Start by marking “Choose Your Doom Zombie Apocalypse” as Want to Read:
Choose Your Doom Zombie Apocalypse

Choose Your Doom Zombie Apocalypse

Choose Your Doom: Zombie Apocalypse is a thrilling, fast-paced adventure that pits you, the reader, against the flesh-eating undead. Every page offers a choice that can result in a grizzly death or bring you one step closer to stopping the zombie horde.

You control the fate of Tobe, a teen-aged slacker living in the shadow of the Cheyenne Mountain military complex. When a s
Perfect Paperback, 224 pages
Published October 26th 2010 by Doom Press

J.A. Kazimer
Apr 10, 2011 J.A. Kazimer rated it it was amazing
So many ways to die. This book reminds me of those choose your own adventures books I read as a kid, but much, much deadlier. My first read through took about 5 minutes before I was zombie food. Since then I've improved to lasting a whole eight minutes. I've died in so many ways, and never the same way twice. A great, fun read worth your time.
Rory
Jan 22, 2011 Rory rated it it was amazing
This book was the most fun out of all the books I've read in the past few years. I used to love choose-your-own-adventure type books as a kid, and I discovered that I still do. What's amazing to me about this book is the strong characterization that manages to shine through all of the forks of the story. It's a shame there aren't more books like this of this quality.
R.A. Danger
Eight endings in the book, one more ending if you get to the back (19 more pages on line, and yes you get a few more choices).

My first ending was 205. It seems that I got more of a longer story and fewer choices the first time. Until I went back to every choice and every page, then I felt like I was hitting choice after choice. More than 6 hours it took to read everything.

The stories of the other choices seem to fit together the right way. Unlike a few others of this type of books. The story its
Heather
Dec 03, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it
There are very few funny zombie stories out there so this is a nice addition to that subgenre.

I love choose your own adventure books and this was a great choose your doom book appropriate for a mature teen/adult reader.

This book was a free copy from Goodreads First Reads that I borrowed from a friend.
Kate
Jan 21, 2011 Kate rated it it was amazing
Remember the Choose Your Adventure series from when you were a kid? This is precisely that, updated to suit the adult palate. A fun, fast, and funny romp through a rather unique zombie apocalypse that will leave you fingers in the pages until you've explored all the possible outcomes. A must own for any zombie fan.
Susan
Oct 02, 2015 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: misc-read
I won this book through Goodreads. I had never read a choose your own adventure before. I loved it. I wish all books were like this.. (giggle) I have read through it a few times & absolutely enjoy it every single time. A must read.
Anna
Nov 18, 2015 Anna rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book from Goodreads First reads, Thank you!

I must admit it's been quite a while since I've picked up a Choose Your Own Adventure book. I had fun though reading then picking a decision,then dying and starting all over.
Dean
Sep 25, 2015 Dean rated it really liked it
So much fun!! Great gift for zombie lovers who have it all.
Brian Buller
A pretty fun choose your adventure book... And I survived!
Math_camel
Jan 20, 2011 Math_camel rated it it was amazing
This book is so much fun. I adore all the little touches and the art. Seriously, if you're still looking at a book with "Zombie Apocalypse" in the title you will love this book. Simple as that.
Cate Gardner
Feb 04, 2011 Cate Gardner rated it really liked it
Ha, brilliant book. GRAINNNNNS!!! I died several times (kept cheating and back tracking).
Phil Elmore
Nov 14, 2010 Phil Elmore rated it it was amazing
League Entertainment's latest offering in the realm of innovative fiction is Choose Your Doom: Zombie Apocalypse. Co-authored by Deanna Knippling and "Dante Savelli," the novel is a deliberate parody and homage to the Choose Your Own Adventure genre that became popular in the 1980s. The beauty of this particular parody, however, is that it is also a credible entry in the very genre it sends up.

The writing style and tone of the novel are light-hearted and deliberately evocative of the interactive
Christina
Sep 25, 2015 Christina rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
Update:

What a quirky book. It was clearly written by a nerd (some pretty great references in there!)and, as promised, no happy endings (just the possibility to die and then undie and then die again ^_^ )

For a choose your own adventure book, it was pretty neat, but also a little predictable (thanks Walking Dead). Probably more fun with friends though, the way it is written, some pages feel a little hand-fed. Overall, quirky in a good way.

First post:
This was a Goodreads Giveaway.

Having just rece
Michaela
Sep 25, 2015 Michaela rated it it was amazing
Gross. Exciting. Interesting.

A fun chose your own adventure that had me continuously cringing. It's been a few years since I sat down and read one of these. I felt like a little kid again as I fought strange fungus, slightly conscious zombies, and at a few points if I turned into a zombie I fought against the urge to eat my girlfriends brains.

A fun and very quick read, but if you need a change of pace or something nostalgic to the younger years I recommend this book. :)
Tracy Morgan
Jan 21, 2016 Tracy Morgan rated it it was amazing
I haven't read a choose your own adventure book since I was a kid, so this book was an absolute blast. I love the zombie theme, and died many many times, but the book is so much fun you don't mind starting over. I guarantee, you will not be disappointed in this book. Extremely enjoyable and the artwork is great. I highly recommend it.
Liz
Dec 06, 2015 Liz rated it really liked it
I received this book through a Goodreads giveaway.
This was a fun book! It had a choose-your-plot format involving zombies and aliens. Fast paced and easy to read, it was a great way to spend an hour or two. Especially fun for young teenagers.
Sabrina
Jan 15, 2016 Sabrina rated it liked it
I received this book through a Goodreads Giveaway. It was a nostalgic reminder of reading Choose Your Own Adventure books as a child, but with a more hopeless and comical death at every twist and turn. Choose Your Doom is exactly what the title implies and an easy and enjoyable read.
Brandi Nyborg
Sep 25, 2015 Brandi Nyborg rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This book really brings me back to my days of goosebumps choose your own adventures. It has all the fun and laughs of the childhood books, but it's ten times more awesome! I may have back tracked and cheated a few times. Lol. Definitely worth picking up!
Denise
Nov 17, 2015 Denise added it
Fun book. Very interactive. Would be a good book to use as a read a loud or for inspirational source of writing ideas for youth.
DeAnna Knippling
Nov 20, 2010 DeAnna Knippling rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm going to come right out and say it:

I LOVE THIS BOOK!

Also, I don't know if you knew this, but I'm biased :)
Sharron
Sep 18, 2015 Sharron rated it really liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway. My 9 year old grandson and I had a great time reading it together.
Anita Fajita Pita
Apr 16, 2016 Anita Fajita Pita rated it really liked it
I won this through Goodreads giveaway, so firstly, thank you.

This choose your own doom book is great. Even though the disclaimer boasts "No Happy Endings" on the cover, it is a blast to read and I pretty much always end up smiling if not laughing. I'm still working my way through the various and hilarious storylines. Sadly, the first time, I pretty much immediately died. Then I inevitably died. I was also murdered. And I selflessly committed suicide. The story stays fun matter how you end up! Do
Ray (user2637)
Mar 23, 2016 Ray (user2637) rated it it was ok
Chayce
Chayce rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2015
Elizabeth Kolodziej
Elizabeth Kolodziej rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2010
Ross
Ross rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2011
Joe L
Joe L rated it it was ok
Nov 03, 2014
Ann Griner
Ann Griner rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2011
Rhonda L.
Rhonda L. rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2017
Zombies!: Giveaway Going On Until September 25th! 7 21 Dec 09, 2015 05:54PM
The Zombie Group!: 50% OFF of CHOOSE YOUR DOOM: Zombie Apocalypse 1 8 Dec 09, 2015 05:46PM
Zombies!: 50% Off CHOOSE YOUR DOOM: Zombie Apocalypse 1 4 Dec 09, 2015 11:57AM
  • Zombocalypse Now (Chooseomatic Books, #1)
  • Can You Survive the Zombie Apocalypse?
  • Death, Be Not Proud
  • Lazarus
  • Deadfall
  • Everest: You Decide How to Survive! (The Worst-Case Scenario Ultimate Adventure, #1)
  • The Creepy Creations of Professor Shock (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #14)
  • Trial of the Clone: An Interactive Adventure!
  • The Mystery Of Chimney Rock (Choose Your Own Adventure, #5)
  • Robin Hood & Friar Tuck: Zombie Killers
  • The Official Zombie Handbook- The Ministry of Zombies
  • Nuclear Jellyfish of New Jersey (American Chillers, #22)
  • The Undead World of Oz: L. Frank Baum's the Wonderful Wizard of Oz Complete with Zombies and Monsters
  • Invasion of the Appleheads (Deadtime Stories, #2)
  • The Midnight Library #3: End Game
  • Roses of Blood on Barbwire Vines
  • How to Be a Totally Awesome Zombie
  • Honor and Integrity: A Collection of Pride and Prejudice-Inspired Short Stories
DeAnna Knippling is a freelance writer, editor, and designer living in Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA. She has published short stories in numerous publications, including Black Static, Big Pulp, Crossed Genres, Penumbra, and more. She runs her own micropress at http://www.WonderlandPress.com.
More about DeAnna Knippling...