Start by marking “Baiser de l'ombre (Vampire Academy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Baiser de l'ombre (Vampire Academy, #3)

Baiser de l'ombre (Vampire Academy #3)

4.39  ·  Rating Details ·  252,846 Ratings  ·  9,564 Reviews
Rose va bientôt passer son diplôme. L'entraînement est difficile, elle manque de concentration et ses cauchemars l'empêchent de dormir. Mais ce qui la perturbe le plus, c'est qu'elle est amoureuse de Dimitri. Quand les Strigoï prennent la Vampire Academy comme cible pour l'attaque la plus dévastatrice de l'histoire Moroï, Dimitri est pris en otage. Or, c'est Lissa que
Rose
Published January 14th 2011 by Castelmore (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Baiser de l'ombre, please sign up.

Silvia Grigová yea I agree with you. I was reading the book until 2am. because I wanted to finish it really badly. And I think I cried my eyes out. :(
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Naomi I hope they will find a cure or something :((((
بجماليون by توفيق الحكيمالحجاج  بن يوسف الثقفي طاغية بني أمية by منصور عبد الحكيمأهل الكهف by توفيق الحكيمحوار مع صديقي الملحد by مصطفى محمودالإسكندر الأكبر by مصطفى محمود
the best
51st out of 59 books — 25 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristi
Nov 15, 2008 Kristi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible! This series continues to get better. This is one of the best vampire themed series’ out there. After my disappointment with other series’ losing there touch, I have to say that it is not the case with these books. Everything that initially drew me in is still there and then some. I’ve been in anticipation for this book for a long time, and when I finally got a copy it trumped everything else!

There were parts of the story that I figured out, and even though I wanted the novel to end
The Holy Terror
I think I have to assume that something devastating will happen in every series that Mead writes. With this one I was pretty much crying from the last 40 pages until the end. Talk about heartbreaking! I sort of saw what was going to happen coming but it didn't make it any less horrible. I'm actually still feeling the effects of this novel and I had to quickly order the next two books to find out what happens.

On the heels of the death of her friend, Rose finds out that she's going to start six w
   Maggie
I can't write a proper review for this. My little heart is too broken for it.
THAT ENDING

Okay okay I just hope the other books are good as well. I mean, I've heard this one is the best one so far and then it all just fades. Maybe the hype will fade maybe it'll grow I don't know. But I just hope Richelle Mead doesn't disappoint with them.
Rose
Well holy shiiiiiiiiiit @ the end of this.
Kimi
Buddy read with the lovely Yasmin

Finishing this book and running to Goodreads like

So this book started off really well. I think this might be one of those series that get more interesting with each new book. But that ending! Why did nobody warn me? The worst part is that I don't even have the next book.

(view spoiler)
Kat Kennedy
Mar 30, 2010 Kat Kennedy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far, Shadow Kiss is my favorite book in the series. Richelle Mead steps up her game on a number of fronts, in my opinion.

Plot, characterization, style, pacing and romance. All of these receive a marked improvement.

The VA world becomes more real, relatable and defined. The relationship become more involved, less childish and the main character, Rose, receives a healthy dose of adulthood.

I am coming to really enjoy these books. I wouldn't have continued past the first one without the encouragem
Courtney
Nov 12, 2008 Courtney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the twilight series
Shelves: teens, horror
Taneika
Jul 23, 2016 Taneika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I HAVE SO MANY EMOTIONS RIGHT NOW AND I CAN'T STOP CRYING.
Why did I think reading this series would be a good idea, WHY?
Etnik
Aug 21, 2015 Etnik marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
DNF 10%

description

Can't continue with this.It's so cheesy and I never liked the main character and I don't feel like reading about vampires anymore.
Norah Una Sumner
description

I feel like it doesn't get better than this.Rose is finally becoming more mature,the whole story was really interesting and captivating,there are a lot of serious issues and topics included in this book and the characters are finally starting to feel...real.If that makes any sense.That ending was so intense-I would have never ever thought that a Vampire Academy novel was going to make me cry but it really happened.I don't think that the rest of the series can take this book off the throne when i
☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė
5/5

OH MY GOSH! I am so upset right now after reading that ending! I seriously have tears in my eyes. I have to collect my thoughts before I write a full review.

So that 30 minutes did about nothing to help me get over that ending. I was basically depressed and now desperate to read the next one.

This book has to be my favorite book ever. There subplots and subplots. The whole Strigoi problems, relationships, mystery ghosts, and again relationships there were no pauses and that was very good.

Dimitr
Pearl Angeli
(I realized that I wasn't able to make a review of this book. Lol. I'm sorry) :D

Anyways, Shadow Kiss is the third installment of the Vampire Academy series. I loved this sequel because everything that happened here was remarkable. I saw the strength of character Rose was able to develop. I also loved the romance between her and Dimitri. The whole book was also filled with adrenaline-pulling action scenes which were a lot better than the first two books.

The great aspect of this book was the clim
Emily May
May 31, 2011 Emily May rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal-uf, 2011

There's no denying it, I loved this third book in the series (probably best of all) and I finished it with all kinds of feelings and thoughts running through my head. The ending leaves the reader on such a cliffhanger and the fact that I am constantly being warned against reading book 4 just makes it all the worse. I want to know what happens... damn it, I NEED to know what happens. Can that possibly be it? (view spoiler)

I've com
Bookables Heather
Apr 30, 2013 Bookables Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, vampires
I didn't really enjoy the first two books of the Vampire Academy Series but I adored this one! Shadow Kiss has a ton more action & I actually feel for the characters!
Rose is quickly becoming one of my all time favorite female characters. She is strong, smart and not taken lightly.
Lissa- I'm not really a huge fan of Lissa. I mean I like her don't get me wrong but I just feel like she could be more.
Dimitri- There's nothing more to be said.

This is very true.

Christian- I am beginning to like
Juliana Zapata
May 20, 2015 Juliana Zapata rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
En este libro las emociones no hacen mas que aumentar a cada página, llegas a un punto en que la acción, la pasión, el romance y el peligroso no te dejan parar de leer.

Hasta ahora mi favorito de la saga. Ademas el final esta de muerte, no puedo creer ninguna de las cosas que pasaron al final de este libro.

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2015/0...
♔ Leah.
Spoilers ahead, you have been warned

I think this book kind of made me love this series because it went on a level that no other YA book went before and I was very happy about the fact that Richelle Mead took a risk, but looking back in hindsight at this series? I was wrong, terribly wrong but let’s save that for when I do reviews of Spirit Bound and Last Sacrifice, shall we?

In Shadow Kiss, Rose is suffering the trauma of the Spokane incident and Mason’s death- which adds another twist: she i
Dan
Jul 27, 2013 Dan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sobs, owned
Let me express my feelings of this book by using this gif

description

That pretty much sums up my feelings for this book.
Jianne
Shadow Kiss is the third installment in The Vampire Academy Series and it is by far, my favorite book in the series! I mean, how can I not? It's so good!

Adele won 6 Grammy in the past Grammay's. What does she have to say about the book?

Adele approves!

Summary

Shadow Kiss continues the story of the main character, Rose Hathaway and her education in becoming a Guardian. Rose knows it is forbidden to love another guardian. Her best friend Lissa- the last Dragomir princess- must always come first. U
Mitabird
Dec 02, 2012 Mitabird rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, paranormal, re-read
Shadow Kiss started off slow, but ended up being great. I really like how Ms. Mead takes things to a level where not everything has a happy ending. It has realistic qualities for being a young adult paranormal book. I felt Rose's pain and confusion as she struggled with what she had to deal with being "shadow kissed". I enjoyed her interactions with Lissa, Dmitri and Adrian. Even though I inadvertently knew a big piece of the story, it didn't happen as I envisioned. This book has a lot of heart, ...more
Gela & Pineapplez ♡
OMFG.
My heart...
My fu*&ing heart...

Jilly
I rarely thought about Dimitri as someone with a life away from me.

You know who else thinks people disappear when they leave the room? Infants. It's a concept that they have to grow out of - figuring out that people have lives apart from when they are in the child's presence. It's called "Object Permanence" and according to my old psychology book, a child should have fully developed object permanence by the age of 2.

In other words, although Rose shows signs of maturity on rare occasions, she h
Nov 05, 2008 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who can handle it none of you twilight-happy ending people
what to say about this book... i just finished it and it was really good but some people will be very angry about it not to give too much away. and just to tell you rose does make a huge decision in this book and it's mind blowing. i liked it because it continued on in the infamous manner of the series not to give too much away. defiantly a must read series and it left a wide opening for the next book to be awesome. there's not really much to say i really liked it but it makes you sad just like ...more
Anouk | (Foxidian_)
I am not okay, not at all...
I cried like a baby...
Mary
May 16, 2016 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My feels were broken. 3

First read in February 2014
Euryanthe
Sep 13, 2013 Euryanthe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh god... Dimitri... I can't even... That ending!

Pretty much took off a star because I was disgusted with how Rose treated Adrian in the end. No matter how hurt you are it doesn't give you the right to use people in such a way. What a fucking bitch she is sometimes.

Apart from that thing, this was the best one so far. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Christy
Nov 13, 2008 Christy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in the VAMPIRE ACADEMY series and I highly recommend you read the first two books before reading this one. I read all 400 plus pages of this book in one day ~ it grabbed my attention from the very first and I could not put it down. Intense, suspenseful and full of shocking surprises ~ I can't wait until the next book is released!

Laz
Jan 11, 2015 Laz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire addicts
“You will lose what you value most, so treasure it while you can.”

You see that? It's 5 STARS!!. This grew so much onto me and I can't shake that feeling of excitement every time I read a word, a page, from this book. I've tied myself with the characters on such a profound level.

This book was the epitome of crying-hard-in-your-bed. It's one of those books that after you finish reading you just stare ahead into the unknown with your dead-feeling eyes for the rest of the day and when you snap out o
Booknut
And I'm lying on the cold hard ground!

Q: How does Taylor Swift's catchy song apply to me reading Shadow Kiss?
A: Because I knew there was trouble when I walked in.

Lol, jokes - I knew there was trouble the moment that weird psychic lady was like, "You will lose what you treasure the most!" Because it would be horribly convenient if the book didn't end in a heart-wrenching cliffhanger, now wouldn't it?!

I was just...shattered.

Broken.

And the saddest fear...comes creeping in. That my OTP is doomed
Alessia
Mar 24, 2016 Alessia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ghosts on plane 2 12 Jul 31, 2016 09:10PM
2016 Reading Chal...: Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead 1 6 Jun 25, 2016 12:18PM
isn't it confusing ? 5 22 Jun 14, 2016 03:58PM
Did you cry? 62 217 May 05, 2016 04:25PM
DomocosI do not want compromises 1 8 Jan 21, 2016 10:12PM
! YA Heroines !: 2016 JAN - Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3) by Richelle Mead 2 5 Jan 11, 2016 05:17PM
Links Video! Star Wars: The Force Awakens Movie Online Full 2016 1 3 Jan 08, 2016 09:13AM
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3)
  • Deity (Covenant, #3)
  • Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4)
  • The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses, #5)
  • Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction
  • Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4)
  • The Chosen (Night World, #5)
  • Chosen (House of Night, #3)
  • If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)
  • Haunted (The Mediator, #5)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f
More about Richelle Mead...

Vampire Academy (6 books)
  • Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)
  • Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)
  • Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)
  • Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)
  • Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)

20 trivia questions
11 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“You will lose what you value most, so treasure it while you can.” 2635 likes
“What's up?" I asked.

You tell me," he said. "You were the one about ready to start making out with Adrian."

It was an experiment," I said. "It was part of my therapy."

What the hell kind of therapy are you in?”
2565 likes