Start by marking “Choose Your Doom Zombie Apocalypse” as Want to Read:
Choose Your Doom Zombie Apocalypse

Choose Your Doom Zombie Apocalypse

4.30  ·  Rating Details  ·  37 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Choose Your Doom: Zombie Apocalypse is a thrilling, fast-paced adventure that pits you, the reader, against the flesh-eating undead. Every page offers a choice that can result in a grizzly death or bring you one step closer to stopping the zombie horde.

You control the fate of Tobe, a teen-aged slacker living in the shadow of the Cheyenne Mountain military complex. When a s
Perfect Paperback, 224 pages
Published October 26th 2010 by Doom Press

Rory
Feb 21, 2011 Rory rated it it was amazing
This book was the most fun out of all the books I've read in the past few years. I used to love choose-your-own-adventure type books as a kid, and I discovered that I still do. What's amazing to me about this book is the strong characterization that manages to shine through all of the forks of the story. It's a shame there aren't more books like this of this quality.
J.A. Kazimer
Apr 10, 2011 J.A. Kazimer rated it it was amazing
So many ways to die. This book reminds me of those choose your own adventures books I read as a kid, but much, much deadlier. My first read through took about 5 minutes before I was zombie food. Since then I've improved to lasting a whole eight minutes. I've died in so many ways, and never the same way twice. A great, fun read worth your time.
R.A. Danger
Eight endings in the book, one more ending if you get to the back (19 more pages on line, and yes you get a few more choices).

My first ending was 205. It seems that I got more of a longer story and fewer choices the first time. Until I went back to every choice and every page, then I felt like I was hitting choice after choice. More than 6 hours it took to read everything.

The stories of the other choices seem to fit together the right way. Unlike a few others of this type of books. The story its
Heather
Dec 03, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it
There are very few funny zombie stories out there so this is a nice addition to that subgenre.

I love choose your own adventure books and this was a great choose your doom book appropriate for a mature teen/adult reader.

This book was a free copy from Goodreads First Reads that I borrowed from a friend.
Anna
Nov 28, 2015 Anna rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book from Goodreads First reads, Thank you!

I must admit it's been quite a while since I've picked up a Choose Your Own Adventure book. I had fun though reading then picking a decision,then dying and starting all over.
Kate
Jan 21, 2011 Kate rated it it was amazing
Remember the Choose Your Adventure series from when you were a kid? This is precisely that, updated to suit the adult palate. A fun, fast, and funny romp through a rather unique zombie apocalypse that will leave you fingers in the pages until you've explored all the possible outcomes. A must own for any zombie fan.
Susan
Dec 01, 2015 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: misc-read
I won this book through Goodreads. I had never read a choose your own adventure before. I loved it. I wish all books were like this.. (giggle) I have read through it a few times & absolutely enjoy it every single time. A must read.
Math_camel
Jan 20, 2011 Math_camel rated it it was amazing
This book is so much fun. I adore all the little touches and the art. Seriously, if you're still looking at a book with "Zombie Apocalypse" in the title you will love this book. Simple as that.
Cate Gardner
May 23, 2011 Cate Gardner rated it really liked it
Ha, brilliant book. GRAINNNNNS!!! I died several times (kept cheating and back tracking).
Dean
Nov 21, 2015 Dean rated it really liked it
So much fun!! Great gift for zombie lovers who have it all.
Brian Buller
A pretty fun choose your adventure book... And I survived!
Phil Elmore
Nov 15, 2010 Phil Elmore rated it it was amazing
League Entertainment's latest offering in the realm of innovative fiction is Choose Your Doom: Zombie Apocalypse. Co-authored by Deanna Knippling and "Dante Savelli," the novel is a deliberate parody and homage to the Choose Your Own Adventure genre that became popular in the 1980s. The beauty of this particular parody, however, is that it is also a credible entry in the very genre it sends up.

The writing style and tone of the novel are light-hearted and deliberately evocative of the interactive
Sabrina
I received this book through a Goodreads Giveaway. It was a nostalgic reminder of reading Choose Your Own Adventure books as a child, but with a more hopeless and comical death at every twist and turn. Choose Your Doom is exactly what the title implies and an easy and enjoyable read.
Liz
Dec 06, 2015 Liz rated it really liked it
I received this book through a Goodreads giveaway.
This was a fun book! It had a choose-your-plot format involving zombies and aliens. Fast paced and easy to read, it was a great way to spend an hour or two. Especially fun for young teenagers.
Denise
Jan 02, 2016 Denise added it
Fun book. Very interactive. Would be a good book to use as a read a loud or for inspirational source of writing ideas for youth.
DeAnna Knippling
Nov 20, 2010 DeAnna Knippling rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm going to come right out and say it:

I LOVE THIS BOOK!

Also, I don't know if you knew this, but I'm biased :)
Tracy Morgan
Jan 21, 2016 Tracy Morgan rated it it was amazing
I haven't read a choose your own adventure book since I was a kid, so this book was an absolute blast. I love the zombie theme, and died many many times, but the book is so much fun you don't mind starting over. I guarantee, you will not be disappointed in this book. Extremely enjoyable and the artwork is great. I highly recommend it.
Christina
Dec 12, 2015 Christina rated it liked it
Update:

What a quirky book. It was clearly written by a nerd (some pretty great references in there!)and, as promised, no happy endings (just the possibility to die and then undie and then die again ^_^ )

For a choose your own adventure book, it was pretty neat, but also a little predictable (thanks Walking Dead). Probably more fun with friends though, the way it is written, some pages feel a little hand-fed. Overall, quirky in a good way.

First post:
This was a Goodreads Giveaway.

Having just rece
Brandi Nyborg
Dec 23, 2015 Brandi Nyborg rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This book really brings me back to my days of goosebumps choose your own adventures. It has all the fun and laughs of the childhood books, but it's ten times more awesome! I may have back tracked and cheated a few times. Lol. Definitely worth picking up!
Maya
I won a copy free through Goodreads.

Okay, this was actually a pretty fun read. I enjoyed it a lot, and it had the perfect amount of gore. The illustrations were really fun, too! Reading this was sort of like a throwback to reading Goosebumps as a kid, the ones where you made decisions in the story, just like in this book.

The only down side was that the story choices didn't all match up. (view spoiler)
Michaela
Feb 02, 2016 Michaela rated it it was amazing
Gross. Exciting. Interesting.

A fun chose your own adventure that had me continuously cringing. It's been a few years since I sat down and read one of these. I felt like a little kid again as I fought strange fungus, slightly conscious zombies, and at a few points if I turned into a zombie I fought against the urge to eat my girlfriends brains.

A fun and very quick read, but if you need a change of pace or something nostalgic to the younger years I recommend this book. :)
Richelle Rininger
Richelle Rininger rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Ruffin Todd
Ruffin Todd marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2015
hIpnoticraQs
hIpnoticraQs marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Meredith
Meredith marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Dana
Dana added it
Nov 28, 2015
Zombies!: Giveaway Going On Until September 25th! 7 21 Dec 09, 2015 05:54PM
The Zombie Group!: 50% OFF of CHOOSE YOUR DOOM: Zombie Apocalypse 1 6 Dec 09, 2015 05:46PM
Zombies!: 50% Off CHOOSE YOUR DOOM: Zombie Apocalypse 1 3 Dec 09, 2015 11:57AM
  • Zombocalypse Now (Chooseomatic Books, #1)
  • Can You Survive the Zombie Apocalypse?
  • The Creepy Creations of Professor Shock (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #14)
  • Robin Hood & Friar Tuck: Zombie Killers
  • Trial of the Clone: An Interactive Adventure!
  • The Mystery Of Chimney Rock (Choose Your Own Adventure, #5)
  • The Official Zombie Handbook- The Ministry of Zombies
  • A Girl's Guide to Falling in Love with a Zombie
  • The Many Watsons
  • Hope and Sensibility
  • Honor and Integrity: A Collection of Pride and Prejudice-Inspired Short Stories
  • Invasion of the Appleheads (Deadtime Stories, #2)
  • The Knights of Derbyshire (Pride and Prejudice Continues, # 5)
  • The Ghost Toucher
  • Quincey Morris, Vampire
  • The Thorn (The Chronicles of Gan, #1)
  • Madame Blavatsky: The Mother of Modern Spirituality
  • My Favorite Fangs: The Story of the Von Trapp Family Vampires
DeAnna Knippling is a freelance writer, editor, and designer living in Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA. She has published short stories in numerous publications, including Black Static, Big Pulp, Crossed Genres, Penumbra, and more. She runs her own micropress at http://www.WonderlandPress.com.
More about DeAnna Knippling...