Start by marking “Heart Song (True Blood Mate, #1)” as Want to Read:
Heart Song (True Blood Mate, #1)

Heart Song (True Blood Mate #1)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  1,318 ratings  ·  66 reviews
[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, werewolves]

Ten years ago, Darren Hart was rescued from a fall by a gorgeous man that tells him an outlandish tale. Once he returns to civilization, his memories blur and he begins to believe the voice in his head is a figment of his imagination.

Now, Darren is a successful veterinarian who believes he is ju
Published November 15th 2010 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Heart Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart Song

Change of Heart by Mary CalmesWith Caution by J.L. LangleyWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
41st out of 721 books — 1,060 voters
Among the Living by Jordan Castillo PriceWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyWith Caution by J.L. LangleyCamp Hell by Jordan Castillo PriceChange of Heart by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Paranormals
44th out of 706 books — 618 voters

More lists with this book...

Serena Yates
I really liked this book. It was a nice variation on the 'finding your mate' idea, with a long separation and several obstacles before the main characters finally manage to get together. Or are forced together, rather, because the danger to Darren, a vet, becomes too great for Asher, a werewolf alpha, to leave him unprotected any longer.

I loved Darren. He was incredibly strong to have survived for 10 years, thinking the voice in his head was a left-over effect from the fall he took. Being told h
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Stormy Glenn is a bit of a conundrum to me. She's not a very good writer, but her stories are interesting. Maybe she's one of those people who would be great at telling a story around a campfire, but she runs into trouble when she has to put the words on paper. I'm constantly finding mistakes in her books, not just typos, but the wrong words being used. For example, she once used "perspective" when the correct word would have been "respective", then used "prospective" when it should have been "p ...more
Gwengwel
The guy success in being the Alpha and bringing the peace between the different packs and cry all along the story. Not really coherent with what you expected of a Alpha, but it's go with the genre of the book.

Don't like the used of 'Bitch'.

Is Asher gay or it's a gay-for-you story?

Asher Grayson looked over at the man casually leaning against the desk in his study and scowled.
page.19

And now sudenly his name is:
“Ash! Asher Stone, don’t you dare walk away from me.”
page.72

“What’s he doing?” Darren
Ana
Manee
I like the storyline and the slightly originality of the storyline, as well as the very creative ideas about planets and such. I find it a problem at Hassen seems like a desert tribe/middle Eastern culture based character (him and his people) and yet most of the things I imagine of him is very English. The character description was vague and it wasn't up into more than half way through the book that I actually got the more accurate visualization that Rayne had long hair. The sex smut was lacking ...more
Hc Lynn
I found Darren to be a trip.. totally lovable MC, compassionate, animal lover, healthy amount of fear when needed, and knows when to dish to his alpha mate.. what else do you need?

Ash on the other hand.. all in all good MC but i found myself frustrated with him. To met his mate think he was crazy.. not try to explain things to him.. to wait 10 years to make a safe place... if you use this excuse you could use it indefinitely.. When would it ever be 'safe' to bring his mate home?

As far as who's b
Booklover95
I read this book 2 years ago and am adding a review to it now as I just read the 5th book in the series.

This was the first m/m romance story I ever read and it instantly got me hooked on the genre. Darren is such a lovable and exiting MC that when I compared him to see of the heroines of other books I read he came out on top. After reading his and Asher's story I then immediately went on to read the rest of the series then the rest of stormy Glenn's work and then moved on to other m/m authors an
Lee
Apr 12, 2011 Lee rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Werewolf fans
Heart Song, the first book in True Blood Mate series has a very unique, and very much appreciated, approach to werewolf mating. It is, in fact, the perfect antidote to instantaneous love and instantaneous mating. (view spoiler)

I love how defiant and independent Darren is and how he refuses to be put into a traditional Alpha-Bitch role. He's his own human. I had hoped that the story would continue and explore more of Darren's ex

Smoh
I'd rate it 3.5

I liked both characters equally. This was a nice change since I usually find myself liking one better than the other. Plus the other characters in the book were pretty solid and even likable. I liked that Asher wasn't one of those domineering alphas. And I absolutely loved the rare element added to the mating concept.

I found that Darren's willingness to forgive and fall in the role of 'alpha bitch' was too soon. But this didn't really make me like him less since Asher suffered to
Sexyeasha123
Ughhhhh I really wanted to like this book but unfortunately I couldn't get into it. It was only mehhhh.

The main problem of this book for me was Asher. His personality was DULL. He was constantly saying sorry. If he wasn't apologizing for something or the other then he was having smexy time. It was cute and sweet at first but it got very old and annoying quite quickly.

I just wanted to shout at him to grow up and gets some balls and move on. It was like he was trying to be a big strong alpha but l
Janelle
I really felt this was a good start to the series. The dynamics among the clan and the alpha are good to watch play out. Poor Darren goes from thinking he is crazy(hearing a voice in his head) to being bombarded with information about the supernatural so quickly that it is a wonder he really does fall off the funny farm wagon. Ash did go about the whole mate thing wrong, but then again I could understand his concerns. All in all going through everything they go through is worth it in the end.
Crystalelyn
A good start for a series's wolves. I loved this couple and I'm looking forward to read the others.
Tj
Jan 01, 2015 Tj rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
Like all of Stormy Glenn's books this was a fun read. I like that the two men were a little more equal than some of the men in Stormy's books. Darren was a strong man to survive and become something even with the "voice" in his head and doctors telling him he was crazy. I felt so for Ash waiting to bring his mate home safely for 10 years and then still having it so unsafe for Darren. The men make the most of it and struggle to figure out who is betraying them.
Alanna
Painfully awful to read. Maybe one day the author will learn the basics of writing, such as "Show, don't tell." Until then, she decided to ruin the only interesting premise she had going (mysterious voice in character's head for 10 years) by chapter 2 by removing the mystery and putting the two characters together without much of a todo.

I just can't tell you how awful the writing is, but how about the cliches and the plot holes? For instance, a supposedly "intelligent" veterinarian can't even t
Paul Wright
Terrific start to another shifter series. I really liked Asher and loved that Darren was not the "little woman", although the "Alpha Bitch" and "Clan Queen" stuff seriously had me laughing. Looking forward to more in this series.
Absynthe
I always enjoy Stormy Glenn. It's not War and Peace, but it's always a fun, entertaining read. I liked this book and am looking forward to the next in this series.
Tereza

You can’t expect much from Stormy Glenn. She has some very good ideas at times but the execution of them feels often very unsatisfactory .

Heart Song was very similar in this sense. The book had its interesting moments but in the end still felt just too MEH for me.

The fact I’ve started reading this book on December 10th and managed to read the first 55% the same day only to then completely abandon the book for almost 2 months... speaks for itself I think.

The book was readable. It was managea
Karina
Lizzie
Just reread this and loved it as much now as I did then. For some who read shifter stories the love at first sight thing is hard for them to swallow, but I'm a soulmate, instant love kinda of gal. Not that I don't enjoy other kinds love stories from slow and steady, to I hate your guts before they succumb, but the you were born for me love gets me every time and not many do that better than Ms. Glenn.

Asher and Darren are a little of both I think. Ten years pass between them from the time they m
Jollymus
So I really loved this book! A lot actually! I will admit that at times the plot was a bit thin, but honestly I didn't care.

So we have two guys - Asher and darren - who meet ten years ago and found out they were mates. But due to circumstances beyond their controle they were not able to be together. That all changes one night when darren is attacked and Asher will have to hurry and protect his mate before his dream of a happy ending dissapears.

A pretty common plot, right. What made it unique w
Barb
This is the first in the True Blood Mate series by Stormy Glenn. A sweet story about Darren, a veterinarian, who for the last ten years has thought he was crazy due to the voice he heàrs(and talks to) in his mind. Turns out this voice is his werewolf mate, Asher. From there, the story goes into a power struggle for pack leadership and a conspiracy to eliminate Asher and Darren.

This is a fun story with the requisite happy ending. I've read lots of Stormy Glenn's books, and have enjoyed them all.
Shibumi
Heart warming cute story. Wish that we could have seen more back story on the figment of Darren's imagination voice.
Ali Gamez
Kerry  sullivan
This book was reviewed for Musings of a bookworm

This is the start of a new series, well new to me, and I have to say I really liked it. The idea that Asher waited ten years to bring his love home so he could make it as safe as he could for him. It set a tone for the series as a whole that I like, one of acceptance and patience. If I am honest I don't really have much to say about this book accept to give a big sigh and say this author is going to have a good chunk of my money come pay day and w
Rebecca
I didn't like Darren that's what mainly made me dislike the story
Martin Thomas
Great series! I hope you write more books for it.
Joyce
My favorite kind of story.
Sair
I'm re reading this series because a new one is out.
I'm starting to remember why I wasn't looking anxiously for the next one in the series.

It's okay
Decent length
Just didn't flesh out the characters with enough fresh dialogue.

Once again in this genre the mental abuse is overdone and the recovery is swift.

Why was Dary able to swiftly subdue all confrontations, but hid from a mad old lady wolf?
Why did the term alpha bitch not offend - it would me, especially repeated so often.

adrienne
typical stormy glenn romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical stormy glenn? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

laziness dictates i will use this as my template for all books by the following authors unless a book is remarkably good/bad :
stormy glenn
lynn hagen
scarlet hyacinth
joyee flynn
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

Jerry
I like Stormy Glenn's work. This is a new take on the were genre. She had me glued to the pages but starting with puppies in danger will always catch in my throat. As others have said, not sure I like the bitch/queen part. Do love that it takes time to get used to someone even if they are your mate. I look forward to the rest of the series.
  • Leap of Faith (Moonlight Breed, #1)
  • Primal Passions (Lost Shifters, #1)
  • From Pack to Pride (Supernatural Mates #1)
  • Moon's Sweet Poison (Deadly Mates, #1)
  • Relentless (Southwestern Shifters, #2)
  • With Abandon (With or Without, #3)
  • Altered Heart
  • Luke's Surprise (Shifters' Haven, #1)
  • Bloodlines (KinKaid Wolf Pack, #1)
  • Dragon Mine (North American Dragon, #1)
  • Maverick's Mate (Brac Pack, #1)
  • Blood Of A Leo (Solomon's Pride #1)
  • Trusted Bond (Change of Heart, #2)
About Me
I believes the only thing sexier than a man in cowboy boots is two, or three men in cowboy boots. I also believes in love at first sight, soul mates, true love, and happy endings.

I live in the great Northwest region of the USA, with my gorgeous husband and soul mate, two boxer/collie puppies, one old biddy cats, and three fish. When I'm not being a mother to my six teenagers or cleaning up
More about Stormy Glenn...

True Blood Mate (5 books)
  • Alpha Born (True Blood Mate, #2)
  • Love Sexy (True Blood Mate, #3)
  • Redemption (True Blood Mate, #4)
  • Wolf's Bane (True Blood Mate, #5)
Full Moon Mating (Wolf Creek Pack, #1) Scales And A Tail (Midnight Matings, #2) The Cat’s Meow  (Assassin's Pride, #1) Just A Taste Of Me (Wolf Creek Pack, #2) Sparkle And Purr (Midnight Matings, #10)