Concrete Savior (Dark Redemption, #2)

Concrete Savior (Dark Redemption #2)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  173 ratings  ·  26 reviews
They say no good deed goes unpunished. Brynna Malak is living proof.

A fallen angel in human form, Brynna is trying to earn another chance at heaven. So far, her road to redemption is littered with casualties, especially since Lucifer's minions are intent on dragging her back to hell. And being mortal only got more complicated since Brynna became involved with Detective Era...more
Published May 31st 2011

To ask other readers questions about Concrete Savior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Concrete Savior

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareGraceling by Kristin CashoreThe Iron Queen by Julie KagawaThe Iron Daughter by Julie KagawaClockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
BOOKS YOU NEED TO READ
16th out of 166 books — 55 voters
Divergent by Veronica RothIllusions by Aprilynne PikeThe Throne of Fire by Rick RiordanDie for Me by Amy PlumWhat Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
Best books of May, 2011
34th out of 59 books — 138 voters

More lists with this book...

Bookaholics
Concrete Savior by Yvonne Navarro
Urban Fantasy – May 31st, 2011
4 stars

Concrete Savior is a compelling book that brings up moral questions of right and wrong. This is the second book in the Dark Redemption series concerning the fallen angel, Brynna, but can easily be read by itself.

Brynna is a fallen angel who has escaped Hell. Lucifer wants her back and has sent demons to hunt her down. Ever vigilant of these Hunters, Brynna is disturbed by a rash of murders and suspects demon intervention. A st...more
Michelle Wilson
Concrete Savior was a good read. Unfortunately it wasn't a great read...maybe I was spoiled from her previous book Highborn. Highborn was a fast paced read Concrete Savior wasn't. It seemed like it took me forever and didn't hold my interest. The book kept jumping around which made it Confusing. I only wish it would have focused on only Brynna. Overall the book wasn't horrible at all. I would still recommend her books even if I was disappointed when it wandered from the plot focusing on Brynna....more
N.L. Riviezzo
The perspective jumped around a lot making the storyline occasionally difficult to follow. Not a bad story overall but I prefer the first book when the main characters were the main characters.
April
Like I had anticipated from the other reviews, there were a lot of POVs in this one, it seems even more so than the first.

The only way to explain would be to compare it to a movie. In a movie, they're always looking for the right angle to make it more dramatic, etc. They're never just stick the camera behind one person's back. And, this is what it appears Navarro was aiming for...just in a book, which doesn't work, at least not here, not now.

Another issue I had is that if you're going to be show...more
Susan
Concrete Savior is the second book in Navarro's Dark Redemption series. This book picks up with Brynna and Eran living together but still not sure where they want to take their relationship. They get pulled back into Brynna's world when a savior ends up saving people from death with horrific consequences. The question then becomes can you leave a person to die if their death may save others? And who is the person pulling the strings to save these doomed people? Navarro delivers a page turning ta...more
Pamela
Kelly
Concrete Savior is the second in Yvonne Navarro’s Dark Redemption series starring Brynna Malak, a fallen angel living as a human in Chicago and trying to earn her way back to Heaven. I enjoyed the first book, Highborn, and Concrete Savior is just as good. Like its predecessor, it mixes angel/demon mythology with superhero tropes for a unique urban fantasy blend.

An anonymous Good Samaritan is afoot in Chicago. Somehow, he seems to know exactly where to find people in danger, and rescues them at g...more
Scooper Speaks
Favorite Lines: “They had it all wrong. The real Concrete Savior is you.” (p. 343)

Book two in Yvonne Navarro’s Dark Redemption series, Concrete Savior, picks up a few months after the events in Highborn. Brynna is still determined to earn forgiveness for the crimes she committed after she fell from heaven. In book one she learned the best intentions don’t always equal a happy ending, but it hasn’t stopped her from trying to be good.

This go around there is even more action and plot lines to follo...more
Melliane
Ce tome était vraiment très bien, on retrouve une Brynna qui s'est adaptée au monde qui l'entoure et aux moeurs humaines.
Elle se retrouve à habiter avec Eran qui ne souhaite que d'être avec elle. On en apprendra d'ailleurs un peu plus dans ce tome sur Eran dont un frère dont il ne connaissait pas l'existence vient sonner à sa porte.

Brynna va se retrouver une nouvelle fois embarquée dans une histoire de démons et néphilims. Un curieux nouveau héros se voit sauver la vie de plusieurs personnes san...more
Kathy
The Chaos Theory

I strongly suggest you read the previous book (Highborn) prior to reading this book.

This was not the stellar follow-up that I was expecting, especially after reading Highborn which was spectacular. However, this installment was still great and definitely read worthy.

The author weaved a dark tale of death and mayhem, while successfully juggling several storylines. The plot definitely thickens with this installment. Demons are running amuck behind the scenes while, nephilims are wr...more
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
Rating: 3.0 Stars
Genre: Urban Fantasy

Concrete Savior is the second novel in the Dark Redemption series written by Yvonne Navarro. The series features Bryanna Malak, aka Astarte, a fallen angel/demon who escaped from Lucifer’s grasp and started living life as a human in the city of Chicago. She now works as in interpreter because she has the ability to speak any language in the world. Bryanna’s reason for escaping from hell and living as a human is simple; she wants to find a way towards redempti...more
Ami
First of all, this doesn't feel like urban fantasy with mystery flair. Instead, it's the other way around. This story takes 3rd person point of view from multiple characters, that Brynna and Eran don't feel like the main characters anymore. The main plot is complex; it involves another demon, a woman who can sees into other people's destiny, and a Nephilim who thinks that he is saving people's life.

Due to this multiple characters perception, I feel the book is mainly a mystery/thriller...more
Fantasy Literature

Deva
Full review http://urbanparanormal.blogspot.com

This book jumps around A LOT from POV to POV so the meat of the book isn't even focused on Brynna and Eran anymore. Most of it is set up to where Brynna and Eran would really come in. I still like Brynna as my heroine even though she nearly lost a fight ... But come on ... She was outnumbered. I didn't like the way the big fight ended AT ALL. I thought it was just too easy and a cop out and it has me wondering how a big fight will end in the next bo...more
Emoore0916
3.5 stars.....this storyline is just different for me. I don't rate it high but commit myself to reading the next one.....I ask myself why and can only say because I'm looking for an answer. Like what is she really doing to redeem herself......whose watching.....when will they appear in the book......when will Satan send her message besides the hunters......that's what keeps bringing me back. I wasn't satisfied with the ending of book 1 nor am I with book 2 .....but when book 3 comes out.....yes...more
Susan
This is the 2nd of the Highborn series about Brynna Malak, fallen angel trying to earn redemption from God. The series is set in Chicago, IL and Brynna works with a police detective, who is reluctantly starting to believe she is not human. This story deals with a Good Samaritan who rescues people but they later do something terrible. Lots of deep thoughts on good vs. evil, humanity and whether she can actually be redeemed. I really love this series and the characters.
Melissa Waite
really disappointed. the first book was so much better. this book was weak in plot and disjointed
Sense361
The second book of the series, it continues the story of a fallen angel seeking redemption. The first book held my interest due to the complete inhumanness of the main heroine. This book held a lot of POVs and I am sorry to say that the main heroine's POV doesn't have a lot of space in it. But the plot was interesting anyway, so I still highly recommend this series. It is as close to Kate Daniels quality as it can get:)
Dan Beaver
Bought this because Yvonne is a friend of a friend. When I saw one of the blurbs on the back was from Romantic Times, I realized I was not the intended audience, but Yvonne wove a very compelling story. It might be a guilty pleasure, but I will read the other books in the series.
Jackie
I loved this book and the preceding one (Highborn) as well. Brynna is a fascinating character and her path to redemption promises a long series ahead. I am anticipating the next book as much as I am anticipating the next Cal Leandros story.
Elspeth
I am not one to like jumping characters and it happens a lot in this story. It wasn't a bad book, just not as well written as the first installment.
Wogc
Still an interesting concept/universe, but I prefered the first one in the series :)
Hmr28
I love this series. Gritty, kick a** heroine and a yummy hero. What's not to love?
Danielle
Very action packed and a fun read. I can't wait for the next book to come out.
Gianne Kris
hmmm.... more characters to look for :)
Maryanne
More pllease
Queneofthedark
Queneofthedark marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Kalyn
Kalyn is currently reading it
Aug 03, 2014
  • Death's Sweet Embrace (Dark Brethren #2)
  • Sparks (Anya Kalinczyk, #2)
  • Blood Rules (Bloodlands, #2)
  • Rogue Oracle (Oracle, #2)
  • The Assassins' Lover (Tale of the Demon World, #7)
  • Blood Sacrifice (Blood Lines #5)
  • Sacrifice (Mortal Path, #2)
  • Shadowman (Shadow, #3)
  • Bedeviled Angel (Works Like Magick, #2)
  • Black Howl (Black Wings, #3)
  • Nightmare Ink (Living Ink, #1)
  • Desdaemona
  • Shadow Fall (Shadowchasers, #3)
  • Darkness Descending
  • Water Waltz (Elemental Attraction, #1)
  • Ghost Ocean
  • Sins of the Lost (Grigori Legacy, #3)
  • Mists of Velvet (Annwyn Chronicles, #2)
Yvonne Navarro is the author of Concrete Savior, Highborn, AfterAge, deadrush, Final Impact, Mirror Me and a bunch of other books, plus Buffy the Vampire Slayer novels and tie-in novels for Hellboy, Elektra, and others."
More about Yvonne Navarro...
Tempted Champions (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 5, #3) Paleo (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #5) Wicked Willow I: The Darkening (Wicked Willow, #1) Highborn (Dark Redemption, #1) Wicked Willow II: Shattered Twilight (Wicked Willow, #2)