Start by marking “Papertoy Monsters: Make Your Very Own Amazing Papertoys!” as Want to Read:
Papertoy Monsters: Make Your Very Own Amazing Papertoys!

Papertoy Monsters: Make Your Very Own Amazing Papertoys!

4.73 of 5 stars 4.73  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A breakthrough paper-folding book for kids—paper airplanes meet Origami meets Pokemon. Papertoys, the Internet phenomenon that’s hot among graphic designers and illustrators around the world, now comes to kids in the coolest new book. Created and curated by Brian Castleforte, a graphic designer and papertoy pioneer who rounded up 25 of the hottest papertoy designers from a ...more
Published December 29th 2010 by Workman Publishing Company (first published December 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Papertoy Monsters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Papertoy Monsters

Sara
PaperToy Monsters is a book full of punch out paper monsters that can be assembled with nothing but glue. There are four sections of monsters: Monster Legends, Earth Ocean and Space Monsters, Mutant Food and Thing Monsters, and Human Monsters. There is also a nice paragraph describing each monster's story and a set of templates in the back of the book so you can design your own monster. The PaperToys come in Intermediate, Easy and Advanced difficulty and I was able to complete both an intermedia ...more
Marika
Silly, fun, wacky, gross, and sometimes utterly ridiculous monsters fill the pages of this book. The colors are bright, the directions are simple, and there’s no cutting involved! Each papertoy punches out of the page and is accompanied by directions for creating your wacky 3-D monster. Blank templates are provided at the back of the book so that you can create your own monsters.
Lise Petrauskas
@papertoymonsters The monsters are so much fun to make. My kid friends always want to make them when they come over! Each monster has a backstory, too. Fun, funny, loveably weird characters that evidence ingenious design solutions!
Holden
IT WAS AWESOME!!!!
78sunny
5 von 5 Sternen
*Inhalt:*
In diesem Buch finden sich Bastelvorlagen für 50 lustige 'Papiermonster', gestaltet von 25 Künstlern aus aller Welt. Die Toys sind nicht nur äußerst fantasievoll gestaltet, sondern alle als einzigartige, skurrile Persönlichkeiten konzipiert und steckbriefartig beschrieben. Da gibt es zum Beispiel „Toastie“, eine Brotscheibe, die mit ihrer langen Zunge anderen das Essen vom Teller stibitzt, oder das Covermodell "Icy Huggy", ein gutmütiges Schneemonster, das gerne laut sing
Farhana Faruq
Made some paper monsters with my niece!!

What it's about: It's approximately 200 pages. The left page has a little 'story' about the monster, the right page has the monster dye-cut. You punch out the monster, glue the tabs and put that thing together.

They are about 50 monsters, and 10 blanks which you get to design yourself. Each monster is set for a different level (ex. easy, intermediate, etc.)

My thoughts: Love the book!! I totally dig the little monster stories (and all three kids enjoyed lis
Rachel
This book has 50 paper monsters that you punch out, fold and glue. My five year old and seven year old had a blast putting these together with the help of their dad. My seven year old could put some of the easier monsters together almost all by himself but the five year old needed a lot of help with all the monsters he put together.

The book recommends using glue to adhere the tabs together but that requires patience to hold the tabs together while the glue dries before moving on the next step. S
Jess Trueman
My nephew is obsessed with making the monsters in this book. Kids just need a gluestick or some clear tape to put together these cute and challenging paper dolls. A must for rainy day fun for bored kids.
Jenni Frencham
I found this book at one of my favorite bookstores in San Francisco, and I carried around in the store with me for the better part of an hour while I contemplated purchasing it. The book contains fifty different paper monsters, each ready to be created with the addition of glue and a little bit of time. The monsters are pre-printed on the paper and perforated, and there are directions for each monster's folding and gluing. I have only made one of the monsters so far, but I found the directions t ...more
Meran
This is a very fun book, but I can't see how young children could handle this without a lot of help. In fact, many of the designs will require parental hands-on even with older children.

I used glue; it worked well. Several of the designs were off-printed and so the folds were less than optimal, but still worked. Only one design was beyond help. (There were about 2, maybe 3 that didn't have slots where needed. A razor blade took care of that. ;) )

Recommended.
Mrs. Nelson's
If your goal is to be more creative, use "Papertoy Monsters" by Brian Castleforte. I'm not talking about scary, stop-bathing-creative, I'm talking adorable-creative. And Papertoy Monsters has everything you need to make 50 cute (you guessed it) paper monsters. What could be more fun?
--Review by Lauren
Jared
Jared added it
Sep 28, 2014
Daisy
Daisy added it
Sep 18, 2014
Rukhairy Mohd
Rukhairy Mohd marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014