Start by marking “Third Twin: A Novel of Suspense” as Want to Read:
Third Twin: A Novel of Suspense

Third Twin: A Novel of Suspense

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  13,523 ratings  ·  553 reviews
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

Using a restricted FBI database, genetic researcher Jeanie Ferrami has located identical twins born to different mothers. Frightened by her bizarre discovery, she is determined to discover the truth at any cost—until she finds herself at the center of a scandal that could ruin her career.

To fight the charges, Jeannie plunges into a maze of hidden
Published November 17th 2010 by Fawcett (first published December 12th 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Third Twin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Third Twin

Filipa
Grande estreia!
***

O Terceiro Gémeo é o primeiro livro que leio do autor Ken Follet. Muitos de vós podem a este momento perguntar para dentro "como é que é possível?", mas a verdade é que as obras deste autor nunca exerceram um grande fascínio sobre mim. No entanto, esta sinopse fez-me tentar a minha sorte e foi com agrado que arrisquei.
Esta obra foi publicada pela primeira vez em 1996 e este facto fascinou-me durante toda a leitura. A primeira coisa que poderia dizer sobre este livro é que mes
Miriam
Fernanda

soberbo, alucinante e de tirar o fôlego!

este foi o meu primeiro livro de Ken Follett e posso dizer que foi uma excelente estreia!
sem sombra de duvida consegue arrebatar desde o primeiro instante a atenção do leitor e cativa-lo a ler sempre a próxima pagina!

descritivo sem ser maçudo coloca-nos dentro da "cena" o que nos faz inspirar e suspender a respiração com alguma frequência.

a acção é rápida senão mesmo alucinante. tanta coisa a acontecer ao mesmo tempo....

super recomendado!!!
Maria
Aqui está um thriller brilhante. Foi o primeiro livro de Ken Follett que li. Já há algum tempo que acalentava a expectativa de saber como era a escrita deste famoso autor que tanta fama tem. Pensei começar pelos Pilares da Terra, mas não consegui ficar devidamente curiosa; depois pensei naqueles da guerra, A Queda dos Gigantes e o O Inverno do Mundo, no entanto, devido ao seu tamanho e preço (e alguma falta de curiosidade total) também não apostei.
Depois comecei a observar os seus thrillers. Co
Jerry
We find Follett’s medieval stories to be great, and his wartime spy novels fairly good; and so looked forward to a modern-day storyline in “Twin”. It’s difficult to summarize the plot without spoiling it, although the book’s title helps us figure out what’s going on about 150 pages before the key players do! A researcher, Jeannie Ferrami, is doing clever studies on twins raised apart, where one is a criminal and the other a good guy – working on the old nature versus nurture argument. When her b ...more
Thomas Strömquist
Hard to believe this one was penned by the same man as Key to Rebecca, Pillars of the Earth and Fall of Giants, which, not being literature masterworks, are highly enjoyable and recommended reads. This one has some ideas and suspense, but plays out like a horrible b-movie...
Teresa
Umas horas bem passadas. Tema interessante.
Heather
Rita
I remember that this was the very first book I checked out from my high school library. The reason I remember is because of the sex scenes in the book. Let me explain.

Up until this point in time, I had been going to a Catholic school. My middle school didn't have a library; if we wanted books, we had to go to the public library. I was a frequent visitor at the public library; my favorite books were romance novels with lots of *ahem*.

Anyway, fast-forward to high school. I was so excited to final
Donna
A mild fan of Ken Follet. Read his mysteries many years ago and now reading both his new series. Was looking for something else and found this one. I have to admit I read it over New Year's so I finished it in two days. Liked the locations of Baltimore, DC and Philadelphia and really having an idea of where things were happening. The attempted rape in Jeannie Ferami's car was horrifyingly real as she listed areas she was driving through that were recognizable and brought it more to life. The vic ...more
Shahr Baran
اولین رمانی بود که از فالت خوندم .این کتاب بنام همزاد سوم یا سومین قل در ایران ترجمه وچاپ شده است ..رمان بسیار قشنگی است که خواننده را تا اخر داستان باهیجان همراه نگه میدارد این کتاب درباره شبیه سازی در ارتش امریکاست وداستان هیجان انگیزش خوب ساخته شده ..فیلمی هم از روی این کتاب ساخته شده که دیدنش خالی از لطف نیست .
Janyse
Jun 04, 2008 Janyse rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Janyse by: janysefrerichs@gmail.com
I find that Ken Follett typically writes a great story, full of intrigue and drama....BUT...(did you sense that coming???) he seems to feel the need to "dirty-up" his books. His women swear like sailors and talk dirty, and without fail, every one of his books contain scenes that can only be described as sex from a man's perspective. A woman would make the scene "romantic" and he just somehow seems to make it nasty. (I hate that word, but I can't think of something more descriptive.) Though I enj ...more
Daniel Gonçalves
I was in fact a litle aprehensive when I bought this book. I think it was because it was old and I was affraid it would be outdated. I was surprised I have to say. This book kept my interest throughout and it was enjoyable.

I really liked the Idea of having phsychology and biology all mixed together creating a very interesting thriller that will hook you from the start.

Of course this isn't the pinnacle of Follett, BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE "THE PILLARS OF THE EARTH" but nonetheless it's worth your mo
Becky
The Third Twin continues my love/hate relationship with the action/mystery/thriller genre.

Having read and enjoyed a couple of Ken Follett's historical fiction books set in the Middle Ages, my expectations were high. I knew this was billed as a fast-paced mystery in a contemporary setting, but was still interested in how Follett would adapt to this context.

The major premiss starts out with the familiar argument of environment vrs genetic influence in shaping or controlling aggressive behavior. T
Simona Bartolotta
Sarò franca: i thriller non mi piacciono. Ma questo sì che mi è piaciuto, e molto, anche se forse mi aspettavo che i caratteri scientifici avessero un ruolo più centrale,benché non siano affatto di sfondo.
Che dire, da leggere. In Ken Follet ho trovato un autore capace e un narratore eccellente, e letteralmente impossibile staccare gli occhi dalle pagine. E credetemi, ce ne vuole di talento per far leggere 511 pagine in meno di ventiquattro ore!
Manray9
What happened to Ken Follett? His earlier works, such as The Key to Rebecca and Eye of the Needle, were well-crafted thrillers. The Third Twin is sophomoric with every character a stereotype. The novel has little suspense, no interesting characterizations, with foolish plot devices and juvenile twists abound. Ken must be simply churning out the pulp to make a few bucks. Save your money.
Abbie
I read this book several times in junior high and high school and never got tired of it. The scientific aspects are intriguing and convincing, and the story just zips right along. It almost inspired me to become a genetic researcher!
Daniel Gonçalves
Best thriller novel I've ever read. I'm always skeptic about thrillers. I feel that the style most thrillers writters write, Follett himself, is dry and not emotional. This one superated my expectations. Really good novel
Margarida
A minha estreia com Ken Follett e adorei!

Muito, muito bom! Corrupção... Conspiração... Engenharia genética... Policial e suspense q.b.

Para mim os ingredientes perfeitos, para uma boa leitura! ;)
Rosa Ramôa
Os enredo secundários da condição de gémeos sempre me interessaram...

Tenho que aprender a colocar imagens nos comentários...URGENTE!!!
Carolin
Steven Logan, ein attraktiver, großer, junger Mann reist aufgrund einer Einladung zu einem Forschungsprojekt an die JFU. Dort soll er als Versuchsperson einige Tests über sich ergehen lassen - doch dann endet alles in einem großen Durcheinander, die Professorin auf der Straße und Steven im Gefängnis. Er wird angeklagt, eine junge Frau brutal vergewaltigt zu haben, die er jedoch noch nie gesehen hat, die ihn jedoch wiederum bei der Gegenüberstellung identifiziert hat.

Mein erster Ken Follett und i
Roger Bailey
As a science fiction fan I occasionally read a science fiction novel written by a non science fiction writer. They usually are not very good. The author usually does not understand the genre and it shows. They usually try to downplay the fantastic elements or the scientific extrapolations as if they are embarrassed about it. The story often turns into a soap opera with the scientific extrapolations appended as if the author was forced to put them in against his will.
The Third Twin is an exceptio
Maria João Fernandes
Uma história com muito potencial, que junta os temas da genética, violência e criminalidade, revela-se uma desilusão quando o aborrecimento e a vulgaridade expõe a fraqueza comum a todas as personagens. Nenhuma delas é suficientemente desenvolvida, o que provoca um sentimento de alheamento, que rapidamente se torna cansativo. Incapaz de formular uma opinião sólida sobre as almas que povoam este livro, devido à ausência de aprofundamento, durante todo o tempo de leitura senti apatia, acabando fin ...more
daniel
Thriller abbastanza prevedibile che si lascia leggere senza troppi intoppi. La trama scorre veloce e vorrebbe talvolta aprire temi delicati come quello della clonazione... fallisce miseramente nello scopo, le riflessioni sono superficiali e gia' sentite, non aggiungono nulla ne' alla conoscienza del lettore ne' alla personalita' del personaggio che le formula. Tuttavia riesce a farci divertire qua e la grazie a una sapiente esposizione dei fatti, non male anche lo spessore dei personaggi(nei lim ...more
Cat
Doctor Jean (Jeannie) Ferrami is a scientist studying the causes of criminal behavior by comparing sets of twins raised separately, especially when one is a criminal and the other a law-abiding citizen. When her friend, the lab technician Lisa Hoxton is raped, a man called Steve Logan is accused of that crime. But Steve is a Law student and he happens to be one of Ferrami's study subjects. Meaning he has a twin brother who was raised by different parents. Ferrami knows Steve has indeed a twin, D ...more
Nilima Pisharody
The Third Twin features
1. Dr. Jaennie Ferrami, a scientist out to uncover a 'BIG SECRET'. (Yeah, not so big, as it turns out)
2. To be Lawyer Steve Logan (Twin 1)
3. Criminal Dennis Parker (Twin 2)
4. Sick Wierdo Harvey Berrington (Twin 3) and so on.

A doctor in search of truth, a wrongly accused to be lawyer, and a sick wierdo who should have been captured in the first place, make the main elements of this novel. What happens next is something that you should read yourself to find out.

Even though t
Sílvia Mourão
Considero que merece 4,5 estrelas. Não atinge as 5 estrelas pois fica um pouco atrás de outros livros do autor, tais como "A chave para Rebeca" ou "O homem de Sampetersburgo".
É um livro bem escrito, que prende o leitor da primeira à última página. As diferentes tramas estão bem entrosadas, bem como a parte policial com o romance e todas as explicações sobre genética/ADN. Estas últimas são úteis, concisas e não cansam o leitor nem diminuem o ritmo da trama.
Sukla Pal
The novel is awesome particularly if anybody is interested in the genetics and identical twin concepts. I thoroughly enjoyed it and have just completed my journey through a mysterious arena. It's written in a very modern style. There has been a lot to know from the characters of Dr. Jeannie Ferrami. The concept of cloning is really awesome. In a nutshell this novel contains drama, mystery, romance, research, science, perseverance, bravery and lots of other things. And I heartily thank to Ken Fol ...more
Lynne
I was intrigued by the biological implications of the plot of this book. In true Ken Follett fashion, this was a "page-turner." I couldn't wait to get back to it. I was impressed that he managed to draw his characters fairly well, but never slowed the pace of the action. This would be a good choice to take along when you have quite a few hours to read. I've read books in hospital waiting rooms, and this is one you could get into and not be the least disturbed by all the comings and goings around ...more
E Wilson

I've had about half a dozen Readers Digest condensed books on
my bookshelves for several years so I decided to give one a try and
The Third Twin was the first one I read. I'm not sure how they condense a book. Do they take out the adverbs and adjectives or cut
out whole paragraphs? It seemed a little choppy to me, but maybe
that was just the power of suggestion.

The story itself was interesting enough. Like so many
psychologists, Jeannie is studying identical twins who were brought
up apart. Steve is
mysteries involving twins 1 4 Apr 06, 2015 03:53PM
The third twin 1 34 Dec 19, 2008 12:41PM
  • A Mão do Diabo (Tomás Noronha #6)
  • Messiah
  • Die letzte Spur
  • Die dunkle Seite
  • Ausgebrannt
  • The Burning Man
  • The Scorpion's Gate
  • Written in Bone (David Hunter, #2)
  • The Last Pope (Vaticano, #1)
  • The Devil's Teardrop
  • Le Concile de pierre
  • Niente di vero tranne gli occhi
  • Inverno de Sombras
  • Un filo di fumo
  • Without Mercy
  • Nemesis
  • Day Of Confession
  • The Inner Sanctum
Ken Follett burst onto the book world in 1978 with Eye of the Needle, a taut and original thriller with a memorable woman character in the central role. The book won the Edgar award and became an outstanding film.

He went on to write four more bestselling thrillers: Triple; The Key to Rebecca; The Man from St Petersburg; and Lie Down with Lions.

He also wrote On Wings of Eagles, the true story of ho
More about Ken Follett...
The Pillars of the Earth  (The Pillars of the Earth, #1) Fall of Giants (The Century Trilogy, #1) World Without End (The Pillars of the Earth, #2) Eye of the Needle Winter of the World (The Century Trilogy #2)