Start by marking “Papertoy Monsters: Make Your Very Own Amazing Papertoys!” as Want to Read:
Papertoy Monsters: Make Your Very Own Amazing Papertoys!

Papertoy Monsters: Make Your Very Own Amazing Papertoys!

4.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  78 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
A breakthrough paper-folding book for kids—paper airplanes meet Origami meets Pokemon. Papertoys, the Internet phenomenon that’s hot among graphic designers and illustrators around the world, now comes to kids in the coolest new book. Created and curated by Brian Castleforte, a graphic designer and papertoy pioneer who rounded up 25 of the hottest papertoy designers from a ...more
Published December 29th 2010 by Workman Publishing Company (first published December 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Papertoy Monsters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Papertoy Monsters

Sara
Jan 27, 2011 Sara rated it it was amazing
PaperToy Monsters is a book full of punch out paper monsters that can be assembled with nothing but glue. There are four sections of monsters: Monster Legends, Earth Ocean and Space Monsters, Mutant Food and Thing Monsters, and Human Monsters. There is also a nice paragraph describing each monster's story and a set of templates in the back of the book so you can design your own monster. The PaperToys come in Intermediate, Easy and Advanced difficulty and I was able to complete both an intermedia ...more
Marika
Jun 30, 2011 Marika rated it it was amazing
Silly, fun, wacky, gross, and sometimes utterly ridiculous monsters fill the pages of this book. The colors are bright, the directions are simple, and there’s no cutting involved! Each papertoy punches out of the page and is accompanied by directions for creating your wacky 3-D monster. Blank templates are provided at the back of the book so that you can create your own monsters.
Siskiyou-Suzy
This isn't a book you read so much as do. I was thrilled to find a brand new copy of this in a thrift store for $2. Seriously, what a great deal. It does have its faults though. The monsters aren't totally my thing, even though I do like monsters. They were too . . . gimmicky, which seems a stupid thing to say about monsters, but it's true.

Also: the scored pages weren't very well done. More than once, I tore something while trying to pop it out. I started using an exacto knife or scissors to avo
Lise Petrauskas
Feb 15, 2012 Lise Petrauskas rated it it was amazing
@papertoymonsters The monsters are so much fun to make. My kid friends always want to make them when they come over! Each monster has a backstory, too. Fun, funny, loveably weird characters that evidence ingenious design solutions!
Holden
Feb 25, 2011 Holden rated it it was amazing
IT WAS AWESOME!!!!
78sunny
Jun 16, 2013 78sunny rated it it was amazing
5 von 5 Sternen
*Inhalt:*
In diesem Buch finden sich Bastelvorlagen für 50 lustige 'Papiermonster', gestaltet von 25 Künstlern aus aller Welt. Die Toys sind nicht nur äußerst fantasievoll gestaltet, sondern alle als einzigartige, skurrile Persönlichkeiten konzipiert und steckbriefartig beschrieben. Da gibt es zum Beispiel „Toastie“, eine Brotscheibe, die mit ihrer langen Zunge anderen das Essen vom Teller stibitzt, oder das Covermodell "Icy Huggy", ein gutmütiges Schneemonster, das gerne laut sing
Farhana Faruq
Dec 12, 2013 Farhana Faruq rated it it was amazing
Shelves: art
Made some paper monsters with my niece!!

What it's about: It's approximately 200 pages. The left page has a little 'story' about the monster, the right page has the monster dye-cut. You punch out the monster, glue the tabs and put that thing together.

They are about 50 monsters, and 10 blanks which you get to design yourself. Each monster is set for a different level (ex. easy, intermediate, etc.)

My thoughts: Love the book!! I totally dig the little monster stories (and all three kids enjoyed lis
Rachel
Nov 21, 2011 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafts
This book has 50 paper monsters that you punch out, fold and glue. My five year old and seven year old had a blast putting these together with the help of their dad. My seven year old could put some of the easier monsters together almost all by himself but the five year old needed a lot of help with all the monsters he put together.

The book recommends using glue to adhere the tabs together but that requires patience to hold the tabs together while the glue dries before moving on the next step. S
Jess Trueman
Aug 27, 2014 Jess Trueman rated it it was amazing
My nephew is obsessed with making the monsters in this book. Kids just need a gluestick or some clear tape to put together these cute and challenging paper dolls. A must for rainy day fun for bored kids.
Krissy (probably not a cylon...)
This is really a fun book full of monsters to build. Each monster has a (short paragraph) story to go along with it. My kids (7 & 8) have enjoyed putting these together, and so have I.
Jenni Frencham
Jan 19, 2012 Jenni Frencham rated it liked it
I found this book at one of my favorite bookstores in San Francisco, and I carried around in the store with me for the better part of an hour while I contemplated purchasing it. The book contains fifty different paper monsters, each ready to be created with the addition of glue and a little bit of time. The monsters are pre-printed on the paper and perforated, and there are directions for each monster's folding and gluing. I have only made one of the monsters so far, but I found the directions t ...more
Meran
This is a very fun book, but I can't see how young children could handle this without a lot of help. In fact, many of the designs will require parental hands-on even with older children.

I used glue; it worked well. Several of the designs were off-printed and so the folds were less than optimal, but still worked. Only one design was beyond help. (There were about 2, maybe 3 that didn't have slots where needed. A razor blade took care of that. ;) )

Recommended.
Mrs. Nelson's
May 29, 2011 Mrs. Nelson's rated it it was amazing
If your goal is to be more creative, use "Papertoy Monsters" by Brian Castleforte. I'm not talking about scary, stop-bathing-creative, I'm talking adorable-creative. And Papertoy Monsters has everything you need to make 50 cute (you guessed it) paper monsters. What could be more fun?
--Review by Lauren
Pam Head
Pam Head rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2016
Julen
Julen marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Kris
Kris rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2016
Irem
Irem marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Anne Swanson
Anne Swanson marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Lucy Spencer
Lucy Spencer rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2016
Doge
Doge added it
Apr 02, 2016
Babe
Babe rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2016
Cody
Cody rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2016
János Hudák
János Hudák marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Chris Kirstein
Chris Kirstein rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2016
Kristine
Kristine rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2016
Danny Angmar
Danny Angmar marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Ihan
Ihan rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2016