Start by marking “Crossing the Line” as Want to Read:
Crossing the Line

Crossing the Line (Hayden Glass)

2.7 of 5 stars 2.70  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  9 reviews

Hayden Glass is on the fast track to making detective with the LAPD, but first he’s got to work his way through Vice. But as any cop can attest, you can’t leave your work at the office, and with Hayden’s cursed and troubled past, his soul is not in the best shape. His marriage is on the rocks and he’s carries a deep guilt and anger that nothing can seem to quench. Until

Published (first published December 7th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Crossing the Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crossing the Line

I didn't notice this was a (very) short story until I hit the last page on Kindle.

I've only read a few "thrillers" but I wasn't expecting the language used in the sex bits. Not that I mind, per se, just wasn't expecting in "this type" of story.

Overall, I didn't care for the main character much. I could see where, had the story been longer (or should I read other full-length stories featuring him) there were aspects that could be something for me to latch onto and form some understanding of the c
Jan 08, 2014 Col rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013, s
Crossing The Line is a short story which introduces the reader to Hayden Glass who is the anchor in Schwartz's two novels; Boulevard.and Beat. Glass is a detective in the Robbery-Homicide department of the LAPD. Hayden endeavours to fight crime and corruption whilst battling his own issues with sex-addiction.

I have the two novels lying on the shelves of unread masses and I have provisionally pencilled in Boulevard to fill the Californian slot of my US State Reading Challenge for 2014.

Ever the co
This short story was very, um, interesting.

The book starts off with an undercover prostitution sting. The main "good" (and I put it into parentheses because I really don't think he is good per say) guy is an undercover cop with the Vice squad on LAPD. During his shift, he notices a girl on the street and asks his partner about her. That question leads him to do something that is a big no-no with cops.... especially VICE.

I gave this short story a 2 star rating on Shelfari. I didn't like the stor
J. Ewbank
This book by Schwartz gets your attention and as you read you are not aware that it is a short story. I would like to know more about the characters in this book. Another book about them would be interesting to me.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the 'Isms'"
I very much appreciated being able to go back and read this, after having finished both Boulevard and Beat. I felt it set the stage very well, and as I thoroughly enjoyed Hayden's character, I was glad to see where he began.
I don't see how this would make someone want to read the other Hayden novels. The title says it all. However, since it just sets the stage for the series, I'm staying open to the possibility that that's not all he does.
I got absolutely nothing out of this...very short story & not my type of reading at all.
Wow was this a short book. Just as soon as you get interested, the book ends.
There is a reason this book is free for the kindle.
John McCullen
John McCullen marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Lisa marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2015
William A, White
William A, White marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Cerece marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Brad marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Alicia marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Alex Finke
Alex Finke marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Betty marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Louise marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Perfect Woman (Detective John Stallings #1)
  • Chinatown Beat
  • When the Devil Whistles
  • Blood of the Wicked
  • Concrete Underground
  • Silent Screams
  • The Hunters
  • Watchlist: A Serial Thriller
  • The Cruelest Cut
  • Truth and Consequences (Hearts of the South, #1)
  • Liquid Smoke (Noah Braddock, #3)
  • Murder a la Mode (Savannah Reid, #10)
  • Get Some
  • Snapdragon Alley
  • The Trouble With Green
  • Triple Exposure
  • The Justice Game
  • Paid In Blood (NCIS, #1)
STEPHEN JAY SCHWARTZ grew up in New Mexico and traveled the United States extensively before settling down in Los Angeles. There he became the Director of Development for Wolfgang Petersen, helping develop films such as Outbreak and Air Force One.
More about Stephen Jay Schwartz...

Hayden Glass (3 books)
  • Boulevard (Hayden Glass, #1)
  • Beat (Hayden Glass, #2)