Start by marking “Visitants: Stories of Fallen Angels and Heavenly Hosts” as Want to Read:
Visitants: Stories of Fallen Angels and Heavenly Hosts

Visitants: Stories of Fallen Angels and Heavenly Hosts

3.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  54 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
IN THE DARKNESS, SOMETHING WICKED SPREADS ITS WINGS
THE ETERNAL BATTLE between fallen angels and their Heavenly counterpoints plays out daily here on Earth. Without warning, ordinary people find their lives forever changed by the intervention of divine beings. But meddling with the living does not always go according to plan and the angels themselves fall under an all-too-
Published November 1st 2010 by Ulysses Press

To ask other readers questions about Visitants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Visitants

Asteropê
Pamela
Jan 31, 2011 Pamela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Fallen angels and Heavenly hosts—what better subjects for a genre anthology of short stories? There are plenty of collections with stories about vampires, werewolves and demons out there, but this is something different, something fresh. So when I got this in the mail, I dove right into it.
Visitants has a variety of stories that vary in angel kind, from those from in the Christian Bible and Hebrew works to those spiritual beings from the Qur’an to Kabbalah and even to even New Age mysticism. Som
bogdan maznitsky
Сборник рассказов не однороден. Есть очень интересные. Есть гораздо менее.
Но все равно стоит почитать. Не шедевр, конечно, но некоторые взгляды - очень постмодерновые и оригинальные.
Aasoner
Aug 18, 2014 Aasoner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved every story this book has. There were couple of them I wished I knew more about the Old Testament and the Bible, stories were bit confusing for me who has not indulge in religion.
Sandy
Jan 24, 2012 Sandy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I realize that I like positive stories about angels and tend to cringe when reading the darker tales of fallen angels and evil. I am going to skip to the stories within in this book that are more inspiring and then close it and return it the library. The other short stories are the kind that will keep me awake at night!
Janet
This is an interesting mix of contemporary and classic stories about angels and fallen angels. The content isn't anywhere close to the recent YA trend of angels & demons paranormal romance; the stories in this collection are cerebral, disturbing, and very British.
Claire
Nov 14, 2012 Claire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Most of the stories were intense and rather dark, some less so, but all of them were rhetorically effective +thought provoking. The last one was the best (I read this book over half a year, so of course I'd say that)
Colleen
Feb 19, 2011 Colleen rated it it was ok
Shelves: angels, didn-t-finish
I liked Neil Gaiman's short story with only a couple gross exceptions. I only read the first 1/3 of the book, but the stories didn't grab me. I'm abandoning it for now. I'll return to the book another time.
Julie Ray
An odd anthology. Interesting writing styles; cool subject/idea...but, the content just rubbed me the wrong way.
Stewie
May 20, 2012 Stewie rated it really liked it
Full review at HorrorTalk.com.
Mortalform
Introduced me to many authors I had not heard of who are very talented.
S.l. Schmitz
Jan 21, 2012 S.l. Schmitz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful! Highly recommend!
Gaby
Gaby marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Megan
Megan added it
Jan 24, 2016
Emily
Emily added it
Jan 16, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Roxy
Roxy marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
PurringM
PurringM rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2015
j rees
j rees rated it did not like it
Dec 16, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Dec 07, 2015
Celestriakle
Celestriakle marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
Max
Max rated it did not like it
Jan 05, 2016
Stefan Grønvik
Stefan Grønvik marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2015
Alexandra Merenkova
Alexandra Merenkova is currently reading it
Oct 10, 2015
Shaynah Kowitz
Shaynah Kowitz rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2015
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Ashley Arvidson
Ashley Arvidson marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: editor credited as author 6 17 Oct 07, 2014 04:11PM
Stephen Jones is an eighteen-time winner of the British Fantasy Award.
More about Stephen Jones...