Start by marking “The Visions of the Children: The Apparitions of the Blessed Mother at Medjugorje” as Want to Read:

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The classic account of the appearances of the Blessed Mother at Medjugorje--now updated for the millenium

Like Lourdes and Fatima before it, Medjugorje has become a holy site for worshippers around the world, a place that will be remembered long after the twentieth century recedes into history.

In this edition, Janice Connell presents a new intruduction that places Medjugorj
Published November 15th 1997 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published June 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Visions of the Children, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Visions of the Children

Katherine
I was hooked ! This book was an eye opener and it made me want to visit Medjugorje
For people struggling with Catholicism, its a worthy read.
Medjugorje Book Reviews
Hello again, everyone!

Well, it's been a couple of months since I did my first review and I'm ready to do another. This time I'm actually holding true to the name of this blog and reviewing a book. :)

Today I'm reviewing what I think is one of the best Medjugorje resources available, especially for those new to learning about the reported apparitions of Our Lady in Medjugorje: The Visions of the Children, by Janice T. Connell.

Good resource for:

I will put my credibility on the line and say this bo
Stitchywoman
Although I found the book interesting and thought provoking, I also found it somewhat frightening rather then hopeful. I could never possibly achieve even partly what the visionaries have and yet they still consider themselves sinners and in need of confession often. I almost feel that I'm beyond redemption by those standards. The book was a little hard to read as well because of the redundancy of both the interviews and the messages. I don't know that there would be another way to present this ...more
Alyssa Rana
This book while informative can get boring, especially with the q & a sessions the writer has with the visionaries. This book doesn't shed a whole lot of new light on the apparition of the Blessed Virgin or the lives of the visionaries. The updated version does provide messages by the Blessed Virgin up until 2006.
Amber
A clear, fairly concise compendium of the Apparitions of Medjugorje. Presents the case for the apparitions and the messages with limited bias and personal opinion, which allows the reader to better decide for themselves their belief in said apparitions of Our Lady.
Sherry
Oct 08, 2011 Sherry added it
Shelves: owned-book
I read this ages ago.

Note that this Apparition has not yet been approved by the Catholic Church and, as a matter of fact some Church officials are thinking it will never be approved based on the recent behavior of the now adult "seers"
Beth
May 26, 2009 Beth is currently reading it
I stopped reading this in the middle of it, b/c I was reading 4 books at the same time. I do want to pick this one back up
Barbara
I'm still reading it, but I love it. It has a lot of value to me.
Gina
Beautiful, from what I've read so far. :)
Annie White
Must read!!!! A real eye opener!
Llynn Roberts
Llynn Roberts marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Elyse Muratore
Elyse Muratore marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Judi Banas
Judi Banas marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Michelle Patell
Michelle Patell marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Jeanne Fangman
Jeanne Fangman marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Andrew
Andrew added it
Oct 11, 2014
Linda
Linda added it
Aug 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Meetings with Mary Queen of the Cosmos: Interviews with the Visionaries of Medjugorje The Spiritual Journey of George Washington Mary, Queen of Angels Answers to Universal Questions The Secrets of Mary: Gifts from the Blessed Mother