry and the Goog
  • The Case of the Lost Boy (The Buddy Files, #1)
  • The Science Fair from the Black Lagoon
  • Sugar Cookies: Sweet Little Lessons on Love

Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Mount Rushmore Calamity (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures, #1)
  • The Great Egyptian Grave Robbery (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #2)
  • The Japanese Ninja Surprise (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures, #3)
  • The Intrepid Canadian Expedition (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures, #4)
  • The African Safari Discovery (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventure, #6)
  • The Flying Chinese Wonders (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #7)
  • The Australian Boomerang Bonanza (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures, #8)
  • Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #9: The US Capital Commotion
  • Showdown at the Alamo (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #10)
  • Framed in France (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #11)