Start by marking “Il giardino d'estate” as Want to Read:
Il giardino d'estate

Il giardino d'estate (The Bronze Horseman #3)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  12,565 ratings  ·  1,312 reviews
Si erano incontrati alla vigilia dello scoppio della seconda guerra mondiale, a Leningrado. Si erano amati fra gli stenti, la desolazione e le bombe di un assedio terribile, con la speranza di poter vivere un giorno altrove, in pace. Ora, 20 anni più tardi, davanti a un incerto futuro, quell'amore è messo alla prova. Tatiana e Alexander si sono miracolosamente riuniti in A ...more
Published July 2010 by BUR (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Il giardino d'estate, please sign up.

Adara Maria & the new spy neighbour? Honestly, if it's bugging you that much, just skip those parts! I hated it and it wasn't very special. You don't…moreMaria & the new spy neighbour? Honestly, if it's bugging you that much, just skip those parts! I hated it and it wasn't very special. You don't lose much if you don't read it. You could always go back later if you want. It's just about how brave Tatia is, & how she never gives up *eye*roll*Omg* (less)
Il cavaliere d'inverno by Paullina SimonsJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëLa straniera by Diana GabaldonOrgoglio e pregiudizio by Jane AustenSognando te by Lisa Kleypas
La storia d'amore più emozionante
11th out of 165 books — 54 voters
Il cavaliere d'inverno by Paullina SimonsLover Avenged. Un amore infuocato by J.R. WardCome cenere nel vento by Kathleen E. WoodiwissPorpora by J.R. WardRoma 42 d.C. by Adele Vieri Castellano
Amore in guerra
24th out of 41 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Jul 12, 2013 Christina (A Reader of Fictions) rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Christina (A Reader of Fictions) by: Lisa V.
FINALLY. I am done with this series. I can put it to bed and never think on it again. There are times where the series was quite good, but more times where it was frustrating, puzzling, and rage-inducing. Unfortunately, the latter sort of moments almost entirely comprise the final volume of the trilogy, making this a painful read. And, fuck yes, there will be spoilers and profanity all up in this review.

The Almost Good
Simons obviously knows how to write well. She's got a great command of languag
Aestas Book Blog
Jan 13, 2014 Aestas Book Blog rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who has read books 1&2 and wants to continue this EPIC LOVE STORY

10++ stars

WOW!! Once again, I am writing this review through my tears (happy tears). What a beautiful book and wonderful conclusion to one of the greatest love stories ever told!!!!

The first part of this book is about healing. Healing from all the traumas WW2 has left on their bodies and souls. About finding a way to emotionally find their way back to the peace of Lazarevo. Their memories haunt them like scars - unforgettable souvenirs of a war neither of them wanted to fight as t
Alyssa
How can I explain my feelings for this book?

Do you know how every television show in the history of television has that one will they/won't they couple? At some point, they eventually come together... and it is totally underwhelming for viewers. The relationship just seems weird.

That is what happened here.

When Tatiana and Alexander first marry in The Bronze Horseman, it is damn near perfect. The second half of that novel focuses on their relationship and it is so well done. Perfect measures of p
Kelly
While this book is my favorite from the series it is also the most difficult emotionally to read. Tatiana and Alexander embark on a journey that is life.. Trying to put themselves back together as individuals as well as lovers.

So many twists and turns in this one. I can only say if you haven't read it run out and buy it! (if you can find it in the U.S.) Perfect closure to a wonderful series.

Alexander will break your heart but I found that I would allow it to break 100x just to find the love th
Kristin (KC)
My Tatiana and Alexander whirlwind has officially (and reluctantly), come to an end. I must admit to feeling slightly lost right now, and confess my emotional fatigue brought on by the tremendous heartache of this beautifully touching trilogy.

The final installation to The Bronze Horseman was all that I had hoped it would be and more. At first- I was unsure where this book was headed; Alexander's character had changed dramatically due to the trials of war, and I was afraid the old "Shura" would n
Shell Schroth
Phew... Well I'm EXHAUSTED!!!

Seriously! Never in my life have I read a novel, that forcefully strips you of all strength with its sheer emotional instability.

Many times, while turning the pages I was sorely tempted to put it down. To find contentment in the ending of it's previous installment 'Tatiana and Alexander'... But I'm a trooper, and I'm not a fan of not seeing things through.. So I persevered.

Thank God for small favours!

Eventhough, there were times I could literally hear my heart bre
Zeek
I can't tell you how much I adore Simons for this book!

In the first two novels in the Bronze Horseman trilogy by Paullina Simons, she throws our two protags, Alexander and Tatiana, into peril from the outset- starting with the siege of Leningrad during WWII on through their eventual escape to America in the late 1940's.

When the second book ended, I couldn't see how Simon's could squeeze any more gripping material out of Tatiana and Alexander's lives. But she wonderfully surprised me.

As the blurb
Annie
Oct 20, 2008 Annie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historical Fiction Readers, Love Story Fans
Recommended to Annie by: Belinda Sheehan
Don't let the size of this tome put you off - you should find yourself flying through the pages. If you've gotten this far and read The Bronze Horseman and The Bridge to Holy Cross then you'll be dying to finish the series and reach a resolution for Tatiana and Alexander. You won't be disappointed.

I don't want to give anything away but this was definitely written at the same calibre as the first novel. It was just as gut-wrenching and just as powerful. Finishing these three books, gave me such a
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
4.5 's

So if you've read the blurb, you know that now Alexander and Tatiana are finally reunited and in America. Unfortunately, not all their problems are solved. They both have changed so much in their time apart and they are parents now...trying to find a way to make their family and their lives work.

I was sooo happy when I started reading this book and finally got to the parts I've been waiting for..Shura and Tania back together! I have to admit that I'm a little upset that we didn't get the
Readdiction
I absolutely loved The Bronze Horseman, the first book in the Tatiana and Alexander trilogy, and was looking forward to reading the conclusion to their epic love story.

I was greatly (and grievously) disappointed. Yes, Simons delivered by giving an incredibly emotional ride but (and this is a HUGE but), there was just one scene which totally and UTTERLY made the whole trilogy feel like an epic waste.

**********

SPOILERS:

Dear Paullina Simons,

You have balls.

WHY, why? I have invested a lot of time, an
Tonya
Smitten's Book Blog

Jeez, I feel like I've run a metaphorical marathon!!! I can't believe I'd finished it. I was beginning to wonder if perhaps I would be reading this books forever more.

Ok, now, I'm going to be totally honest about this book... there were parts I absolutely adored and there were parts I really struggled with.

It is long. It is very very very long. And I will admit that I do think it is too long. I think there is a lot in it that could have been cut. I know that there are flashbacks and scenes that
Donna
There were things I loved about this book and there were things I hated about this book, but in can all be wrapped up in one word that never fails to describe Tatiana & Alexander - Orbeli. They are each others most loved and treasured possession. Each other's purpose for living.

I loved seeing them trying to figure out the relationship & marriage they thought they would never have. I hated seeing them trying to figure it out as well. I hated that they were so insecure in each other yet so
MK~ Picky Girl
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Amazing!!!! If I could give this book 10 stars I would!

The Summer Garden is the final book in the epic Bronze Horseman Trilogy. This final installment was set to a different pace. In both the Bronze Horseman and Tatianna and Alexander, there was love, betrayal, tragedy and hope set against the backdrop of WWII. The action was intense as well as fast paced. In the Summer Garden, their story continues with life after the war and really delves into the characters and their day to day relationship
Anna
Jan 05, 2015 Anna marked it as currently-reading-for-months  ·  review of another edition
This book has been in time out for two years. Two years !! I'm challenging myself to finish this by Dec 31st. I inhaled books 1 and 2 in November 2012 and immediately started this book. But then I came across a Shura that seemed foreign to me. So unless he had a come to Jesus with the quickness ~ I couldn't let my Shura fall from the pedestal. So I took a time-out and lived life pretending what THIS Shura did in THIS book didn't gut me. It's time to finish this epic series. Wish me luck ...more
Deeksha
1 Star

I read this book a long time ago and am going to jump headfirst into this review. This is a rant. You can be damn well sure, this has spoilers.

description

Let us start with the 180 Alexander did in this book. I did not like many, many things in the first book, but I accepted them. They were part of the story and he did not have control over a lot of them. But what he did in this book?? Those were damn well his choices .

He emotionally abused Tatiana the entire time. And of course,the reason was given a
Vilma's Book Blog
The spectacular, emotional conclusion to my all-time favorite love story! Exhaustingly intense. Piercingly agonizing. Achingly beautiful. Enduringly romantic. I FELT EVERY MOMENT. INFINITY STARS!!!!!

“To cross the street. To follow her. And she will give your life meaning, she will save you. Yes, yes-to cross.”

How does one get past this series? How can you even begin to compare other love stories to the one of Tatiana and Alexander? You just cannot, I think. The three books will forever sit on
Joana

5++++ "UNFORGETTABLE, BEAUTIFUL,PAINFUL, EMOTIONAL, RAW, HEARTBREAKING, ENDEARING, ALL-CONSUMING,REAL AND TIMELESS STARS"

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I'm still at a loss of words to describe this series, to describe Tatiana and Alexander! I said it before but I'll say it again, there are love story and then there is Tania and Shura's story!
Each and single book of this series moved me, enthralled me and made me live every single thing with them...and each book is so different in it's own way, each one is unique!

Summer Gar
Amira
I found the third book in the Bronze Horseman Trilogy,'The Summer Garden' disappointing. I really really really really LOVED the other two novels a lot, but this one departed too much from the characters that I had grown to love. I have to admit that most of the story was a collective extension of vague plotless prose, which didn't reflect the true essence of the characters Tatiana and Alexander. I also felt it lacked a climax and strongly disliked Alexander's indescretion and when he hit Tatian ...more
Misfit
Oct 14, 2014 Misfit rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: die hard fans of the series
Johanna
Goodness gracious!! Dont have enough adjectives to describe all the emotions that are coursing through me right now.....One word will have to do for now: PHENOMENAL!!!! BEST ROMANCE BOOK & BOOK COUPLE EVER..
 photo tumblr_inline_mkh6kcFdRW1qz4rgp_zpsf5d2c596.gif
 photo tumblr_lyjnjwIl781qgtp70o1_500_zps4750c690.gif
Alex
Può un libro impreziosire la mia personale idea di amore eterno?
Paullina Simons è riuscita a regalarmi una storia unica e indimenticabile.
Per dare una valutazione a questo libro, chiedo in prestito tutte le stelle del firmamento, tutte: grandi e piccole, brillanti e sfolgoranti.
Parole, aggettivi e stati d'animo, non saranno in grado di esprimere l'ampia gamma di emozioni, che questa superba autrice ha saputo regalarmi. Una narrazione che alterna pensieri ed emozioni di Alexander e Tatiana, in m
Olga
I wish this book never existed.
I wish this book ended after first 30%.
I wish I never read it.

What happened?

Where is the Tania and Shura I fell in love with? Where is the girl that was ready to put Alexander and her loved ones above everything else? Where is the loyal soldier that worshiped her, and stood up to her father saying no one will ever raise a hand against her and hurt her ever again?

I feel cheated. It feels like I traveled from 1940s to 2000s and read a contemporary, screwed up vers
M. ~ B&B
I haven't written a review for this book yet and I don't know if I ever will. I read it months ago and I am still not in the right emotional state to reflect on this epic story of Alexander and Tatiana.

Paullina's writing just rips the emotion out of you. All of the books in this trilogy were so intense and captivating. You don't realize it while you're reading, but when you finish it you feel like you have lived a thousand lives. You feel like you've experienced war, hunger, betrayal, and the m
Sandra Elaine Cortez
I will never find the words to adequately describe my love of this series. IT'S EPIC!!!!!!!! 5, 10, 20 Stars. It brought me to knees!!! I almost had a mental breakdown. Never has a book affected me as this one. I needed to call in my book buddies for mental support. It gutted me to the core. However, it was worth EVERY page, paragraph, detail, description and word. I can not recommend this series enough. Please do not be afraid of the length I promise you it's soo worth it.

This was truly the pe
Blair
You know that feeling when you read a book that you love so much and you never want to finish it.
That feeling when you want to say something about that book,but the words don't come.
The only word in your mind is:

Do you ever get that feeling ?

If you do....then you can understand how i feel right now.

I've never cried and i've never hurt so much over a book.
I've never loved so much a book.
This book is amazing,with flawed characters and a story about life.

It was epic and the most beautiful love stor
Kim B
5 STARS of Real Life, Romantic Beauty

But what does happily ever after truly mean?
We thought the hard part was over - but we were wrong. Living is the hard part. Figuring out how to live your life when you’re all busted up inside and out - there is nothing harder.

In my opinion (& I recognize there are some pretty strong ones on both sides) - this is an amazing ending to an epic love story. Is it perfect? No. But what in life ever is?
When did I ever expect you to be perfect? You pick you
Holly
This book was my absolute favorite of the series, also the one that made my heart break the most. The Summer Garden encompasses over 50 years of Tatiana & Alexanders life. There is joy and pain and heartbreak, but this no longer war pain, this is their real life together beginning! In this book, the war is over and they now have to learn to live life with each other, and the sweet little Antman, whom I absolutely LOVED, even though they are virtually strangers!! Out of fear of revealing too ...more
Jennifer Lane
AMAZING Series!

*Sigh* Alexander Barrington is my favorite book boyfriend. He's tall, dark, and brooding, with an intense love for his Russian bride Tatiana. He's just so real, with all of his flaws (chain smoking, jealousy, and difficulty learning from the past). This book--the third installment in The Bronze Horseman series--shows Alexander at his worst, but I still love him.

After Tatiana moved mountains in Tatiana and Alexander (book two in the series), she and Alexander are finally ready to s
Meryl
OH MY GOD. I'm giving it 10 f- stars!!!! I love the whole series. I love each of those 3 books. The Bronze Horseman. Tatiana and Alexander. The Summer Garden. Definitely THE BEST love story I've read so far. I love the characters, the story, how it was written and delivered, EVERYTHING!!!

I love Tatiana & Alexander, and I'm going to miss them so much.

^ME while reading the last pages of the book. I couldn't help myself from crying... it was too beautiful.
*Spoiler*He Cheats On Her And You People Make Alex is A God??? 24 287 Nov 12, 2014 10:04AM
? 4 103 Feb 08, 2014 09:07AM
Buddy Read Zone: Summer Garden 612 97 Apr 22, 2013 05:01PM
Some questions I have? 6 236 Feb 10, 2013 05:21PM
  • Ashes to Ashes (Experiment in Terror, #8)
  • Atonement (Alfonzo, #4)
  • Caballo de Fuego: Congo (Caballo de Fuego, #2)
  • Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2)
  • The Education of Caroline (The Education of..., #2)
  • The Endless Forest (Wilderness, #6)
  • The Winter Rose (The Tea Rose, #2)
  • Sempre: Redemption (Forever, #2)
  • Dusty (Dusty, #1)
  • 53 Letters for My Lover (53 Letters for My Lover, #1)
  • Anna (The Kirov Saga, #1)
  • Ride the Fire (Blakewell/Kenleigh Family Trilogy, #3)
  • Sinful (Addicted #2)
  • Lily of the Springs
  • Thrive (Addicted, #2.5)
Paullina Simons was born in Leningrad, USSR, in 1963. At the age of ten her family immigrated to the United States. Growing up in Russia Paullina dreamt of someday becoming a writer. Her dream was put on hold as she learned English and overcame the shock of a new culture.

After graduating from university and after various jobs including working as a financial journalist and as a translator Paullin
More about Paullina Simons...

The Bronze Horseman (3 books)
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • Tatiana and Alexander (The Bronze Horseman, #2)
The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1) Tatiana and Alexander (The Bronze Horseman, #2) Tully The Girl In Times Square Red Leaves

“I love you. I'm blind for you, wild for you. Sick with you. I told you that our first night together when I asked you to marry me, I am telling you now. Everything that's happened to us, everything, is because I crossed the street for you. I worship you. You know that through and through...” 209 likes
“Alexander, you broke my heart. But for carrying me on your back, for pulling my dying sled, for giving me your last bread, for the body you destroyed for me, for the son you have given me, for the twenty-nine days we lived like Red Birds of Paradise, for all our Naples sands and Napa wines, for all the days you have been my first and last breath, for Orbeli- I will forgive you. ” 173 likes