Start by marking “Fleur de Lys” as Want to Read:
Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Major. Captain. Lieutenant. Private. An unethically mixed friendship and a rocky one, formed under duress, kept very discreet, adhered to because - Because none of them seriously thought they would live long enough for it to be a problem.

Status: Complete
Word count: approx. 69,579
online fiction, 209 pages
Published 2010

To ask other readers questions about Fleur de Lys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fleur de Lys

Brainorgan
I really enjoyed this story. WWI, British soldiers, a commoner and a nobleman, older + younger, hurt/comfort (PTSD). Some flashbacks (about 50%) of trench warfare, some of it graphic. It seemed to me there were some slight technical problems - sometimes the flashbacks were not too clear - I wish they had italicized them. And some little motivational/plot holes, but very minor (enough to notice though). On the whole, very readable, enjoyable, seems to ring true to the era of WWI in England and il ...more
Vivian
Heartbreaking and raw.

The emotions and events of four men as they carry on through WWI are devastating and simultaneously treated so casually as they attempt to maintain sanity. I feel numb and horrified. Those that experience war never truly leave it behind and those that haven't born witness can't understand. Of course I wish this was longer, but this is selfishness not necessity for closure.
Seregil
Painfull and tragic, yet filled with hope and sweetness. It's a story about surviving the end of the war.
Camilla
I think I'll do my review before I give it any stars.. Wouldnt know what to give it now anyways..

This is a free online read.. A story about English soldiers during the 1st WW.. Mostly its about Dev and Cowan.. A young Captain and an older private finding each other during the war..

Dev, the young Captain, suffers from severe PTSD after the war, and Cowan is the only one that can help him through it..

I think that pretty much sums it up..

I liked these two, I really did.

I thought it had a vague begi
John
I thought this book captured the feel of the last part of the Great War and it's immediate aftermath through a moving story of two men who find and ultimately heal each other. It's a little disjointed, but it read to me like the disjointedness of the time; the disjointedness of shell shock. It's easy to forget that the Great War was one for which it's participants were totally unprepared for, and its consequences overwhelmed the society soldiers returned home to. Although the main characters are ...more
Alex P
Raw, horrifying, and very real. Review to come when I've thought about it a little more. I'm so glad I read this.
Goodmorning87
Really great story, though at some points a bit difficult, very powerful and doesn't really pull any punches. Well written though the flashbacks get a little jarring and scattered at points. Definitely worth the read.
Keren Barkan
WOW. Amazing, powerful, like a punch to the stomach. It takes your breath away.
Anita
Anita marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Mary Pat
Mary Pat marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Sophia
Sophia marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Kas
Kas marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Billie
Billie added it
Dec 29, 2014
Averin
Averin marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Ev
Ev marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Hana
Hana marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Therese
Therese marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Liss
Liss marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Handbags at Dawn Falls Chance Ranch (Falls Chance Ranch #1) Three Traders (Falls Chance Ranch #2) Mustang Hill (Falls Chance Ranch #3) Silver Bullet (Falls Chance Ranch #4)