Start by marking “Visitants: Stories of Fallen Angels and Heavenly Hosts” as Want to Read:
Visitants: Stories of Fallen Angels and Heavenly Hosts

Visitants: Stories of Fallen Angels and Heavenly Hosts

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  11 reviews
IN THE DARKNESS, SOMETHING WICKED SPREADS ITS WINGS
THE ETERNAL BATTLE between fallen angels and their Heavenly counterpoints plays out daily here on Earth. Without warning, ordinary people find their lives forever changed by the intervention of divine beings. But meddling with the living does not always go according to plan and the angels themselves fall under an all-too-
Published November 1st 2010 by Ulysses Press

To ask other readers questions about Visitants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Visitants

Asteropê
Pamela

Fallen angels and Heavenly hosts—what better subjects for a genre anthology of short stories? There are plenty of collections with stories about vampires, werewolves and demons out there, but this is something different, something fresh. So when I got this in the mail, I dove right into it.
Visitants has a variety of stories that vary in angel kind, from those from in the Christian Bible and Hebrew works to those spiritual beings from the Qur’an to Kabbalah and even to even New Age mysticism. Som
Aasoner
I loved every story this book has. There were couple of them I wished I knew more about the Old Testament and the Bible, stories were bit confusing for me who has not indulge in religion.
Sandy
I realize that I like positive stories about angels and tend to cringe when reading the darker tales of fallen angels and evil. I am going to skip to the stories within in this book that are more inspiring and then close it and return it the library. The other short stories are the kind that will keep me awake at night!
Janet
This is an interesting mix of contemporary and classic stories about angels and fallen angels. The content isn't anywhere close to the recent YA trend of angels & demons paranormal romance; the stories in this collection are cerebral, disturbing, and very British.
Claire
Most of the stories were intense and rather dark, some less so, but all of them were rhetorically effective +thought provoking. The last one was the best (I read this book over half a year, so of course I'd say that)
Colleen
I liked Neil Gaiman's short story with only a couple gross exceptions. I only read the first 1/3 of the book, but the stories didn't grab me. I'm abandoning it for now. I'll return to the book another time.
Julie Ray
An odd anthology. Interesting writing styles; cool subject/idea...but, the content just rubbed me the wrong way.
Mortalform
Introduced me to many authors I had not heard of who are very talented.
S.l. Schmitz
Wonderful! Highly recommend!
Lina
Lina is currently reading it
Jul 26, 2015
Chelsea Powell
Chelsea Powell marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Little
Little marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Nika Won
Nika Won marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Danyell Stoerger
Danyell Stoerger marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Taina
Taina marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Mike
Mike added it
May 05, 2015
Tammy Hurley
Tammy Hurley marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Leah Weir
Leah Weir marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Sarah Swernofsky
Sarah Swernofsky marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Javier
Javier marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: editor credited as author 6 17 Oct 07, 2014 04:11PM
Stephen Jones is an eighteen-time winner of the British Fantasy Award.
More about Stephen Jones...
Shadows over Innsmouth Clive Barker's A - Z of Horror Zombie Apocalypse! (Zombie Apocalypse, #1) H.P. Lovecraft's Book of Horror The Art of Coraline